When you call, mention priority code 20W-5RLC

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez RG8 Guitar

Reach astonishing lows with the RG8. An impressive five-piece slim neck accommodates eight strings with easy playability and incredible sustain.

"rg8>rga8" submitted March 21, 2013

By Cj C in St Louis, MO
Musical Background: a few mediocre local bands over the last 6 years
Music Style: Progressive Metal, Post-Hardcore, Jazz, Neo-Classical Metal, Ska, d'n'b. I am a guitarist and producer
Sound: The pickups aren't great, but they are still better than the rga8 pickups. You van make by with these, but swapping then would make for an improvement Feature: The flat top makes for some awesome mods. Ease of Use: The neck is as you would expect, thin and flat. Quality: The few that I have played have been great, my only complaint is the pickup routes Value: This is the best started 8 string hands down Manufacturer Support: In the past they have helped a lot The Wow Factor: $400, you can't beat that Overall: I've jammed on plenty of 8 string guitars. From Ibanez, Schecter, Esp ltd, Strictly 7, Carvin, Agile, and Dean. As of late, economy grade and low priced 8 strings have been popping up everywhere, but it seems not many makers get it right. The majority of erg players want the 7 and 8th strings to tune lower, well this requires either heavy gauged strings or a longer scale. Since most players will agree the a longer scale is more sufficient, more builders stick to a 25.5" scales. While this only has a 27" scale, it is a huge improvement over my old ltd with a 25.5". The longer scale helps with clarity and comfortability when tuned as low as I do. The quality of this guitar is actually shocking, it feels par to the rga8 with is a whopping $900! This guitar is worth every penny

"The RG8 brought my passion for playing back." submitted March 8, 2015

By Jeff Clarke in Houston, TX
Overall
Musical Background: I've played guitar for 8 years. Started out with bands but now just play for fun and jam sessions.
Music Style: Jazz, Metal, progressive, hip-hop
Overall: I've owned the ibanez RG8 WNF for a few weeks now and is my first 8 string. I've been playing 6 string for the last 7 years and wanted to try something new. Getting use to the extra strings takes a little time, but once you get a good feel for it, it just feels natural. I own the WNF model, and I love it!!! It looks a lot better then a plain white or black guitar. The thin neck is super comfortable and easy to play. The only thing I'm still trying to get use to is the bridge pick up. It's really hard to get some good tones from the bridge pick up, but the neck pup sounds pretty decent. So I'll most likely will be changing out the bridge pup over time. Overall I'm glad I bought this beautiful guitar instead of the other 8 strings available.

"Zzounds did awesome!" submitted January 17, 2014

By Zeek F in Central Valley, CA
Musical Background: Hobby, Gigs, personal at-home recordings
Music Style: Ambient, Tech, Mellow, Metal
Sound: The sound is rather good for it's price. Although, I'd like to switch to active pickups, due to the 8th string sounding muffled. Feature: Very comfortable neck, bridge is easy to lay hand on Ease of Use: I was used to switching, because I would detune my 7 all the time. Doing so, I believe it rained me to prepare for the tuning. Quality: Surprisingly, with more than $400. Value: I, personally, value this guitar very much so. I intend on customizing it when payments are done. Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: A wow factor for me was that it was on my door 22 hours after ordering. Zzounds have proven to be an awesome company to me so far. Highly recommended this guitar and highly recommend business with Zzounds. Overall: I've wanted an 8 string since I saw one released in 2008. The price of this is incredible compared.

"RG8 Great Value" submitted April 6, 2014

By Evan F in Reno, NV
Overall
Musical Background: 8 years of experience. I play all ranges of guitars. Jam at home and home studio recording.
Music Style: Metal
Overall: The RG8 is the best bang for your buck, eight string wise. This is a 400 US dollar guitar. Nowhere near prestige specifications, but that's not really an issue considering durability. The paint job isn't flawless. But that is never a main concern among common consumers, like me, that can't afford a prestige model. As all Ibanez, the neck is extremely comfortable to maneuver. The pickups actually aren't terrible. I am of the opinion that pickups are of the least concern. Tone is typically dependent on the quality of your rig. I use a Pod HD Pro and I can make this guitar sound great. For 400 bucks, it is an exceptional value. I love it and it is my third Ibanbez guitar. I highly recommend.

"Amazing quality for the price" submitted February 12, 2014

By Wayne C in Culpeper, VA
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing for 34 years, guitar, bass, drums and keyboard. Composer/hobbyist - former professional musician.
Music Style: Rock, blues, metal, jazz and classical. Primarily instrumental stuff and very guitar-oriented.
Overall: This was my first 8 string and I'm very happy I chose the RG8. Good overall build quality, I was amazed to see it had a titanium reinforced truss rod at this price. The neck is the most playable profile of all of the 8 strings I have tried out. The weak spot is the pickups. I believe these are a bass pickup. While they are not terrible I think most purchasers will end up swapping these out to a proper guitar application pickup. I honestly feel that I got a better guitar than I paid for on this one. If you're looking at trying an 8 string this is the best deal out there right now.

"Can't go wrong with ibanez! " submitted July 14, 2016

By Luke H in Benton, KY
Overall
Overall: When I received this, it was not set up at all. Bowed neck, high action, bad intonation, but after a couple of hour of fine tuning it this thing sounds great, plays great and looks great! Obviously because it's a basswood guitar being shipped without a case there was a ding here and there but nothing terrible. A few finish flaws, nut that's all minor cosmetic stuff that I can easily overlook considering the price.

"Amazing!" submitted February 5, 2014

By Blake Sorensen in Union City, MI
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing for 11 years, been a studio musician for 6.
Music Style: Metal, Hard Rock, with the occasional '90's popular music.
Overall: The RG8 should be the standard for all 8 string guitars. It's not just a great guitar for the price, it's a fantastic guitar on it's own merit. The build quality is great. I have the white one, and it's a nicely applied shade. Very vibrant and solid as well. The neck is very comfortable, and sturdy.. The pickups are pretty good, and with tweaking your settings, it's easy to find a good tone. The clean sound you get from these pickups is very impressive. The bridge is comfortable and does a good job of keeping notes sustained. It's just an all around great guitar that can be used for any style of music. It's got a great growl on the low end for the really heavy tones, and the lead tone is very full sounding. It's very balanced. I put a Seymour Duncan Nazgul in the bridge, and the tone is phenomenal. It stays in tune very well, and holds the low notes (I tuned the F to a low E) and it's nice and clear sounding. This guitar is the way to go, and like I said, it should be the standard for 8 string guitars.

"A lot of guitar for the money" submitted February 23, 2015

By Zack N
Musical Background: Guitar, bass, drums, 10+ years
Music Style: Jazz, metal, electronic
Overall: I've played a few of the entry level 8 strings from different manufacturers, and I definitely think the Ibanez RG8 takes it on simplicity and playability. Definitely not the quality of a >$1000 guitar, but you get what you pay for of course. Worth mentioning that the factory setup was not very good, intonation was terrible. Also changing to a 0.080 gauge string on the low end forced me to have to cut the saddle screw to be able to back the saddle up enough to get the intonation right. All in all a great deal.

"Thall power " submitted September 21, 2014

By Eric D
Musical Background: local bands
Music Style: Extreme metal, thall, djent, jazz
Overall: Great guitar for the money. Its setup to be easily modded, as the bridge is cheap, and so is the other hardware and electronics. I found taking out the tone pot opens up the sound a bit. I will be getting an EMG 808x bridge pickup soon. I love this guitar and recommend it to anyone looking to go low.

"Ibanez RG8 *White*" submitted November 18, 2013

By Thomas Kunstler in East Norwich, NY
Overall
Musical Background: 15+ years as a guitarist but also dabble with drums and bass guitar and keyboard/piano
Music Style: Some hip-hop, Rock, Hard Rock, Alternative Rock, Grunge Rock, Classic Rock, Southern Rock, Progressive Rock, Progressive Metal,
Overall: I was blown away by the comfortability and playability of this bad boy.... Ibanez did a really good job on this one for the price! The neck feels great and is never confusing with all 8 of those strings, unlike my other more expensive 8 string, which I even sold after I started playing this awesome beast due to the fact that I love the Ibanez RG8 so much more!

"AWESOME!" submitted November 27, 2012

By John Halstead in Stanley, NY
Overall
Sound: However i would recommend switching the pickups. with EMG 808 or 808x Overall: This is an AWESOME guitar! Nice thin neck, and easy to play! AWESOME PRODUCT! Thanks zZounds!

When you call, mention priority code 20W-5RLC. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976