When you call, mention priority code 12CS-9B1D

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez ICT700 Iceman

Powered by DiMarzio's D-Activator pickups, this guitar has the look and sound for the modern metal guitarist.

"Ibanez Iceman" submitted October 24, 2012

By Malik Ore in Joplin, MO
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing guitar for 5 years getting close to six. I play bass, guitar, and drums and i do jam and in a band
Music Style: Metalcore or just Metal in General
Sound: Very good sound with most metal and rock music i use some distortion to make it sound better and alot of it. Feature: The neck is a pretty easy neck to go up and down on especially sweep picking, the pickups are actually good too. The only thing is it is kinda tough to get from the 17 to 22nd frets. Ease of Use: Its not hard to get good sound from it nuff said. Quality: Oh yeah it was made very well and i think it would be a few years until new parts are required. Value: It was a little pricy but in all it was worth it. Manufacturer Support: Yes Ibanez has good customer support. The Wow Factor: I just think the whole guitar in general is awesome but the pickups are amazing for Dimarzio cause personally i like EMG. Overall: This Guitar is a very good Guitar for any type of metal from Metalcore to Nu metal etc. Even if you have an amp that has poor sound this guitar sounds excellent still. If you are looking for a guitar that can make good solos i highly recommend this guitar.

"great must buy" submitted January 6, 2009

Musical Background: part time band
Music Style: metal,rock
Sound: i have a really crapy amp and still sounds AMAZING i love playing it, if u play metal, rock and like to shred this is the guitar for u Feature: it came with a wire dont really use it, i like tht it has simple controls 1 volume 1 tone and a 3 way switch its all i need when i play, plus i love the 24 frets Ease of Use: it sounds great straight out of the box and i can get alot of diffrent sounds with it Quality: its great, only problem is the finish is a bit sloppy but thts probably mine Value: im surprised they arent selling it for twice its price Manufacturer Support: giving them a 9 didnt really need to contact them The Wow Factor: i had the chance to buy alot of other guitars but i just had to have this one Overall: i think im going to use this for quite a while, it has become the only guitar i will use on stage, the only way i would sell this is if i was going bankrupt, i wil probably get another guitar for diffrent styles of music

"A cool looking POS." submitted March 4, 2009

Musical Background: Touring Musician
Music Style: Metalcore
Sound: The Dimarzio pickups sounds really nice.Clean tone is amazing in this guitar with them, and with distortion, the desription of the sound is pretty much what they say it is: they have a nice amount of gain but yet stay precise and are responsive.Pinch harmonics are not amazing but pretty much the same as with passive humbuckers in the D activator price range.If you are an Active pickup fan of course its still dosent compare. Feature: I have set up many guitars in my years....Boy was the neck on this one effed up.I could not get the fret buzz to go away with out the action being a 1/2 inch up.I tried truss rod adjustments and bridge adjustment combinations for hours upon hours....The bridge is kind of confusing at first but its simple once you learn how to make the adjustments.I like my action low especially on my ibanez guitars, I ordered this thing thinking its gunna play awesome because of the 5 piece neck...all i got was FRET BUZZ FRET BUZZ FRET BUZZ the kind that makes it un playable.But at the places in the neck where there was none it played very well.I guess the neck was just set in crooked or some other assembly flaw.IDK.It pissed my off pretty bad though.All other features were amazing. Ease of Use: The way the guitar straps up; its a just a tad tiny bit neck heavy.It wasnt a big deal though.I play guitars like this low at the waist. Quality: I got the guitar in white.Im so glad I choose white over black.It looks amazing.I see no paint flaws in my particular model. I still call my particular model a piece of cool looking junk cause of the FRET BUZZ though.If it were not for the Fret buzz I would sleep with this guitar and build a shrine for it.I guess I could have taken it to a professional but I know that it would have required some serious and cost worthy work. Value: Well I got this guitar for 550 elsewhere.I was planning on selling it and getting another from ZZounds for 650 and if I had the same problem with the fret buzz I'd send it back.but then WHOA now its 800 bucks.It should be 500 at the most for this indonesian made crap. Manufacturer Support: I want to call ibanez and use bad languge to yell at them. The Wow Factor: I want a better made ICT700.But Im not paying 800 for it, especially since its made in indonesia.My main factor for finaly making the purchase is when I learned it had 24 frets.Thats why I dont want a IC400.I've been playing Diffrent S series (470, 520) for the past few years and they have been my favorite guitars.But i wanted something more flashy.Bad idea.Ill take playability over looks anyday. Overall: Might try one of the new 2009 Ibanez models.

"AWESOME!" submitted December 19, 2008

Overall
Sound: the sound is absolutely amazing passive pick ups made to sound like active pickups VERY metal tones no fuzz and hardly any feedback do NOT use a small amp for this guitar, it'll sound like it's going to explode Feature: the guitar came wit a cord which is not very good but the pickups are DiMarzio D Activators, passive made to sound like actives without the whole battery hassle, very metal and the lead sounds POWERFUL Ease of Use: this guitar is really easy to play and customize to your sound the only bad thing i think is that it doesn't balance so well when your strap is lowered to make your guitar hang a little around your waist area, balances better when its held higher Quality: the guitar looks AMAZING but when i got mine apparently somebody dropped it or something before it got to my house and was chipped and cracked all the way from the 3-way switch throught the humbuckers to the fret board Value: this guitar is WAY worth the money The Wow Factor: the guitar is a mean elegant looking metal machine Overall: i shipped it back thursday because of the cracks and crap i should get my replacement monday or tuesday

"The honest opinion of the ICT700 to buy or not to buy" submitted April 24, 2008

Music Style: Hardcore Metal
Sound: This guitar has a very distinct sound compared to my other guitars. The combination of the Mah. body and the neck thru construction. Give it a very full and warm tone while the new bridge design gives it mad harmonics and gobs of sustain. But the most impressive feature of the sound is the Dimarzio D-activators They are very loud and and have great attack. but they have also scooped out the mids. They really sound alot like an EMG, but with one very big difference EMGs will tend to flatten out when played hard and they do not have much headroom. But these pickups are very clear and quiet also just like EMGs are just no batteries to hassle with. As aggressive as the pickups are in the middle and bridge position ( tone rolled all the way off ) I am surprised at how mellow and almost vintage sounding at lower volumes with some tone rolled in. This makes this guitar great for a lot of different setups and music styles. Feature: The controls are no frills one tone one volume one 3 way switch. I like that part but I really don't like where they put the volume pot. It gets in my way . but thats an easy fix just swap the volume pot with the 3 way switch....Problem solved Ease of Use: I was able to get this guitar sounding good the minute I plugged it in. So be warned .......if you play this guitar you should be ready to buy it,because you will NOT want to put it down Quality: This is a tough one for me I have many other guitars many of them Ibanez: some Japanese Some Korean I have always been impressed with the workmanship,fit,finish,and playability of their guitars And I would put them up against guitars that cost twice as much. This is the first Ibanez that I have bought that was made in Indonesia, and to be honest I can see the difference. Don't miss understand this guitar is still an exceptional value for the money, but the finish that I have on this guitar is not as good as the Korean or Japanese models. I have heard a lot of talk about this on the web and I have looked mine over very carefully and I have found one or two minor finish flaws. Mostly where the the body and binding meet. ( sloppy tape job in the paint dept. ). But this in no way Does that take away from the overall construction. Still Ibanez all the way. Great necks fast and flat Value: I feel that anytime you can get a guitar that is clearly made this well with neck thru ( 5 piece ) at this price you should buy it. But the hidden value is in the subtle details that has made it so unique ; The reverse head stock The reverse shark tooth inlays 25.5 " scale length. 24 fret neck In short all the things that I wanted Ibanez to do to the Iceman all these years. these features will make this guitar a very hot item this year. The Wow Factor: I have a lot of guitars . I did not need another one . I had to have it ..... Enough Said Overall: This has now become my primary stage guitar
36 of 39 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Nice guitar, but if you have a chance buy one of the older versions of the Iceman." submitted July 14, 2009

Music Style: Blues, Rock, Metal, Punk, Country, Motown
Sound: The guitar sounds really great, although I cant get much harmonic response from it, but it has a really warm and thick sound and it sounds great for any genres except for Dimebag music and Zak Wylde coz you wont be able to pull off those crazy pinch harmonics on this guitar. Feature: The guitar came with everything a guitar should come with, a wire, strings, and sturdy case. I like the fact that it has one tone knob and one volume knob so I don't get confused while playing. Ease of Use: You can play it straight out of the box. (plug it in to an amp first :) Quality: Overall the guitar is made to last, but the finish isn't. If all you care about is the sound then you wont have a problem, but if you're like me and you think a guitar is 50% sound 50% sexy you'll get really annoyed with the finish. Cons of the Finish: Smudges very easily, gets scratches very easily, if you drop it it WILL crack due to the weight of the guitar, There is no binding it is just white paint. Pros: its Sexy while it lasts, and all your friends and competition will burn in jealousy. Value: Sound wise its worth twice as much as you're paying for, although you must suffer the consequences of a good sounding guitar at such a cheap price... The finish will not last. Manufacturer Support: I didn't need to contact them. The Wow Factor: Really good looking guitar, very unique, its shape screams: To men: My owner is the greatest guitarist of all time! To women: Lay my owner. enough said. Overall: Its a good purchase but you must pamper it if you want it to look sharp for the rest of its days. My advice to you buy one of the older versions of the Iceman they are much better looking because of all the little things, and sound better, My IC-400 Sounds great! so if you can find one of the older versions make sure you play it because a good Iceman is a dying breed.

When you call, mention priority code 12CS-9B1D. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976