When you call, mention priority code 173Y-GPBQ

For delivery by Dec. 24, order by 2 p.m. EST on Tuesday, Dec. 23 and select 1-day shipping.

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez SR506 6-String

The Ibanez SR506 is a serious rock bass. With a superfast SR7 Soundgear neck and Bartolini pickups, the Ibanez SR506 feels and sounds great.

"EXCELLENT BASS for 1st time 6 stringers!" submitted April 14, 2005

Overall
Musical Background: former active musician.....hobbyist right now
Music Style: a little of everything, although I lean toward funk-related progressive rock
Sound: The sound of this bass is amazingly versatile! I had never played bartolinis before this bass yet alone the MK1 series but I am blown away by the sound. I tried many different brands of 6'ers (including Spector, and Warwicks) and I have to say that this bass stood out..even with the dead strings that it was equiped with (Elixirs yuck!!!). Just had the bass's action and intonation set up and its probably THE best bass Ive ever played now. My sound can vary from deep, nasty funk to straight ahead jazz (with nasty rock in between!) and this bass more that delivers. Feature: LOVED the electronics, VERY flexible palette of sounds! Quality: Love the oil finish on the bass, never had a bass with one before, although mine had some 'dry' spots under my neck pickup which were quickly rubbed out when I brought her in for a complete setup. There also was an imperfection in the back of the neck by the headstock (a pretty rough spot between the wenge seams!)..that also was taken care of at setup time. I would have to say that beyond its excellent sound palette, the smooth satin neck is amazingly playable...much better than some VERY expensive 6'ers I've played. Value: ABSOLUTELY the best value around, I don't think you can find a better bass (with all its features) for the money. The Wow Factor: I just LOVED the look of the hand rubbed oil stain, made the bass look so much more expensive than it is!!! Overall: This is by far the best bass that I've ever owned, the only improvement that I'd recommend is a neck-thru redesign...but that's my taste.

"This bass will cause a ruckus in the house! I love it!" submitted January 22, 2008

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Overall
Musical Background: Active musician, composer, bassist, recording, etc, etc, etc.
Music Style: Original Rock, Funk, Classic Rock
Sound: The sound of this bass is likened to rolling thunder with a clarity from the heavens! I was so surprised when I first picked it up in the store. It was sort of an "I'll show you" thing - being that I am a small woman (5 ft tall) with small hands....but a bassist to the bone, and once I got hold of this baby (I named her 'Mudskipper") we were an uproarious team! I have it paired up with a Mesa/Boogie Big Block 750 with a 4x10 cab. She sounds outrageous with that, yet plugged into my little Peavey 112 practice amp, she is just as gutsy and mean! How could she sound any better? I doubt she could. The Bartolini's tell the tale. Feature: I have no complaint about the lack of accessories. It doesn't matter to me. The bass is the main ingredient and "accessories" don't make it play any better. Ease of Use: Again, I couldn't believe this thing. Little me, all of five feet with goofy little hands, and I could play her like nobody's business! It took a few hours to get back up to speed, as I am used to 4-strings and this is my first (and probably last ever) six string. Just picture (and it is kinda funny) this little lady playing this giant's neck of a bass. This bass is simple and sweet to handle! Quality: Quality?? Fabulous. Everything is professional down to the little plastic "map" around the control knobs. I am not worried about this thing "breaking". My husband is a gifted guitar tech, and he can spot sure quality at a glance...My Ibanez 6 string is TOTAL quality, especially for the price. I am more concerned about my tempermental Warwick giving me fits, and that thing was more than twice the price of this one! Value: Incredible value for the $$. Manufacturer Support: Not ever needed support with any of our Ibanez products. Just a great deal for the money spent. The Wow Factor: Well I wouldn't exactly describe a bass with a neck the size of a surfboard "sexy", but if you must use that term, then she is just that! It looks alot like my Warwick, which is kind of nice, but I am counting on her even more than the Warwick because I feel she is honestly made BETTER! Overall: I expect to own and use this product as long as I live, breath and thump! I own twelve (12) basses, and I am certain that she will always be at the top of my collection. The bass has enhanced my playing by leaps and bounds because of the 6 strings.
18 of 19 people (94.74%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Just awsome!!!" submitted May 8, 2006

Musical Background: Bassist since 1973
Music Style: Rock and blues.
Sound: I will admit that I am biased as I am hardcore Bartolini user, nonetheless it sounds incredible, especially at the price of the bass. This bass could go for three times the price and still be well worth the money. Feature: All the hardware on this bass is high quality and flawlessly installed. Ease of Use: The string spacing is a bit narrower than I am used to but it's nothing that a bit practice will not fix. Quality: The construction is stellar. The neck is set into the body so tightly, you cannot slip a piece of paper between the neck and the body. The frets installed perfectly, the action is super fast and it came set-up perfectly out of the box. Value: As I said previously, this bass is worth three times the price. Manufacturer Support: This is my fourth Ibanez and I have not needed any support from them yet, so I cannot say. The Wow Factor: Just gorgeous! This bass is straight eye candy!! Overall: Awsome; a bass you can hold onto for a lifetime!
13 of 14 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

Ibanez SR506 6-String Customer Review submitted March 11, 2007

Music Style: Funk, Rock, Jazz, Blues
Sound: This bass sounds excellent and gives you great tone control. Dudes in my band prefer the sound of this bass over my 4 string Ibanez Prestige that was about twice the price. Bartolini says it all. Feature: As I said before, great tone control. Hardware seems high quality. Wish it had a monorail bridge though. Ease of Use: This is my first 6 string bass that I purchased about 4 months ago. I've been playing 4 string for about 14 years. I wasn't sure that I would be able to make the jump from 4 to 6 strings but the SR506 made it easy. I can pizacato, pop, slap, tap, pluck, & pick on this bass. It is now my primary bass and will be for quite a while. The SR5 neck gives you tighter string spacing than most 6 strings that I've played. Quality: A well built bass. Probably suceptible to dents though - the wood of the body seems soft. Value: Well worth it. The best 6 string bass for the buck in my opinion. Overall: I love this bass.
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Killer bass" submitted January 25, 2013

By Colin P in Monmouth Jct., NJ
Musical Background: 30-some odd years
Music Style: Rock, jazz, funk, progressive,
Sound: The sounds that you can get from the bartolinis are endless, each tweak brings another great sound option. Even unplugged it has a very good, woody sound despite how light the body is. Feature: The mid boost is great, as well as the 6 strings. Ease of Use: Quite easy to transition from a 4 string to this, due to the Ibanez necks. Quality: This is a pretty solid bass, my only issue was the need to get the frets dressed. Other than that, very high quality. Value: Great value!!! Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed it and I don't foresee any future reason for it. The Wow Factor: Good looking bass...I may have said wow, not sure tho... Overall: Great bass great price. The playability and the sound options with the Bartolini pickups are at a level way above the price point. A fretless version would be awesome.

"Proffesional quality for alomost nay budget." submitted October 3, 2008

Music Style: Progressive metal
Sound: The sound on this bass is smooth and equal. Its lows will punch you in the stomach and its highs lead the way into harmonic clarity. The only thing I feel its missing personaly is a powerful growl like that of a Warwick. Yet with the 3-band equalizer directly on the bass you can find any sound that fits your style. Feature: The grover tuners are awesome! You never have to worry about losing your tuning set up, except for when you put fresh strings on it but life isn't perfect right? The equalizer has a wide range of sounds and the bartolini pick ups are the definatley my pick of any pick ups now. Ease of Use: If you are used to playing bass and don't mind jammin on wide... very wide neck then this bass is very comfortable to play. The neck is very flat which makes it easy to navigate threw the frets. I play progessive metal and I hit alot of notes one after another and this bass does not slow me down. Slapping isn't as easy but comfortable nont the less. Quality: The Ibanez is definatly a work of art. Everyone that has seen me with this has given me nothing but compliments. I really can't think of anything bad about this bass besides the missing growl that I personaly enjoy the most. Value: You are not going to find a better bass for this price... EVER! The Wow Factor: Its balance, shape and color are all beautiful. It stands out as its own work of art. Overall: The SR506 is overall a great bass. I am very satisfied with my purchase and feel I will buy more SR series basses. That will be after another Warwick though. Go to any local shop and try one of these sound gears out and see for your self. You will be amazed in the quality and playability of this instrument.

"Great sounding bass" submitted February 11, 2005

Musical Background: Pro musician Band teacher
Sound: This bass produces all the sounds you could possibly want. The three band EQ is great. I play every weekend and have had no problems getting the sounds I like. Feature: I love the looks and I love the sound. Best six string if your not going over $2000. Quality: Best six I can afford. I also have the SR505 as a back up, and I packed up my 64 Fender Jazz when I wanted more strings. The only thing I would really change is the jack where you plug the guitar in, the angled entry is ,in my opinion, not the most solid connection possible, Value: Best value I can find ! Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed any The Wow Factor: I don't sleep with it. But I do bring it home with me after every gig. Overall: I intend to play it as long as I played my Fender( if I live another 30 years)

"I bought it to use as a back up for my Tobias. After practice last night the guys on the band fell in love with it also. My To" submitted December 6, 2006

Music Style: R & B, Jazz, Funk, Rock, Pop, Blues, and Gospel
Sound: The sound is amazing. I am 52 years old and have been playing bass since age 14. I have owned or played Vox, Fender, Epiphone, Vester, Ibanez, Washburn, Carvin, G & L, Yamaha, and Tobias basses over the years. The guys on the band love my Tobias, but, they went nuts when I played my new SR506 at practice last night. The sound stands out and you can dial up some many tones that it will cause you to lose sleep at night. It gives you the Ken Smith sound also. When I add my Aguilar 18 volt outboard preamp it fills the air. This bass is worth the money without any effects or preamps. If you want a great sounding bass that runs in the $2000 to $5,000 range and cannot afford one. Find $629.00 from somewhere right now and get you one quick. You will be glad that you did. It is like I had gone back to my childhood with my favorite toy. I can't put this thing down and I keep thinking about how great it sounds for the price. All I can say is go to a music store that sells Ibanez Basses and try one. The rest is history! Feature: B-A-R-T-O-L-I-N-I- neck & bridge pick ups give this thing great sound. I once had Barts installed in my Yamaha 5 String that caused heads to turn and ears to listen. Back in 1988 one of my friends that plays bass professionally for the U.S. Air Force once told me if I couldn't afford Tobias or Pedulla to buy Ibanez because it was the next best thing with the right sounds. He was right because I went out and bought an Ibanez 5 string and put my Washburn away. The Washburn had good sounds also. I started buying Tobias Basses in the late 90's. If the SR506 was available then I would have bought one. All of the features on this bass are useful because you can dial in so many tones you'll stay up at night playing when you should be sleeping. Ease of Use: This bass is good without and without my ampeg rig and aguilar 18 volt outboard preamp. This bass sounds good even in my little 15 watt practice amp. Quality: This bass is lighter than my Tobias which is light to me. The finish is not glossy or classy as my Tobias, but the sound matches and that is what is important. I originally bought the SR506 as a back up. I like the finish, it's different, it's unique, and it did not cost $2000.00 Value: This product is more than worth what it costs. Manufacturer Support: n/a The Wow Factor: The feel on the neck is awesome for me! Our sound engineer who also plays bass, asked me to sell him my Tobias after hearing the SR506. Of course the answer was no. He then asked me where he could get a SR506. He couldn't believe that it costs less than the high end basses of today. Overall: This bass can be replaced for whatever reason only by another exactly like it.

"THIS IS GREAT" submitted December 19, 2007

Music Style: Prog Metal, Metal, Hard Rock, Blues
Sound: i love the sound of this bass, i can get a nice deep tone, or a higher, more mids and treble sound. the EQ makes quite a difference, along with the pickups. I personally love the sound, and it goes great when im playing metal. Feature: unfortunately it didnt come with a gig bag or anything, but it did come with some elixirs, which is really nice. The pickups are awesome, the neck is really comfortable, this was my first six string, and i was coming from a 4 stringer. I adjusted in less than a month. Ease of Use: Like i said, i had no problem making the switch from 4 to 6 strings. This bass is just so comfortable. Quality: i think its well made. Theres not apparent problems. The wood is reallly soft, which is one problem in the long run. But it seemed to be put together well. Value: I think this is a really good deal, I havent tried out many other 6 stringers, but for this value, its pretty amazing. I would sell it for a lot more. Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: I freaking love how it looks, when i first saw it I new this was the bass i wanted. Its beyond perfect in my opinion Overall: the only real problem is how sof the wood is. The tone is great, shape is awesome, it plays well. I dont see any major problems with this bass

"Ibanez SR 506 6 String Bass" submitted May 7, 2011

Music Style: I play it all
Sound: The Bartolini's give this bass almost unlimited sound variations. I absolutely love this bass! Feature: Of course, the Bartolini pickups. I also like the bridge, easy to restring, and it's solid..love it. The neck is easy to play, even in the higher register. It doesn't weigh you down after a while, it's light and well balanced. Quality: This bass is extremely well made. I love the mahogany wood. When I got the bass, the string action was perfect and it was intonated. Value: For the money, if you are looking for a quality 6 string bass that sounds awesome, this is the one.

"Great Six String" submitted December 12, 2004

Musical Background: Church bassist
Music Style: gospel funk jazz
Sound: The sound of this bass is awsome it gives you every thing you want and need to be a working bass player. From Jazz to funk. Feature: The elixir strings are pure quality. The neck and the blend of woods on the back are beautiful along with the smoke grey hardwear Quality: The frets on the edges are kind of rough compared to the SR 3006 but its not noticable after you have owned it for a while unless you have both. I use it every Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday at church and I have had no problems. You have to be careful with the wood from getting scars. It stays in tune quite well and it is easy to polish up. Overall: Overall this bass is awsome and I am so glad I maid the step to six. Now every time I pick up a four it fells like it is missing something but at the same time it seems so easy. Its a great bass for a great price if you can wait and save a little more get the 3006

"the best F#@king bass ever" submitted May 21, 2004

Music Style: everything but country
Sound: the sond is simply amazing i love every sound on every fret. the only sugestion i have is o make it fretless for those of us who know where all the frets are Feature: no complaints Quality: the product is made great. flawless Value: its perfect for the price Manufacturer Support: when needed help they were very easy to cotact and even sent strings free to m because mine broke under warentee The Wow Factor: it looks the best ive ever seen on a 6 string Overall: i will never replace it. i have an ibanez gsr205 and an ibanez 5 string as well and there all amazing i think ibanez is definitly the best for basses

"this is one of the best basses ive ever played." submitted April 7, 2007

Musical Background: Hobbyist, active musician
Music Style: Progressive Metal/Rock
Sound: the tone is very clean, you can pump out high notes and low notes with very good clarity. Feature: it doesnt include accesories, but i was suprised to find it came with a set of elixer strings already on. i love the bartolini pickups, they give a real nice tone, and theres a volume knob, pickup balencer, as well as 3-mand-eq to cuztomize your tone. the metal on the bridge has already begun to tarnish only months after purchase, but it wont effect my playing ability. Ease of Use: the pickups give you the exact tone you need, the neck is thin and allows you to reach the lower strings much easier. i switched over from a 4 string to this ibanez (after only 9 months of playing) and was comfortable playing it within a week or less, and its very easy to play. (aside from the strings being closer together than my 4 string bass, but that didnt take long to get used to) Quality: i love the mahogany body, it looks very high quality. the hardware (knobs, bridge, tuning pegs, etc.) all look very nice with the tone of the wood. as ive said before, its extrememly easy to get used to, and has a good feel to it. ive never played a better 6 string bass. Value: i think its a little bit of a steep price, but if you have the money, i would buy it. to be honest, i think this bass isnt priced as high as it should be, it truly is a good bass. im glad i purchased it. Manufacturer Support: never needed to worry about customer service The Wow Factor: as soon as i saw it, i noticed the nice tone of the wood and the hardware. it played smooth, and had a nice sound to it. it was easy to play and it gave me no difficulties. Overall: i will probably be using this bass for well over a few years. as long as it is in working condition, i will continue to use it, and i will consider more ibanez products in the future.

"Why I Love Ibanez" submitted May 27, 2005

Musical Background: Bassist, Songwriter, and Musician
Music Style: Progressive-Metal/ Improv
Sound: Very warm and mellow, but still poweful Feature: Bartolini!!!!!!!!!!!! Quality: Awesome... only complaint (very small) is that the wood is a little soft on the body Value: Ibanez has always been a great value. I'd sell a Tobias anyday and buy one of these. Manufacturer Support: Ibanez is always the best The Wow Factor: The wood is so beautiful on this. It looks almost sophisticated, even. Overall: I don't plan on getting another bass. This is sheer brilliance

"TIME AND AGAIN THE GREATER VALUE AND QUALITY" submitted August 12, 2010

Musical Background: ACTIVE MUSICIAN
Music Style: GOSPEL JAZZ FREESTYLE
Sound: THE SOUND IS ONLY SURPASSED BY MY G&L BASS BUT IT IS CRISP ARTICULATE RECORDS WELL HAS NO HUM CONDITIONS Feature: MORE TONE CONTROL THAN I ACTUALLY NEED MID SWITCH IS NEW. MY PREVIOUS 506 DID NOT HAVE ONE Ease of Use: ACTION OUT OF THE BOX WAS EXCELLENT! Quality: SELECTION OF WOODS IS GREAT RESPONDS TO THE TEXTURES I NEED. (LOOK UP A CONCISE BACKGROUND OF GUITAR WOODS TO DETERMINE YOUR TONES) I'VE ACCIDENTALLY DROPPED IBANEZ PRODUCTS BEFORE INCLUDING BASSES, WELL MADE PRODUCT JUST DONT LIKE THE SOFTNESS OF THE BODY, BUT THAT GOES TOWARD THE SOUND AND RESONANCE OF THE BASS. Value: CANT GET ONE BETTER FOR ALL YOU GET Manufacturer Support: NEVER NEED THEM EXCEPT TO COMMENT ON THE SADDLE HEIGHT OF THE ACOUSTIC/ELECTRIC I OWN FROM IBANEZ The Wow Factor: NEVER LOOKED AT AN INSTRUMENT FOR SEX APPEAL. JUST A TOOL TO THE MEANS TO ME Overall: LOST ONE BEFORE, GOT ANOTHER ONE NOW IT WASN'T EVEN AN AFTERTHOUGHT AS TO WHERE I WOULD GO

Ibanez SR506 6-String Customer Review submitted February 9, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: Active Musician (bassist)
Music Style: Progressive Rock, Jazz
Sound: I'm one bassist that's really conscious abput tone quality.. SR 506 tone's easy to handle.. the wood is great! it gives me the warm tone that I like.. and best of all, slappers wouldn't be dismayed.. despite the thinner neck version, slapping is still enjoyable.. the body's light and the neck is easy to play... it's a great bass!!^_^

Ibanez SR506 6-String Customer Review submitted December 22, 2005

By a customer from kp.org
Music Style: Gospel, Jazzy
Sound: Rich and smooth sound. Quality of the instrument is second to none. The response is good although for the style of play, limited. Because it is a six string, there is range but I've encountered some level of difficulty when transistioning from R&B to jazz to funk to gospel. Alone, the instrument sound good, it can hold it's own as well as blending it with other instruments. So far, no problem playing live. In my home, I practice using anIbanez practice amp.(25-50w). Live, our church amplifier system. Any tips to make the instrument better?... No, it plays well, just understanding it's range and limitations. Good instrument Feature: No accessories (well, gig bag) included. Although I would love to add some unique modifications to it, say like, a custom sunburst pickguard. The bass looks extremely plain, doesn't look inviting. This may give it an different appeal. Quality: I've accidentally dropped the instrument (on more than one occasion, although I did catch it before it fully crashed into anything) and it hasn't effected the way the instrument sounds. The back of the instrument is beginnig to show some wear. The finish is beginning to peal. Overall, the instrument is "warrior-branded." I just purchased a G&L 2500 as my phonky, phonky girlfriend, and will alternate gigging with that. But this instrument will remain a main-stay in my play. Value: Ah, yeah. This instrument is the first six string I ever played and will be the last six string I'll buy. Great buy! Manufacturer Support: No. I haven't experienced any problems as of yet so I'll have to wait and see. The Wow Factor: Great instrument, just looks boring as all get out! Keep the foundation: the way it's made, the layout, the whole nine yards. That and the price caught my attention. But please, please give it something that brings it home. I'm presently shopping on line and around town trying to find someone who can either build for me or direct me to someone who has a pickguard or some exotic piece of wood to place on top of the instrument without altering the integrity of sound. Other than that, great product Overall: I usually buy a bass every 3-4 years. Because I mentor young children in the inner city of Washington DC, I find that alot of young boys and girls want to learn an instrument but due to economic reasons, can't afford it. So, I try to give away bass guitars in the hopes that a fraction of the children will carry the love of music into their adult years. I've given away three so far (some times it's tough). But I don't think I'll be given this away any time soon. Maybe I'll save it for my grandson so when gets old, it'll be an heirloom.

"Never leave the best sound of musical instrument to fits your tastes." submitted May 18, 2004

By a customer from bernas.com.my
Overall
Music Style: rock, blues, pop musics and etc.
Sound: The sound quality's the best among others compare to others products as I've formally heard at live tv programs and I'm keen interested and willing to purchase this bass guitar soon I get the pricing and purchasing matters for my orders. Feature: The ibanez origional xtra (6) strings, ibanez hard-case, ibanez leather strap and ibanez cables ( 25 ft ). Quality: The quality is great and fits. Value: The price is worth above the quality. Manufacturer Support: I need the services to deal about the instrument's purchase pricie. The Wow Factor: The piece of gear definitely a very supportive to all of our musical programs. Overall: It probably might be about 10 - 15 years or more as I expect.

"Great 6er for any player (that can handle a 6er)" submitted August 25, 2005

Musical Background: Session Bassist, Active
Music Style: Whatever I get paid to play
Sound: I used to own the prior model 6er by Ibanez, the SR406. I was impressed by the tone of that guitar. When I played this one, I was blown away! I am currently saving my money to buy this bass! :) Quality: This bass would be nicer with a 35" scale, but works well with the 34". Value: Buy this bass!!!!! Manufacturer Support: In my previous experience with the SR406, Ibanez was more than willing to assist with any issues or questions that I had.

"SR506..ONE OF THE BEST!!! aka..A BEAST!!!!" submitted January 6, 2009

Music Style: Gospel, Jazz
Sound: The sound is by far one of the best produced from basses that ive heard. Now the treble can overpower the sound if you boost it alot but at the "0" level it is perfect. Just like most of the people are saying, the different sound possibilites are great. I tend to go for more of that Ken Smith sound and can dial it in on this bass without having to pay that RIDICULOUS Ken Smith price.....RIDICULOUS!!!! Im play it thru my hartke 7000 amp with BBE processor and I LOVE IT....AND SO DOES EVERYBODY ELSE THAT HAS HEARD IT!!! Feature: Well it came with a cable but i'm not going to use it.....Also the allen wrentches for adjusting the truss rod if i have to. Ease of Use: Well i plugged it in drop tuned it a half step and went on from there. Quality: Well nothing is perfect but this bass is very, VERY CLOSE. The quality surpasses the price tag. Right out of the box the action was set good for me, everything was tight, no blemishes at all....it even smelled nice..how bout that! Value: Definetly worth the money! I played a more expensive BTB model and this bass is even with it. I dont wanna say it's worth more than the asking price because they might just start charging more!!!LOL...but it is! I think that it's great to be able to get a bass of this value and still not have to go without eating for a month just to obtain it. Manufacturer Support: Well i havent had to use them yet but it was easy to register the bass. Just went to the website and viola The Wow Factor: Well...ive never called a bass "sexy" and that's what they asked us to rate it on...the sex appeal...hmmmm. It does look good though. It has a professional and more expensive apperance. Overall: Well i also own the SR406 (the model before this one), and i still like it. So i know i'll have this bass for years to come if it holds up like its older brother.

Ibanez SR506 6-String Customer Review submitted September 23, 2006

Overall
Sound: IT ROCKS! Feature: Very good pickup system. Ease of Use: If you're good, then it will be too.

"Great bass.... Sub-par finish" submitted April 22, 2013

By Dan D
Musical Background: 30 yrs
Music Style: mowtown & big band to death metal
Overall: When I use the slap pop style on this bass I end up with wood chips under my nail.....kinda painful even days later. The finish just flakes away with a gentle touch!

"this was crazy go-nuts fun!" submitted April 28, 2005

Overall
Sound: Nice bass, great sound all around... hey that rhymes! Feature: Nice and thin neck for a 6-string, cool colour, pickups, u can't put ur thumb on the pickups Quality: all around awesome Value: great price! Manufacturer Support: how many questions are there? The Wow Factor: I need good "thumb-rester" pickups! Overall: 3 years...

"Excellent Axe" submitted October 21, 2012

By M Fly in Chattanooga, TN
Overall
Musical Background: 35 + years... Bass & Keys... Touring Musician, Studio Musician, Song Writer
Music Style: Funk, jazz, rock
Overall: This really is a pro quality bass, nice play-ability and tone. I'm accustomed to high-end basses like Ken Smith, Fodera, F-Bass and so on... It's amazing how this $700 bass compares to other basses 7 X the cost. Granted, you're not going to get that killer Ken Smith sound, but it's pretty darn close...un-freakin-believable!!! Any player would be happy to have this bass....

"Poor finish quality" submitted April 16, 2014

Overall
Overall: I had one for a couple of days and returned it. I enjoyed playing it, but every time I popped the c string, I ended up with splinters under my nail, and a gouge was forming almost instantly. too bad I thought it was cool otherwise.

"Keeper" submitted March 16, 2006

Musical Background: Hobbyist..
Music Style: Jazz funk R&B Latin
Sound: The sound is very warm. I acutally walked into a local music store to buy a book and ended up sitting there 2 hours playing this bass. I could not leave without it. I currently have a 5 string and not the biggest hands but the thin neck made the transition fairly smooth. Gonna have to practice more but I love the e.q.. Feature: Little tough finding that resting place on the pickups.. Ease of Use: Very easy.. Very slappable as well so funk players should not feel like it would not be a fit because it truly is for them as well..!! Quality: I love the mahogany Overall: Gonna keep this and my 5 string but I think this will be my go-to axe

When you call, mention priority code 173Y-GPBQ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976