When you call, mention priority code 16XT-95D2

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez PF28ECE Acoustic

A great first acoustic-electric axe for electric guitarists, the PF28ECE delivers rich sound (and stunning looks) with its mahogany body and flame maple top.

"A LOT of guitar for a rather small price!" submitted October 11, 2012

By William R in Madison, AL
Musical Background: Church Praise Band for 10+ Years
Music Style: Contemporary Praise and Worship
Overall: As usual, Ibanez continues to please this buyer! I've tried a number of other brands over the years and keep coming back to Ibanez as I feel they give the most "bang for the buck", and the PF28ECE is no exception. Upon removal from the shipping carton the first thing that struck me was the instrument's overall beauty! It looked really nice in the online pics, but they just don't do justice to the fit and finish of what came out of the box. I'd put this thing up against guitars from other makes costing twice as much any day of the week! The woods used are stunning, the finish is stunning, and the overall workmanship leaves nothing to be desired for anything less than a perfectionist professional musician. One area that always seems to be overlooked on less expensive guitars is the finish on the ends of the frets along the edge of the neck. At least on my sample, they are all smooth with no need of additional work. Now to what really matters... playability and sound. While my guitar-playing skills are not great by any means, I find the PF28ECE as easy to play as any other acoustic guitar I've ever owned and/or played. Fellow band members at church who have played it agree that it plays at least as well as their Taylors, Yamahas and Breedloves which cost a whole lot more! While certainly not equaling the sound of a high-end Martin, Takamine, Gibson or similar, this thing sounds WAY better than any other sub-$500 acoustic that I've had the chance to try out, and it easily equals a few that were pushing the $1,000 mark, both unplugged and plugged! If it sounds like I'm gushing with enthusiasm over this guitar it's probably because I am! I've owned quite a few guitars in my 50+ years on this planet, and I've spent way more money to buy one that I did on this one, but I can't remember one I've ever been quite so pleased with overall! Cons: If I really have to say something negative about this guitar, it would have to be about the choice to use two AA batteries for the on-board electronics. While they are cheaper and are normally readily available, they are a departure from what is considered "normal" for guitars and therefore may not catch someone off guard at a gig if they're not aware of this difference and don't go prepared! Related to the AA batteries, I pulled the battery tray out a bit too far the first time and almost didn't get it to go back into the instrument, so pull it out gently until it stops and no further! Please note that there has been no need of Manufacturer Support required on this instrument, but it is a required rating on this website, so I must enter something to continue. Since Ibanez products have been so good to me so far, I'm going to give them a 5 in support also! :-)
34 of 35 people (97.14%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Ibanez PF28ECE Acoustic-Electric Guitar - Very Pleased" submitted May 5, 2014

By Wayne P in Williamsport, PA
Musical Background: A student for over 40 years
Music Style: Oldies.
Overall: I purchased this guitar because of the recommendation of the July 2012 issue of Guitar Player. When I saw a blemished version for sale for sizable discount, I jumped. The blemishes were very minor....on the back side....just a scuff. The real bonus was it came with a hard case. The sound is decent, even better hooked up to an amp. Like the on board tuner and XLR output option. Guitar looks great.

"Mr" submitted March 5, 2014

By james koerschner in port saint lucie, FL
Musical Background: ive been playing sence 1970 or 43 years i play lead gutair
Music Style: classic rock new rock
Overall: i love my gutair thanks

When you call, mention priority code 16XT-95D2. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976