When you call, mention priority code 175B-MLZ1

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez RG7321 7-String

The Ibanez RG7321 offers serious 7-string attitude. With a Wizard II-7 neck and a pair of humbucking pickups, the Ibanez RG7321 is ready to shred.

Overall

"Just Change Out the pickups and you'll have yourself a Pro 7 string." submitted January 11, 2010

Musical Background: Active Musician, Band, recording
Music Style: Death metal, heavy Metal,
Sound: Change out the pickups of this beast into something you like and it will sound like a 3x more expensive guitar... the basswood has a fine tone to it,, nothing to complian about for 400 dollers. the stock pickups in it sound like crap tho. exchange them with some EMG's or dimarzio' or so and it will be your best 7 string pup,, I have 3 of these Rg's 1 with de-activators set (dimarzio) 1 custom with Emg's and another with a tone zone and airnorton. i love this model . i have a xiphos 7 and a 7 prestige Rg and this one sounds up to par on both of those. Feature: it just came in the ibanez factory box , brand new with like a cord and manual and basic stuff.. Ease of Use: its a guitar... play it Quality: Its a ibanez indonisia or korea made.. but its perfectly fine and dandy.. Value: its a good solid axe , best 7 string you can get for 400 $ just invest 140$ more into for bridge pickup and Neck and it will sound like a 1000 doller guitar. Manufacturer Support: havnt had any problems with it at all. if so i can fix it at a guitar shop. The Wow Factor: its a bread and butter 7 string . Overall: it would be a 10 if the pickups where nicer.. the only thing bad about ibanez guitars is the stock pickups.. once you change them out you will have a awesome axe.. i put de-activator dimarzio's in mine. and it sounds like a beast

"Great 7 String for your buck!" submitted October 14, 2012

By Steven F in Burlington, KY
Overall
Musical Background: Gigging musician in a death metal band for the past 2 years.
Music Style: Thrash metal, death metal, power metal
Sound: The pickups are the only major downside of the guitar. They are rather muddy and noisy. Even plugged into a Boss NS-2, I can't cut all the noise out. They sound pretty crunchy and are great for high gain music, but I would suggest swapping them out for more articulate pickups. SD 7 string Blackouts or EMG 81-7s are good alternatives. They sound great for metal, just a tad noisy. Feature: The five way pickup selector is useful. I like the flat neck, but wish it was a little more rounded. One volume and one tone knob are convenient for a metal set-up. The rosewood fretboard has 24 frets, a definite plus (I don't understand why other companies only bother with 22 frets). The guitar also came with a 1/4'' cable, but it's a cheap cable. You'd be better off buying a brand name cable. There is no gig bag with this guitar, but that would have been nice. There is no way to adjust the pickup height or bridge height. Then again, it's not an issue for most players. The tuners do go out of tune faster than I'd like. Ease of Use: The neck is pretty flat. It's very good for shredding and high bends. The neck is also unpainted! Getting used to a seven string was fairly simple. The bolt on neck is VERY slim. It is the most slim bolt on joint I have ever played. Access to the truss rod (probably not needed the instant you get the guitar) is really easy. The cover has a latch that swings open so you don't have to unscrew the entire cover off. Quality: This is a solid guitar. Nothing is loose and the guitar was set up darn near perfect out of the box. All I had to do was bring up the tuning a bit to standard. The frets are leveled, the neck is straight, and the action is low. What more could you need? Value: For $500, you can't beat this seven string. But for a couple hundred more, you could probably get a better sounding one with a neck-thru design. If you are new to seven strings, this is the one to get. If you don't like it, you can sell it for a decent price, but you like it, you didn't have to spend much to get it! Manufacturer Support: I have not dealt with Ibanez so far. Of course there is no need to, the guitar is a well crafted instrument. The Wow Factor: It's your generic strat shape, so not really much of a "wow!" in my book (coming from a huge flying V fanatic). The dot inlays are generic too. The price is what said "WOW!" to me. Overall: If you are looking for your first seven string guitar, this is the one to get!

"Incredible Value for the price!!" submitted January 19, 2009

By a customer from Hotmail.com
Music Style: Metal
Sound: I love how the Axis 7 pickups respond to harmonics as well as highs and lows. The only small issue is that the bridge pickup tends to sound *muddy* as some would call it. For passive pickups i must confess that i have little feedback but hard to notice to most people. Feature: 5-Way switch between the humbuckers are nice. The fixed bridge is pretty nice i just wish the could come up with a solution to the saddle bridge screws. When palm muting by the bridge they tend to dig into your hand but are easy to get used to. Ease of Use: The Wizard II neck from the 7321 has got me hooked on these necks. It is incredibly comfortable to play and the fact that the back of the neck is not painted makes moving fast up and down the fretboard even easier. The jumbo frets are awesome as well. I did have to adjust the action as it was a little high but the saddle screws are simple to adjust. Quality: Since day one of me having this guitar the quality is very good. It is still in like-new condition after me playing it vigorously for around a year. The input jack location makes it prone to loosening the nut that holds the jack in tight. So i would suggest checking it often. Value: For under $500 this is probably the best seven string i have ever played!! Manufacturer Support: I haven't had the need to contact Ibanez yet because i have been trouble free. The Wow Factor: This guitar doesn't really have an appeal because it is generic looking but it performs amazingly for the price. Overall: I have been playing it for a year and will be for years to come.
14 of 15 people (93.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Ibanez RG7321=AMAZING guitar" submitted January 17, 2011

By a customer from k12.sd.us
Music Style: Deathcore, Metalcore
Sound: It sounds absolutly amazing in every aspect listed here. It arrived in perfect condition, and it Feature: no. just the guitar and an Ibanez brand amp cord. i dont need any other accessories. Ease of Use: very easy to play, very intuitive. Very easy to modify the guitar to fit my personal taste. easy to use with any amp. as an instrument, it is very playable. Quality: Very well made guitar. there is absolutly nothing wrong with it, i find it in such great condition, i feel that i went to the factory, picked it up and took it home. thats how good the condition is. i believe that this guitar will last a good 15-20 years. Value: The price on Ibanez's website says it sells for $550, but it was compared to another websites price, and they sold it to me for $365, which is about 40% off. Amazing deal for such a high quality guitar. Manufacturer Support: Yes, the people at Ibanez are great. The support was great here. I will recommend this site to any of my friends looking for instruments and such. The Wow Factor: practical addition. Overall: i feel that i will not get bored with this guitar. the day it gets worn out, i will order another one of the exact same kind. if it were stolen, i would buy another of the same kind as well. i like everything about it, i cant think of anything i dislike about it...

"Great value for such a great guitar" submitted June 3, 2007

Music Style: Rock, Metal, Punk
Sound: The stock pickups are actually really nice. I experienced minor fret buzzing when i first got it because the action is so low, but after about a week i didn't notice a thing. Feature: no trem. if you want one its a lot more expensive. I don't mind cuz i don't really use them that much. I love the low action and the five way pickup selector. Ease of Use: pickups are nice and sensitive. easy to get great sound form the guitar. Switching out pickups for some dimarzios or something is very easy. It was very easy to switch from 6 string to 7 string. Very playable for beginners as well. Quality: Very sturdy. I've banged this thing against walls, desks, floors...everything. I don't even have a scratch on it yet. very nice feel to it. Stays in tune really well also. If you are lookin to travel with it, there is no worries. Value: Hands down the best value for a 7 sting out there. If you really want a trem I guess you'll have to spend the other 500 bucks, but i would suggest this guitar. Manufacturer Support: I've never had to contact anybody, so i don't know. I guess thats a good thing. The Wow Factor: Very sleek and the all black is sweet. Nice long neck as well. Chicks will be all over it. Overall: I'm guessing that I'll have this guitar for another 10-15 years. This thing is built like a rock. Great value for a name brand, high quality guitar. I will never switch back to a 6 string ever again.

"Awesome!" submitted June 1, 2011

Overall
Music Style: metal. classical. acoustic.
Sound: The stock pickups are amazing for the price. I havnt had any problems with muddied tone. Also, they are very hot! All around the sound is just awesome. Feature: Not alot for features, but there stuff like the new style truss rod cover which makes it so much easier for neck adjustments. Ease of Use: You don't get easier then plug and play. Quality: I haven't had any problems with the quality of this guitar it's expertly made andahould last a lifetime. Value: An amazing guitar for the price. Best 7 string in its price range. Manufacturer Support: Havnt had to get any support and I don't think ill need to either. The Wow Factor: The guitar is straight up beautiful. The black paint glows under the lights. Overall: Amazing guitar, amazing price, amazing brand!

"More bang for your buck." submitted May 24, 2006

Musical Background: Active Musician for 10 years
Music Style: Melodic Death Metal, Progressive Metal, Power Metal, Thrash Metal
Sound: For stock pickups, I wouldn't complain too much, however replacing them with a Seymour Duncan Custom in the neck and Duncan Jazz in the bridge is definitely the way to go. The tone switch definitely works a lot better than on rival models in the ESP LTD category. Feature: This is a pretty basic model, however, what's there is solid. For the price of this instrument you get more in quality than you do in options. Ibanez should consider offering a model like this with a Floyd Rose style set up. Ease of Use: Simplicity is sometimes the best route to take. There's not a lot to screw up, it's very user friendly. Plug and play would be a good term. Quality: It takes a beating and keeps on playing like butter. Built like a rock and doesn't lose tone. Value: There's always more that one could add, unfortunately, the company would more than likely lose money if everything was added in that I would like. It's an extremely good value, especially if you can talk down the retailer. The price it's set at is about perfect. It keeps some money in your pocket for upgrades and still gives you the luxury of a 7 string. The Wow Factor: Ibanez doesn't offer a whole lot in terms of design ideas. It's more of a tried and true approach. For a standard guitar body and look the layout is better than most. However, binding on the body would rival looks of some of the competition in the same category. Overall: This is a wonderful product, very worth the price, in fact, it may be considered a steal. I would recommend this product to anyone looking to expand their horizons, or even to just experiment. I do feel 7 strings are a product meant for people who intend to use the instrument to its full ability, (why Korn has a signature series 7 string is beyond me) most people can get away with just down-tuning a 6 string.

"this is the best guitar you can get for the price!" submitted November 4, 2006

Overall
Sound: this guitar has a great sound for it being stalk pickups. i have had it for a couple of months and have not switched the pickups yet. i am going to get an emg 81 put in it to see what other sounds i can get though. Feature: it has everything you could want. when i got it, it came with all of the renches and everything.it has a 5 way pickup selecter. so you can get a good veriety of sound out of it. the only thing i wish it had was a floyde rose. it stays in tune pretty good, but i am getting new tuning pegs so it doesnt come out of tune it at a show or practice. Ease of Use: it is very easy to use. the neck has great action. i didnt have to change my amp settings or anything. when i got it, it sounded just how i wanted it to sound.when i took it out of the box, it felt like a 900$ guitar i have played if not better. Quality: this guitar is made great. i have to trans port it a lot and it has had nothing happen to it yet. it is road ready when you get it. Value: it is well worth the price. i just wish they had a cheaper ibenaz with a floyde rose. Manufacturer Support: the support was alright. it took 2 and a half months for me to get it. other than that, i have not had any problems with it. The Wow Factor: it looks awsome. with horns of the guitar it makes it perfect to play it on stage. Overall: i think this guitar will last for years to come and i will probably buy the exact guitar when and if this guitar ever wears out.

"I don't own one, BUT WANT ONE!!" submitted January 16, 2011

Music Style: Thrash metal, death metal
Sound: For being stock PUs, these are really nice. I don't see why anyone would swap them out. They're comparable to Seymour Duncan SH4s if that helps at all. Even without a noise gate, they're really quiet and quite high gain. Very metal. I didn't try out the guitar on a clean setting. Feature: I'd give this a full 10 if it had Ibanez's sharktooth inlays (dots are boring) and had neck through construction. I generally hate bolt on strats (the bolts and plate combined with the strat's horn shape get in the way), but this has a very easy to reach 24 fret fretboard. Ease of Use: For being a 7 string, the neck is quite thin. I would have expected an enoumous neck like on a *ahem* Schecter. It's fast and the 22-24 frets are very easy to reach. Quality: I didn't buy the guitar, so I can't really say anything about the long-term quality. When I tried it at a local guitar store, everything was set up correctly(ie low action, no fret buzz, rock solid tuning stability). I will buy this guitar sometime in the future. Value: Under $500, 24 frets, comfortable 7 string neck! It's pretty had to beat. I have yet to find a better value from any other 7 string. Manufacturer Support: I've never had a problem with any Ibanez products before. As for dealers though, I'd buy anything from Zzounds. They've never treated me wrong and always are knowledgeable about their products and services unlike other places. The Wow Factor: If you're looking for a great 7 string, but don't want to break the bank. This is a fantastic deal. Personally, I'm not much of a strat shape fan, but like most of us, I can't afford a custom shop Jackson Rhoads flying V 7 string. Overall: The only major cons I have are the boring dot inlays and mundane strat shape. Otherwise, this is a great guitar! 24 rosewood frets with high gain PUs and comfortable neck. If I had the cash, I'd buy it.

"Aghora cynic and tech metal/jazz....oh yeah it shreds" submitted January 22, 2007

Musical Background: 8 years of tech metal
Music Style: tech metal forever
Sound: this is a great guitar for the price.....I play jazz/metal a la cynic and canvas solaris and can get some crushing tones from it...i would recomend new pickups but the stocks aren't bad. good sustain and it sings man. Feature: The nut is kinda cheap, no trem but if you wanted that get a diffrent version...be nice if ibanez put a coil tap on the the front pickup for some in and out of phase switching, it has four leads out of it, but i mean it sounds good no complaints you could do the work yourself in about 20 min. Ease of Use: You might want to try and get the action closer but it came set up fantastic the fret board playes nice...i normally don't like the skinny necks but I have to say it's nice Quality: man I've dropped it and stayed in tune i treat this thing as good as i can but sometimes it can get a bang against an amp or cymbal and its solid no problems this thing is fun to play no worries of a smashed floyd arm or breaking pins that hold the trem...just strings and guitar...like i said a solid guitar Value: if it got lost or stolen I'd but it again if the price was right...also ive bought other rg modles that were 6 stringed, Ibanez makes good solid guitars for cheap..thier high end guitars aren't far from their more modest priced ones Manufacturer Support: i dunno never had to use it The Wow Factor: Its not a looker but i mean so what it sounds @!*## rocking Overall: overall i paid 100 bucks for it and its great...i wouldn't pay more that 350 and if was lost or stolen i'd maybe buy another but only if I couldn't find a higher end 7 string basiclly if you don't want to spend more than 1000 dollars get this it can hang with other 7 strings that are 2 and 3 times more exspensive....just don't be scared to put some new pickups in it at least the bridge

"RG = Really Good!" submitted March 23, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: Band member, hobbyist, guitarist for the last 11 years.
Music Style: Metal, hard rock, ambient
Sound: This thing sounded amazing right out of the box, with some tuning adjustments. I use this guitar in the bedroom, the jam room, and onstage with my band, and it sounds amazing in all 3 places. Another thing that amazed me about this guitar's sound was the versatility. Before I got this thing, I was strictly a bridge pickup guy, because everything else sounded too muddy, but with the 5-way switching, you can get a myriad of sounds from this guitar. If you could get past the looks, this guitar could fit just as easily into a c&w group as it could a metal band. Feature: I wouldn't call this guitar a full-featured guitar, at least in the sense that it doesn't have many bells and whistles, but what it does have is amazing, which is why I'm giving it a 10. A big plus is the 5-way switching, which makes this guitar the most versatile guitar I've ever owned. The Wizard-II neck is also amazing...I didn't know what I was missing until I played on this thing, and now almost any other 7-string neck I try to play on feels like a baseball bat. Ease of Use: Because of the lack of bells and whistles on this guitar, it's pretty easy to use...even a beginner would have a pretty easy time with this guitar, other than the fact that it's a 7-string. It plays pretty well right out of the box, but once I had a good setup done on it, it was amazing...well, it was already, but you get the idea. Quality: I've read some complaints from a few people about this guitar being made in Indonesia, but I don't know what all the fuss is about...this guitar is built like a tank, and it would hold up well on the road, as long as you took care of it as you would any other guitar. The guitarist of (hed) P.E. has used this model of guitar on tour since 2005, so there ya go. Value: This guitar is definitely worth what I paid for it, and I'm thinking about getting another one, since my band plays in some different tunings. If you need a 7-string for practically any use (main guitar, first guitar, backup, whatever), then this guitar would be a good choice. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had to deal with support at all, this guitar works just fine so far. The Wow Factor: This guitar is beautiful...pictures don't do it justice! And if you don't like the way it looks, you can always customize it...I think this guitar was pretty much made to be customized, so what are you waiting for? If you don't like how it looks, let that inner Picasso out and paint it up the way you want it to look! Overall: This guitar is not only amazing, it made me an Ibanez user for life, or at least the forseeable future...I'd have to play a pretty amazing brand of guitar to top Ibanez. I'm looking to get an ART100 to cover my 6-string needs, and another RG7321 to cover different tunings. I've played 7-string for 6 years, and this is the best one I've ever owned.

"simply the best, thank you Ibanez." submitted May 17, 2008

Overall
Music Style: Black, Death, Thrash, Progressive, Djent, etc.
Sound: this guitar sounds amazing, it allows me to achieve all those sounds i've been chasing for a long time. it allows me to go lower but still retain clarity. i gave it a 9 because the pickups it comes with are a little muddy for me, but other than that, it sounds great. no hum or hiss, its very quiet when not played. Feature: this guitar is pretty plain, fixed bridge with a 5-way toggle switch, and a volume and tone knob. it's all in black, which i dont mind. i'm a simple person when it comes to guitars. i'm kind of happy with the fixed bridge because i'm all over in tunings and it gives me more space to stretch out. Ease of Use: the neck is so fast and my fingers just glide over the fretboard. Quality: i bought this guitar and it was perfect, i had to adjust the action a tad and change the strings, but this thing plays like a dream. the quality of this guitar is just amazing. for such a cheap seven string i've realized that i'm never going back to six. Value: this is worth every single penny. it's simply the best for the price. Manufacturer Support: haven't had the need, don't think i ever will. The Wow Factor: when i first picked this up and played it, it felt to me that i've been playing it for years it felt so natural to me and i knew it had to come home. Overall: i know i'll have this guitar for a long time. the only thing i'll need to do to it is change the pickups and put on thicker strings and thats it. i am in love with this guitar. if you're ever in doubt, don't be. buy this guitar!

"Good for a 7 string intoduction." submitted November 29, 2007

Overall
Musical Background: I play music by myself and I want to start a band.
Music Style: Nu-Metal.
Sound: It sounds really good. Stock pickups aren't too bad. A great guitar to use as an introduction to the 7-string family. Different pick up switch settings but I think the bridge position sounds best. Feature: A great guitar to use as an introduction to the 7-string family. 5-way pick up switch. Tone and volume knobs. Fixed bridge. No trem. Ease of Use: The neck is pretty fast. String spacing is nice. Quality: When this guitar is set up right, it is a pretty good guitar and can compete with guitars of a much higher price. My issue with it is fret buzz. Each time I have taken it in to be set up, it only takes a couple of weeks or so to get fret buzz or 'dead' notes. Value: Decent guitar for teh price. I wouldn't get it if you want low action and no fret buzz. Manufacturer Support: I have taken this guitar to an Ibanez approved lutherie place and I got it back the same day! The Wow Factor: It's got a sleak black finish and it's a guitar with a long neck. 'Sexy.' Overall: I bought this guitar in a Labor day sale (2007). I am considering trading it or selling it already. I just hate dead notes and fret buzz.

"RG7321 Buy This Guitar!!!!!" submitted October 18, 2006

Musical Background: Active Musican
Music Style: neo classical, shred
Sound: The stock pickups are powerful but very muddy. No matter it will get a set of Dimarzio's soon. I never leave the stock pickups in my guitars anyway!!! Feature: I love the 5 way selector switch with the split, paralell option somthing I normally do with my guitars right out of the box anyhow. With this guitar it's already done for me. As far as the bridge goes a lot of people complain about the fact that it has a hard tail, but it says in the ad that it has a fixed bridge. Which is what I like anyway. The Edge Pro III trem or any double locking trem is just a pain in the butt and most people that have them don't know how to use them or do and don't like using them. I like the extra tone and sustain you get from a hardtail. Ease of Use: This guitar could not be any easier to use!!!!! It came out of the box pretty much ready to play!! A small truss rod tweak, a light set up to set the action to my standards and a string change is all it took!! Just 45 minutes to some shreding paradise!! Quality: You will not find a better quality guitar for this kind of price. I've been playing for 17 tears and I've owned a lot of different guitars. Trust me you will not be let down!!!!!!!!!!! Value: $600.00 Overall: Overall this guitar is awsome. The neck is thin, fast and well balanced!! It comes with some cool features eventhough it's just a basic model, and it can easily fit in anyones budget!!! Thanks Ibanez

"Ibanez's seven string shredding machine." submitted February 11, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: hobbyist/active musician/garage band member
Music Style: Fantasy metal, heavy metal
Sound: I'm kind of a newbie when it comes to guitar hardware so I really can only say that it sounds cool. I'm running it on a peavey Rage 108 amp and it totally sings. The sound is awesome. The pickup selector is nice, but I usually never change it up at all. I like heavy distortion. I wanted to get this most of all because it's a 7 string, which is cool, and I wanted to sound like my favorite band, DragonForce. Well, It shocks me to play along to their cd's, cause it sounds just like their guitars. So that was a bonus for me. Feature: I got it used from a music store, so I only got a gig bag with it. Ease of Use: Totally plug and play, but of course you need to take time to find your own settings. Quality: Completely solid guitar. The best I've played so far in about 5-6 years of playing. The only thing is there's some fret buzz, but that can be fixed. Value: Ibanez is insane to sell this masterpiece at such a low price. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had to do anything to it yet. The Wow Factor: The black is siiiiiiiiiiick. Overall: Aside from the little bit of fret buzz, this baby is perfect and I hope I have it for many years.

"Could be better." submitted August 13, 2008

Overall
Sound: The sound is pretty good but I need something with a tremolo and string locks because when i tuned it to ADGCFAD it started going out of tune all the time. Feature: Tone knob and volume know great. 5 way toggle switch cool. This guitar is really great the only thing is that string locks and a locking trem would make it a perfect ten. Quality: Its great for someone starting up with sevenstrings. Overall: its alright not the best though.

"SUPER AWESOME TUBULAR FANTASTICALLY DELICIOUS AXE!!!!" submitted May 3, 2008

Music Style: Metal, Heavy Metal
Sound: Awesome sound... goes SUPER low just the way i like it. Feature: It has the basic features that you would ever need in a guitar Ease of Use: Great easy sound.... pinch harmonics are great, natural harmonics are amazing and its overall awesome!!!! Quality: Absolutley fantastic, I bought this at a competitor site, but when it came, it was ready to play out of the box. The tone is perfect, just adjust it to sound the way u want with the amp and ur set! Value: I dont believe that Ibanez sold this baby for so low... its amazing. If ur getting ur first seven string, then get this one! Manufacturer Support: never had to use it yet... but hell, its an Ibanez... the support is gonna be great The Wow Factor: ITS SEXY! Overall: Overall its a great axe.... u can leave it at the low B string or u can tune everything down one step like i do for what i think is the best sound(ADGCFAD)
14 of 15 people (93.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 175B-MLZ1. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976