When you call, mention priority code 1ZM-HC3X

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez RGIT27 RG Guitar

You will shred mightily with this 7-string guitar. Featuring a set neck and an ash body with EMG 707 active pickups, it's got plenty of depth and presence.

"Solid Guitar, Literally" submitted March 16, 2015

By Evan S in Fulton, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Guitarist for 8 years. I enjoy playing music with friends and family, and have played in a couple local bands.
Music Style: Metal, jazz, fingerstyle.
Overall: This was my next choice after returning an Iron Label series I had gotten before this. I was worried about this one because the one I had gotten before had poor fretwork and was about the same price. When I opened it, I fell in love with the natural finish (I was torn between blue and natural, but went with natural) and immediately started playing it. The action was very nice out of the box, and the fretwork on this model was very nice. The previous guitar could have just been a lemon, of course.. I experienced fret buzz on this but only because of the neck bowing. I had expected this since it was shipped from Nevada all the way to frigid upstate New York. After this was taken care of I began to really appreciate how comfortable this guitar is. Although it's a natural finish, no gloss, paint, nothing, it's a very consistent and smooth feeling instrument. The neck is "nitro" fast, and very comfortable. For me, at least. The high fret access is as effortless as playing anywhere else on the neck which is killer. The sound this guitar delivers is wonderful as well. I read quite a few people complaining about the soapbar EMG's for this guitar, but I don't see a problem with them at all. They can handle anything I throw at them. Don't knock them until you try them. I like using high gain "djent" tones, to mid gain and clean tones and the pickups do a great job with them all, especially the high gain considering that this is a 25.5" scale guitar. I have tuned it down to drop Ab, and the low notes remain clear and punchy. If you have an issue with low string flub when tuning down, go for maybe a .64 gauge for some nice balanced string tension with .10-.46 for the rest. For the price of this guitar, you get solid craftsmanship with some cool specs (Gotoh locking tuners yee yee). I can't see myself using the kill switch much though. I'll be replacing that with a standard tone knob. I'm very happy with this instrument though. It is not a let down.

"Amazing Guitar!" submitted November 9, 2015

By Scot C in Jacksonville, NC
Musical Background: 25 years - guitar drums bass
Music Style: Rock, metal, country, blues, classical
Overall: I had been wanting an Iron Label 7 string for a while and finally pulled the trigger on the RGIT27. It's a strikingly beautiful instrument that pictures do no justice to. Thick tone with rich harmonics and notes and chords sustain for days. Nice low action and high quality fit and finish. Fantastic guitar! Thanks zZounds!

"A well crafted instrument, but not a substitute for a prestige." submitted August 19, 2015

By a customer from live.com
Musical Background: Guitar player for 6 years
Music Style: youtube.com/sirgroot
Overall: This was my first instrument purchase over $800. I was not in the market for an Ibanez prestige and hoped this would be a viable substitute for one. Well if there's one thing I've learned, there is no substitute for an prestige model. The craftsmanship of those are top notch. This instrument did come in perfect condition and the ebony fretboard is as smooth as can be. The action was a bit uneven. I intended on having the guitar setup regardless, but this was in dire need of one straight out of the box. After a setup and other work, the guitar is a dream come true.

"Ibanez RGIT27FE" submitted August 26, 2014

By Tom F
Overall
Musical Background: I play for fun. I have two RGT 6 strings and two LTD Vs, a 7 and a 6.
Music Style: Metal
Overall: I've been waiting a long time for Ibanez to release a neck thru RG7 with EMGs. This guitar looks, plays, and sounds amazing! All my expectations have been met.

"Made for metal? " submitted February 4, 2015

By Adam F in Tonawanda, NY
Overall
Musical Background: I mostly play progressive metal, but I also dabble in jazz and rock.
Overall: The first thing I'm going to say, (just to get it out of the way) is that I bought this guitar very shortly after its release and I wish I had waited for the natural finish to come out. With that said, mine is blue. First off, the flat finish is very consistent and I have not seen one picture on the Internet that does it justice, it's absolutely beautiful. Being a 7 string player for roughly 4 years, I've played several from Ibanez and owned two Schecter and an ESP, this guitar plays and sounds better than them all. The neck is thin and feels very "out of the way" when you're playing. An added bonus is there's no heel to get in your way when playing the higher frets. Now to get to the good stuff, it's a neck- through Ibanez, it appeals to the hip, modern, bulb worshipping inner hipster in all of us. With that in mind the intonation and resonance of the notes far surpasses any of my other 7strings (or 6 strings for that matter). The 707 Pickups pick up the beefy low B string very well. I've found that every string is articulated very well when playing chords. There is also the lack of a tone knob in play of a killswitch. Ibanez for future reference, ditch the killswitch. Volume and a 3 way lever. I mean, who ever needs so many controls anyway. Ibanez says that this guitar is "made for metal". However I believe that this guitar is the nerd in your office who secretly has a dirty love obsession with Cannibal Corpse and B.B. King. On my simple modeling Peavy amp I was able to dial in a perfect tone for not only modern "djent" but high gain death metal, jazz, rock, and even some funky twangy tones. I'm not sure if that has more to say with (one of my personally favorite pickups) the 707's, or the astounding, almost surprising build quality and playability of this instrument, and I'm definitely not qualified to make that call.

When you call, mention priority code 1ZM-HC3X. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976