When you call, mention priority code 157B-Y7HP

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez M510E Mandolin

A quality mandolin for a beginner-friendly price, the Ibanez M510E boasts a single-coil pickup, so you can rock this mando acoustic or amplified.

"Excellent instrument for the price." submitted February 17, 2011

Music Style: Comtemporary Christian, Bluegrass, Celtic
Sound: The sound with the original factory strings wasn't too bad, but once they were replaced with some Elixirs, the clarity was much improved. Ease of Use: As an acoustic-electric Mandolin, there has to be compromises. It took a bit of experimentation with the volume/tone controls to get it to sound okay. Once set, it is pretty decent (considering the price) Quality: Fit and finish are excellent, the only complaint I have (and this is common for a stringed instrument in this price range) is the poor quality tuners. Quite a bit of play in the peg/bushing area which makes tuning a challenge. I am in the process of replacing them. Value: There aren't alot of acoustic-electric mandolins in this price range to compare the Ibanez too. I did alot of "Googling" for reviews prior to purchase and this fared better than most. Manufacturer Support: N/A Overall: As a fairly new Mandolin player, I expect this to last at least a couple years before I look for an upgrade, and only then if there is a compelling reason to do so.

"Great electric mando for the stage." submitted February 21, 2011

By a customer from netutah.com
Music Style: Alternative
Sound: Recently my bass player gave me his Rogue oval hole mando. Got me hooked and I wrote two new songs on it. Didnít want the hassle of a mic on stage so I bought the electric Ibanez. Action was really horrible when I got it. Took it in for a set up at my local luthier, and with new strings it plays really nice the whole way up the neck. Plugged in it sounds great through the PA and equally nice straight through my Fender amp. I figured Iíd get rid of the cheap Rogue once I got the Ibanez, but the acoustic sound unplugged is not as full as the round hole Rogue. Not sure if this is just the nature of F-holes vs. round holes, but unplugged, the Ibanez really suffers with acoustic projection and has virtually no bass compared to the Rogue. So, Iím happy with the Ibanez as a great playing, very nice sounding electric mando for live shows, but Iíll be keeping the Rogue for recording. Feature: Volume and tone controls work fine. Ease of Use: Once set-up, the Ibanez plays great. Sounds great plugged in, not so great acoustically. Very little projection, especially in the bass. Quality: The dark finish looks very beautiful and instrument seems to be very rugged and well made. Value: Great value. Manufacturer Support: I have an Ibanez 12-string acoustic guitar as well. Never had problems with that so Iíll assume the mando will be equally reliable. The Wow Factor: Zero sex appeal Overall: I am a beginer on the mando. I imagine if I continue to play, I might look for another acoustic/electric that has a solid wood top and sounds equally nice without plugging in.

"Fantastic for the price!" submitted June 25, 2013

By Jason Champion in Woodstock, GA
Overall
Musical Background: Working drummer/percussionist/guitar and now mandolin....25+ years
Music Style: Rock, country, Christian
Overall: This is my first mandolin so I didn't want to spend a lot of money on it. That said, I did a lot of research before making a purchase and I'm glad I went with the M510E A-Style. The only issue I have is the strings that it comes with. They are steel (I think) and very hard on my fingers. I play guitar, so my fingers are used to the pressure but these strings are ridiculous. Regardless, the mandolin sounds great even with cheap strings. It sounds good both acoustic and plugged in. The finish is great and it looks like a much more expensive mando. It is worth noting that there is only one peg for a strap so you will need the type of strap that wraps around the neck.

"Decent mando. Good price. Great fun." submitted March 10, 2014

By Joshua M in Cherryville, NC
Overall
Musical Background: making music for 20+ years...keys, guitar, vox, perc, ukulele, mandolin, bass and a little harmonica.
Music Style: Any genre...So long as its clever and catchy.
Overall: I'll start by saying in a fan of Ibanez. I have and have had several of their guitars and anything above their "starter packs" is usually a decent instrument. This mandolin is no exception. Good sound acoustically and surprisingly accurate reproduction of sound when plugged into my Fishman loud box or Peavey Ecoustic. I got the open pore finish, it's nice, but has a few cosmetic flaws. Also, THE STRINGS WILL HAVE TO BE CHANGED IMMEDIATELY AND THE PLASTIC UNDER THE BRIDGE HAS TO BE REMOVED. It sounded really plunkey and flat at first, but afterwards it's a nice sounding, playable, gig worthy instrument. Zzounds gave me a great price on it too!

"First Mandolin In 30 Years...She's A Keeper!!!" submitted February 6, 2012

By Dean Kesler in Oconto Falls, WI
Overall
Musical Background: 36 years, turned pro at age 18. Guitar, Bass, Drums, Mandolin, "Swinette"
Music Style: Is "Soup to Nuts" a musical style? Traditional Country to Metal...I don't like to be pigeonholed into one category.
Sound: Excellent! Ease of Use: Easy as can be if you know how to play it. Quality: Superb. Value: Worth every penny! Manufacturer Support: Didn't need it. The Wow Factor: The wow factor? WOW!!! Overall: I got my first Mandolin for Christmas at age 18. I learned to play on it and then, I stepped on it and broke it! It took me nearly 30 years to buy a new Mandolin and I did a lot of research before making a purchase. I knew it didn't make sense to buy a thousand dollar Mandolin but, I also didn't want a $39.99 beginner! This Mandolin fit nicely into my pricing comfort zone and, my research revealed results satisfactory enough for me to buy the Ibanez M510E.Thanks in no small part to zZounds 4-Easy Pay plan, I ordered Th Mandolin and it arrived safe and sound however, I live in Wisconsin and it is winter time here. I am always nervous about shipping instruments in the winter but, if you are patient enough to wait several hours to a day before opening the shipping box, there should be no weather damage! There was no damage and in fact, all I needed to do was make a very minor bridge adjustment and she was ready to go!Step 1: I opened the box and the first thought was, "She sure is a "looker"! Step 2: I tuned her up and it was time to see if I remembered anything I had learned as a teen about playing the mandolin. I was rusty but, like the old cliche' says, "It's just like riding a bike"! She looked good, she felt good and, she played pretty darn good too!Step 3: Now it was time to change the strings as I always do when I get a new instrument. Now she sounded much better! Not that is was bad right out of the box but, the new strings did bright up the sound quite a bit!Nice, bright, ringing sound and what I consider to be an instrument of quality beyond it's pricing! The neck was straight, no "splinters" in the F-holes heck, no physical flaws at all!If you buy the M510E or, any instrument for that matter, they may need minor adjustments if they are being shipped to you. If you are too nervous to do any adjustment yourself, take it to a pro, it's not expensive! And remember, the weather can be a huge factor in the condition of an instrument upon it's arrival. Don't be too hasty in opening your new treasure, give it a chance to acclimate to the conditions in your home, studio, wherever you are opening the shipping box.

"Play before you buy" submitted November 16, 2012

By T.K. A in Austin, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar, drums, keys, sing. Been playing for almost ten years now.
Music Style: rock/alternative
Overall: I have had this mandolin for several months now. Pros - she looks really goodC ons - sounds terrible With the latter, nothing else matters. It's impossible to keep this thing in tune. I have tried with the stock strings and even some brand new strings. It's just not happening. This has caused me nothing but frustration. I've tried everything, there is even a nasty rattle that doesn't go away. I would recommend playing on a mandolin in a store before making a purchase.

"Lacking in quality components" submitted January 10, 2010

Music Style: Irish trad.
Quality: I had to replace the tuning keys immediately with after market keys. The Dealer offered to replace the keys for free, but the replacements provided by Ibanez (?) were the same inferior ones that came on it. Overall: Had I known about the problems with the stock keys, I would not have bought this brand.

"Ibanez¬īs good value" submitted October 21, 2007

By a customer from telia.com
Musical Background: Pro Musician
Sound: Regarding the prizetag, it's a bargain! Feature: Strings sucks as in most cases, must change them asap. Quality: Considering the prize, one gets a top mando! Value: I've played a lot of other brands, must say Ibanez beats the competition.
25 of 37 people (67.57%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 157B-Y7HP. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976