When you call, mention priority code 157C-DFSJ

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez GSRM25 GiO Mikro

Built with smaller players in mind, this five-string bass from Ibanez has a compact design, a rosewood fretboard, and two STD jazz pickups.

"GSRM 25 Mikro 5 String Bass" submitted January 3, 2014

By Jeff S in Denton, TX
Overall
Musical Background: PlayingBass 30+ years, pro for 15.
Music Style: Rock, R and B, Jazz
Overall: After 30+ years of playing a 4-string, I really wanted to try a 5-string but wasn't sure if my brain was too hard-wired at this point to get comfortable with the low B... I wanted to get into something inexpensive so It wouldn't sting too bad if I couldn't make to jump. I've seen for years that Ibanez has been making some fairly respectable basses for the cost of a decent case and my desire to shed weight and try a shorter scale all came together when I saw this baby on a couple of sites. Buy a bass without playing it?... too risky, too much hassle if I get a dog, but... $200 bucks, free shipping, I mean how bad could I get hurt; these (reputable) sites have made the whole process so easy, oh well..here goes... Bottom Line:The thing arrived on-time, set-up (including spot-on intonation and not a fret-buss to be found). A sweet little bass, but alas, just too small - my bad, I just didn't focus on how tiny a 28.5" scale was, maybe a 32' or even a 30' would have worked, but at only 5"8" tall, I look (and feel) like i'm playing a toy. And yea, I'm gonna be all right with the jump to 5-string, but I'm not sure I can hang with this one. By the way it plays really well and sounds fine except for the low B string which on such a short scale is very loose and will break up almost any amp signal unless you dump a ton of low EQ. 'Cept now I'm not sure what to replace it with; I don't minding even shelling out a bit more $$$, up to $500 on a smallish scale 5-string but which one...? I can't fault Zounds or even Ibanez, I got what I ordered and the value was astounding, I wish I could say the same for my home-work prior to the purchase.

"Nice and Portable" submitted March 18, 2014

By Ray Hartman in Seattle, WA
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing the bass professionally for 48 years.
Music Style: Blues, Classic Rock, Jazz standards & Country
Overall: Plays well, in tune at the 12th fret which is difficult on a short scale, let alone a 5 string. A bit heavy for it's size. Fit and finish is real nice. Fret finish on fingerboard edge is smooth, much better than other brand short scales I've tried. Sound is as good as it can be considering the price. All in all, a great value. Excellent for writing & noodling.

When you call, mention priority code 157C-DFSJ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976