When you call, mention priority code 1644-2BLZ

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez GSRM20 Mikro Bass

The Ibanez GSRM20 Mikro is a great choice for a smaller-scale bass. With Ibanez quality built for smaller players, the GSRM20 Mikro is a solid instrument.

"Quality at a Bargain Price" submitted October 9, 2011

By a customer from twcny.rr.com
Musical Background: Active musician for 50 years
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Jazz, Zidecko
Sound: With a combination of a P bass neck pickup and J bass bridge pickup the sound was predictable. Hammering, slap, pop, finger and pick styles all work with this bass. You add to that classic Fender solid body tone and sustain. I've played it through my Ampeg, GK, and Acoustic. This is an excellent bass for the price. Also my first Ibanez. Feature: The accessories included the normal bargain instament cable, truss rod wrench, bridge adjustment wrench and a fairly well detailed guide on adjusting the bass. One feature I really like is that you don't have to remove the truss rod cover to adjust the rod. It is actually made to slide open and afford access without removing any screws. The body is mahogany and the neck is maple with a rosewood finger board. At 1 1/2 inch, the nut width is very narrow making the neck very fast. Ease of Use: I am amazed at how well this bass is made and even more so at the sound. I've compared it to my '57 Fender Precision, Gibson EB-O, and my MM StingRay and it's sound is comparable to all. Very easy to set up and so fast. Quality: The fit and finish is flawless. Not a handmade work of art, but I couldn't find any blems or sanding mistakes anywhere on it. The bridge is a typical Fender style stamped plate which I may change for a Hip Shot for appearence and sustain gain. Very solid and simple build that should hold up well. Value: For the price, you can't go wrong. I'm very pleased with this purchase. Manufacturer Support: Unknown as I haven't had to contact them. The Wow Factor: Not a spectacular looking bass, but not many solid body basses are. This is just a very fast, great sounding bass for very little cash. Overall: I treat all my instraments as quality investments whether they cost $100 or $4000. At the time I was looking for another short scale bass because I love the speed you can attain with them. This one offers that with a Fender sound.

"Older Bassists-this Mikro will fit your 'arthritic' fingers...!" submitted January 12, 2011

Music Style: old country.....oldie R & R...some blues
Sound: ok for the price...won't break the bank and will /should give me years of hobby playing time... Feature: the shorter thinner neck helps my playing because my old fingers -age 63-aren't as flexible as they used to be...I played A Fender P in college-and this one feels like it fits me... Ease of Use: fairly easy to 'set up'.... Quality: The fit and finish are surprisingly well balanced...the main problem-and I have read this about other Mikro Basses-the input jack just fell out after about three uses-had to take apart and secure better....and while tuning the 'A' string-it snapped and almost decapitated me...was a scary moment....so I purchased a set of Ernie Ball strings for a short scale bass....volumn knobs seem a bit 'wobbly/cheesy'....without a lot of range...but this little bass will do for now... Value: yes Manufacturer Support: N/A...haven't contacted seller or mfg. about my small problems.... The Wow Factor: metalflake color looks good overall.....light,but solid, Overall: I think I will stick with this one awhile--just picking up the bass since college days-way back in '67....so, a Timothy B. Schmidt I am not...!

"Amazing little bass" submitted November 30, 2013

By Adam B in Etters, PA
Musical Background: 18 years, guitar, bass
Music Style: Rock, Jazz, country, Christian
Overall: I was looking for a smaller bass as I am a guitar player, and was looking for a short scale bass. This was a sight unseen or played, but it had very good reviews so I thought I would give it a shot. I purchased the sunburst, and I could not be more happy with the sound, build quality, and how user friendly this guy is. It is not much bigger in length than a guitar, and the neck is very think and fast. The body is a high gloss with a satin neck, both P-bass and J-bass pickups give it a very nice range in sound. Due to the scale it does not have the bottem deep end that you would find in a sandard scale, but it has enough. It has a punchy sound which I really like with a very clear tone. I was able to play the Squire Mustang, the Epiphone Viola, as well as the Hagstrom short scale and this has them all beat. The only issue that I have with the bass is the pickups are very close togther making fingering rather hard without hitting the pickups. You need to find a sweet spot near the bridge, or you may end up hitting the pickups with your fingers. If you use a pick it will be a non issue.

""Little Bass, Big Sound!"" submitted November 28, 2010

Musical Background: Band Manager
Music Style: Rock/Pop
Sound: Hey for the price, you just can't beat the sound. This little bass can hang with the "Big Boys"! My daughter uses this bass in a rock/pop kids band, the pickups are decent and hold up pretty well. (demo youtube.com/blueskyfalling)See "KC Rocker". Feature: Perfect for those just learning or "getting into" playing bass, or even more experienced players. I would not recommend any other "short scale". The tone and volume controls are not complicated. They are what they are. Ease of Use: No "Rocket Science" here. Just a nice instrument that will get the job done, for the price. Quality: Ibanez has a reputation for quality. I have several guitars, most of which were good, but this company gives you the most "bang for your buck". We just recently invested in another Ibanez bass.You can't go wrong. (no, I don't work for Ibanez) Value: We have used this as a "main" bass for practices and gigs, pretty much the past two years. I think we got our money's worth. Manufacturer Support: Never had problems, so never had to "deal" with anyone. The Wow Factor: Three different colors were available when we purchased this, but the Amethyst Sky Metallic is pretty cool, and the one my daughter ended up with. Overall: We have had this for almost two years and will use this bass, in conjunction with a full size scale Ibanez bass, that we recently purchased from zzounds. (Which I will try to review once we receive it).

"Great for guitar players" submitted May 4, 2012

Musical Background: Playing for 20+ years
Music Style: blues, R&B, jazz, country, pop, rock, gospel
Overall: The GSRM20 Mikro is heavily marketed for small/young players (which is fine) but I think Ibanez is missing another target audience: Guitar players. A lot of us like to lay down some kind of bass track when developing ideas at home but the clumsiness of a full-size bass can be frustrating. Likewise, I've known many working guitar players who have had to fill in on bass for a gig or two and they hate the awkwardness of it. This bass is PERFECT for guitar players who need/want a bass but don't want to invest the time and effort required to become a "real" bass player (let's face it, the bass is a unique instrument). Because the scale is so short, you have a MUCH easier time translating your guitar chops over to bass. I also highly recommend this for any church worship team that asks a guitar player to fill in on bass once in a while.

"Ibanez GSRM20 short scale bass" submitted May 27, 2014

By Dennis S in Woodstock, VA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing 53 years, play guitar and bass, play at Nursing Homes regularly
Music Style: Old Time Country and Gospel, 60s rock, folk
Overall: Great instrument for the price. Perfect for guitarists who don't often play bass and want a more "guitar like" feel. Controls can be adjusted to achieve a good solid sound. Mine needed a little tweaking on the set-up to get the action down low where I like it. Overall, great feel, great sound, great buy!

"Great first bass" submitted October 28, 2012

By Jen L in Eastport, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Currently play piano, a bit of guitar and drums. I play for fun...not professionally
Music Style: Rock, pop, country, folk singer-songwriter
Overall: Loving my new Mikro. Easy to play....cool looking and a nice sound.

"Ibanez Mikro Bass" submitted April 22, 2014

By J P
Overall
Overall: Fantastic little bass

"You get a lot more than you think" submitted October 21, 2013

By Adam Buhrman in Etters, PA
Overall
Musical Background: 22 years, both guitar and bass. Play at home and for our church band.
Music Style: Rock, blues, jazz, country, Christian and anything else with some beat or soul to it.
Overall: Taking the bass out of the box I was amazed at the finish and setup. I purchased the sunburst, which is more of a dark brownburst that is beautiful. It needed some adjustment, which was easy to do. No truss rod work or anything. Just lowered the strings to my liking. Now the sound. This baby can get both bottom and punchy treble. I was amazed by the wide range of tones by such an inexpensive bass. I've owned Rickenbackers, Fenders, and an old T-40 and this thing is beats them all in ease to play. The satin finish neck is super fast, and you can zip on it like nothing else. This would be a great starter bass, travel bass, or for me just something to play around the house without having to worry about it getting beat up. This was purchased sight unseen and I could not be more happy with what I got. Also the service from zzounds is amazing, I will do business here again.

"Pro Equipment for Kids" submitted December 4, 2007

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Music Style: Contemporary Christian, Jazz, Funk
Sound: Holds up its end in the church band. My grandson (5years old) listens and follows the best he can. Feature: Active pick-ups would be nice. Would give more versatility. Ease of Use: Simple enough without the manual. But as a gift the correct manual would have been nice. Good handling weight for kids. Quality: Seems to be just as good as as other guitars in the $300-$500 range. Value: Fair price a $169 The Wow Factor: Got that pro look.... Overall: Should last until my grandson out grows it. Z also plays acoustic drums and electric guitar.
34 of 57 people (59.65%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Cool little bass" submitted February 2, 2014

By Steven H in Gillette , WY
Musical Background: Beginer
Overall: Bought this for my 12yr old soon to learn to play on. He isn't the biggest kid on the planet, so this is a perfect fit for him.

Ibanez GSRM20 Mikro Bass Customer Review submitted August 27, 2011

Overall
Sound: Good sound for a beginner 3/4 base for my 9 year old son. Feature: For a basic beginners bass features were not that important. Ease of Use: It is playable with good action on the fret board. Quality: The jack went bad after two days. Fortunately I had a luthier who replaced the jack and adjusted the neck turning it into a decent bass for minimal repair cost. The price was so cheap I felt it was better to pay a minimal amount to get it right versus trying another model or replacement model. Value: Price is great.

When you call, mention priority code 1644-2BLZ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976