When you call, mention priority code 171K-NHD9

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez GSR206 6-String

The Phat II active EQing boasts a full-bodied sound while the 6-string design, Agathis body, and Dynamix pickups offer an excellent playing experience.

"Amazing instrument!" submitted November 6, 2009

Music Style: Gospel, R&B, Jazz
Sound: You have to hear this instrument through your rig!...such a clear, tight, deep sound. Once you dial in the right settings. It will blow you away. Feature: The Phat II active knob brings the thunder! Ease of Use: Simple and very straight forward controls Quality: This instrument is well put together. It's an Ibanez...what do you expect! Value: I picked this baby up before the price goes up. I would advise you to do the same. This is worth way more than 299.99!!! Manufacturer Support: No need to at this time The Wow Factor: The photo doesn't do this product justice. When I opened the box, I was amazed with the chrome, and the high glos black finish. It will definately get your attention! Overall: I am completely satified. This is the first 6-string bas I have owned, and for the price you all should make the step up to a 6!
21 of 22 people (95.45%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"My Upgrade Bass..." submitted May 24, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: active musician, home producer, songwriter
Music Style: metal, punk, a twist of funk
Sound: Crazy punch to this baby, phat 2 eq is apparently active as there is a battery compartment on the back (though unfortunatly the screw kind). It's very effective too, all the way down sounds like you're run of the mill low end bass, but boosted up about half way and as the name indicates, PHATT!! My only beef soundwise is that the low b is a bit muddy, but not too bad. Feature: For the price, it's all you could expect and more. Standard volume for each pickup, regular type tone knob, and the mac daddy phat 2 boost knob. Did I mention it's six strings and sounds great? Ease of Use: For a six string, pretty easy. Yes it's a pretty wide neck and a bit neck heavy, but again, it's a six string so that's expected. Quality: My only gripe quality wise is that the bridge piece holding my g string for some reason rattles (slight buzzing) the string when plucked from underneath (I do alot of slap & snap), but only when it's plucked open. I've isolated the cause, if I push up on the piece toward the headstock it doesn't do it anymore. I'm not a tech so I'm getting my dad to fix it. Might replace the tuners with sperzels, but overall this baby is excellent. Value: It's a 6 string that plays well with active electronics built in, the gsr206 is a steal!! Manufacturer Support: Haven't used it. The Wow Factor: I play it constantly Overall: Bought mine from a local music shop, I love shopping with zzounds but I prefer to try out my axes before I buy them. Anyway, this was my upgrade from a squier mb5 5 string bass. I was expecting it to be about the same with an extra string but from the first time I played it I knew it was something special, alot more chord possibilities too. 6 string basses aren't so good for people with smaller hands, but luckily mine can palm a regulation size basketball. I love Ibanez axes, you always get more than your moneys worth and this is no exception. If you've got the fingers for it I highly recommend the gsr206!!
24 of 26 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Sweet 6 and great for the price!" submitted June 4, 2012

By John F in Hohenwald, TN
Overall
Musical Background: 12 years of guitar and bass, In bands and at home.
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Blues, Thrash.
Overall: I picked this bass up at zzsound and have been impressed. Out of the box, all I had to do was tune it and start ripping into playing. The neck is lighting fast and works with your hand. The body is well contoured so it does not beat your leg up if sitting down. It stays in tune well and I havent had to adjust anything. The value and what it is and what it has is incredible. The active pickups were a surprise for the value. I actually turned my amp to a "flat" setting and does it sound sweet! I'll reccomend this bass to anyone starting on 6 string basses and the pros who like 6 string basses.

"My Favorite Bass - by far!" submitted February 15, 2012

By Joe Nicholson in Mukilteo, WA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing bass since 1987. Perform on stage with two different bands 2x every week & some session work.
Music Style: Rock / Contemporary Christian (Rock), Jazz, Blues, Some Funk. Some Country.
Overall: This is the 5th electric bass guitar I've owned and it is by far my favorite. It's powerful, punchy and a real pleasure to play! Another reviewer said, "It's like it plays itself", and I agree! I don't know why, but put any other bass in my hands and I won't sound as good! This bass makes me sound better than I really am! My only complaint was that within a couple weeks from when I purchased it new (at Guitar Center, (Sorry zZounds!)), some of the solder joints came loose inside where the 1/4" cord plugs in, and I had to tear it apart and re-solder it myself. That was the one and only problem I've ever had with it before or since that incident. It's been a great guitar and although I am not a professional, I have friends that are, and they were impressed with my choice. Out of all the other basses I've owned, (Drive, Squier, Hohner), this has been the best of them all!

"Great Value" submitted April 10, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Sound Tech, Recording Engineer, Play guitar, bass and mandolin.
Music Style: All styles, mainly Rock, Country , Bluegrass
Sound: I got much more than I expected when I received my GSR206. I normally play lead and rhythm guitar. I do a lot of home recording and got it so I could lay down bass tracks myself. I've never played bass for any period of time, but I was playing this like a pro almost right away. It almost plays itself and the sound is excellent. If you finger-pick on a guitar, use the same technique for intricate runs. A beautiful instrument and fun to play. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed it.

"The Ibanez GSR206 Bass" submitted May 19, 2012

By Andrew D in Vernon, NY
Overall
Musical Background: I play bass and a little bit of drums...ive been playin bass since i was seven.
Music Style: Metal..rock..slap...jazz....but ive become more of a melodic bass player.
Overall: I have owned this bass since January. It is one of the best you will get for this price range! Great out of the box! Shipped fast and Strings already put on. String are great but you will want a thinner gauge b string. Great for recording and live playing. VERY NICE TONE! HIGHLY SUGGESTED. The neck is very thin for a six string as well.

"Church Bass Player" submitted April 11, 2011

Musical Background: church bass player
Sound: I was a bit apprehensive switching from a four to a six string, but this baby has soothed all of my doubts. It is easy to play and the sound quality is amazing! The highs and mids are very nice but the bottoms are out of this world. The "boom" knob caused the windows to rattle in our midsized chuch. (I have a 200w Ampeg head and a 700w SWR cabinet w/ 4-10s in it.) In short, I'm not sure why this bass is priced so low but if you're looking to purchase it, you'd better get it now because I'm sure the price is going to go up. Manufacturer Support: This was my first dealings with ZZ Sounds but i WILL use them again! Ships fast!

"Great deal for what I paid" submitted April 6, 2013

By Bad Mofo in Indianapolis, IN
Musical Background: Been playing guitar and bass for over 20 years
Music Style: Rock, Metal and whatever
Overall: I bought a "blemished" model for $220 and it arrived looking brand new other than some finger smudges. The action is good, the sound is good and it looks good. There are only two downfalls to this bass - the low B is pretty floppy and it's neck heavy so you have to keep control of the neck or it will dive. Otherthan that I consider it a great deal for what I paid.

"GSR206 6 String Bass" submitted May 11, 2012

By Nayquawn L in Brooklyn , NY
Musical Background: Pro keyboardist bassist for a year
Music Style: Gospel neo soul r&b rock music
Overall: Its a starter 6 string bass the low B string is a lil floppy but manageable sound is a 7 out of ten it gets the job done nothing special i hate the finish it gets dirty to quick overall its a great bass to get started with the 6 string world chords sound crystal clear. i am gonna change the pre amp to a bassmods 3 band that will really make this bass sound awesome Good bass over all though just nothing special out the box sound wise.

"one of the best bass for me! bonito bueno barato!" submitted January 31, 2010

Overall
Music Style: jazz, salsa, rock, merengue
Sound: yo pienso q no existe bajos malos, solo existen diferencia en cual es mejor q otro pero la vdd un buen musico lo es con cualquier instrumento, solo q puede ser mejor, y es un buen instrumento y no tiene mal precio la vdd, digo si quieres algo mas profecional q este bajo pues gasta uno 500 dolares mas y tendras algo "mejor" la vdd estoy buscando un bajo de 5 o 6 cuerdas pero me e enamorado de este y no puedo pedirlo en mi pais por q no lo venden asi q lo mandare a pedir aun q salga en 200 dolares traerlo sale aun, mas barato q uno aqui de 6 cuerdas y que mas de la mitad de los de 5 cuerdas! pera mi es un exelente producto lo unico q tengo dudas es de el peso si alguien me puede ayudar ifbb_pro@hotmail.com Feature: como dije este bajo cuesta 299.99 y tiene neck maple! no es rosewood y eso le da un punto mas a su favor, aparte es 6 cuerdas y para mi gusto es muy bonito, me gustan los bajos de un solo color y con pickups anchos como los de este bajo y por estetica es justo lo q buscaba en un bajo y aparte tiene buenas partes, q mas puedes pedir por 299.99? Ease of Use: bn.... no lo tengo, todavia jaja pero por lo q se del producto debe oirse muuy bn y bueno si quieres aprender y necesitas comenzar pues es perfecto, es accesible, es bueno y es bonito! yo soy guitarrista y la vdd me siento incomodo con un bajo de 4 cuerdas y buscaba algo mas q eso y en panama 6 cuerdas no es una opcion jaja por lo caro, y me habia rendido y solo buscaba uno de 5 cuerdas pero 6 cuerdas! WAO puedo hacer escalas y tocar con libertad! sin qdarme con ganas Quality: ok... es ibanez es 6 cuerdas cuesta 299.99 tiene cuello de maple es hermoso! solo me qda comprarlo XD Value: bueno la vdd pienso q es exelente precio ademas no ecuentro algo parecido Manufacturer Support: bueno ...... no puedo opinar pero pongo 9 por q lo compro desde un lugar donde no lo venden The Wow Factor: pues... como se ve WAO! me encanto! Overall: ..... primero no lo tengo y estoy muy emocionado en tenerlo! segundo cuando lo tenga no lo soltare XD y no creo q lo pierda pero si algo le pasa creanme q lo compro denuevo, solo espero q no lo suban de precion jajaja

When you call, mention priority code 171K-NHD9. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976