When you call, mention priority code 208-27RZ

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez RG655 Prestige

With DiMarzio Air Norton/True Velvet/Tone Zone pickups and a rock-solid 5-piece maple/walnut Super Wizard neck, the RG655 Prestige is one impressive Ibanez.

"Best Guitar I've Ever Played (Played Them All!)" submitted September 14, 2015

By James T in Palm Desert, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Bands, recording, and live music. Large musical background.
Music Style: Rock, metal, blues,classical.
Overall: What do we expect in a high-end guitar? I think we all have high expectations for expensive and quality guitars that give us the hope to play easier and to sound better. I have owned Gibsons costing more than cars. In fact I sold an incredible Gibson (amazing guitar) and bought a fine Cadillac with the money! I've also enjoyed the company of the finest Paul Reed Smith line of guitars and all (most) of the the respected guitar companies. I can tell you I had HIGH expectations for this guitar, gladly I was not disappointed. I can say honestly as someone who has played guitar since the age of around 5 years this is the easiest and honestly (seriously) the best guitar I've ever played. I became instantly a better player as the neck is perfection for my fingers. Solos that are hard or even nearly impossible to play on Fenders and Gibsons become almost effortless. All the frets are easily accessible allowing for more tonality range and sound effects. The guitar is extremely well built and balanced. It's extremely fun to play. The stock pickups are brilliant. It will stay in tune for an entire gig! I plan to purchase all the colors in this model and switch out pickups for each one. Honestly, I love all my guitars. I've sold a lot of great guitars and regretted every one. I'm done selling my guitars. I love my Martins, Gibsons, and everything in between. While I love all those guitars my no. 1 is my Ibanez RG655. It just plays better and feels better and allows for more range of sounds than any guitar I've played, it's effortless almost for me. I've spent the last month playing this thing hours every day and haven't had this much fun in years with a new guitar. The only downside comes from the tone. This guitar sounds great with the stock pickups, very clean, very clear. However, I wasn't expecting this type of thin body guitar to sound the depth of a Les Paul Custom and honestly it doesn't have that deep resonance to it. Sure, I will try pickup variations and so forth but I'm convinced it won't have that Les Paul Custom Sound (which I love). But what guitar has that sound other than a Custom anyway? This guitar sounds fantasic and you will be able to pull off more sounds than any Les Paul or guitar of the like. Again, I love my Les Paul's but this thing makes me a better player. True, the sound and abilities are in the hands, but this guitar allows for my hands to perform better. I recommend this guitar for any style of playing. If you are into fast shred I can almost guarantee you wont find better. I'm not saying this will be "the perfect guitar" for everybody but it is for my fingers and I! Overall rating 9.9/10

"Excellent instrument" submitted October 31, 2015

Overall
Overall: I really had no reservations about buying this guitar. I've owned Ibanez before (bass guitars and amps) so it's not my first Ibanez. But it's clearly the best I've had. My first electric guitar was a Squier. Frankly for 130 bucks, I was astonished how good it was as I was pretty much expecting a piece of junk. Far from it. Is it a 1000 dollar guitar of course not, but it only costs 130 bucks too. So in terms of guitars (as opposed to basses) I have only that to compare it to. This thing sounds killer. Very high output pickups. I know this is comparing it to the Squier, but you would think they are active. Turning the pots actually changes the tone, which is not really true on the Squier (volume on the Squier works but tone doesn't seem to do anything as far as I can tell). On this guitar, tone, even a small turn makes a difference you can hear. The frets were obviously dressed and are very very smooth. The 5 piece neck seems built like a tank. Came well set up and even in tune which I found almost impossible to believe - they were all about a half step flat. As far as that goes, changing the strings for the first time made me think I was losing my mind. I've never had a Floyd Rose before, and I didn't realize this is different but I sure found that out in a hurry. I thought something was wrong with it and was going to call to send it back. Now that I've done it a few times, it's a bit more work but it's not really that bad. And the Floyd Rose is worth the extra work in my view as it's so nice. No blemishes on the guitar, plays and sounds out of this world. I had considered a Fender American Standard, and sometimes it still crosses my mind maybe I should try one, but I compare it to the features of this, and it comes up short. And it costs more. And really the two guitars are pretty much aimed at different musical styles - the Strat would be aimed at blues, country and rock though sure it can do other genres, where this is really meant for rock, hard stuff and metal type music though it can also do other genres. Bottom line, I just want to play this one. The weight and feel are just right for me, the balance is great, no sharp pointed edges that look really cool for thrash but are uncomfortable to play (but if you play a style of music that requires growling in a demon voice you probably don't mind a little pain). I put Ernie Ball strap locks on it. Whether the guitar is worth the price of admission is up to you. It's not cheap, but I feel that I am getting my money's worth with it.

"Awesomeness!!!" submitted April 1, 2016

By Bill Master in Gilbertsville, PA
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing guitar for almost 38 years. I lead worship at various locations as well as write my own music.
Music Style: rock, progressive rock, jazz, blues, Christian
Overall: I am so glad I got this guitar! I had an Ibanez Roadstar years ago that I traded in and wish I never did. When I saw this one, I knew I found my replacement!!!

"Outstanding Product" submitted July 12, 2016

By Gary Dryer in St Augustine, FL
Musical Background: I've been playing since 1979
Overall: This guitar is a rockers guitar. We play stuff from southern rock to God Smack and this guitar is perfect for this style of music. What I really love about this guitar is that I don't have long fingers and the neck is skinning. The feel of the guitar in my hands is butter. This is a Shredders guitar. Really good purchase. This is not the first item I've purchased from zZounds and I continue to be pleased with the cost and service I receive from zZounds.

"Ibanez RG 655 Prestige" submitted April 27, 2014

By Kerry L in Cedar Lake, IN
Overall
Musical Background: hobbyist /intermediate player. Owner of six top notch guitars.
Music Style: Rock mostly, but will try playing anything challenging.
Overall: Great guitar, neck and frets work top notch. Craftsmanship overall is fantastic for a $1199.00 guitar. I'll be adding a super v mag loc to mine and 10 gauge strings. The guitar was delivered by zzounds with no problems.

When you call, mention priority code 208-27RZ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976