When you call, mention priority code 20M-6Q2M

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez RG652KFX Prestige

A Super Wizard High-Performance neck bolted onto an Austrailian blackwood-topped basswood body gives the RG652KFX a koa-like midrange with an ultra-fast feel.

"Shred Machine " submitted August 29, 2016

By Brandon B
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar for over ten years, semi professionally.
Music Style: Psyche rock, Alt Rock, Metal, and occasionally hip hop.
Overall: I play in two projects, a psyche rock band and a newly formed metal band. I was looking for a 6 string to tuned to D standard for my new project, as I have a Music Man Luke III and a PRS SE Custom 24 that are perfectly set up for standard tuning and I didn't want to mess with them. I have two 1990's, made in Japan, Ibanez 7 strings that I greatly enjoy, so I thought I'd give the prestige line a try. Features: This guitar is about as simple as it gets, which is something I love about it. The Gotoh fixed bridge is fantastic, as are the locking tuners. They make string changing an absolute breeze But features wise, there isn't a lot to talk about here. Quality: The build on this is fantastic for the money. It isn't up to par with my Music Man...but not much is. I took off half a star, because I prefer the feel of more rounded off fret ends, like Ibanez does with the Iron label guitars. That is not to say that there are any issues with the fret work, The guitar was virtually flawless when it arrived. Manufactures Support: I have had no reason to contact...so I will give them a 5 for good measure. Sound: I heavily debated whether or not to get a Basswood RG652, or to try out one of the Mahogany or Swamp body versions. Mahogany and Alder are my favorite tone woods, but I wanted this guitar to be as light as possible and I'm running it through a heavily modded 6505+, so I figured a more neutral sound would suit my needs. I have no qualms with basswood guitars, but I do think they tend to not sound as "alive' as other tone woods. With that said, this guitar sounded fantastic in standard tuning through my Vox AC30. The tone zone and Air Norton handled it all in spades...but I bought this to set up as a metal guitar in a dropped tuning. Once I tuned it down, and made the appropriate adjustments to string gauge, truss rod, and action, I plugged into my 6505 and was a bit disappointed. The Tone Zone was just too muddy and had this odd nasal quality to it in the mids, especially on the higher notes. I quickly decided that this wasn't going to work in a high gain metal situation for me. I replaced it a few days later with a Dimarzio Illuminator and it instantly came alive. All of my previous complaints were gone and it absolutely rips for metal. So, as far as sound goes, it really is going to depend on your amp and tuning. I will reiterate, I very much liked how it sounded in standard on a Vox AC30. The Air Norton is a fine neck pickup for rock music, but I'll replace it soon for a an Illuminator neck, just for the higher output. Ease of use: This thing is a breeze to set up, The Ibanez Multi-tool is extremely useful. Value: I think the price on this is relatively fair. To me, it sounds and play like a $1000 guitar...I paid a little more because I wanted the wood finish. haha With that said, you'd be just as well to grab a Schecter Keith Merrow for the same price, and that thing is already set up perfect to be a metal machine. The Wow Factor: For me, most of the wow factor is in the playability. I love the neck! It so thin and makes shredding a breeze. The finish also looks great. Overall: After a pickup swap, I'm very satisfied and will probably be trying out another Prestige in the future!

"Ibanez prestige" submitted June 4, 2015

By Jerrod E in Arcadia, FL
Overall
Musical Background: 3 years I play for my church.
Music Style: Rock, country, blues, Christian,
Overall: LOVE this guitar!!!! Very awesome player, great sound, fast neck. Very thin neck. Love that also. The sound is crisp. You hear every little detail. I like everything about this guitar. But... The strings. I hate D Adario. Ernie ball cobalt 8-38 all the way. After installing these strings it made the world of difference.

"Awsome bang for your buck!!" submitted November 10, 2016

By Chris White in Binghamton, NY
Overall
Musical Background: I play guitar in a gigging band.
Music Style: Post metal, post rock, death metal, jazz, black metal
Overall: So I have had this guitar for almost a year and I waited to write this because I wanted to get past the honeymoon phase!When I received the guitar it was literally flawless. Not a single imperfection on it...which honestly shocked me because I'm usually able to find something!I gave an overall rating of 5 out of 5 because Ibanez hit a home run with this model. I feel like this guitar sums up everything awesome about Ibanez but not for 3k.Features: it's a hardtail without any special switches, so nothing special in this department.Sound: I thought for sure I swap out the PUP's but I actually like them quite a bit. I play everything from post rock to black metal and they cover it all extremely well.Quality: 5 out of 5. Period.The wow factor was awesome when I opened the case...I actually just looked at it for a couple minutes before picking it up. It's just gogeous. The top is just stellar.I would buy another in a heart beat....and I may actually buy another very soon!

"Awesome guitar for the money!" submitted February 18, 2016

By Chris White in Binghamton, NY
Musical Background: I play in a band, have been playing for 10 years
Music Style: Metal (black and death) and post metal styles. Also lots of clean playing.
Overall: I have been wanting a NEW guitar (as actually new, I usually buy used) for over 2 years. Once I saw this guitar I knew at some point I would end up with it! Overall this thing is a beast. ABSOLUTELY flawless. The only thing it required was a minor neck adjustment for my personal playing preference. For $1200, I guarantee you won't another new guitar that beats this one.

When you call, mention priority code 20M-6Q2M. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976