When you call, mention priority code 15ZF-9DS1

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez SR505 5-String

The Ibanez SR505 lets you get grooving in style. The Ibanez SR505 features a super-fast SR5 neck and Bartolini MK1 pickups for great playability and sound.

Overall

"If your looking for true sounds, well built, not to heavy and a very affordable Bass, then you came to the right bass, Ibanez SR" submitted March 26, 2008

Overall
Music Style: Gospel, Jass, R&B.
Sound: I just received my SR505 today, and the tone, mids, bass, and 3 ban EQ is just awesome. It's everything that you need in a bass. Ease of Use: It has a very easy axess for the perfect sound. If you know exactly what sound your looking for, you can adjust while playing ! Quality: It is made very well. This is my second Bass, and let me tell you, the action from the neck, just make it so much easier to control and play ! Value: From the sound adjustments, and the playing action, it should be a lot more. Manufacturer Support: No, I just received it and from the specs of the SR505, I believe I won't have to. The Wow Factor: I've had my eyes focus on the Fender active 5 for quite some time now ( 1-1/2 year) and after purchasing the SR505, I must say that it is a very fine piece of craftmanship, and it is hot on the Fenders trail ! Overall: I think that it will be a few years before I decide to buy another bass, unless I get a good deal on a "Lakland", but the SR505 is here to stay. My Schecter Custom 5 will be the first to go.

"don't pay more! at least try this one before you buy!" submitted September 14, 2008

By a customer from bellsouth.net
Musical Background: part time musician
Music Style: new country/southern rock
Sound: i"ve owned this bass for about 3 months now and i have to say it is one of the best sounding basses i've ever played in my 35 years of playing. i would have given it a 10 rating if it weren't for a couple of dead notes.maybe after the elixirs go dead i'll change strings and do a few adjustment and cure the problem.i play through an ampeg svt 3 pro with the 410 he cabinet and a mesa boogie 15 and it rocks! on my other gig i have an ampeg ba115 and i get an awsome tone through that rig too along with my ibanez soundgear 100. i love the bartolinis but the thing i like so much is that it plays like a dream and it is so light. it's also quiet and haven't gone to the studio yet but i'm sure it will put a smile on my face there too. Feature: the 3 band eq is fantastic...i couldn't ask for any better.controls are very quiet..excellent neck. i wasn't sure about the finish on the body at first, but iv'e grown to really like it, but be careful with it because i'm sure it could easily be scratched. battery is easy to change, unlike my g&l 2500 (american made) which i've owned for 10 years now. Ease of Use: no complaints here. manual is pretty basic. easy to get the sound you want. didn't take me long to dial my sound in. was pretty much set up when i bought it. in fact i haven't done anything to it except install some strap locks on it. Quality: i don't believe the quality is as good as my g&l because it is built like a tank but it weighs more too. i don't bother taking my other bass to a gig. i feel confident that the ibanez will not let me down.i guess because i've owned my other bass for so long and no problems at all i feel like this bass will be just as reliable. however, any product put together in indonesia,china or korea has to leave you wondering sometimes if it can actually stand up to a good old fender or gibson. theres just something about this guitar that just "feels" of less quality. but so far it's not let me down. Value: so far i would say this is a very good price for this bass. i've owned a gibson,fender,yamaha,schecter still own my g&l and this one plays and sounds just as good as the higher priced basses. Manufacturer Support: never dealt with them. The Wow Factor: feels great,plays great,sounds great and it's very lightweight Overall: i'm not the person who owns a lot of guitars like some of my friends do. i feel like i will keep this guitar for a long time.the only reason i would get another bass would be if this one were to start giving me major problems or feel like it wouldn't be dependable. i chose this bass because of the reviews that i read ,the weight and the playability of the instrument. i played a lot of basses and this one is only one of few that i really enjoyed playing. some of the higher priced basses didn't even come close to this one.
23 of 24 people (95.83%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Best bass in its price range and beyond!" submitted March 29, 2011

Overall
Music Style: Metal, Jazz, R&B, I play it all.
Sound: This bass is very versatile in the sound department. The bartolini electronics provide deep, dirty growls to clean, smooth tones. I play a little bit of everything and this bass sounds great in any style or environment from jazz to metal. Feature: The SR505 is nicely equipped with everything you need. The controls are great, the improved battery box design and smaller body also are a nice touch compared to the older SR505's. Ease of Use: Easy to set-up. Controls are easy to use and make it fairly effortless to get the sound you're looking for. Quality: Amazing quality for the price range. Fit and finish is great. The instrument was set-up perfect right out of the box. One thing to note is that the body is a natural wood and does have natural "blemishes" or character marks from the wood. This is normal and certainly shouldn't scare anyone away. As far as longevity goes, I can see this instrument lasting a lifetime if taken care of properly. Value: This is quite possibly the best five-string bass under $750. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had to deal with customer service. That gets a 10 in my book. The Wow Factor: Aesthetically pleasing and it just feels great in my hands. Can't complain at all. Overall: It is the best bass in its price range and beyond. If it were lost or stolen, I'd be heartbroken, but wouldn't hesitate purchasing another one.

"Buy one now, don't bother hesitating - it's totally worth it." submitted June 25, 2008

Musical Background: Active Musician/ Recording Engineer
Music Style: Rock, Alternative, Electronic.
Sound: Great Tone, Love the adjustable 3band EQ, found that I actually prefer to to be 75% back and 25% front pickup -- for my playing style it gives a great low hit. Feature: Wish it would of came with at least a Gig bag or something. Also the cord they provide is completely useless because of the recessed jack, might as well not include it :-) Ease of Use: Love the Elixir strings, the guitar came setup almost perfect - needed slight adjustment for the D string but overall great, keeps in tune without much help. Quality: It feels great, the Mahogany keeps the bass light, my old GSR200 was heavier and it had one less string. Value: For the money you pay this both SOUNDS and LOOKS good. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with them. The Wow Factor: It's Damn Sexy, added in a Leather strap that had a similar color and it's sweet. Overall: Overall, I don't think I'll ever bee disappointed

"Absolutely the best 5-string bass below $600" submitted February 16, 2006

By a customer from cableone.net
Musical Background: Active
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Hip-Hop
Sound: Wide range of sounds, awesome pickups deliver lots of range. Mahogany body resonates high notes forever! I keep my lows=50% mids=100% highs=0% on the eq, with both pickups this bass has got some of the cleanest, deepest growl without losing any punch or shape in the higher registers. You can play the highest and lowest notes simultaneously and hear them both equally well and incredibly clear! I've never paid attention to background harmonics but this bass produces loads of them and they sound really cool. Feature: Pretty standard, I like the jack configuration. Battery is easy enough to change. I use the 3-band eq and pickup selectors to produce just about any sound I want. Quality: Ibanez. Enough said. Value: Bought it second hand but is basically new. Got a great deal on it, but worth its weight in gold. Manufacturer Support: No need yet. The Wow Factor: Not a huge natural finish fan, but the mahogany is very appealing. Mine is more of a burgundy color than most pics I've seen which was a bonus to me because I don't think the pics do it justice. Probably would have bought a different color if they made it. Overall: I did alot of searching, just couldn't afford something like the SR-1005, but I played a SR-400 and loved it, but the step up to the 500 models are well worth the cost.

"Tight!" submitted March 7, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: active, in playing, and recording
Music Style: Jazz, Gospel, Classic Rock, Reggae, Funk
Sound: Tight sound esp with a BBE the elixir strings zzounds should sell them also Feature: tone controls are well placed, neck is awesome nice blend of woods Ease of Use: feels great!! not heavy, well balanced, Quality: just one thing, the finish. already the finish coming off below the neck pickup just like on my 506 Value: your're kidding just try one i've got two! Manufacturer Support: check the forum at Ibanez best info avail on products from those who use them have had no need for factory support though. The Wow Factor: nice shape, I look good with it Overall: this is number two I would buy another if lost/stolen

"Best deal around" submitted October 27, 2005

Musical Background: Pro musician & Band teacher
Music Style: Classic rock,Blues,&Country
Sound: This bass can make any sound that you can want. The Batrolini pickups and EQ make this bass great. I love to play on it. Feature: I like the oiled finish. The smoked chrome harware is just fine with me. The only thing I might change if I could is the output jack. The angeled jack is not as solid as I would like. Quality: Simply NO PROBLEM. Value: This is by far the best deal on a 5 string I have see ever. Manufacturer Support: Have not neededany help. The Wow Factor: I don't plan to sleep with it! It's going to be around for a long time. Overall: Love it !!!

"great all around value" submitted December 2, 2008

Music Style: dance, top 40
Sound: This is the best bass i've had for the money. MY mainstay has always been a lakland 5 but ive also played a jazz, thumb, and spector. I love my lakland but at 1800 $ this bass isn't far behind. I play in a top 40 band so we play everything under the sun and this bass does great. The low B string being a little floppy compared to my lakland. Otherwise it's awesome Feature: sharp looking. i was worried about the light weight and it effecting the sustain, so far so good though Ease of Use: PLayed great out of the box. The reason i bought it was to have a good backup and have something to play when i send my bass of to the doctors. I'm in no hurry to get my lakland back. plays great sounds great Value: Best bass for the money i've found Manufacturer Support: Have not used it yet Overall: great bass

"Ibanez SR 505 plenty of bang for your buck." submitted August 9, 2008

Musical Background: Bassist/Producer
Music Style: Jazz,R&B,Hip Hop,Fusion
Sound: I've owned Warwick,Spector,Conklin & other high end basses and this bass kicks butt with the rest for a fraction of the price. The sound is rich,crisp & clean. Great fingerstyle sounds & you can get real funky with it too when slapping it. The harmonics & chords come through clear as well. Feature: The Bartolini pickups & electronics sound great, and are quiet. There are many tonal colors you can dial in with the 3 band eq/blend knobs. Ease of Use: As stated above the Bartolini electronics work well with this bass and they very easy to use. The B string is full & thick. Quality: My bass came setup great, no buzz, or flaws, only thing the cover over the electronics cavity had a bit of a scuff mark. The finish was nice,no loose parts. The bass is well built & should last for a long time & be a valuable asset in my arsenal. Value: I feel its one of the best bass values out there, it looks great, and most importantly plays & sounds great. Manufacturer Support: I've never had to deal with customer service, but I have asked questions for info via email & have always recieved courteous responses. The Wow Factor: I think the color of the bass is simple but effective. I wish it had black hardware but its a sleek, nice looking bass. Overall: I was impressed with the sound,playability & look of this bass. If stolen I would buy another. I was concerned about the string/neck width as I have played basses where the neck was wider but I had no problems.

"SR505... hmm... what can I say..?" submitted November 13, 2005

By -
Musical Background: A regular musician
Music Style: Oh god who knows... Modern rock, metal, nu-metal, alternative...
Sound: The sound of the Ibnaez SR505 is AWESOME! It doesn't sound cheap or messy; evety note you play is pure heaven. I play mainly Muse-type riffs that are fast and go around the neck and there are no bad places on the neck where the sound would suck. Feature: I love the controls! Great variety and flexibility. Quality: Great quality. Before I bought the thing I was told that the quality of Ibanez-instruments isn't that great, but I can honestly say to you that this bass is one of the most reliable things I have had in my life. Value: I myself paid around 590 euros of this and I swear it was worth every cent. I could've paid even more of it. Manufacturer Support: Can't say about this one. I have had the instrument for 5 months and I haven't had to lift a finger for it. But I believe that for this one you get everything you need from your local Ibanez sales man. The Wow Factor: When you see this thing on the window of your Ibanez-store, you want it! The body looks awesome and the dark fingerboard with the great looking inlays... you WANT it! Overall: Overall the SR505 is a GREAT instrument that every 5-string bass player should have. Works well on stage, in studio and when you're just chilling with your band. It makes even the ugly bassists look cool and after the show it will steal your girls. I think I'll keep this for the rest of my life.

When you call, mention priority code 15ZF-9DS1. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976