When you call, mention priority code 16KY-B61R
  • Mon, Tue, Wed 8AM - 10PM (EST)
  • Thur Closed
  • Fri 8AM - 10PM (EST)

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez SR370F Bass

Get the easy playability and exceptional value of an Ibanez SR bass with a comfortable fretless fingerboard.

"Great Fretless. Even better support" submitted January 9, 2013

By David R in Carteret, NJ
Overall
Musical Background: Been Playing for 20+ Years. Recently became "Professionally Certified" by The Berklee College of Music
Music Style: Progressive/Classic Metal& Rock, Blues, Jazz, Fusion and Classic R&B
Sound: From smooth and warm, to growly and nasal. Will sit well in both a Rock or Jazz setting. (Currently using it for Fusion/Progressive Metal) Feature: Love the overall design. But I never was a huge fan of the sound gear line. Wish it had a bigger headstock. The Two Octave fingerboard is Just awesome however..... Ease of Use: This Bass is very inviting. Begs to be played. The Fret Lines Drastically reduce the learning curve. But, take heed, Fretless is still a serious up-taking. Lines or not. Awareness of Hand position is very important. But the lines definitely take out most of the guesswork. Neck is very smooth and sleek. Fingerboard almost perfectly dressed. Had some issues with the Nut however. (See Below) Quality: The neck joint is nice and tight. Knobs were solid. Has Gotoh tuners. Typical Soundgear features. The Brown Burst was Perfect. Very Classy. Although, there were some sanding flaws on the top of the headstock. But this does not affect the way it's played. The nut however, was cut too deep on the D and G Strings and had to return the bass (several times) Before I got one with a decent, playable nut. There were also some flaws in the fingerboard above the twelfth fret that I found very irritating. (another reason the Bass was Exchanged several times) Value: The lower end Ibanezes are made in Indonesia. But are still very solid instruments. I would put this bass up against an American made Fender any day. And for $100 more than a Squier, Your getting good Active Electronics too. Other than The minor issues (which could've been a bad production run) It's still a strong competitor and the best fretless you can buy in this price range "Period!" Manufacturer Support: My Hats off to Both ZZounds And Hoshino U.S.A. (The Parent company of Ibanez) Firstly, I have to say, ZZounds did everything in their power to Give me the best possible solutions to issues I was Having With this instrument. When I finally Got an instrument that was "Playable", I then contacted Hoshino USA and expressed some of my concerns. (For whatever reason, The contact info for Hoshino is on the Ibanez Web site Warranty page, but is in VERY small print) But, when I got in touch with them, They addressed my issues Quickly and thoroughly. (I also had another Ibanez Bass, a BTB 676. See my Review on this site) Their service was exceptional. When I got my instruments back (which was less than two weeks.) They were flawless, and played like you wouldn't believe. Outstanding Job Hoshino. The Wow Factor: For me, It was a Breath of Fresh air to finally be able to get a Lined Fretless With alot of features for a Great Price. Job well Done Ibanez Overall: I've dabbled in fretless a few times in my life, but never could find an instrument that was both Reasonably priced and comfortable to play. This instrument fits the bill quite nicely.

"Finally. My First Fretless after 30 years." submitted February 27, 2013

By Scott Martinez in KANSAS CITY, MO
Musical Background: Playing music since the early 1980's
Music Style: Rock, Alternative Rock
Sound: The sound is great. I was skeptical because my other SR bass has Barteloni's and I was unfamiliar with the new Ibanez brand of pickups, but they are very responsive to tonal adjustments and my playing. Feature: I really like the Truss Rod cover, how it slides to the side. Never seen that before. Genius! :) Ease of Use: There is a bit of a learning curve because this is a fretless and finger position is a bit different, but I'll get there. Quality: Made VERY well. I take care of my instruments, so it will probably outlast me. I have an Ibanez from 1983 that's built like a tank and I still play occasionally. Ibanez rules. Value: Absolutely!! Manufacturer Support: Never had to call Ibanez for anything. The Wow Factor: I think it's visually beautiful. I have been playing Ibanez since the 1980's and Ibanez feels like putting on a broken in pair of jeans to me. Overall: I love this bass. I have long wanted a fretless and this bass is not only gorgeous and feels great to play, but sounds great too!

When you call, mention priority code 16KY-B61R. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976