When you call, mention priority code 16K9-3N90
  • Mon, Tue, Wed 8AM - 10PM (EST)
  • Thur Closed
  • Fri 8AM - 10PM (EST)

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez SR300 Bass Guitar

The Ibanez SR300 is a good bass for a great price. With a thin, super-playable neck and passive humbuckers, the Ibanez SR300 really rocks.

"You've found the bass that you are going to buy." submitted November 20, 2011

Musical Background: Smei-pro musician for the past few years
Music Style: Metal, anything else with a good bassline
Sound: This bass sounds phenomenal. You won't find a better bass in the price range and could even spend more on poorer sounding basses. Between the tone shaping knobs on the bass itself and your amp, you will definitely be able to find your perfect tone. Feature: This bass has everything it needs and nothing more. Everything it has functions perfectly and is incredibly useful. Ease of Use: This bass plays beautifully. The neck is nearly as thin as my Schecter Omen 6. All frets are pretty easily accessible. Beware if you are a sloppier player as this bass can be unforgiving at times. The Active pick-ups make sure everything is heard. Quality: Everything on this bass is solid and well made, my only gripe is that there are a few parts on the neck that feel like they weren't sanded as well as they could have been. Value: Best bass in the price range by a mile. Holds its own with basses twice the price. Manufacturer Support: Have not had to deal with them so I suppose that is good. The Wow Factor: It is an attractive, easy to play bass for a steal of a price. Overall: I would re buy this bass in a heartbeat if anything were to happen to it.

"well designed bass for the intermediate bassist" submitted March 21, 2009

By a customer from student.gla.ac.uk
Overall
Musical Background: Hobbyist, occasionally drafted into service, acoustic/SHM researcher
Music Style: Punk, tradional scottish/Irish. See "cowboy bebop" for more influence
Sound: Punchy and a clean noise, unforgiving if your a lazy bassist though. I play mainly punk with a bit of traditional folk music, on top of some metal here and there. This bass handles all my playing styles with still more flair left over, and I would say this sounds much better than the comparable yamaha RBX374 for more punk or funk playing styles, although I'd still recommend the RBX for metal players for the awesome rumble it throws out. Feature: From owning older ibanez's (GSR200+205, EDB500 for ref) and a yamaha RBX, this bass wins hands down for features. The "style sweeper" works well for me, I change styles frequently and gives the sound I want. The twotier dial for bass/treble boost and cutouts means less fiddling with amps and one hell of a useful tool for modifying your sound. My only gripe is I would prefer to have individual control over the pickups volume rather than a fader. Rosewood neck and 24 frets are good, there is a maple neck varient but I'm not one to judge difference between the two. Ease of Use: The thin, thin neck on this bass makes playing all those bass solos a breeze, from metallica to paul simon and is definatly designed for the frantic bassist. If your into playing the root note of the guitarist and no more, the thin neck might not be your thing and would be a bit of a waste you. The bass is lightweight so wont break your back and the dials are intuitive after a few plays. Quality: The ibanez's I've come across so far tend to have pretty good build quality and are always well set up. Electronics can be a bit on the weak side on some models and may need to be reworked a couple of years down the line. Value: Like all ibanez's, undervalued for the great sound and versatility they give. Come on, do you really think a fender P bass is worth it for the one sound? Image and history counts for nothing to me, its what it does that works for me. Manufacturer Support: I've dealt with Ibanez a few times over the years, quick to send out parts and deal with repairs pretty quickly. The Wow Factor: Smooth looking bass with good ergonomics. But come on ibanez, only 3 pretty bland colours (at time of writing, 09, only white, black or red). I don't want to have tkeep on respraying every bass and guitar I get from them beacause of the poor choice. Overall: Great value bass with a great sound, suitable for gigging and intermediates. I'd suggest people to choose a cheaper bass as a first instrument, from other reviews I've noticed people don't appreaciate this bass to its full extent and that is a shame.
50 of 51 people (98.04%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"ibanez sr 300 what a bass, what a price!" submitted October 23, 2009

By a customer from windstream.net
Music Style: gospil, country
Sound: i recently bought the black iron pewter sr 300. i play gospil and country. the bass gives me all the low, booming sounds i require in my music. it is absoulutly outstanding! i have recieved and still recieving compliments from audiances about its power and tones. i love it! Feature: the thin 24 fret neck is wonderful. and the maple and rosewood combination is very attractive. sweeper very easy to use too. Ease of Use: fret action great. very easy bass to play. lots of tone varietys. body contours comfortable. light weight nice. Quality: the sr 300 i,ve got is very well made. the finish on it is perfect. no factory flaws or tool marks anywhere on it. this bass is quite capable of road travel, gigs, and anything else. this ibanez should last many years if taken care of properly. a beautiful bass. Value: yes it is! Manufacturer Support: none at this time. The Wow Factor: the beautiful head stock, the body shape, multiple wood neck plus some of the other features, makes this a very attractive and serious looking bass. Overall: i,ll keep this bass and give it to my five year old daughter later on. i buy only ibanez basses. i've played many brands of basses. in my mind and experiences;ibanez basses are the smoothest, and easiest to play. i'll match my sr300 with any mid priced bass guitar. i don't care if it has 14 karat strings or what!
13 of 14 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"This is about as good as it gets." submitted December 26, 2008

Overall
Sound: The sound on this is amazing for the price. Its slap/finger EQ knob is really something, I can't get enough of its tone. I didn't see any other bass having that muffled-droned kind of sound. Feature: There's a volume knob, pickup balancer, slap/finger knob (I don't see what slapping or fingerstyle has to do with it, but the sound is great), and a bass and treble EQs stacked on top of each other. This bass has a lot of EQ options, which I really like. You don't even have to touch your amp, and you already have a huge variety of sounds available. Ease of Use: Well, the electronics and knobs are really easy. You'll have them down in a second. For playability, it's really fast. I like all ibanez necks, it's what they're known for. Quality: No complaints. Knobs feel solid, not flimsy. The entire bass feels sturdy, too. Value: I got mine for 290. If mine were to break, I'd just go and by another one. The price makes the bass seem worse than it actually is. Manufacturer Support: Never dealt with them. The Wow Factor: I have the white version. The main reason why I chose this one over Fenders and ESPs is because of its body. It's small, and has a beautiful headstock. Overall: Overall, I'd buy this bass over and over. For those of you shopping for lower-priced basses (100-500), I have just one piece of advice. Don't listen pay too much attention to reviews. Go to some stores, and look at all their basses. One of them will jump out at you - either its looks, playability or sound. That's the one for you. For example, everyone rates ibanez GSR200 (or 300?) as a great bass. For me personally, I didn't like the sound or look. SR300 was the one for me. So you gotta go out and play. Don't buy a bass based on reviews only.
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great bass for a good price that records well." submitted December 24, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: I"ve been playing for 55 yrs. Guitar, piano. Retired from performing.
Music Style: progresiive rock, classical, folk, a little jazz.
Sound: I use this bass mainly for recording. It records very well. I am not a bass player,so I play it like I would a six string guitar. The notes,even in the lowest registers are clear and well defined. The action is low and very comfortable. It has a wide and diverse tonal range.The only thing I can think of that would improve its sound is playing through a quality bass amplifier. Feature: The ability to dial in a wide range of tonal variations is the most useful feature. Ease of Use: It is very easy to produce the sound you are seeking... I play through a Zoom bass multi-effects processor and it interacts well with the selections and presets in the Zoom. No large learning curve. A little experimentation is all it takes. It is actually fun to play this bass. Quality: Ibanez products have excellent quality control behind them. I own three other Ibanez guitars. No disappointments or complaints. Value: It's deal. If it was American made it would demand a higher dollar value. Manufacturer Support: I"ve never had a personal contact with Ibanez. The Wow Factor: It has a nice visual appeal with a large assortment of different colors. Overall: I will use this bass as long as I have fingers. If it was stolen I would replace it with the same model.Gre

"excellent bass" submitted November 15, 2012

By David O in catonsville, MD
Music Style: rock, jazz
Overall: This bass produces very good tone. It lacks a bit on mids, but has a good punchy bottom end. I haven't played a Ibanez in years and I am extremely happy with this bass. It is light and the neck plays well, I am very pleased with this bass.

"best bass for the buck" submitted January 8, 2012

Music Style: United States
Sound: The perfect heavy low-end bass with so much tonal versatility. The tone controls on this bass can cover any bass sound you want, from hard rock to the slappy seinfeld theme sound. Feature: the neck is amazing and the body is beautifully contoured to be nice and slim - not a boat like the fender basses. this thing comes out the box ready to play! Got the candy apple red finish and it looks really sharp with the nickel hardware. Ease of Use: lots of knobs to turn, but they all serve valuable purposes and help you dial in your perfect bass sound Quality: I've yet to be disappointed by an Ibanez. Value: Don't let the price fool you, for $300 you are getting a solid, solid bass guitar that not only looks good, but sounds bigger than the price tag. Overall: Can't get a better base at this price point, and Ibanez makes quality guitars so I recommend checking this one out.

"Ibanez 300 Electric Bass and Case" submitted December 16, 2013

By Nicole D in Kansas City, MO
Overall
Musical Background: Mother of a young musician- Bass, upright bass, guitar and electronic
Music Style: rock, hip-hop, Christian, electron, trapp, acoustic
Overall: I bought it for my son for his 15th Birthday. He LOVES it. It has wonderful sound quality and an "apparent" automatic practice button :)

"A few words from a 13 year old who bought this bass." submitted June 1, 2008

By a customer from aim.com
Musical Background: jammer
Music Style: punk, alternative, some hard rock, christian rock
Sound: The sound on this bass is amazing. The switch between slap+pick to finger lets you play any style of music. The active pickups rock. Feature: As I said, the switch is a huge feature. The other dials change pickups. Ease of Use: May take a bit to get used to the controls, since they change the sound so much. Quality: Doesn't look like this thing is breaking any time soon. Value: It should be way more money than the 299.99 selling price. Manufacturer Support: Only a 1 year warranty on the bass. But setting up the warranty at Ibanez.com is quick and simple. The Wow Factor: If you get the orange color like me, and you are playing in a band with a black guitar, who do you think they'll be looking at? Overall: It will be a long time before I need a new bass. I can do anything with this bass.

"The 2 V's: Versatility and Value" submitted February 21, 2011

By a customer from verizon.net
Music Style: Alternative, rock, funk, electronic/drum & bass
Sound: The sound is incredibly versatile for an entry level instrument, anything from electronica to funk, this thing really performs. I use Ernie Ball Super Slinky strings which give the bass a rather different sound from the stock D'Addarios, and I think actually give me more versatility in the sound Feature: The electronics are fairly simple, and offer multiple layers of manipulation to change the sound. The maple/rosewood neck is slim and very comfortable. The pickups are great and the bridge is solid. Ease of Use: This is ideal, it's slim, balanced, with great highly modifiable sounds, for anyone who's looking for a very good, very inexpensive bass. Quality: Luckily for mine, I rescued it from a music shop who were less than experts. They gave lessons at the shop, so the instructor would use the bass I bought for lessons, when got it, I had to send it in to get the neck realigned, and order a new bass/treble knob, this time from an official Ibanez dealer. I know from playing other new models in the Ibanez dealer, that these issues were more than likely caused by it's use durning the bass lessons at the other shop, as all new Ibanezs I've seen are always in tip top shape. Other than some truss rod adjustments after putting on thicker strings, I have had absolutely no other issues Value: This is extremely good value, it's not a complex instrument to understand and would work perfectly for a beginner with a lot of interests or as a back up to any higher series Ibanez SR, or even as a main instrument as I use mine. Manufacturer Support: I ordered a replacement knob through an Ibanez dealer, and they couldn't be more helpful. The new part shipped quickly and was exactly the right part. The sales techs at the dealer knew thief stuff, and I have been back there multiple times for strings, cables, and even my second bass, an Ibanez aeb. The Wow Factor: I fell in love with my bass as soon as I saw it. mine is Roaster Orange Metallic, which is a really spectacular finish. The hardware is great looking and fingerprints disappear with little effort with a cloth from the entire instrument. The five piece neck give it the look of two rosewood racing stripes, which is cool. I personally prefer the SR shape over other basses, and I like the uniqueness of all the various Ibanez shapes over other basses as well. A lot of people swear on their Fenders and the Richenbachers, but they seem like your paying a lot more for a name and less versatility. The only other brand I might consider would be Music Man, but, it's a similar story with them as well. Overall: I doubt I will really ever get rid of this bass, or any others I may acquire, as I grow rather attached to them, it works perfectly for my hobby playing as well as my for my role in my alternative/rock band. I'm saving up for an sr705, which won't replace my 300 so much as share the workload. When I first went to look at basses, i compared it to a Fender S Squire, and it just didn't sound as good, and playing and hearing other basses they just don't seem to have the versatility and character the sr300, as well as most of the Ibanez basses, have. As for if it were lost or stolen, well I prefer to not think about that, but probably would replace it exactly, if for nothing more than sentimental value, as this was my first bass and the one I taught myself to play on.

"Buy this bass. No question." submitted August 24, 2008

Musical Background: hobbyist/active musician
Music Style: Basically everything but country and rap. (if either even use a bass)
Sound: This bass has amazingly good sound, acoustically and through an amp. It is also very versatile soundwise. Feature: It has all the features it needs, and all f them are great. Ease of Use: It's very easy to use once you memorize what knobs do what. After that, piece of cake. Quality: I've bumped this thing into many a wall and doorway, and I can say without a doubt that it will take a lot to break it. Value: Buy it. You can't find a better one in the price range. I spent all summer researching to find a good one, and I can say without a doubt that this one is the best. Manufacturer Support: I haven't used them, but I'll give them a ten because I love the bass. The Wow Factor: Looks great, sounds great, plays great... What else can I say? Overall: I don't think I'll need a new bass for quite some time. This bass is awesome, and anyone who as enough money should buy it. The colors are great, I got the orange metalic, and the sound is amazing, as I said before, and it's the best bass out there for $300 or less. It will work well for any style of music from blues to metal, and jazz to hyper punk. Buy it. It's amazing. I kid you not, I did not exaggerate at all when I rated this all tens. All I can say is that you should buy this bass without question. You'll be glad you did.

"Perfect bass for someone on a budget" submitted March 14, 2008

Music Style: J-rock
Sound: This is my first bass; I chose this one because I want to 'earn' a more expensive one when I become better at playing. I have no complaints about this bass at all. Mine keeps its tuning well, sounds amazing and has no fret buzz. I love it. Feature: The features are rather standard and nothing really special in my opinion. Ease of Use: Of course this thing is easy to use... it's a bass. Quality: The quality of the instrument is perfect. Value: I'll give the value a 10 because this is probably the best bass you're going to get for this much money. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had to contact them at all. That says something in itself, doesn't it? The Wow Factor: I'm picky about the way basses look. Of course the first thing that caught my eye was the shape of the bass and the colors available. I chose Starlight Blue - it's beautiful and sparkly! Overall: I love it and everything about it.

When you call, mention priority code 16K9-3N90. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976