When you call, mention priority code 161M-HCZF

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez GA5TCE Classical

If you love the sound of a classical guitar but hate the feel, this guitar is for you. It features a smaller neck for added comfort and playability.

"Thin Looks And Fat Hooks" submitted January 18, 2005

By a customer from swri.org
Musical Background: Active Musician, Band Director, Recording Engineer
Music Style: Folk, Country, Jazz, Light Rock
Sound: Good, rich sound for a thinline classical! Louder than I expected unplugged. Great response. Works with any style I choose. Sounds best when eq'd with a lot of bass. Currently I plug it into a Digitech GNX4 processor, then main out in stereo to two Canadian made Yorkville 50 watt powered amps. Bass up a bit and add a little reverb and your in business! Sounds as good or better then the high-end big boys. Can you tell I love this guitar? Feature: Combining spruce for the top and mohogany for the back and sides for a thinline guitar is a good combination. Exceptional tone when eq'd and amplified. Quality: It's made well. Clean finish, good color, nice design. The mohogany wood grain on the back and sides look as good as higher priced classicals. Don't believe I need a backup for it. Lightweight and easy to pack for the road. The only problem I had was on the rosette. It bubbled slightly the first year I had it, but has since flattened (shrank) down to the face of the guitar. It's perfect now. Has not bubbled since. Value: Absolutly worth the price paid! Manufacturer Support: No repairs or adjustments needed since I bought it 4 years ago. The rosette bubble problem solved itself. The Ibanez web site doesn't do justice to this guitar (not enough pictures). The Wow Factor: Many people I played for enjoyed the looks, sounds, and wanted to know what make it was. Overall: Great Sound, Great Value- I own some high-end classicals, and have found some good ones, but the GA5TCE is the one I most enjoy. Why? Because the neck is just right for intricate passages and all types of strumming. From folk to light rock, country to flamenco, it works! My chord hand doesn't get as tired when I play it. I play it hours at a time. It produces very good acoustic tones. A fun guitar to play.

"Terrific value and performance." submitted May 11, 2004

Overall
Music Style: Rock, Pop, Misc.
Sound: This sounds great through a PA, but is quieter than a typical nylon without the pickup. Feature: I wish it came with strap holders, but they were easy enough to install. Quality: Seems very solidly built, and everything works well. Value: For the price, this is a terrific buy. I tried out several nylon-electrics at a music store, most much higher priced than this, and regardless of price, this was the one I liked the feel and sound of the most. Well, there were a couple guitars in the $1,000+ range that were really sweet, but still, this was comparable for me. Manufacturer Support: n/a so far The Wow Factor: I play a lot of coffeeshop gigs, which can go three or four hours, and I wanted an electric-nylon which would be easier on my fingers after a few hours, and also because I like to fingerpick and like the feel of nylon strings. The thinner neck on this model is a particularly good feature, and the sound is really nice. Overall: I love this guitar and wish I'd have picked it up a couple years ago when I first saw it available. The only thing I didn't like about it was that there were no strap holders, but that was easily remedied.

"Nice guitar" submitted May 8, 2012

Overall
Overall: This guitar is really nice. The arm feels like an electric guitar arm and has a faster action. Despite not being too big, the sound it gives off in acoustic is great! The only thing missing is a tuner.

Ibanez GA5TCE Classical Customer Review submitted September 12, 2004

Musical Background: international music producer
Music Style: world
Sound: i purchased this as a travel guitar am happy with it it plays well sounds great but beware of weird hight pitched squeels from the g string Quality: some finish flaws

"Not good for those pursuing classical guitar either as a hobby or a serious interest" submitted February 9, 2004

By a customer from verizon.net
Music Style: Rock, Classical, Jazz, Blues
Sound: For the sound, I would rate it a 6 when unplugged and an 8 when plugged in. It's just not that good enough for what I thought was a reasonably priced guitar. I've owned it for almost a year now and the sound has changed into a deeper more mellow tone but the volume when unplugged has decreased too (Probably due to the smaller thin body.) Feature: Not much features here... I don't like the pickup that much.. It doesn't sound that good at all. The tuners are horrible! they never stay in tune and kept creaking when I turned them. Quality: It's not badly made, except there were a lot of fret buzzes after a few weeks of use. The frets appeared to be uneven in length and height (fret buzzes, some were sticking out of the fretboard just a tad) Value: It's an average guitar for its price range... doesn't exceed the expecations of a guitar under 300 Manufacturer Support: Never had to contact them, It's only a $250 guitar. Cheaper to go to your local shop. The Wow Factor: It looks good... but when I play it I do get second thoughts Overall: I wouldn't replace this one if stolen... I'd probably get a better, higher priced guitar. After a few months I outgrew it already so i'ts not a good guitar for those beginning classical.

"you get what you pay for" submitted May 5, 2008

By a customer from cox.net
Musical Background: musician/collector
Music Style: rock to classical spanish
Sound: OK sound for as cheap box. A mit muted when playing higher frets, and loss of sustain. It does have a solid spruce top which helps. Feature: Tuners are junk. I've now replaced them after 1 month. The tuner buttons are non resin plastic and gears have few teeth compared to quality tuners. Ease of Use: Though it has an adjustable truss rod, still difficult to get a nice action. The on board tuner/eq is OK, but not a Fishman. Quality: Put together OK, decent finish. But, in now way in the class as any of my middle/high end boxes. Value: Depends on what you expect for your dollar Manufacturer Support: Hard to find parts for. You must upgrade anyway though. But, new decent tuners are almost as much as I paid for the guitar. Why put $200 tuners on a 100 guitar? I would have returned it had I not kept it to long. The Wow Factor: It's a step above a toy. must be realistic and understand your expectations. Good boxes are expensive. these are not. So, what would you think ? Overall: Looking already. I bought this cheap box to see if it was really a guitar I could play, and have around the house and not worry asbout it. I gace it to my kids. Though, neck width at nut is too wide for most. needs to be 2" OR less.

When you call, mention priority code 161M-HCZF. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976