When you call, mention priority code 1722-JV89

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez SR1205 Bass

EQB-IIISC 3-band EQs, USA Nordstrand Big Single pickups, and Mono-Rail IV bridge combine to give this bass exquisite playability and professional sound.

"Ibanez goes high end!" submitted July 11, 2011

Musical Background: 40 years semi-pro
Music Style: all
Sound: Ok kids, I never give 10s to anything because I always feel they can do better but this one is VERY freakin' close. At just over a grand, this bass has all the details that a boutique number might have, incl. Nordstrand pickups (shut up!!). Using an Ampeg Portaflex PF 500 head with an Avatar 2x10 cab at 4 ohms, and it is loud. My band commented on the richnesss right away. Great J-Bass style tone but fatter. Typical in that with both pickups dimed the sound thins out, but I slant it toward the neck pickup and it cranks. Ready to break out of the 'garage band' bass sounds? Here's your ticket. I'm an MTD lover but this bass has tone for days and is so-o-o easy to play on my middle-aged fingers (yeah I heard Cream on Top 40 radio in high school gym class) that I couldn't resist it. The neck is very even tonewise too, which the MTD Kingstons do not have. And, the EQ is very usable as opposed to being a tone killer. I hate active basses that have 1 usable setting. This one ain't that. I have to take issue with the input jack. Works better on the side like always, Ibanez. And for some reason, my Batt-O-Meter will not work with it. Probly need to look at the manual for that gadget. Great bass, don't buy it. I want mine to be the only one in town. :-) Feature: Nice gig bag included! Great preamp (see above.) Ease of Use: Wow, how simple! Turn it up and leave the tone knobs in detent. Quality: At this price point I am very impressed. Value: Really good value. The Wow Factor: Well yeah - when I saw it I was pretty excited. when I playe done, well...that was the kicker.
36 of 39 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"I have Giged it Extensively" submitted June 30, 2014

By William Craft in Slidell, LA
Musical Background: 32 Years Active and Working
Music Style: Rock Jazz Fusion Metal Contemporary experimental improvisation
Overall: I own it and have used it in many live situations. Small clubs in the French Quarter of New Orleans To the the many outdoor festivals we have here,and all I can say is this bass can Taylor on demand any sound you need or desire. It's loud and punchy but if you want bypass it. I play through a pair of Peavy SP4 cabs with a sp118 sub powered by Crown XTI 6200 on mains and Crown XLI 3500 on Sub. Pre Amp and EQ are my secret though! But AWSOME bass and worth every cent the neck is so thin SLICK and lightning fast. And for once you can really rip the upper frets like its a joke.But Honestly,no matter your style of music it can get the tone you need. And the strings are razor close with no buzz anywhere on the fretboard.Buy it...Only complaint mine came looking a little more "Orange" colored than brown that I expected from the pictures but its not that bad.

"Well worth every penny!" submitted December 14, 2011

Musical Background: I have 10 years of experience in bass and guitar
Music Style: R&B, jazz, gospel, latin
Sound: I am very impressed with the sound of the new SR premium bass. I bought an sr 705 prior to its release this year, and I was curious as to how much of an upgrade i would make if I purchased the premium edition. I recieved it in the mail a couple days ago, and I thinnk the sound is just wonderful. The nordstrand pickups are a big upgrade compared to the bartolini mk-5's. the preamp in this bass is much better than that of the 705. I do not currently own a decent amp, but i can tell that the true tonal character of the bass will shine with a top of the line amp. Feature: The features are impressive ; the passive active switch is a big upgrade as well as the the wenge neck. The wood combinations are truely comparable to that of boutique basses. I have heard people make that comparison and I can say that the sr premium is WORTH the money. Ease of Use: My only issue with Ibanez and thier bass design is that they dont have the right idea when it comes to fretting. the only reason my 705 played as well as it did is because i spend 200 dollars getting the frets leveled. the same goes for the premium, the fretting is a little uneven and will take some work to get that sorted out. the bass is by all means beyond my expectations, so getting it worked on a bit will exponentially increase the value of the bass. Quality: the quality of this bass is hands down. there is no argument there. Like I was saying, the quality of woods in this bass are that of boutique style bass, the only difference is that is hundreds of dollars less expensive than any MTD or Pedulla. Value: worth the value completely. For the higher end players who dont want to spend a fortune, this bass is where its at. Overall: Overall, this bass meets and exeedes my expectations. I would encourage everyone who is super serious about thier tone to get one of these or even the prestige edition basses.
29 of 31 people (93.55%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 1722-JV89. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976