When you call, mention priority code 171R-HYLV

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez EW20ASE Acoustic

With its figured ash top, back and sides, this acoustic-electric is a real stunner -- with a thin, fast neck for all the playability you expect from Ibanez.

"WORTH 2,000" submitted March 9, 2006

By a customer from ptd.net
Musical Background: 40 years professional
Music Style: classic rock, blues
Sound: pretty good sound. Feature: the "g" on the on-board tuner is way off, this is the only thing I can say detrimental to this instrument. Ease of Use: Easily the easiest acousitic I have ever played, has a neck just my Les Paul. low action, thin, and fast. Quality: Great finish, just stunning, very good sound, tremendous action and ease of playing, the tuner is the only thing I have a small problem with. Value: I've played 2000 Martins that don't look and play any better than this just a tremendous guitar, and I've been playing since the Beatles came out. Manufacturer Support: Haven't used it, maybe I should to get the tuner fixed. but I don't use it anyway The Wow Factor: I have it 3months and I love it great guitar, even bette value for the money. Overall: I see no reason why I won't have this guitar for many years, this is a stunner.

"Natural beauty!" submitted April 27, 2007

Music Style: Rock, alternative
Sound: When I saw this guitar on the internet, I was suprised by the looks. So I went to the local music store, an d tried it. i didn't believe what I heard, when I first hit the strings. The sound is very full and warm, while the higher notes sounds clear. Feature: The first thing I've noticed was the quilted ash. The front, sides back, and headstock are all in quilted ash, the neck is made from mahogany, and with the abalone inlay, and the Ibanez logo in the headstock, makes the guitar looks like a guitar that's worth twice the price I'd paid for it. Very beautiful! The electronics are perfect for me. When amplified, the sound is very rich. The only thing I've noticed, that it has a low output when I bought it. After a while, I've noticed the batteries are empty...heheh... Ease of Use: At my local store, the salesman told me that he had tried to improve the action, because it was a little hard to play fast. Now it plays very well, better then my Les Paul electric guitar! The neck is very thin, but it still gives the guitar a long sustain! Also the tuner is very easy to use. Quality: The finishing touch on this guitar is very OK! the guitar is well made. No sharp edges or such things. The bindings are very well made. Also the brigde is made from the Ibanez IvorexII type material. Gives it a very great sound! Value: The price was very good. I had expected when I saw it for the first time, it was twice as expensive....! Manufacturer Support: i don't know....I haven't had any support, and i don't think I'll need it...heheh The Wow Factor: Very cool product! looks awesome, little ''blingbling'' effect...I like that! Overall: This beauty will be in my collection for a long time!
42 of 43 people (97.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great investment" submitted April 24, 2007

By a customer from yahoo,com
Music Style: alternative and techno
Sound: Extremely versitle while plugged in. Rich and full through the full range while unplugged. Would be a ten it it projected just a hair more. Feature: The Ash is beatiful, sounds great. I looked at 7 of these in the past two months prior to purchase, and all had consiten quality, and a playable setup out of the box (unlike the dean ash exotica, which sounded tinned, probably do to setup, as all of them I looked at would need some serious help from a luthier before being playable) Ease of Use: This plays more like an electric, very quick neck. With its design, my 7 year old son can and does love playing it, where as i can';t get him to pick up my D10. Oh by the way did I mention, iof I could go back in toime I would have purchased this and not the D10 (even though its a good toy in its own right). Quality: I had seen this in other reviews prior to my purchase, and did not have the same probalem till after my purchase. The really handy built in tuning, can be a little fickle. But hey, I already have a external tuner, so I don't really need the onboard except for a occasional quick check, which it works fine for Value: Ok, So in two months of playing with other guitars, I narrowed it down to take home MY EW20ASENT. Model I passed up and left on the shelf Seagull S6 Washburn D10 Yamaha FG730S Epiphone (dove, and various others) Dean Exoctica Alvarez mini taylor Manufacturer Support: Have not need to contact Ibanez. The Guitarsdrumsandmore store I purchased it from was great. The Wow Factor: Let sface it, If you are hear reading this review, your likely became intrested in this guitar for the same reason as all of use. It Screams of the wall at you that it is different. The ASh is beatiful and very diffirent. I did like the Zebra wood and Kona, but something about the astetics of the Ash make s this look the part of a classic. And amaxingly it doesn't sound like a "first Act". Which most guitars that are this pleasing to the Eye do. Overall: I do wish it had a quick adjust bridge, but hey, with so much good packed in this already, I have no room to complain

"Dont pass this one up." submitted August 6, 2008

Musical Background: Hobbyist, Solo Acoustic Musician
Music Style: I play just about everything on Acoustic Guitar
Sound: I love the sound of this guitar. I play a Martin Acoustic 12 String and I let a friend play along side with this one and they sounded great together. Feature: It had everything I wanted in 6 string and more. The cut-away was something I had wanted forever. The built in tuner is a plus as well. it doesnt come with a case of its own but a little surfing around and I found the case they want you to use AEL50C. Ease of Use: Ease of use is great the action is about right for an acoustic so I dont see any reason to mess with it at all. The neck is small and feels nice in my older hands. After playing 12 string for 28 years it makes me hands feel young again. Quality: This is a high quality guitar the finish is great. Just take a look at the picture its very different and people just want to touch it. Also, this guitar is built well. Value: This guitar is worth it. The price is right all the way around. If you are on t he fence about it... go for it. You will be pleased. The Wow Factor: The Exotic body sceams touch me to everyone you see. If it can make people want to touch the sex appeal is outstanding. Overall: I cant say anything bad about this guitar. It came out of the box looking great and sounding great. I hope this guitar lasts as long as my Martin. Because I am content right now to stop looking around for another guitar. I wanted to give Ibanez a shot and I am pleased with my purchase.

"stylish,sexy and great sound for the money" submitted September 7, 2006

Musical Background: active musicain/lead singer
Music Style: pop rock/jazz/blues/heavy sludge grind
Sound: this guitar plays great and fast with a deep and rich sound for both lows and highs. great harmonics as well for an A/E model. i love the exp strings it came with from factory and play it just as often as my more expensive takamine G 561C A/E all black model. bought both guitars instead of the martin or taylor A/E cutout bodies..and for the money...i have more versatility. Feature: great style and a swell fretboard make this baby( i have the ASH model)a real looker. also easy to swing a heavy duty suede strap onto 'cause of the strap pegs up near the body top and bottom !!! nice. the guitar tuner is frustrating and nowhere near as accurate as the TAK's( best on board unit i've played with)..but i just tune it to the 561C and it stays in tune even with hard pounding. Ease of Use: great sound unplugged and it sounds pretty good through amps although bband isn't as robust or feedback-free as a fischman pick-up. i'd recommend Dr.Stringfellow's lemon oil to season the rosewood fretboard which is a bit dry out of the box. after 3 months of daily intense playing ---it gets better and better as the strings wear in, and the bending ability is serious. Quality: i own an ibanez sabre electric and the stereo chorus 212 amp..also by ibanez and have nothing but best regards for ibanez products. Value: well i walked into a guitar center and offered 'em $350 for the takamine 561C ( retail $715).........and $250 for the ibanez (list at $649). they said "yes" to both deals and instead of spending$899 on the martin...i have unmatchable versatility with these two. Manufacturer Support: no need for service (it's still fairly new) but have had all my email questions answered about the tuner and the wood used to make this lovely big-bodied instrument. The Wow Factor: hell yes !!!!! i spent over 6 hours playing about 30-40 guitars and i chose this one to take home. it suits my image and my sound. Overall: i play classic rock(pink floyd/doors/eagles/allmans/bad co./hendrix etc...as well as thrashy new stuff(puddle of mudd/foo fighters/nickelback/etc..as well as originals that sound like bob mould's acoustic work..and ballads by stone temple pilots and smashing pumpkins. this guitar enhances all genres and fights for playing time amongst my other 3 guitars. i'd buy another in a flash !! least best thing is that damn tuner.

"This guitar is a steal...seriously." submitted June 12, 2006

Musical Background: Active Musician, Recording Artist
Music Style: Acoustic Rock, Blues
Sound: It has basically the fullest sound I've ever heard from a guitar in this price range. I was really blown away. Feature: It has a perfectly acceptable pickup system (considering the price), which has a nice onboard tuner that, while finicky at times, is really very useful. Of course, the wood is beautiful, and looks far priceier than it is. Ease of Use: This guitar has a great, deep acoustic tone, remisicent of mahogany. The playability is the real selling point in my opinion, though. This thing basically plays as quick as an electric when you equip it with lighter-guage strings. Quality: It's not the most sturdy guitar I've encountered, but I haven't had any problems yet. The machineheads are a little bit problematic, but the onboard electronic tuner makes it easy to correct the slippage quickly before you play. Value: For the price, this is an absolute steal. If you're looking in this price range, buy this guitar. You'll like it much more than comparably-priced guitars. Manufacturer Support: I have not had any issues, and thus have not contacted support. The Wow Factor: I have to admit, it's just a sexy looking guitar. I've gotten more comments about how cool it is than I have about my Martins or my Taylor 12-string (each of which cost me thousands more). Overall: For the price, this is the best I've seen.

"If you can have only one guitar-this is it!" submitted August 10, 2008

Musical Background: hobbyist/jammer
Music Style: Country, light rock, folk.
Sound: Bass is exceptional and the tone goes right on up with nice bright highs. The siund, not the looks, is what sold me on this instrument. Feature: One of the best features, IMHO, is the on-board tuner. Really handy fact is that to tune while plugged into an amp, it cuts the amp out when you depress the tuning button. It shows you exactly which key each string is in and if it is a bit high or a bit low it will indicate with a b or a # notation lighting up right on the tuner. Ease of Use: I fell in love with the tone the first time I tried it. Quality: There is only one very minor flaw in the joinery where the neck is attached to the body and you really have to look closely to find it. This has absolutely no effect on the sound or playability. Only cosmetic and very minor. Value: Absolutely! If you want to pay more, go ahead. You'll not find better sound at this price. Manufacturer Support: The guitar developed a buzz on the 11th-13th frets after 5 months. The music store where I bought the guitar packaged and shipped it for me. All I paid was the shipping which the warranty card had stated this would be the case. The factory sanded some of the frets, adjusted the neck, replaced a fret or two and set the strings, adjusted the nut and bridge and now it plays like a dream! I couldn't be more pleased. Turn-around was 2 1/2 weeks. The Wow Factor: Just pull it out of its case and see what reactions you get! Try to find any other brand guitar that looks like this. The action is really sweet, the sound is astounding and when you plug it in, it really kicks! The figured ash seemed a bit "glitzy" at first but it is a real attention getter. The figured ash is not just for looks-it definitely adds to the sound. Overall: Unless you pay over $1,000 more, you'll not find a nicer guitar than this for the money.
13 of 14 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Ibanez's masterpiece in the Acoustic-Electric guitar world." submitted July 3, 2008

Musical Background: Active musician and hobbyist
Music Style: Worship,Christian,Rock,Alternative,Metal,Blues,Jazz,Pop, and Country
Sound: I just got my EW20ASE today and I must say that it is not only aesthetically pleasing to the eyes, but also sounds amazing. Let's get this straight, you won't get a Taylor, Gibson, Martin, or any other high end guitar sounds because that is distinctive to their names;however, the EW20AS really gives you a great bang for your buck and sounds beautiful with clear crisp tones thanks to those D'Addario EXP's. Ibanez really designed and created a beautiful guitar with these EW's and I am so thankful that they did because it truly is a work of art. Well done Ibanez!! Feature: The cutaways that are only found on the Ibanez EW's are wonderful because they provide more room for your hand to reach those higher frets. The tuner is really nice and handy. The two different types of input really help the player choose the sound they want to get with either the 1/4 inch or XLR inputs. The notch filter,treb,middle,and volume knobs are one reason why I bought this guitar.It looked really clean and simple to us.Plus, they work awesome as well for the price. Ease of Use: Ibanez really thinks about their customers for both the beginner,experience, and professional players with a manual of how to take care of your guitar,restringing guide,using the pick-up system,extra hardware and an allen head key to fix the neck if the need arises. Using the guitar is really easy because Ibanez created a masterpiece. The neck was perfect and so was the action the moment I took it out of the box. The only thing that needed to be done was to tune it which was really thanks to the built-in tuner. Quality: I loved this guitar since the first day I laid eyes on it at my local music shop. I played it and was amazed by the quality of the sound. I would have expected to pay much more for this guitar for the same sound, but was astonished for the quality given and the price. Ibanez has done it yet again with a quality guitar that doesn't drain your pockets either. Ibanez is always thinking of the working man or woman which is really nice. Value: Anybody who is looking for a steal, BUY THIS GUITAR!!!!! You won't be disappointed. I would have been willing to pay much more than this price to get that same quality in sound and playability. Manufacturer Support: Well, I called Ibanez to see which hardshell case would fit the EW, but I didn't get the answer because I was on hold for about 12 minutes. I ran out of patience at that time, but I must admit that they had some cool music playing while I was on hold. I probably called at a bad time or when they were really busy. The Wow Factor: This guitar is soooooo sexy to look at and play. I just wanna touch and touch some more ;p . I couldn't put this guitar down. I played it for hours as soon as I got it out of the box. Overall: This guitar will play anything and just looks like it wants to be played. Go out and buy it, you won't be disappointed in your investment. Trust me on this one. This guitar is beautiful and it won't turn you down.

"Just like all the reviews said. Its awesome !!" submitted December 21, 2012

By a customer from gmail.com in nashville, TN
Overall
Music Style: rock, blues, classical. 70s 80s style.
Overall: After searching far and wide trying to find a bad review for this guitar I finally gave up and admitted defeat and ordered this guitar. I was expecting I could be the 1 out of 100 that got a fluke, But everything the reviews say are true. The sound is awesome and action is low and its much more beautiful in person. They seem to have put new volume/tone controls on here this doesnt have the round knobs like Ive seen on older ones. These just have sliders up and down. After buying a guitar from AMS with a warped neck I only shop here at zzounds.com cause they always have delivered. Perfect !!!!

"10/10 This is a great sounding, easy playing, excellent looking, and accessories packed guitar for the price. This guitar comes" submitted March 31, 2011

Musical Background: Extreme Hobbyist
Music Style: All kinds
Sound: This guitar has great tone plugged in or natural. i have played many guitars and this guitar rivals the sounds of most thousand-dollar guitars. Feature: The guitar come with a a built in pre-amp and tuner of which are both great. Ease of Use: I mainly play 6-string electric guitars, but have played many acoustics as well. With this Ibanez it is very easy to transfer from play electric to it because of its slim body and neck. The action on this guitar is very easy to get used to as well. Quality: This guitar is superb quality. It is even more beautiful in person, the picture doesn't do it justice. Value: This is a great sounding, easy playing, excellent looking, and accessories packed guitar for the price. Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: The picture doesn't do this guitar justice. When this guitar arrived to front door, I opened it immediately and was surprised at how slender, beautiful, and appealing this guitar was. The curve of the cut-away style matches the immense beauty of the guitar perfectly. Overall: Forever! I will play this guitar until the frets have holes in them.

"Perfect!" submitted December 13, 2011

By a customer from netzero.net
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing since I was 11, I'm 55 now, Rock guitar mostly joe satriani stuff and mostly cd's at home
Music Style: Rock,blues,electronic,and reggae stuff
Sound: Plays beautifully in all ranges, some may perfer a hole dampner to reduce feedback if playing with effects, aside of that, it wonderful to play, I like it better than most martins, and would buy another way before a taylor, and even my all time favorite shallow body ovation. All great guitars! the d'addarios strings are perfect! I tried others and these sound the best. AND I GOT IT NEW! the price has only gone up! it's a keeper! % exotic woods to chose from and and so far the blonde ash (mine) is even more popular,tone and resonance are outstanding! Feature: build in tuner, and D'Addario strings, A hard shell case would be nice, I suggest A Gator Ease of Use: To me this instrument has all the right stuff! Change the strings if you like, but whats on it are perfect! Quality: Very well made choice of woods/patterns are gorgous, finish is perfect, Had mine since it came out and the frets hardly show any wear! Value: it's gone up 20 to 40 dollars since i bought mine. Manufacturer Support: Noproblems, The Wow Factor: I'm 56yrs old, owned many guitars, I have 3 keepers, My AE20, JacksonSL-1,and a custom Washburn autograph like the SL-1, I would like 2 more Ibenez's a AE-20 and a JS-1000 and i think i'd be set! Overall: Replace It!

Ibanez EW20ASE Acoustic Customer Review submitted January 30, 2011

Music Style: blues, classic rock
Sound: For the price, this is by far the best deal on an acoustic-electric guitar I have come across. You get godd quality craftsmanship, sound,and electronics with the bonus of exotic wood good looks. The on board tuner has been vastly improved form the original its easier to see and read than the original, and the built in chorus effect is a useful tool for live perforamnces as well. It has both XLR and phono jack outputs for excellent sound control in any situation. Manufacturer Support: Haven't evaluated Ibanez's product support

"Ibanez EW20ASE Exotic Wood Acoustic-Electric Guitar" submitted May 10, 2012

Musical Background: jam at home
Music Style: jazz
Overall: I purchased this guitar for a friend as a gift and the expression on his face when he opened it was priceless. He loves this guitar and plays on it everyday. It was simply beautiful and the sound is great. I would definitely recommend this guitar to anyone whose looking for a great deal on an Acoustic-Electric Guitar.

"Good deal for price. Some issues thouh" submitted September 28, 2013

By Kurt O in Kentwood, MI
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing since 1977. Semi-professional. Not making music for a living. Play guitar mainly. A bit of keyboards and horns.
Music Style: All styles and genres.
Overall: I'm torn on reviewing this guitar. Ibanez has the best customer service department I've ever dealt with. Buying this guitar (less than $500) I didn't expect it to "sound" or play like a high-end Gibson, Taylor, or Martin. But I absolutely loved the "wow" factor with the figured top. Even if it is a laminate. I remember buying it thinking, "this will look really cool while I'm playing!" And let me tell you, the comments I heard were exactly as expected. Awesome. Beautiful. Sweet. Cool. Because the top is a laminate, the projection on the guitar is fairly weak. It is best suited plugged into an amp. I have a hard time being heard over other guitarists sitting around jamming. With an amp though, the thing sounds fantastic. It has a direct line out, which I've used sparingly. It has a decent EQ on it, which I've tweaked continuosly. It has a built-in tuner, which just quit working (more on that later). And it has a built-in chorus effect which is cool if not a little too modulated for my taste. I bought the guitar probably 7 years ago. From day one I had a semi-dead spot around the 14th fret G & B strings. Tweaking the truss rod helped but didn't eliminate the problem. I learned to live with it. About five years into owning it, the semi-dead spot turned into a completely dead spot. I contacted Ibanez direct and they asked that I ship it to them for repair. The said if they couldn't fix it, they'd ship me a new one. True to their promise, a few weeks later, a brand new EW20ASE arrived at my door. (They were unable to correct the neck problem.) The original I bought didn't have the chorus button. And since my "version" had been discontinued, they gave me the newer upgraded version. My hats off to Ibanez for stellar customer service. Fast forward another year or so. The neck went bad on guitar number two. Same 14th fret dead spot. I called Ibanez once again, and like clockwork, they had me ship the old one and then sent me ANOTHER brand new one at no cost. That my friends, is how to treat a customer! Which brings me to guitar #3. The neck is fine. It stays in tune perfect. But now I'm having trouble with the electronics. It started with the tuner going out. For some reason it wouldn't register the high "E" string and always recognized it as a "B". Over time, it quit working period. Then, it started eating 9 volt batteries. (Could be just old batteries I have sitting in a drawer though.) And now, alas, the entire preamp has died in the last few weeks. I'm kind of sick of sending the guitar back to Ibanez for repair and have been playing it as a straight acoustic and mic-ing it at the gig. But, that laminate is just a little weak sounding for me. So, I'm at a crossroads. Ibanez has been awesome. Fairer and more customer service oriented than I'd ever expect. I highly recommend them. But this particular guitar, I'm sad to say, suffers from the "you get what you pay for" syndrome. If you pay $300-$500 for a guitar, that's essentially what you get; a throwaway guitar. Had it been a $1200-$2000 acoustic, the problems I had would be totally unacceptable. But in this price range, and the amount I played the guitar, I feel it was relatively fair. My next acoustic will definitely be a higher end guitar. I've been asked to play more and more acoustic at my weekly gigs and can't risk having the thing break down on me. As for playing around the house or practicing, this is the perfect axe.

"buy it " submitted October 27, 2011

Music Style: all
Sound: this guitar has the sound that gives u chills when u play it Feature: the onboard tuner is awsome its kind of tricky at first but i figured it out and it plays like an electric Ease of Use: it has unbelievable action Quality: his guitar doesn't look exactly like the picture but its still beautiful Value: yes and probably more Manufacturer Support: haven't used it yet The Wow Factor: gorgeous Overall: till death do us part

"NEVER BUY ANYTHING ELSE AGAIN" submitted December 20, 2013

By Michael Fittro in Middleburg, OH
Musical Background: 42 yrs. of performing professionally
Music Style: 50',60's,70's top 40
Overall: AWESOME GUITAR!!!!!! I have never in my 42yrs. of performing had a better feeling guitar in my hands. Sound is the best I've ever heard. My Zebrawood arrives today to mirror my ash. If it sounds anywhere close to this one I'll never have to buy another guitar as long as I live. Everything works and sounds GREAT!! Two thumbs up to Ibanez one more time. Pure Quality!!!!!!!

"Fantastic Guitar" submitted October 3, 2012

By Brian B in Dededo, GU
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing Guitar for a year, I mostly jam at home by myself
Music Style: Rock, 90's alternative, classic rock, country, reggae, blues
Overall: It is a great guitar. Sounds good playing on it's own and plugged in. It has it's own mini preamp on it and a onboard tuner. My only complaint is that the onboard tuner stopped working after my cat knocked the guitar off of a chair onto the ground.

Ibanez EW20ASE Acoustic Customer Review submitted January 21, 2006

Overall
Sound: Surpringly rich sound for the money. Feature: Nice EQ. Quality: Not the best craftmanship on the market, but good for the money. The Wow Factor: Yes!

"Avoid this guitar" submitted May 3, 2014

By Monte T in Omagh, NA
Overall
Musical Background: 32 years professional. Recording, performing, wide range of styles. Guitar, vox, keys, bass
Music Style: Rock, Country, AltRock, Jazz, Blues
Overall: I've owned two EW series buitar, my lastest is an Ew-2 OBGN. It has both a high-Z and a low-Z jack. I used the low-z jack uintil is started crackling and went bad (same thing on my previous EW) so i switched to the hi-Z. It wa fine for awhile then the tuner failed then began to turn on automatically which cancels the output. When i turn it back off, mid-song, it turns back on again randomly a few seconds later. I've tried everything; new batteries, poking around withthe contacts. nothing seems to work. Music stores not only have to ba an Ibanez dealer but a certified Ibanez technician. thabn they tell you that the pick up is made by a third party in China. There is no fix. Too bad. Great looking and playing guitar. Crappy machines, gig destroying pickup system.

"Classy, beautiful, great sounding acoustic electric at a comically low price. Blows its in-class competition out of the water." submitted January 27, 2010

Musical Background: Amateur Musician, been playing 15 years
Music Style: Trippy blues/rock mainly. Some classical influence.
Sound: Let me say right off the bat, I think this is a simply amazing guitar for the price. Acoustically, it has a beautiful full, sweet, and slighly bright tone that is remarkably balanced across low, mid and high ranges. You can get boomy bass and clear ringing high notes with ease. The one major drawback is that it doesn't produce as much volume as you'd expect from such a huge body. Still, given the onboard electronics, you could always just plug it in if you need that extra oomph. The tuning heads are tight and give a great measure of control for fine tuning, the fit and finish are impeccable (insanely so for a mass-produced chinese guitar!!), and the figured ash is simply breathtaking. When I first bought this I played my fingers raw, then literally just stared at it for a while. haha... To my taste, the action actually seems a little high, though I think that may be the result of years spent playing another acoustic with unusually low action. I may take the bridge down a tiny bit or switch to lighter strings when I've worn these ones out. Feature: The acoustic/electric-ness! The ability to plug it in and have good acoustic sound fills a role for me. I have other acoustics, and other electrics, but this is my first A/E. The exotic wood HAS to be a laminate for this price, and I think that's why it lacks booming unplugged volume, but frankly, it sounds really good and provides moderate volume so I don't mind that much. Again, at the end of the day, you could always plug it in. Ease of Use: As a few others have noticed, the tuner seems a bit loosey-goosey, but for me, It's useful enough for tuning the E and going from there with harmonics. (Great ringing harmonics BTW!) I haven't played with it plugged in much, so I can't speak to the electronics, though I did plug in and screw around with the pre-amp a bit in the store before I bought it, and was happy with the range of tones I was able to create. For what it's worth, I'm told by those in-the-know that the B-band transducers are superior to Piezo pickups... Quality: Overall, great quality for a cheap guitar. The finish is gorgeous and seems quite durable. There are no sharp edges or rough bits, and the gloss-coat is smooth, no runs or build-ups. (It has a pretty darn thick gloss-coat too). The only tiny imperfection I've really found is a small strip of glue which seeped out of the seem at the neck joint (You have to really look close to even see it). I looked at two other identical guitars (albeit the burl of the wood grain is different on each), and all were of consistent quality. Value: I think this gets an 11 for value... It does a pretty convincing job of acting, looking, and feeling like a much more expensive guitar. Manufacturer Support: N/A. Haven't dealt with them. But then I own 2 other Ibanez guitars, one for over 10 years and I've NEVER HAD to deal with them, so... The Wow Factor: SEXY BEAST! This guitar is Simply gorgeous. Again, this needs to go to 11. The body shape, sumptuous wood-grain, beautiful abalone rosette and headstock engraving, and the bare rosewood fretboard offset by the opulent "infinity" inlay at the 12th fret all scream Classy, Flashy, Marvelous, Lusty desire. Overall: I think I'll be happy with this box for a good long time. I would guess my next guitar will be a jazz/blues electric, which will fill a different roll. Likely the next acoustic I buy will be a much more expensive, premium instrument. I think that day is quite far in the future however.

"Wow... Go Ibanez!" submitted January 4, 2010

Musical Background: Hobbyist, active musician
Music Style: blues, jazz, classic rock, country, anything but hip-hop
Sound: Amazing sound, very warm and clean strait out of the box. great action. not a complaint here Feature: I heard some people say the on-board tuner was tricky to use, but I have not had that problem. I tuned it with the on-board, then went to my piano and it was exact. It is well constructed, and set up very well strait out of the box... i was impressed Ease of Use: Action is better then my Ibanez RG220b electric, tones are great, sound is awesome! Quality: well made guitar here. a little heft to it, but not too heavy. I will have this guitar for many years to come. Value: Ranks up there with many higher priced guitars, and sounds better than the MANY others I tried. I wouldn't sell it for double the price paid Manufacturer Support: didn't need any support The Wow Factor: Beautifully crafted ash body. everyone who's seen it has fallen in love! Overall: I will have this guitar for many years to come. I can't find one dislike about it, sounds good by itself, sounds great plugged in. Blows my $900 Ovation out of the water.

When you call, mention priority code 171R-HYLV. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976