When you call, mention priority code 171J-9B9Q

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez GSR200 Bass Guitar

The Ibanez GSR200 is a great bass for any skill level. With its thin, fast neck and PJ pickup configuration, the GSR200 sounds and feels as good as it looks.

"you'll be amazed with this Ibanez quality" submitted April 14, 2008

Overall
Sound: Notice the 4 knobs on this bass. You can go from a deep smooth full sound, to a punchy gain ALL with just the knobs on your guitar. I've been told by my band leader this sounds better than $2,000 basses Feature: solid knobs, solid recessed cable jack. Ease of Use: This bass is very lightweight and about the size of your average guitar. I transitioned from guitar, and had to learn bass in a week for a show. It worked, this bass just allows you to play. The string action is FULLY adjustable to what you want or the weather conditions, and the neck is solid and smooth. Quality: Please don't let this price or the word "beginner's" bass fool you. You are getting a quality instrument here from Ibanez. I am so amazed, and I think i'd prefer it over a big heavy overpriced fender any day. Value: $200 for a great sounding, fully adjustable, easy bass guitar...ready to be mastered by anyone. Overall: I have played 10 shows already with this bass. I have lended it to other bassists for shows. They love it, and I love it. If you polish this thing, it will look like an $800 Schecter or something. I'm a musician, buy this bass if you're smart and don't want the other companies pulling a grand out of you for no reason. I see no reason to move away from Ibanez bass.

"Pearl White Ibanez GSR200-Sexy looks and sexy sounds!" submitted March 18, 2007

Musical Background: 35 year pro
Music Style: 80's rock, rat pack, modern country, motown
Sound: As with most Ibanez basses, this one is very agressive and strong sounding. I love it! I own a 1983 Ibanez Roadstar, and this is like the 21st Century version of that! Mine's a Pearl White, and people in the club have mentioned to me that it's gorgeous! It is, too. I wasn't too crazy about an active set of pickups, but the boost really does make a difference. Feature: Once you learn how to use the boost, and blend the two pickups, you can make this one sound like any bass! Very nice. The bubinga body makes for a very musical, sustaining sound and the neck is fast and slim. 22 frets. Ease of Use: Easy to dial in great sounds. Quality: I have a pearl white one and the fit and finish are similar to a 1,200 dollar guitar or more. I love this guitar. I will use it from now on as my main instrument, the neck is so solid. Value: Fender, Epiphone, Yamaha, all the others can't touch this one for quality and sound. Ibanez just does it right! Manufacturer Support: Never needed them! The Wow Factor: Very sexy! Pearl white finish in a very futuristic shape, slim design with a narrow neck. Form a line, girls stud bass player here! Overall: I will not buy another bass. This one does it all for me. If it wears out I'll get another one. If it was stolen I'd buy another one. Next time though I'm getting a very nice gig bag with big pockets.
38 of 39 people (97.44%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"GREAT AWESOME guitar! Big review but trying to be extra helpful, read on!" submitted June 22, 2005

Overall
Musical Background: Hobbyist. Played Acoustic Guitar and bass for years as an escape.
Music Style: Classic Rock
Sound: Sound is nice, but definitely not high end. Remember to get a good amp though, that's where most of the sound will come from. Don't expect this bass to sound like the ones the performers record with. Even with that it has a nice clear sound, as good as I expected. Feature: Simple features, but that also makes it easy to use. Tone and volume knobs are simple but handy for good choice in sound. Tuners responsive and yet not too touchy. Nice to tune. Quality: Clean edges, beautiful straight neck that is made with well cut and smooth wood, nice tuners, and smooth tone and volume knobs. Really an amazingly constructed bass. Had great strings on it when I recieved it, and have stayed in tune quite nicely. Great quality. Value: Ten becuse everything here feels much nicer than the price. Though, It is still a mid range bass it gets a ten for value in that class. This is the best guitar for those who have a little experience under their belts but know they aren't going to end up in the studio. Bass is easy to learn and is wonderfully relaxing to play. Good for the soul and worth the price. Manufacturer Support: Have not needed to deal with support. Guitar was in great condition. They were nice with my questions before hand and some questions about another guitar as well. I sure hope they will stand up to the ten I give them out of trust. The Wow Factor: Get the red, I bought the blue and it is a modest good color without too much flash but I have seen the red since and that is the ONLY regret I have with this bass. Should've got the red!!! Only hesitation is buying online too. But it worked for me and I am pleased. Don't hesitate if you feel this will be right for you. Overall: As long as this thing lasts I'll have. It is very well contructed so I look forward to long years of low relaxing sound.

"Well Balanced BeginningBass" submitted January 8, 2008

Musical Background: Active Musican Band MAnager
Music Style: Metal, Grunge
Sound: I am quite pleased with the sound of this bass, it produces a full warm tone, and does so in a consistent manner .It does a very good job of covering most types of music.I play mostly metal and grunge,and I find that it can produce a pleasing chunky,punchy bass sound.I play with Monster Cables Feature: I cover this topic going from one end to the other-Headstock to Rear strap button Headstock;Tuners-The head stock comes in black, reguardless of the finsh selected.The truss rod cover slides to the right to allow acess to the truss rod.the tuners for the most part have a fairly smooth action, and do a good job at holding their tune. Neck-the neck features 22 frets, a rosewood fretboard(dark brown),and pearl white dot inlays.The body allows a fair ammount of clearance for acess to frets 17-22.the neck bolts directly onto the body.The back of the neck is a shallow 'C' curve, and easy to get around, with fast easy action Body-The body is two peice agthis, and comes in: black,transparent red (the one i own),blue,and-sigh-white.It has rounded edges ant a well countoured body that is very comfortable to play while sitting. Eletronics-The GSR 200 features a P-pickup and a J-pick up. I like this advantage in the price group and allows me to cover a greater frequency range.The "Knobage" as il like to call it, Includes 4 shiny little knobs 1.)Volume2.)Pickup selector3.)Tone control4.)A bass Boost Knob-no seirously.This bass has Active Eletronics.However I suggest that you replace the strap buttons with Dunlop Straploks to prevent "Mishaps" Ease of Use: With a little experementation with the "Knobage" You can produce a satisfying range of of sounds, and will cover most types of music well. I play with Peavy and Ampeg amps an they both sound good with both products.It is in all a very comfortable easy to use bass. Quality: The bass is built of fairly good qualty componets.Most of the componets fit securly in their housings and the scerws and bolts stay tight.With the excption of the tone knob which came lose within 15 miniutes of playing.This is am easy fix-I bought a new washer an nut at the local hardware store. Value: While I have made modificatons to my bass.The Standard Bass is a good value and investment Manufacturer Support: Ibanez backs up all their products w ith a 1 year limited waranty. The Wow Factor: The body design is fairly standard, nothing speical.However the red finish is quite attractive.It has a modern look and feel to it. Overall: Im about to invest in another Ibanez product. After owning this bas for 4 years.This Bass lives up to the Ibanez name and standard and is definatly worth the cost.In all the Ibanez GSR 200 is a well balanced, good qualty begining bass and will provide many years of enjoyable use.Durring prolonded use I have made adaptations and modifications to suit my needs. However with the standard features this bass holds it its own in its price range and is a solid well balanced bass.
14 of 15 people (93.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Sick" submitted September 15, 2007

Overall
Musical Background: Active musician,I am in a band.
Music Style: hardcore,metal,hard rock,jazz,techno,dance,alternative,emo...you name it i play it
Sound: The sound is great.You can play all kinds of music,i do and it sounds great. Feature: Mine came with a crappy cord.you are better off buying one seperately. Ease of Use: Its kinda easy to get the sound you want.It all really depends on you. Quality: Pickups couldve been a little better. Value: Its soooooooooooooooo worth it. Manufacturer Support: No service at all.ive had this thing for aout 3 years or so.its my first bass and i still use it to this day.i got into a band because of it. The Wow Factor: well i think that just depends on who your are and what styles you like.for me, i think its good. Overall: At this rate im gonna have this for another year or 2.Its smooth and its perfect for anyone just starting out.

"Great Starter Bass!" submitted March 10, 2010

Music Style: Rock, Metal, Blues
Sound: I am not an experienced bass player, but I would have to say that this bass sounds goods. It has a nice fat round bass tone, which works for most things. With good strings, this bass will resonate nicely. Feature: This bass has fairly typical features for a low end bass, but they are underwhelming. I don't get much out of the passive eq, tone, and volume controls. They are actually quite confusing, and don't seem to add to the tone much. Better to get them where you like them and leave them alone. Also, the knobs are all plasic, which is cheap. The wood used is something called 'agathis,' which turns out to be an evergreen wood, probably closer to pine than spruce. Ease of Use: This guitar sets up pretty easily, tunes easily, plays easily. Would be a 10 except for the eq, vol, tone. I think I would have preferred the more conventional cheap bass knobs with 2 volumes and a tone. That would be a lot easier to use, and probably just as effective. Quality: This is a very good quality beginner bass, but I have to take points off for the wood used. It really feels like it's made out of plastic (except neck and fretboard which are good). Until I looked 'amathis' up, I assumed it was a plastic body. I know the knobs are plastic. The tuning hardware is a metal of decent heft. Overall good quality for a starter bass, but not great quality when compared with more expensive basses. It seems fairly sturdy and would hold up well over time if one is careful with the hardware. Value: Okay, here is where this bass undeniably shines. It is a really good starter bass for the money. I wouldn't have any doubts about buying this as a starter bass for any beginner. Even used, I would think it would be a good starter. It is good for learning, and if it's played through a loud enough amp, it can even be used on stage. Manufacturer Support: Did not use. Benefit of the doubt. The Wow Factor: Not a sexy beast. This thing is attractive and functional, but I don't think anyone ever drools over a GSR200. It looks good enough from a distance though that someone might not be able to tell you a playing a cheap bass. But that is just saying that it's not ugly. It's not really desireable either. Overall: If this is your first bass, and you want something that can take a lot of play for not a lot of money, that is what this bass is for. You can learn on it, and even play on stage if you have enough amp. I could not seriously see someone buying this as a second bass or for a serious player. There are too many other things that you would want. (active eq, better wood, real chrome hardware, attractive fit and finish) If you want a good starter bass, this is it though. My only complaints being that the plastic knobs and the eq, vol, tone are no easy to use or particularly effective.

"great beginer bass" submitted February 1, 2005

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Overall
Music Style: death, black, heavy metal some Iron maidenish stuff too
Sound: I sounds awsome for 200 dollar bass. if only it had an active eq Quality: hats off to Ibanez. exept the neck is a little cheap. Value: great first bass. Manufacturer Support: never had a problem The Wow Factor: well I love how Ibanez basses look my newest one is the sr900 and they look the same Overall: Ibanez is the first and last bass company I will ever play I've had a carvin lb75f a shecter scorpion. none meet Ibanez.

"good through review " submitted May 29, 2008

By a customer from alltel.net
Music Style: rock and metal
Sound: the e string on the first fret seems a little close. so when you strum it it makes a metal on metal noise. other then that the sound is really good. weather you want a nice clean tone, or a punchy metal sound. this bass has it all. Feature: when i got my bass the bass knob was off and i had to go get it fixed. but other then that i love that you can control the bass, treble, mid, and volume right on the guitar. although it is kinda a hassle to have to change the batteries to get the pick ups you want. Ease of Use: this bass is one of the best i've played on. being able to get the sound you want is super easy. most of the time when i'm playing i usually use the knobs on the bass to change the sound. the only kinda bad thing is that it would be better if it had a little bigger range for bass, treble, and mid. Quality: as i said before the bass knob was kinda bad because it was off of the nut. but i went and got that fixed. i own a black one and it is a sexy beast. the finish on the guitar is excellent. the design is sleek and smooth. truly one of the best basses out there Value: this bass is one of the best in its price range. perfect bass couldn't have asked for anything better Manufacturer Support: i haven't had to call them yet. but i'm sure if i did they would be great help. The Wow Factor: this bass is one of the best designs and sexiest i've had. the smoothness of the finish and the back of the neck makes it easy to hold and to go up and down when you need to go fast. Overall: i'm probably not going to buy another bass. this one has it all. "sex appeal", great sound, easy to use. if mine broke i'd probably go and buy another one.

"Great bass at low price.. Check it out!" submitted April 19, 2010

Musical Background: Active musician, 2 bands
Music Style: Punk rock, rock, ska, reggae, blues
Sound: Great sounds, the 2 active pu's are very versatile Feature: Great bass with a gigbag and a cable, i had mine with many picks and it' s a present given to me by my girlfriend.. :D Ease of Use: Really easy.. I play Punk rock, rock, reggae/ska, blues and rockabilly.. No problem, this bass works! Quality: Great, tuners are awesome, the neck is fast, active pu's work very well and the finishes.. Well pearl white is great! Better than my fender jazz '77! Value: Well I live in Italy so my girlfriend paid it with euros.. Well anyway a great bass, better than more expensive ones! Manufacturer Support: I didn't need it The Wow Factor: Great finishes, great colour, great sound.. It looks a bit "old", just like Ibanez basses from ninetiees (I owned one when I was 17, 17 years ago and it had the same look of this one except for the color.. it was an awful black). I own many gears but this one is a special one, just like my tele '52 with seymour duncan! Overall: So.. You can be a beginner or a professional musician.. Check out this fantastic bass!

Ibanez GSR200 Bass Guitar Customer Review submitted June 15, 2005

By a customer from wmconnect.com
Musical Background: garage musician
Music Style: rock blues punk metal
Sound: This bass sounds good but it could use different strings and maybe a slight adjustment of the action. But for a first bass you can't beat it. Or if you're like me and starting over after almost 20 years, it is definitely better than what was available back when I used to play. Feature: The active eq is great and you don't usually see it in beginner basses. Value: You won't find a better bass for the money. Period Manufacturer Support: Ibanez makes fantastic instruments, this bass is no exception. The Wow Factor: This is a sharp bass. Mine is black and you can see yourself in the reflection. Overall: For a beginner or advanced player, this is an excellent bargain. Starter bass price, with features you find on more expensive basses. If you are considering this bass, hesitate no longer. It's well worth the money.

"Great Bass For Bucks!!!"

Music Style: Nu-Metal
Sound: The sound is good...very much my style but my experience using a jackson bass tell me that this ibanez bass is slightly behind jackson in terms of sound... Quality: Been using it for a year and it is still as good as new...I guess it all depends on the owner though... Value: This bass has a sentimental value to me...Won't sell it for anything... Manufacturer Support: Very easy to reach as there is a supplier near my place...hahaha Overall: This bass is great to me overall...Love it hahaha

" Ibanez GSR200 Electric Bass " submitted June 11, 2014

By Christie B in Smithtown, NY
Overall
Musical Background: 20 years playing guitar, singer/songwriter circuit, then learning bass for a new giggingband
Music Style: folk, old-time jazz, singer/songwriter
Overall: I am very happy with my purchase of the Blue Ibernez Bass.I ordered from Zzounds. It an it showed up in less than 24 hours and it came with a little cord even (not great one but ok) and it looked great and sounded awesome. Very pleased.

"GSR Soundgear 200" submitted December 8, 2006

Music Style: Punk, Alternative, Rock
Sound: I love the sound, it's right up there with basses of a much higher price. If fat and punchy is the sound your looking for, this is the bass you need. Feature: With the active pickups, 2 volume, 1 tone, and bass boost, this is one of the best basses in it's class. Ease of Use: This bass has a really slim neck, with makes it very easy to play. Quality: This product is very solid, it does have a minior problem with the knobs being loose, but thats an easy fix. Value: For this monney, you won't find a better sounding or playing bass. Manufacturer Support: I don't really know about support. The website does offer information and parts, plus warrenty info, so i'm guessin they care about customer relations. The Wow Factor: I've been stalking this bass for months. so yea, i want it. Overall: This is a great bass, and it's a keeper. Remeber, always take your new instrements to be set up after you buy them.

"Best bass for the money beats a squier anyday!" submitted April 4, 2006

Musical Background: Play in a local band
Music Style: General rock/Alternative
Sound: When i started playing bass i had a loan of a squier jazz bass which i was happy enough with. Then after playing this i was blown away the amount of diferent sounds i could get was unbeivable compared to the squier. Jazz pick-up buzzes quietly for some reason now though. Feature: Came ready to play what else can i say. Ease of Use: Getting different sounds is simple. And i love the slim neck Quality: Feels light but very solid. Value: Nothing in this price range is better. Believe me! Manufacturer Support: Havent needed them. The Wow Factor: Looks amazing mine is blue. But the red is stunning as you can see the grain of the wood threw it. Overall: Im vers sattisified with this bass. If i go to buy another bass it wit probably be an Ibanez. I wouldnt be able to live without active pickups anymore.

"simple" submitted January 18, 2009

By a customer from netzero.com
Music Style: Alternative,Rock
Sound: Can't really say much other than the fact that sounds pretty good for 200$. My teacher has a 800$ custom ESP and this thing destroys his in sound quality Feature: Pros It came with a wire Cons said wire was garbage solution Buy a new wire as you buy this Ease of Use: Now back to my teachers ESP bass, the main problem I had learning with his was because the neck on it was really fat an I have big hands. Now when I got this bass that problem was completely solved thanks to the really thin neck. I have to say Absolutely No one should have any problems learning to play with this bass. The only real problem I had with the manual was with the neck bow, the way it's written makes it seem as if the neck is supposed to be flat which would cause major fret buzz, and that's why you do research. Quality: Pictures never do any product justice, but when i first looked at it I thought my order got mixed up with someone else, the finish was great, nothing was loose, and it keeps it's tuning pretty well. It looks like it is supposed to be 500$ Manufacturer Support: Never needed them The Wow Factor: Looks great in black

"Beautiful bass. Great guitar for the money." submitted March 31, 2004

Overall
Music Style: Rock, Funk, Jazz and Blues.
Sound: Great sound for a beginner bass. I just recently purchased it from Guitar Center as my first bass. There is a little fret buzz but is not that big of a deal. Pickups came in great condition, and i loved the range in controls. Feature: The amp is great, nothing big, but it has a nice clear tone once it is adjusted. The strap and gig bag are not top quality, but aren't horrible. They get the job done. Quality: Excellent quality. The screws were all bolted on tight. No scratches or marks. A great bass for its prcie range. I would expect to pay $400 for the guitar alone. Value: Definetly worth it. No flaws except the fret buzz. The transparent red looks beautiful under any kind of light. The cool thing is that the paint is transparent so you can see the wood underneath. Manufacturer Support: Have not had any problems at all. Never had to use support. The Wow Factor: Very nice, no complaints. Overall: I will have this bass for another 3 or 4 years until I get better and want a beteer sound. For now, it is perfect.

"This bass is worth the $200 but Ibanez could fix a few features on it. If your looking for a cheaper bass i recomend this one ov" submitted March 17, 2011

Musical Background: Play bass in a jam band
Music Style: it ranges but rock.
Sound: The sound is okay but i have heard better. Definetly good sounding for a 200 dollar bass. Feature: It did not come with accessories other than a cable witch does work good. I wish that it included a strap. The pick ups are pretty good. It could use better strings though. Ease of Use: The sound of the bass isnt the best but it is pretty good for a 200 dollar bass. Quality: When I recieved mine it had some messed up paint on the back. The neck was also floating above the body in the front it was not fully connected. Value: This bass is definetly worth the 200 dollars you pay for it. Manufacturer Support: I have not dealt with the company but i recieved the bass within 5 days. The Wow Factor: The pearl white color is very nice looking i also like the chrome hardware. Overall: I atleast expect 2-3 years for this product to last.

"Fire in the sky" submitted March 3, 2005

By a customer from one.net
Musical Background: Hobbyist/Active Musician
Music Style: Rock - Shinedown, Breaking Benjamin, Default etc...
Sound: Good variety and great tone. I have the newer one with the active eq boost and it really allows your sound to explode. Feature: Active eq boost, good controls, hold tune, easy to adjust bridge Quality: Beautiful finish (I have the trans red), good tuners, solid bridge - could not ask for much more for the price. Value: If you can find anything better for less it is probably hot. Manufacturer Support: Have not used - but web site offers more info than most. The Wow Factor: The pictures do not look as good as the real thing - very good looking axe and sounds great. Overall: Will probably last longer than me. Would purchase again.

"Sexiest Deal for the Sexiest Bass!" submitted February 4, 2008

Musical Background: Active Musician, Bassist for a Band
Music Style: Rock, Alternative, and some sort of melow Alman Brothers sound
Sound: The sound is great, it's crisp and clear with no buzz at all! Feature: I'm not sure if it mentions this but, it has live/active pickups! Which are great! If you are in a band or play the bass in your school band, (whenever you have to be quiet) turn the volume down on your amp because you have to turn all three of the pickup knobs to have your bass quiet. Ease of Use: There neck is is slightly longer then a medium neck, but it's not a problem, I just have short arms. Quality: This bass looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice in red!!!!!!!!!! If you get a bag or case for it you set for life. If you don't get one (why wouldn't you?) you just need to be careful that you don't hit the bottom of the guitar because the thing you plug the wire into will come loose. Value: For $200 this is one of the greatest deals you can find! Manufacturer Support: I haven't had problems with the bass, but I contacted Ibanez before I bought it. They were a great help, easy to reach and very patient. The Wow Factor: This is one of the sexiest basses out there, especially in red! Overall: I plan to play this bass for many years to come, even when I get a new bass.

"A good value, says one gigging professional" submitted December 28, 2004

By a customer from shreve.net
Music Style: Rock and Country
Sound: For an inexpensive bass guitar, the GSR 200 is a pretty good axe. I have owned other Ibanez guitars and basses, and am always impressed at how much one gets for the price. Feature: All the hardware on the GSR200 is okay, except the nut, which is cheap plastic. It makes it difficult to affect a good setup of this instrument. I have to set the string height a bit higher than I would otherwise prefer. Quality: The tuners seem fine. Neck and body are okay, too, for such an inexpensive bass. There is a little gap that I wish was not there -- between the fretboard and body. It's a little unsightly. The body was cut-out too deep, by about 1/8 inch. The finish is nice. It is called "Butterscotch Transparent." It gets compliments from other musicians. Value: Compared to other basses that list near the GSR 200 list price, the Ibanez rates a very good value. The Wow Factor: It looks good and it's not very heavy. Weight becomes important after a couple live sets per night! Overall: I bought the GSR 200 as a second bass. It would be good enough to use as a first if something happened to my main axe -- at least for a while.

"You get what you pay for" submitted December 23, 2009

Music Style: Heavy/Thrash Metal, Hardcore Punk, Hard Rock
Sound: Very nice sounding, but a little "scratchy" sounding and it isn't very versatile. It isn't very "booming". Feature: Just came with a bass. It has four knobs, 2 for pickup volume, 1 for overall volume and one for tone. The tone knob barely does anything. The strings it comes with are very nice. Ease of Use: Very comfortable. The neck is very thin, so it's easier to get to the frets on the far left. The body shape makes it incredibly comfortable to use while sitting down. Quality: Very, very high quality instrument. The finish is very shiny and glossy and doesn't scratch easily. I scraped it against the edge of my belt buckle once and it didn't do anything to the finish. It's very durable. The only thing that's low quality about this bass is the tone knob. Value: You get what you pay for, but nothing more. Manufacturer Support: Never needed repairs. The Wow Factor: It looks amazing. The finish is very shiny and the design is nice looking. Overall: It's a good, entry-price bass. It's good for now, but I feel like I'll need a better bass in the next six months or so.

"Just another bass, but a nice one" submitted February 21, 2010

Overall
Musical Background: channel to the rock pantheon
Music Style: musical
Sound: I think it sounds good. It's a bass, it's all about good pickups and setting the strings right. Feature: I'm still getting the hang of what to do with the little knob, but in general I just turn it on and turn it up. Ease of Use: Turn it on turn it up. Quality: Maybe it was a factory screwup, I dunno, but when I got mine out of the box it had serious fretbuzz issues. Annoying, but fixable. Once I got the strings to stop knocking into the fretboard I was very happy with its playability. Value: I've played cheaper basses, I've played thousands dollar basses older than I am. I can't say this one is much of a standout but it doesn't suck on the electronics, and it is cheap, so in that respect, I think it's value is good. I think the value of a bass is more in the player than the brand or model. I like it and it's reliable, just took a while to set up and it's all good. Manufacturer Support: never tried The Wow Factor: it does look pretty sexy IMO Overall: what i like most about it: it's a bass what i like least about it: it's still just a bass

"Bass Rocks!" submitted June 4, 2003

By a customer from yahoo.co.uk
Music Style: Rock, Funk, blues, Jazz
Sound: This is an amazingly fresh sharp sound, excellent for a bit of slap. It does lose one point however for the lack of warmth at the low end of the tone range. Feature: It has all the features I need - sharp and dull. Too many guitars these days have umpteen dozen knobs and switches to make marginally different sounds. I especially like the seperate volume controls for each pickup. Quality: The finish is great, no loose parts, feels very sturdy and the action is perfect. Value: An amazing buy for the range. I got this guitar in exchange for a vintage musicman which I thought was the best I'd played for the price range, but the quality on the Ibanez is superb for the price. Manufacturer Support: Ibanez are s@@t hot. The Wow Factor: Smoooth..

"solid bass" submitted February 26, 2014

By scott sperry in baldwinsville, NY
Musical Background: guitar/bass/keyboards/vocals 15 years
Music Style: rock/metal/blues
Overall: solid built/solid sound the "tone pump" is fully adjustable so if you dont like the boost you can turn it down i run it in the middle alot of tone options you wont hear what this bass is capable of unless you change the strings(ghs bass boomers worked well) it comes with 45-105 strings mine has the maple fretboard but thats just my preference

"Definitely wont regret this!" submitted May 23, 2006

Music Style: Hardcore, Screamo
Sound: I really like how this bass guitar sounds like for only being $200 it sound really exspensive! Feature: the features are great. i really like having the bass booster knob on it. Ease of Use: This is super easy and fun to play. Quality: One of the knobs came loose on me a couple of times but i fixed that up really easy. it sounds great after i adjusted the truss rod. Value: I have played a couple of expensive basses and i actually like the way mine feels and sounds a lot better! Manufacturer Support: I never needed support The Wow Factor: i really like the transparent butterscotch that i have. Overall: GReat Guitar!

"Guitar Center is LAZY, but I got a decent bass" submitted January 31, 2010

Musical Background: i rock
Music Style: shao-lin temple style
Sound: The pickup sound is good. I run it through a pretty straight signal and I have no gripes. Feature: It doesnt really include accessories or anything like that, just a bass. I have fingers, and a cord and an amp I don't think it needs much else. Maybe picks. Ease of Use: I played the floor model, which was great. I got the boxed one home and found out that the setup was so bad I almost wanted to just take it back. strings so low the fret buzz was virtually unlistenable, and intonation off by almost a half step. Yeah I fixed it but I could see where a beginner or non-technically inclined bssist would get pretty discouraged by the nuiciance of it. I wish they could have just sold me the floor model and saved me the trouble of screwing around with it all night. But once its set up it works just fine. Quality: It weighs less than my Ibanez Rg120 guitar. It feels like it may as well be balsa wood. It is kind of delicate feeling. The pickups themselves are good, but the body is kind of meek. It doesnt feel like a big heavy battle axe like I usually expect from my basses. Value: I'm sure the extra 50-100 bucks spent on a beefier bass would be well spent, but the electronics are sturdy enough and the sound is good. It's just a bass, yknow? It makes bassy sounds, and (when set up right) is easy enough to play. I don't really consider it a work of art so much as a 'get the job done' kind of tool. Manufacturer Support: never use it = middle rating The Wow Factor: This is kind of messed. I WANTED the one I played on the floor, the one I got was dug out from the warehouse. Theoretically the same bass, but I guess they only bother to set up the one they show the customer, then give them some troglodyte to take home. It really pissed me off. This could be a good guitar, but I wanted it working, without ANY worry. I WANTED to take it home and rock out with it. Instead I took it home and performed field surgery on it. We don't buy brand new cars just to take them in to a mechanic do we? Overall: After I fixed it I got no beef. It doesnt buzz much, It doesnt complain when spanked. The electronics are working fine I don't envision having to solder it. On the downside, it was a pain getting it to quit fretbuzzing when I got it home. It's a bass. The best basses just sound nice and clean and bass-ish. It doesn't need bodyweight tone so much as a nice amp to go through and it will do what it was meant to do.

"Great bass for begginers" submitted November 28, 2003

Music Style: rock, heavey metal
Sound: The sound is quite good i like it anyways.... At my school my music instructor has this bass and i use it i like it very much sound is a 9 Feature: I reall like the 2 knobs to control the front and back pick ups Quality: My music instructor has had this bass for about 5 years and only real problem was it needed a new set of strings... Value: 200$ for this bass is about the best deal i've heard in a long time Manufacturer Support: Never used it but assume its good The Wow Factor: I'd really rather have this than my washburn xb100 but of well i also have a jackson CA5 Overall: I xpect to be satisfied for at least 5 years or so

"Really Great Bass" submitted October 13, 2008

Overall
Sound: The tonality control is great, the sound as a good pitch. Ease of Use: The knob are not identified (to give a better look) but there is just 4 so it take several hour to get use to it Quality: Again the knob, the were to low, so with the time the may let their mark on the body Value: For 200$ it's very good ! Manufacturer Support: It's an Ibanez so I assume the support will be great Overall: This bass will last long !

"Great quality, Great price" submitted October 3, 2012

Overall
Sound: vary versatile sound, great for any type of music, picks up every little note, vary responsive, stock strings need to be replaced, other than that its great Feature: vary solid tuners, multiple volume and tone control knobs to get the exact tone you want, comes with a short amp cable, not a high quality cable but it was an added little bonus Ease of Use: plug and play, no assembly required Quality: for $200 i was vary surprised of the quality of this guitar, vary sturdy and straight neck, solid body , solid volume and tone knobs, solid input jack, vary smooth finish Value: value is unmatched. at first i was extremely sceptical about buying a bass for $200 i assumed it was gonna be just a cheap toy, but this is a quality instrument that i plan to keep for many years Manufacturer Support: haven't needed them so far with this particular instrument but I've worked with Ibanez manufacturer support before and they are great. The Wow Factor: the appeal is outstanding, I choose the white and it looks great, the finish is perfect, one good looking bass Overall: Excellent bass for the money, flawless finish, smooth fret board, great sound overall vary great bass guitar for the price range. I hesitated buying this one for a while and no i wish i would have gotten it sooner, this is one you wont regret buying!

Ibanez GSR200 Bass Guitar Customer Review submitted February 19, 2009

Music Style: Mteal baby!
Sound: Not bad sound. but if you want a jazz sound this is for you. Feature: 10/10 Ease of Use: 10/10 easy to use! Quality: 10/10 Value: Price is a 100/10 The Wow Factor: ehh i would go for a squire P bass

"Great bass for the price, good for beginners" submitted November 3, 2005

Music Style: alt.
Sound: rich deep and smooth Feature: basic but is good for the price Quality: it's just fine when it comes to my tastes Value: great price for a beginners bass Manufacturer Support: haven't had any problems to have to experience the service The Wow Factor: works like a charm Overall: until my sis breaks it or i get a huge gig this one is mine til the end

Ibanez GSR200 Bass Guitar Customer Review submitted December 21, 2005

By a customer from att.net
Music Style: Rock, Metal
Sound: It's sound quality is very good. I was amazed that at this price, It sounds so clear. I can slap it and it sounds good, it has a wide range of sounds to select thanks to the tone knob and the P and J pickups. It sounds good for slapping, playing with a pick, and fingerstyle. It doesn't make much fretnoise either. Feature: It had all the features I needed. As I put before, it has a tone knob, a P pickup knob, a J pickup knob, and a Phat II EQ knob which lets me combine the sounds of the P pickup and J pickup. Quality: It sounds good for it's price. It's not cheap sounding like other basses around this price. It's good for any type of music you want to play. It feels sturdy and the paint and gloss job looks nice. It's good for throwing around while playing too. Another thing is it's lighter and has a skinnier neck than most basses making it easier to play. Value: It's worth it's price. I'd buy this over some $400-$500 basses. The Wow Factor: It has a sexy look to it. It looks very good and comes in 3 different nice looking glosses. It feels really good and just fits in my hands perfect. It's genious how it could have this many features and sounds for it's price. Overall: I'm very satisfied with this bass. It's way better than other basses for it's price. The other basses at this price range are stupidly heavy and big. I chose it because it was the best in it's price range,looked the best, and sounded the best. It helps me achieve all the sounds I want when playing it. I'd replace it if i was lost or stolen. This will hold me over until I decide to get an upgrade.

"WHAT A GREAT BASS!!!!" submitted December 3, 2005

Overall
Musical Background: me and my friends are in high school and started a band.
Music Style: deffinately rock.......and some jazz , but mostly rock. yeah rock!!!!
Sound: The sound is great for new and old audiences. brings a smile to my face when i played it. Feature: has all the features and more fore the moderate bass player. Quality: great quality. ive always been a fan of Ibanez Value: I'd pay double for it!!! Manufacturer Support: havent had a problem yet The Wow Factor: the long neck kinda looks like a penis it doesnt turn me on too much Overall: its great and will probably last me years.

"You wont be dissapointed!" submitted April 13, 2005

Overall
Sound: This is a great bass the bassist in our band John catlin has it and it just sounds great and plays like a dream. the tone outta this thing is just so good. Feature: Its features are pretty nice the pickups are good however they could be improved. Quality: just amazin! Value: great value for such a bass it could be professional Manufacturer Support: i dont no The Wow Factor: so good lookin the red finish is awsome it is just electric Overall: sooo good i could eat it!

Ibanez GSR200 Bass Guitar Customer Review submitted January 26, 2008

Overall
Music Style: Metal, Classic rock, ect.
Sound: sounds great for the price range Quality: This thing will stand up to anything, stays in tune forever and is extremely durble Value: amazing guitar for the price

"Great Deal" submitted July 19, 2004

By a customer from hot.rr.com
Music Style: Nu Metal
Sound: Great Sound based on the price. If you want $2000 sound, buy a $2000 bass. This is $600 sound for $205. Quality: Ibanez Value: Great Bass for the price. Manufacturer Support: Haven't required support

"Great bass for an old man who's just starting to play the bass...or any other beginning to intermediate player." submitted September 4, 2005

By a customer from aros.net
Overall
Musical Background: Old fart who decided to start playing the bass...no other playing experience
Music Style: Rock, rockabilly, blues...as long as it has a good bass line
Sound: This is my first musical instrument ever (at the age of 56) so I can't compare it to other instruments. But comparing it to recorded music....well, I have no complaints except for the strings. I replaced the factory strings with flat wound strings and it sounded and played much more to my liking. Feature: Not too many accessories came with it, but at the price, I didn't expect any. I'm not real crazy about the location of the tuning machines, but they were easy enough to get used to. Quality: The quality (except for the strings) seems real good to me. So much so that when I wanted a fretless bass, I bought another Ibanez. In 18 months I haven't had any problems with the 200. I pick it up and play it. I don't even think about problems. Value: I thought (and still do) that it was a great deal for the price. I bought it along with a Behringer practice amp and the price was something I could afford and I've never regretted spending the money. Manufacturer Support: I never needed any support. I guess that's a good thing. The Wow Factor: Well, when I saw it and read the description, features and price, I wanted it right away. I guess you could say that's desireable. Overall: I have no plans to replace this instrument with another 4-string fretted bass. It's just fine for me. If I lost it, I'd probably buy another one just like it.

"Bungo Cheese!" submitted February 22, 2008

By a customer from mail.uri.edu
Music Style: Jazz, Rock, Electro
Sound: Solid Sound for the money Feature: You get the bass, and... the bass, not much more to it, a couple of knobs, other than that it's very basic.. but good Ease of Use: Very easy to use... haha its a bass! very low cost and little to be done before your playing, great beginners bass Quality: Made excellently for the price, Ibanez does a good job for the product prices they put out there Value: I would have to say if you want a new bass for your first bass, and don't have any cash but want the hardware... buy this thing Manufacturer Support: No Experience The Wow Factor: Very Sexy

"Good sound, good looking, good price what more can you ask for." submitted April 14, 2007

Overall
Sound: This is a good product if you want to get a nice deep sound. it works wonder for any type of you music you play and can take a serious beating. Feature: The bass boost and knobs make this one user friendly bass. Ease of Use: With this bass you are always one knob turn away from a a different tone. Quality: Nice qaulity for its price. Value: Very nice for its price and it will be with you for awile. Manufacturer Support: Never had to. The Wow Factor: This bass is a beaut. Ihave recieved a lot of compliments an the looks and the sound also. Overall: This is a great first bass and for its price , well worth it.

"You get what you pay for" submitted May 4, 2007

Musical Background: Bassist
Music Style: Hardcore, Death Metal, Metalcore, Metal, Rock
Sound: You get what you pay for with this bass. It's the next step up from a begginer bass. I would recommend this to anyone who has played for about a year to a year and a half. Feature: Nothing broke for exactly a year that I have had it. Ease of Use: It made such a difference to the Fender Squire P-Bass. It sounded great at the time. As I had said I recommend this to a year to about a half a year bass players. It hooks up to the amp and you play, what I had to do was mess around with my amp to get a really cool sound. Quality: For the money, you get what you pay for. The bass didnt break or scratch within the year I had it. Value: Its good for begginers and for one years of experience. Manufacturer Support: I didnt call for anything or have to deal with the company. The Wow Factor: Its ALOT cooler than it looks in that stupid picture up there. It looks red with the wood grained under it, or See-Thru Red. It was a suprise when I first bought it. Overall: After a year nothing was wrong, of course the regular 3 months of string changing

"Best value for the dollar" submitted January 4, 2008

By a customer from bellsouth.net
Overall
Musical Background: pro artist and music educator
Music Style: rock, blues, jass and electronic
Sound: best value for price. I have $2500.00 bass and I enjoy jamming and kicking around with this one. I can get it to sound very much like both my Fender basses. Neck is very thin but fast.

"Excellent bass." submitted January 26, 2006

Musical Background: Active Musician, Producer
Music Style: Ska, Brit Pop, Punk
Feature: I love the bass boost. Value: By far the best bass you can purchase for the price. If you are on a budget and need a bass, look no further. However, you will need to raise the bridge a bit because the strings ride pretty low.... it buzzes. But it is easy to do and worth it. Don't make that stop you from buying it. Manufacturer Support: Never needed to use it, so I will give it a 10 Overall: I wont be purchasing another bass unless I discover this place I heard about where people can roll in money.

"my review" submitted January 15, 2006

By a customer from optonline.net
Musical Background: bass player
Music Style: rock & greenday
Sound: it is an excellent bass, but if you play with a pick, make sure to check the e and a strings often, because they can become flat very easily, also, a pick guard might be nice...

"IBANEZ ROX!!! START BAND W/ THIS!!" submitted October 12, 2007

Overall
Sound: The sounds very expressive and perfecto for emo or songs like My Chemical Romance play. Feature: Baaaaaaad cord, buy 1 separately Ease of Use: Best 4 beginnas. I am 11 and soon starting a punk rock band. Quality: I only bought it from a different place yesterday!! Value: Worth the money! Manufacturer Support: OH nothing happened yet like I said I got it yesterday!!!!! The Wow Factor: My BFF has a bass exactly like this one and I thought it was cool!! Overall: Best bass ever.

Ibanez GSR200 Bass Guitar Customer Review submitted March 1, 2005

Overall
Sound: hums a bit when you let off fron touching the guitar, no real way to change the sound on the guitar, tone knobs arent very effective, but sounds pretty good Feature: not too many features, its a guitar, so can only have so much, but good anyways Quality: very well made, solid, feels good, knobs come off sometimes, can be fixed though Value: AWESOME value Manufacturer Support: never needed to call The Wow Factor: very nice looking, good feel

"all around sound" submitted December 16, 2003

Overall
Sound: it sounds best on an amp-good bass for price-good beginner bass. Frets 1-5 rattle alot, but I can get that fixed at the srore I got it at. It gets the point accross and sound good doing it. Feature: 3 pick-ups great feature Quality: Vibration between the frets and the strings at the top of the neck. I've taken it an the road and I've had it for 6 months and it is still in great shape. Will last for a long time. Value: very good deal Manufacturer Support: n/a The Wow Factor: deap color really works well- sexy red and blue, black works with anything. Overall: Im always looking, but that does'nt mean I don't like it. I'll probably always have it even when I do get my new one

"Good sounding and versitile Bass for the price, thin neck plays easily." submitted January 27, 2005

Overall
Sound: Versital Bass. Does have active electronics (takes a 9 volt battery) Thinner neck is fun and fast, have always had P-Bass style before this one. Great sound for the price. May need minor set up adjustments to minimize string buzz. Good range of sound allowed with the dual pick ups and EQ.

"High reccomendations." submitted November 3, 2007

Overall
Musical Background: Jam-band bass player.
Music Style: Blue Psychemedal (the Jimi Hendrix Experience+White Zombie)
Sound: Sounds great, and has a very flexible range. You can go from metal to blues, all in perfect control. Feature: Bring Your Own Cord Ease of Use: Like I said, this is great to play for a large range of sounds. It gives the musician complete control over the sound. Quality: Definitely one of the best I've ever seen. Manufacturer Support: I don't own it. I don't know. The Wow Factor: Well, of course, being really into bass and being able to play this guitar a lot, I would love to have it, but to just anybody, it looks pretty normal. Still, this is the bass that Poseidon plays. Overall: It's great.

"IF YOU ARE THINKIN OF BUYIN A BASS WIT GREAT SOUND BUY DIS ONE. READ BOUT WAT I THINK OF IT." submitted November 10, 2007

Musical Background: HOBBY
Music Style: PUNK,BLUES
Sound: THE SOUND IS INCREDIBLE. IT GIVES THE AMP. A TRIP TO HEAVEN. Feature: I BOUGHT MY BASS ALONE WIT NO FEATURES BUT I HAVE HEARD GREAT THINGS ABOUT IT FROM PEOPLE WHO HAVE HAD IT. Ease of Use: THE TUNERS ARE EASY AND MAKE IT VERY SIMPLE TO TUNE UR BASS OR CHANGE THE STRINGS Quality: IT HAS A GREAT DURABLE FRETBOARD Value: IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH DA $$ Manufacturer Support: I HAVE HAD IT FOR A MONTH BUT FROM WAT IVE SEEN I LOVE IT. The Wow Factor: IT HAS THE SLEAK AND SEXIE LOOK TO THE RED. Overall: dIS IZ MY 1ST BASS BUT I HAV PLAYED OTHERS BT NONE OF THEM PLAYED QUITE LIKE DIS ONE.I HIGHLY RECCOMEND IT.

"Ibanez's top selling begginer/experienced bass." submitted November 14, 2004

By a customer from rock.com
Musical Background: Professional player
Music Style: Alternative
Sound: Although there is fret 'buzz' in a band it is the harmonizer. It sounds incredible with any guitar. I own a few bass guitars and they are good, but this one really goes with any kind of setup. Feature: I have everything set up for it. The only problem I have is with the strings. When I got it I quickly found out that I had to replace them and as quick as possible. Otherwise, everything on it is perfect. Quality: I'll say between every bass I had, this one is incredibly light, packable, the neck is perfect for beginners, the body is set up for any skill level. I have been playing the bass ever since I was a kid and this one just blows the water. It is killer fast and very durable. Some have had problems. I play this bass real hard and this thing never once scratched, never broke a fret line, no problem with the pickups, and the sound makes it all worth the while. I just think that those who have the problems need to learn how to play rather than fool around. Mine has stayed clean and scratch free even though I dropped it, bashed it into studio equipment(all an accident), and even had water on it. The quality stays the same. Value: For the money amount, I would say it's well worth it. Manufacturer Support: I love the setup I never had a problem with Ibanez. The Wow Factor: I couldn't help it. When I seen this on the net, I wanted it so bad. It looked hella cool in the black color and that's the color I chose. Overall: Don't lose hope. This bass is good for beginners like my sister and great for experts like me.

"rockin bass" submitted June 28, 2007

By a customer from aim.com
Music Style: punk,pop etc blink 182,green day
Sound: i play in a pop punk band and man this thing has nice low end....,but i dont like that you have to change the batteries fo the active electronics sweet bass! Feature: the active electronics rock! they add fatlow-end and punchy high-end Ease of Use: simple!!!!!!!!!!!! Quality: ive owned the thing for 6 months, and not one problem!!! Value: the best for your money Manufacturer Support: i dont know,i've never had to contact Ibanez The Wow Factor: good looking bass Overall: i am satisfied. its not the best bass out there,but its one of them!

"great bass" submitted May 3, 2007

Musical Background: hobby
Music Style: punk
Sound: very deep and sexy........it has some nice low end punch to it also Feature: the bass boost.......very nice feature..... Ease of Use: the neck is the slimest and fastest neck i have ever played....it is also very versitile as far as sound Quality: tight screws, no scratches, great sound quality, versitile, sexy sexy finish Value: for this bass i would have expected to pay 600 but it was 200.......another amazing bass from IBANEZ Manufacturer Support: never used it The Wow Factor: does not have an amazing looking.....very basic....but i love the finish......the head is a bit nubby though i would expect somthing more masculant like fender heads....great look overall though Overall: a VERY long time

"Great value for all the tone and sweet action. The out-of-the-box setup wasn't bad, and that's coming from a bass builder." submitted August 14, 2004

By a customer from flex.com
Overall
Music Style: Improv Jazz rock funk.
Sound: A good broad range of tones. The Wow Factor: The Jewel Blue is very yummy!

"Beginner or Seasoned Bass Player, don't overlook this bass." submitted May 5, 2009

Musical Background: Active Musicain
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Alternative
Sound: The sound rage on this bass is just extraordinary. I can get the deep deep tones to play those heavy bass lines or I can turn it into a very "light" sounding slap and pop bass. The sound that comes out of this bass has just blown me away. Feature: Some people might say that the 4 knobs is a bit excessive, but I think that it's wonderful. It gives you so many different sounds to experiment with. Ease of Use: Whether you're playing heavy rock, jazz, or blues this bass can get the sound you need. It's all right there within the bass itself as well, no need for fancy pedals or other modifiers. Quality: I have been using this bass for almost 5 years now and while it has received minor scratches and dings, it is still playing like the first day I bought it. I am truly impressed at what this bass has survived and how it still continues to play perfectly. Value: For what it is, $200 bucks is a steal. Sure, you can always find a better bass out there, but for what your paying, this is a beginers dream. You can get a high quality bass and start playing for a mere $200 dollars. Even if you're not a beginner, this bass is still not one to pass up if you're just looking for a cheap bass that you can haul around everywhere and not have to worry about it breaking down on you. Manufacturer Support: I have not delt with Ibanez for any problems at all so I can't be of much help here, but the way I see it, thats a good thing. This bass has held together so well over 5 years of use that i haven't needed to contact them for parts or service. The Wow Factor: It's a slick bass. It's also pretty simple. It dosnt attract a whole lot of attention, but then again, if you're just starting out, do you really need a whole lot of attention...? Overall: My first bass and 5 years later I am still playing it. A great product, deffenetly worth the pickup if you need another bass or you are just looking to get into playing.

"I wouldn't go with less." submitted November 13, 2004

Music Style: Alternative
Sound: I think this is the best bass I have played with. I had a Fender P-Bass and the pickups were horrible. Feature: I also got an Ibanez amp and a tuner from the deal and I thought they helped better. Quality: It sounds perfect, It's slick and easy to carry, and best of all you don't even need an amp to hear it play when you're at home. Value: I definentally think this bass and it's price is well worth it. Manufacturer Support: I have bought many Ibanez products and I never had a problem with any of the products. The Wow Factor: It's "sex appeal" was what originally caught my eye. It's slick design with it's slender neck. It's an eye catcher for sure. Overall: My band and I are actually starting to get popular here and I use this bass to play. It sounds perfect and it plays beautifully. I wouldn't go with less.

"SEXY BASS" submitted July 9, 2008

Overall
Sound: I just got mine today, and the sound is amazing. My only problem is the rattle on the e-string, but it isnt too bad. Feature: I didnt get anything extra, but i dont want anything extra. Ease of Use: I have been playing non-stop for the past few hours and im already used to it. I love how i can adjust the tone, i couldnt on my old one. Quality: It seems like it will last longer than my last one, ive had my old one for a few years and finally decided to step up. It seems perfect for any use and is made perfectly. Value: It is too good to be true that it is $200, but it is and the world is lucky. Manufacturer Support: i havent, but i bet they would be great The Wow Factor: I chose the red and it is a sexy beast. It was a tough decision for me between the black and the red. Im glad i went with the red. I showed it to some people and they were amazed at how hot it is. Overall: I expect to have this one for a while, i wont need another one for a long time. And when the time comes for a new one i will probably get another ibanez bass. I love it. This isnt a beginner bass, though the price might sound like it is. It is a great bass.

"Crazy Beast Bass" submitted June 28, 2008

By A big fan of the site
Musical Background: Beginner
Music Style: Jazz
Sound: This bass sounds great. Would sound good in jazz, rock, basically anything. Feature: If you just buy the bass, you don't get any extra, but if you buy it in the package deal you get an amp, cable, tuner, etc. Also, it comes with a "Boom Knob," or a bass boost. Ease of Use: Super easy to use. Just tune it up, and play with or without an amp. Either way sounds great. Quality: As far as I know, this bass is high quality. But hey, it's an Ibanez. It'll take more than dropping it to break it. Value: I would recommend this to any beginning bassist. It's a great bass at a great price. Manufacturer Support: I haven't dealt with them, but I'll give them a 10 anyway. The Wow Factor: This bass is REALLY great looking. I played the red one. It looks absolutely amazing, and I'm sure it would turn some heads. Great for bassists who like attention. Can't miss it in a band. And believe me, they look ten times better in person than they do in the photo. Overall: I would expect this bass to last a long time. Absolutely long enough to learn to play before you want some crazy amazing 3000 dollar bass.

"For beginner/ intermediate players, this is the bass to get, feels, plays and sounds just right...." submitted March 29, 2005

Musical Background: beginner/intermediate
Music Style: Oldies, rock, alternative
Sound: IT plays very good, very clean, good pickups, i recomend this for a intermediat player. Feature: Nothing really came with mine...i just got the bass its self.. Quality: It has held up good so far, every thing feels tight and very sturdy. Value: It's cheap, and plays extremely well for its price. Manufacturer Support: So far, I havn't needed to call them up. The Wow Factor: I bought a blue/purple....and i think mine is beutiful and feels ood to play :-) Overall: Probably about 1-2 years before i decide to buy a new, better one....but for a beginner/ intermediate player...this is the bass to get.

"Poorly made! Don't buy one!" submitted September 20, 2009

Music Style: variety
Sound: This brand new Ibanez electric bass had to be taken to the shop to have the third string adjusting screw replaced. Out of the box, it was never able to be adjusted so the sting would not touch the fret and vibrate. It was over the adjusting point buy a whole 1/4".POORLY MADE! Also the edges of the frets are sharp and hurt your hands. I will have to file those down as well. Feature: No accessories Ease of Use: The strings that can be adjusted to work correctly have below average sound quality. Quality: It came with tags as if it have been inspected and approved by 6 people. No way that had ever even strummed it once with all the horrible racket it made. I'm really disappointed in this purchase! The inspectors names found on a tag on the guitar should be ashamed. Salim A, Marzuki, S. Anas, Supadi and the final quality inspector Deni. Value: Sure, it was ONLY $200, but not worth a penny if it sounds bad and need mechanical work before you even get to play it. Manufacturer Support: It would have cost more to return the guitar than to ship it back or have it repaired. I did not bother with support. The Wow Factor: Would never buy another Overall: I'm really disappointed in this bass guitar!

"GET OFF UR BUTT AND BUY IT NOW. LoL!!!!!!!1111" submitted July 7, 2005

By a customer from punk.com
Musical Background: Bass, Clarinette, Banjo, Keyboard, and Tuba
Music Style: Polka, Country, Jazz, and Heavy Metal
Sound: Beautiful for the price... plays just as good as a $1000 bass. Feature: Very cool, even came with an instruction manual Quality: Just beautiful Value: SOOOOOOOOO GOOD Manufacturer Support: Great The Wow Factor: Mmmm it makes me horney Overall: I love it tons.

"really good bass" submitted July 31, 2004

By a customer from cox.net
Overall
Music Style: rock and heavy metal
Sound: the sound is great, my band members think we sound better with that bass. Feature: it didnt come with any accessories, but the they are cheap to get if you need them. Quality: this bass was made perfectly. i love the butterscotch finish. Value: it is worth the price, i kind of think it is underpriced, but whos complaining. Manufacturer Support: i havent had to deal with the company yet. The Wow Factor: it is a really good bass for beginners and for people who know how to play good and are just looking for a new bass. Overall: i think i will always be satasfied with this bass. good job ibanez!

When you call, mention priority code 171J-9B9Q. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976