When you call, mention priority code 20Y-BKXH

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez GRX20Z Guitar

Own a real Ibanez for an unbelievable price. This budget-minded metal machine boasts a pair of high-gain humbuckers and a tremolo bridge for dive-bombs.

Overall

"DON'T BE FOOLED BY THE PRICE!!! THIS IS NOT A TOY...IT IS A QUALITY MUSICAL INSTRUMENT MADE BY ONE OF THE PREMIER MAKERS OF GUIT" submitted August 31, 2004

Music Style: Rock, Country, Blues
Sound: The sound is quite good. Three way pickup selector gives you some flexibility in getting the sound you want. Feature: Tremelo isn't the best, but it works well and the guitar holds its tune nicely Quality: Addmittedly, this is far from the best guitar that money can buy, but it is probably the best guitar you can buy for this kind of money. Value: Hard to imagine a better value than this in a guitar. Manufacturer Support: Havn't needed to use support--and that's the best kind of support there is! The Wow Factor: Very nice looking instrument. Overall: I bought this guitar to replace an Ibanez that has seen about 20 years of hard use. The Ibanez brand implies quality workmanship, and the price can't be beat. I plan on using this guitar until it falls to pieces...and I don't anticipate that happening for another 20 years of hard use.

"I'm the worlds oldest rookie guitarist." submitted November 30, 2013

By Ray Smith in BUCKEYE, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: Retired, but played for 38 years as a working musician playing bass.
Music Style: Country, Blues, 50's rock, Jazz, Rockabilly, and Southern Rock.
Overall: I'm 75 years old and spent 38 years as a working musician. I started as a kid on a flat top guitar and then an arch top and finally a solid body. Soon after I got started, I went into the Air Force. When I came out, there was no use for a lead guitarist, but every band wanted a bass man, so that became my instrument for the next 30 years. I've been retired from music for about 20 years and decided to take up guitar again. I remembered a few things from my early days and wanted to learn it right this time. I bought a cheap Squire Stratocaster and didn't like it at all, so I decided to buy the GRX20Z. Now I'm not as technically savvy as most of you guitarists are, but I do know what my hands feel and what my ears hear, and I've gotta say that I've bought more guitar than the price I paid for. At $149.99, I feel like I stole it away from someone. I couldn't be happier. If I ever get good enough and feel like I want to sit in and jam with someone, I won't feel embarrassed by the guitar. If anything, the guitar should be embarrassed by me. I've got it coupled up with a Peavey VYPR VIP3 amp and it sure sounds sweet. I haven't had the need to contact Manufacturer Support, but if their support is anything like the product, I'll never need to.
27 of 28 people (96.43%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Buy one, buy two!" submitted December 18, 2003

By a customer from ispwest.com
Music Style: Guitar instrumentals, southern rock
Sound: It has more output than my Fender Super Strat and makes the strat sound wimpy in comparison. And to think it cost $400.00 less. It feels good, better action and fret levelling than my Fender, and if I would have bought this first I would have bought a cheaper Fender. I compare it to a guitar I made about ten years ago and do not have anymore, it's very good. Feature: Everything works fine, I do not use the tremolo, I just buy them because the body is lighter than a hard tail. It is a very good guitar. Quality: Fit and finish are very good. Value: Great guitar for $150, $250 for that matter. Manufacturer Support: Don't know. The Wow Factor: It looks good. Overall: It's great guitar for getting sounds you won't get out of your Fender Strat.
27 of 28 people (96.43%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Divine Discovery!!" submitted October 29, 2005

Musical Background: Hobbyist...
Music Style: Rock...
Sound: This is a super find...I'm glad i got this guitar....sound is totally awesome both in live performances n recording...just love this baby... Feature: Accessories were pretty all right...although i'm not a big fan of the FAT series tremolos...but i guess u can't have a floyd rose for this price...i dont use the whammy bar that much, but would love something more flexible...The pickups are great, the only thing missing here is a 5 way selector switch...everything else is totally awesome... Quality: No words...pure praise...praise without words that is...:P Value: TOTAL BARGAIN!! Manufacturer Support: didnt need support as yet... The Wow Factor: Definition of sex appeal!! Overall: Everything is perfect except for the whammy bar....Super product...

Ibanez GRX20Z Guitar Customer Review submitted December 6, 2003

Music Style: Rock, Punk, Metal
Sound: Great sound...especially with marshall amps, the humbuckers. Feature: I love everything about this damn guitar Quality: Made to the highest of standards...It's an ibanez Value: This is a great guitar for the price Manufacturer Support: i havent dealt with the support. The Wow Factor: It couldve come in more colors...like red or silver... Overall: I think ill be satisfied for a while...i dont think this guitar will ever let me down
17 of 18 people (94.44%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Playing this guitar is like a piece of heaven" submitted May 19, 2008

Musical Background: Band, covers, casual playing
Music Style: From Metal, Metalcore, Deathcore, ect. to Heavy Rock
Sound: This guitar sounds great. I can play just about anything, and the guitar has an amazing tone to it. Pinch harmonics ring out great and heavy powerchords crunch well. Feature: Amazing looks, everything came from the factory perfect. It had a cable too. But that broke after a while. Ease of Use: You can pick up this guitar and play it and just know you have quality stuff in your hands, even though it's cheap. A good guitar for starters, I think. Quality: Great quality. Everything comes perfect, and so far nothing has gone wrong. The parts are great for the price. The strings are good and sound good, but I did break one. Value: in a world where money seems to take precidence over people's decisions, I can say that this guitar is an amazing quality for the price. I recommend it for anyone. You won't be disappointed. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal. The Wow Factor: Sex appeal? This is one sexy black guitar. It looks good, it fits my music style, and when I was it I thought "Gotta have it" Overall: I think this guitar's gonna last me a long long time. I'm glad I got it. Affordable, amazing sound, and great quality. This guitar is so worth it.
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Despite problems, good product" submitted September 6, 2004

Musical Background: Hobbyist and Active Musician
Music Style: Alternative, Metal, and Punk
Feature: Good Parts, but mine broke just over a year becuase i played it too hard. The pickup screws broke. Quality: It didn't last as long as i hoped before i had to take it in to be repaired. Value: despite the problems, this product is worth the money and i love my guitar more than any others. The Wow Factor: This guitar looks awesome, even on stage. Overall: The sound is the best part. The neck is the perfect size and is easy to play and move your fingers along.

"AWESOME!!! Buy" submitted December 7, 2012

By Jason Myers in North Adams, MA
Overall
Overall: Bought this for my 16 year old son.he will absolutely love this for christmas.He hadn't tried it out yet but I did.I think I will be buying another soon for myself.Plays great,awesome looking,easy to use.

"Ibanez can never fail!!!" submitted July 25, 2005

By a customer from musicians.net
Music Style: Hard Rock/Metal
Sound: thw sound on this guitar is crisp. it is perfect if you are playing matal and hard rock on it. or whatever kind of music you wan to plat on this guitar. Feature: the black finish is awesome!!! and just the look on the whole thing looks like i payed $500 for it. Quality: Ibanez can never fail there quality!!! it is better then fender and all the other brands. Value: i could but this guitar for $700 and it still would be a bargan The Wow Factor: this is just an all around buitiful and great guitar Overall: this was my 2nd guitar and the miloinths time i played one. i have played PRS, Fender, Gibson and many many more. this guitar is just as good as those $500 ones. and maybe even better

"She's cheap to run, but as classy as silk. She's a screamer, but only when you want her to be, and she looks a million dollars!" submitted February 8, 2004

Music Style: Hard rock, Alternative, most metals, but not nu metal
Sound: This gitars sound is absolutely incredible. When i tried it in the shop i knew it was the one. When i took it home, i fell in love. The pickups are absolutely perfect for this guitar. They are high output powersound pickups and yes you will find them on many more expensive s and RG models. The distorted sound is so crunchy, rich, and it screames like a pissed off banshee when you throw the volumes up. The great thing though is that when you roll down the volume there is no muddiness, and you are able to play clean rhythms with ease and no painstaking EQ adjustment. This is a pick up and play guitar! Feature: My guitar came with a gig bag and a new set of strings for free. Of course those powersound pickups are its main feature, but its lighter alder body provides a bright but rich tone. It has a 3 way selector which is all you'll need and in black, its got that whole Ibanez look to a tea. Im not sure what the neck is made from, but its very smooth and easy to get broken in to. Quality: The quality of materials in this guitar are of aircraft quality! Every part is fitted so perfectly and it all works together! The paint and finish is flawless as well as the wiring, and the parts are real ibanez parts, and its set up like a $5000 custom ibanez. Its made by ibanez, and not by a crappy cheap division like squier. Its made from alder, the pickups are used on many models up the ibanez line. (the $800 RG3120 for example!) Also there is no annoying single coil in the way like the upper ibanez models using these pickups! its as solid as a rock, but not as heavy, as sexy as your favourite cover girl, but without the mental baggage, and no matter how many times you "play" her, she never moans about it! Value: This is $150 bucks. Come on this is crazy pricing. I dont know Ibanezs logic, but its payin off, theyre sold out in New zealand. How many guitars in this price range offer such a flawless package and with so many features and sound quality. I paid $250 USD for it but thats cos New Zealand has crazy prices anyway but even then, its a monster value packsge. if you are a new person to guitar and you want the street cred of an ibanez, but without the painfulk saving up, buy it. And she'll teach you how to tune until you get those locking tuners! Manufacturer Support: I say ten cos i never needed to call the music shop or anything! The Wow Factor: This guitar look, feels and plays like a prestige ibanez way up the line. Its a great guitar which was also my first guitar. SHES NOT OBSOLETE AS I USE HER ALL THE TIME! The pictures dont do her justice! Overall: Not perfect, but damn near and the value of this guitar is incredible. This was my first electric guitar, and 1 yr later, i base all of my new guitar purchases on her. This was the guitar I learnt on. She took some beatings and never gave up on me. This is the best value guitar i know of!

"Great Ibanez guitar, yet again." submitted December 16, 2005

Music Style: Rock/Metal
Sound: You really can't beat the sound with any other guitar in this price range. Feature: The whammy bar is a nice addition. A floating bridge would be better, but for the price it's right on! Quality: It is from Ibanez so it is built to last. Value: You receive more than you pay for. Manufacturer Support: I have not needed to use the support, and thats the best kind. Overall: It is well made, sounds great, easy to use, and a low price. If I could choose differently, I wouldn't because Ibanez never disappoints.

"Kick @$$ guitar." submitted May 13, 2007

Musical Background: Active Musicain
Music Style: Rock, Alternative
Sound: The sound on this guitar is awsome! Feature: The whammy bar is usless but other then that everything is fine. Ease of Use: It's pretty damn easy to get this guitar to do whatever you want! Quality: Well it deffinetly lives up to the ibanez name! every thing it is made with is great quality and is puut together well. Value: For the price of this guitar it is like the best you can get!! Manufacturer Support: never had to bother. The Wow Factor: I thing it's a pretty sweet looking guitar! Overall: I think for the price and just in genral its an awsome guitar! I've had it for like 2 years and never had a problem with it. It stays in tune fine, sounds great, works well, all the stuff you want. The only thing that has gone wrong with it other 2 years is the input is coming loss but it's super easy to tightin up.. so yeah. I definetly recomend this gaitar if you love any type of music and like the way this thing looks.

"A review of a guitar that is worth purchasing." submitted May 9, 2005

By a customer from netscape.net
Music Style: Heavy Rock
Sound: This guitar sounds great with my Crate amp. Was surprised at the variation in sound and tone I got out of the dual humbuckers. It plays clean and warm, and also plays crunchy and strong. Feature: It comes with tremelo bar. The tremelo bar is great but I'm more into a fixed bridge system. It would be great if you could have the option of a tremelo bar, a fixed bridge, or for a few more dollars I would love to have either a quick string change fixed bridge, or a locking tremelo. Quality: So far I havn't encountered any problems what so ever. The tuning keys seem to hold tune just fine, will probably upgrade these to locking tuners soon. The knobs aren't loose, the switch seems sturdy. The strap pins don't spin, didn't need tightening. No marks or scratches on the finish or pick guard. Frets are even and smooth. Everything came as I hoped. Value: The value was the selling point for me and should be for anyone who needs a guitar and doesn't have the means at the current time. I was curious to see if it would stand up to what I wanted in a guitar for this price range. I would recommend this guitar to just about anybody, it would be a wonderful guitar for begginers and it works great for someone who has been playing for years. For the price I don't think there is a better choice. Manufacturer Support: I haven't needed to use support, but I have registered my guitar and have browsed Ibanez's policies and found them fair and comforting. If something did happen I don't feel I would have any problems what so ever. The Wow Factor: For a basic model, not customized in any way it has great appeal to me. If I had the money I would like this body style and color but have it made with the top of the line tuners, bridge, pickups, electonics. It really wouldn't be much different from what it is now, it would look exactly the same. It would just sound like a high end guitar, and be able to do some studio recording. Overall: Overall this guitar is great. I just want to say that I am very happy with my purchase, and would recommend anyone who is looking for a guitar in the $150-$250 range to seriously consider this guitar. It plays well, it sounds great, and it doesn't feel like it has any cheap parts on it. It's a quality guitar at a reasonable price. I couln't have asked for a better buy in this price range. Would be great for students to take to school to learn on or just for a fun instrument to play at home. I hope you find your way to the guitar of your dreams(or price).

"this is a great guitar for the price." submitted September 1, 2008

Musical Background: hobbyist.
Sound: the sound is pretty good to me. the sound has never let me down while playing a song. the only thing i dont like is when you have your amp on distortion and your not playing the guitar, it gets a noisy buzz. not all the time. but i rated it 8. Feature: no the guitar did not come with accessories. not sure if the whammy counts. Ease of Use: its pretty easy o get sounds that you want. for sounds like squeeling, it takes patience and practice. the thing i have a problem with is tuning the guitar to drop d for other songs. it actually is easy to use with my other products. getting distortion pedals made it easier for me to get BETTER sounds. Quality: the color on the guitar is very nice. when you polish the guitar, ou get a nice shine to it. i keep a backup guitar in case. its a fender starcaster. the sounds are good on it, but the sound is not as good as the ibanez. i can definetly depend on this guitar and i think it will last me a long time. the only thing i worry about is when im playing for some friends is if a string will break. it has not happened YET. Value: yes. for the way this product play and sounds, this was a great deal Overall: i expect to be satisfied for a long time. in the near future, i will use it alot more. this guitar will never be a back up to me. sure ill have other guitars, but i will not use this one any less than i use it now. the thing that would lead me to buying another guitar is the body style, feauters and sounds. i would keep this guitar. i hope to pass it on to my kids. i wish i knew that this guitar sounded better on a fender amp than it does an ibanez amp. if i would have know i would have bought the fender amp i tried this product on too. what i like the most about this guitar is the sound, how easy it is to play, and that it is really fun to play. what i like the least about it is, having to change the strings. i have been playing before the all of a sudden in the middle of the song, a string breaks. oh and if i lost this guitar or it got stolen, i would probaly buy another GRX20Z. if not then i would buy an gibson les paul.

"Good Guitar" submitted August 13, 2008

Music Style: Rock, 80's Hair Metal, Hardcore
Sound: this guitar has really good sound Feature: well personally i dont like whammy bars but you dont have to use it. i think its more for looks than it is for use. Ease of Use: its really easy to use. a total beginner/intermediate guitar Quality: ibanez baby Value: you cant get anything better Manufacturer Support: never used the service The Wow Factor: haha "sex appeal" lol. but yea this guitar is AWESOME looking Overall: totally get it

"Powerful Ibanez !!!" submitted June 24, 2005

Musical Background: Recording Engineer
Music Style: Metal
Sound: I've tried this guitar whit EMG 60 and 81 and it's sound POWERFUL for Metal. Feature: It's have a Tremolo but the tremolo bar was not in the package. Quality: The finishing of this guitar was so so because the pickguard was a little flipped up on the side but it's the only hick because the overall of the finishing was beautiful ! Value: For 440$ CANADIAN whit EMG 60 and 81 it's very good and accessible for all even pro will like this guitar !!!! Manufacturer Support: I have call to have an orther pickguard for this model and they accept when I fax them my guitar bill. Very good thanks Ibanez ! The Wow Factor: For the color, in black it's very nice and the shape of this guitar is dish and flat so it's perfect and the body is a agressive more than a Stratocaster WOW ! Overall: The only thing I have to say, it's that this guitar killer machine is the best guitar I have bought at all !! Go for it !

"stop reading these reviews and buy this guitar now!!" submitted April 11, 2006

Music Style: 60's psycadelic
Sound: i love the sound...dual humbuckers!!! not only that but they play clean and crip and crunchy. Feature: exellent paint...i didnt really use the tremelo bar when i played. Ease of Use: its one of the best and what amazes me is that its only $150 Quality: one word.....ibanez Value: u get more than what you pay for Manufacturer Support: i havent had to contact them since ive had no problems The Wow Factor: i love it.....simple yet beatiful Overall: it was way way way way way way better than i expected
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Cheap price Lot's of quality" submitted November 21, 2008

Music Style: Rock/Death Metal/Heavy Metal
Sound: This beast of a guitar can jam with the big boys. The sound quality is the best i've heard since i first started playing. It works great with the style of music i play. Feature: Wammy Bar, and 6ft. cord. The features on this are pretty useful, except for the fact that when i got the guitar the wammy bar would fit in the bridge because the under part of the bridge was a little out of place. Ease of Use: Great sounds from this product are easy to get. I personally play any type of metal, so getting this awesome guitar to play how i want it to is no problem what so ever. Quality: This guitar is very reliable. Honestly, I would use this guitar in one of my big gigs. I think my life depends on this guitar. I got it from my local music store, and the best quality is in the smooth neck and the double humbucker pickups, but i think they messed with it a bit, because like i said before the under part of the bridge is a little out of place. Other than that it's great. Value: This product is definitely worth what i paid for it. Manufacturer Support: Never had to deal with support, this guitar is made like a rock. The Wow Factor: Honestly, the finish on this guitar was great, but it was a little boring. I reccomend getting some stickers or painting it to where u know it won't effect the smoothness of the guitar. Overall: I expect to use this guitar for many, many, many years to come. The only thing that would lead me to buy another product would be if someone stole it, then i bought it again and it sounded like crap. If someone stole it, I'd definitely buy it again.

Ibanez GRX20Z Guitar Customer Review submitted July 8, 2008

Overall
Sound: This is a very good guitar for a good price!!!!!! The whammy bar is really helpful but it untunes your guitar. Right now i own a washburn XC-19 limited edition def leppard guitar and dont like it very much!! I recommend this!! BUY IT! Lots better than fender squiers and epiphones! Value: It has a very good price for a very good guitar The Wow Factor: Great color

"BUY IT,PLAY IT,LOVE IT XD" submitted July 31, 2007

Overall
Sound: This Guitar has insane sound. You can play many styles of music with this guitar. The metal/distortion is sooooo sweet with a pedal and 25w amp. Great Sound Feature: Lots of features for the price. Has volume and tune knobs on the guitar so very easy to turn it UP on the fly. Again, Insane price Ease of Use: YOU can get this guitar to do almost anything u want it to do, all style s of rock are fun, and just a fun guitar to mess around with if u dont know how to play a guitar. Quality: Well, what do u expect its IBANEZ great quality. i would spend 3 bones for this guitar and still would be a great bargain. Value: 10,10,10,10 ill rate it again 10 good bargain sounds insanely good, BUY IT U WILL THANK ME. Manufacturer Support: IDK i have never had to use it so i give it a 5. Because it GREAT The Wow Factor: SEX APPEAL BABY this guitar is so good looking i would marry it. =PPP

"Have it, play it, love it!" submitted April 24, 2006

Musical Background: In two bands. Play guitar and sing
Music Style: Heavy metal and "dream solos"
Sound: Sounds ok for vintage guitar. Feature: Well it doesn't have float rose so abviously that's a minus. You can't use the vibrato cause it won't stay in tune. String locks...I've allways wondered why they won't put them in all guitars... Ease of Use: So this is a cheap ass guitar, but it has the most "comfort" neck I have ever tried. It fits to my hand so naturally. So currently I'm tracking a guitar with that same feel, but whit more quality. Quality: OK The Wow Factor: I have upgraded it's sex appeal allmoust to maximum :) Overall: I won't ever give this baby away. I'm looking for better guitar but i've had this for so long and it's given me so much I could never abandone it.

When you call, mention priority code 20Y-BKXH. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976