When you call, mention priority code 20C-88JY

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez RG7421PB

Delve into the depths of 7-string sound without fear -- the Ibanez RG7421PB's Quantum 7 pickups keep your heinous chugging rhythms articulate.

"Love this guitar!! but a little mad..." submitted November 11, 2014

By Brandon Linderman in Pittsburgh, PA
Overall
Musical Background: I am a professional musician whos been playing guitar for 14 years. I play 6 and 7 string electric and a little acoustic
Music Style: metal, nu metal, hardcore, punk, hip hop
Overall: Got this guy in the mail, first thing I did was tune in to A and went to town. I absolutely love how thin the neck is, the quantum pickups sound GREAT and the playability and sustain are mind blowing. Now, my only issue is this. I was playing it about a week after i got it and in the middle of practicing the sound just cut out. I run A LOT of pedals so after checking all my connections I realize its the guitar. So I open the backplate and it literally looked like someone just took a hot soldering iron and shoved it in the cavity and half melted all the wires. The problem was the ground completely came off due to poor soldering. I fixed and shrink wrapped all the problem areas but, if I spend this much on an instrument I don't think I should have to. debated sending it back for a new on but I like it way too much!

"Great design. Slightly flawed QA." submitted March 9, 2015

By James G in Pensacola, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Closet metal head.
Music Style: Classic Rock, Retro metal, Thrash, Prog etc...
Overall: The famous RG shape, features and thin, fast neck are all here. But my guitar was made from wood that hadn't been seasoned quite well enough, and at some point on the 4000 mile trek from Indonesia to my house the neck shrank. So on arrival it had a hideous negative bow and exposed, jagged fret ends. After adjusting the truss rod and letting it set for twelve hours, repeated several times to get it right and then setting up the action the way it would have been on a Prestige line instrument before shipping the string height and relief is good. The fret ends had to be filed and polished one at a time. I considered returning it, but for the price this is a great guitar feature wise. With those minor annoyances aside I love this beast. The pickups are hotter than I expected from stock and I am now stuck with the Seymour Duncan Nazgul/Sentinet 7 set I ordered before hearing the factory pups. I may replace them anyway but I am honestly pleased with the tone the Ibanez pups put out. I read about some folks having issues with the electronics. Mine were very clean and well soldered and shielded. I can hold this thing right up next my PC and get virtually no electronic noise. Love that low B string's powerful drone. Now I understand why so many of my favorite artists beat that thing to death!

"Ibanez RG7421PB" submitted January 3, 2015

By Todd B in Charlotte, NC
Musical Background: hobbyist-playing 25 yrs
Music Style: metal, metal, metal and more metal
Overall: Nice guitar for the money. Famous Ibanez wizard neck-still my favorite profile to play. Hot pickups but surprisingly versatile. Nice finish-few flaws but very small. For a 500 dollar guitar the workmanship is very good. Stays in tune well. Has quite a bit of ground noise - will need a pot upgrade and pickups down the road as well. For the price a hot looking and playing guitar.

"Just wow" submitted January 31, 2016

By Donnie Shores in Chester, MD
Musical Background: Guitar player/vocalist
Music Style: Progressive/Djent/Blues
Overall: I am an Ibanez guitar player for the past 18 years. I bought this guitar because of its looks mostly. When it arrived I was very impressed. When I tuned it up and plugged it in I was blown away. I fully planned on doing a pickup swap, but after hearing the sonic range of the quantum pickups I realized that would be a waste of money. These things sound amazing. I also have an Rg8 with NaZgul/Sentients and this thing rivals that. The action is low. The neck feels and plays like a 6 string. The neck is super comfy. It looks fabulous front to back. Absolutely worth the price. I would have paid twice as much for a guitar of this quality. Perfect addition to my arsenal.

"Horrible job" submitted August 24, 2016

By Ryan Hoffman in Elkton, MD
Musical Background: 10 years, guitar, drums, touring musician
Music Style: Deathcore
Overall: I bought this guitar from zZounds. ive owned it for almost a year now. theres bubbles of air that formed under the paint job that are chipping away. my guitar has unfinished wood spots all over. the fret ends are very sharp out of the box. the low A string does NOT stay in tune. it will touch a and either move slightly higher or lower but it will not stay on A like all the other strings stay on their respective letters. good luck trying to get ahold of ibanez. emailed them a few months after and still havent heard back from them. theyll most likely wait til my warrenty is over than theyll email me. the pickups are hot. for a sevenstring, it works out well. however the pots are so darn noisy. this is literally the worst experiance ive ever had with a guitar. enough to make me leave a review. i never waste my time with these. do yourself a favor. dont risk buying this guitar and putting up with the same crap im dealing with. use zzounds pay as you play plan and get a better guitar. trust me. itll be worth it in the long run for you. dont fall victim.

When you call, mention priority code 20C-88JY. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976