When you call, mention priority code 15Z2-ZHRD

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez SRT700DX Bass

Modernize your sound with the Ibanez SRT700DX. This bass features American-made EMG pickups and a thru-neck construction for a longer sustain.

Overall

"An Excellent bass!!" submitted November 20, 2012

By Fool's Chaos
Overall
Musical Background: Bassist primarily, but also play guitar, keyboards, drums, and low brass, My music is under Fool's Chaos
Music Style: Slap bass, Funk, Rock, and Metal mixed with electronica.
Sound: Sound is not as fat as a vintage bass but much punchier and lively sounding, perfect for slap, funk, rock, and metal. I play mainly finger style or slap, but I love the sound of this bass with a pick, it just cuts though the mix with little effort. This is a great recording bass. Feature: The reasons I bought this bass over the bass I was looking at prior (The Ibanez SR600) was its neck though contruction, Active EMG's, and lighter weight. The EQ is wonderful, you can dial just about any sound you need with it. Ease of Use: Even with the EQ, this is an easy bass to work with. I would guess most people will dial in a sound they like and keep it there most of the time with little alteration, and use outboard EQ instead. Right out of the box it played and sounded great and felt wonderful. Quality: Quality is excellent, the knob that was overly tight was the only thing, but I will fix that on my own. The bass just played, sounded, and felt to good to send back for something small like that. Value: This bass is an amazing deal on zZounds, especially with the payment options. This is a killer bass for the money, now I just need to get Ibanez or zZounds to sponsor my music with one of the SR prestige models, which is a dream :) Manufacturer Support: I have never dealt with Ibanez. I own a AEG classical that was also bought from Zzounds, though it was a gift, and both products are fantastic value for the money. The Wow Factor: The pictures do not do the instrument justice, trust me. This is a much prettier instrument in person. Its beautiful and when you start slapping on it, you will get attention trust me :) Overall: I recently purchased this bass from zZounds, and I’m in love. My other main bass has Seymour Duncan basslines which are passive with a nice pre-amp. It gets a very fat, warm, and vintage jazz bass sound. I was looking for something that was punchier and less vintage with a tighter more modern sound. I have loved the feel of the SR series and have desired one for a long time. They are lighter than standard basses (The glossy SR models like the SR700 are heavier), have a thinner and smaller radius neck than a standard bass, and play very quick. If you want a vintage sounding bass like a Fender precision or Jazz, I would not recommend this model, but if you’re looking for a punchy sounding bass that is great for slapping, rock, metal, and funk, this bass with its active EMG’s and EQ sounds wonderful. The neck though construction provides wonderful sustain and just feels great in my small to medium hands, the playability of this bass cannot be understated, it just plays like butter. The tuners and knobs felt nice and tight, one of the eq knobs that has two dials on it was too tight though, im sure that is not the norm however. I loved the bass and I didn’t want to send it back for a small thing like that. A neck though EMG equipped light weight SR bass is really fun to play and sounds fantastic, I highly recommend trying this instrument, I can’t imagine you would be disappointed :)

When you call, mention priority code 15Z2-ZHRD. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976