When you call, mention priority code 207-JX49

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez RG421 RG Guitar

This Ibanez fixed-bridge electric guitar has a Wizard III neck and Infinity pickups for comfortable playability, a powerful punch, and maximum sustain.

"Amazing budget guitar!" submitted December 4, 2013

By Leo Kay
Overall
Musical Background: Freelance musician with over 10 years of live playing.
Music Style: Everything!
Sound: 5-way switch makes it versatile for single coil and humbucking sounds. Pickups seems a bit dark and lack definition, but that's expected at this price point. Feature: The best feature is probably the famous wizard neck and smooth satin mahogany body. Ease of Use: Action can get extremely low with a proper fret level and crown making it easy to glide over the fretboard. Quality: A+ Overall: I initially bought this guitar as a backup, but it quickly became my main axe. Out of the box, it was ready to play with only just a slight amount of fret leveling that needed to be done. The feel of satin wood in my hands feels perfect and the grain on the body is beautiful, but that's just personal preference. It is extremely light; almost too light! :) before purchasing, I knew the pickups needed to be replaced because they lack some clarity and definition, plus I can never keep anything stock. Solid construction; no loose hardware; tuners are excellent and I use 8s! Do yourself a favor and pick this guy up if you want a solid budget guitar or a platform for modification. Check out my Instagram (leokaymusic) for pictures of the modifications I did and video clips!
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Ibanez RG421 Guitar Review" submitted November 12, 2016

By Michael K in Vancouver, WA
Musical Background: 33 years playing guitar
Music Style: Classic Rock, Blues, Southern Rock, some Metal.
Overall: I bought this brand new from zZ! It came quite swiftly. It was packaged good and no damage was observed! The guitar was not ready to play right out of the box. I had to adjust the bridge and the truss rod. Once I changed the strings, and got the guitar set up...I was really surprised how good it actually plays! The neck is one of the best feeling necks that I have ever played on! It is slim and fast. The finish on this guitar is really nice! I got the red sunburst. It's a poly finish and very pretty! The craftsmanship is really good for a mid priced guitar. The hardware is really nice and quite durable! I like the fixed bridge. The tuners are really good and it stays in tune well! The electronics are good. Decent Pots and knobs! I was surprised how good the pickups sound! I use a Blackstar HT40 Club amp, and this guitar sounds great through it. The guitar has a five way switch that allows for humbucking and coil tap sounds! The tonal options are very versatile. You should be able to use this guitar for Any genre you want to play! I really am pleased with this guitar! It looks great, plays awesome, and is very versatile. I wouldn't hesitate to take it on the road as my main guitar...it's that sweet. You get a lot of guitar for a very good price!

"Ibanez RG-421 MOL review" submitted March 31, 2014

By william f in providence, RI
Musical Background: on and mostly off for years playing guitar. this is my 4th
Music Style: rock, blues
Overall: the good:weighs 8 pounds and is light as a feather. and the wizard 3 neck was a step up for me. it's as if I got better overnight.the bad:thing had fret buzz from the get go and tweaks on the body bridge didn't fix it. too broke for pro fixing but I'm sure that it'll be fine next week when I get it done. and while I took the free shipping option and got it the next day by chance because fes ed hubs are so close it was just dropped on my porch. it came so fast tracking was behind and $300 may not be a lot to many folks, but not having them ask for a signature in my neighborhood is a no-no. zzounds should offer that as a clickable option.the ugly:the guitar. stock photos show a 1 piece front and 1 piece back implying it's 1 piece. but the fronts akin to a quilted top veneer. the back is at least 3 pieces. the rear and especially side / edge finishes were awful, the side horrific. looks like an indonesian wood ashtray souvenir craftsman just started finishing guitars at the factory.overall:it's light which is nice, the necks playable (speculation here pre buzz fret repair) but it seems like not only a bad finish (fit seems fine, but again aside from fret buzz) but cheesy. again like a souvenir. and I've read that the volume knob gets in the way of strumming and sure enough it does for me too. so, if you want one it's alright for the price. but I'd suggest looking at and feeling one before buying it as some things may or may not be to your liking. know what you're buying and like it and if you do it's an alright guitar...

When you call, mention priority code 207-JX49. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976