When you call, mention priority code 172J-3PCS

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez BTB776PB 6-String

The Ibanez BTB776PB bass offers boutique construction for a great deal. With Bartolini pickups and neck-thru build, the BTB776PB sounds as good as it looks.

"Great Product, Get it!" submitted September 4, 2010

Overall
Sound: The sound quality is great on this product no complaints. It's actually more waymore than I need the range is crazy. Feature: I love the 3band EQ on this product it you could get the desired sound your are looking for with just the turn of a nob. Ease of Use: No poblems with this product worked right out of the box. Quality: This product draws attention because people contantly come up and ask me if it is brand new and I have had it for a couple of month's now. I have women from my church all of a sudden wanting to play the bass. Value: Great value for the cost. Manufacturer Support: The Product has been great so far I have not had to use them. I hope that this joes not change. Overall: I expect to be very satisfied with this product for a long time because I have not plans of buying a new Bass anytime soon because this one is more that enough.

"Awesome Bass!!" submitted December 1, 2013

By Jorge Kochanowski in Portland, OR
Overall
Musical Background: Sound engineer, learning bass...
Music Style: No one defined, I play what ever I can or like.
Overall: It is a great deal for the money! It sound so good to my ears that make me enjoy to play it so much. I when to Guitar C. store and tried many basses there, when I tried the BTB it was the one I want for me!! even much more expensive ones does not sound like it. So because I could not afford it in that particular moment, I got an used SR506, but I promised my self to get the BTB in the near future... Pros may have different opinions, but the great sound that you can acquire with this bass is indisputable. I may need some adjustments that is normal for any instrument that is exposed to a different temperatures, but you can follow the instructions in the owner manual and that's it. Comparing both basses I have now, I can say that the BTB independent bridge helps to eliminate vibrations between strings, which at low frequencies with standard type bridges can cause a muddy sound.

"A beautiful pricess bass" submitted September 14, 2010

Music Style: Gospel, Jazz
Sound: Oh there are no complaints about the sound of this baby. :-).. those Bartolinis are magnificient. The tone is amazing. The highs are like never before. I would definitely replace the strings though, to thicker strings. Feature: The pickup controls are very sensitive and the range of sounds is truly impressive. The knobs however, have a lousy habit of coming loose! I have one knob that fell off when I opened the box. Ease of Use: Very easy to use. Quality: Quality is ALMOST perfect. I'm really tempted here to reduce the rating because of the knob.. but honestly, this bass is so fabulous overall that I easily overlook that. Value: Easily worth $3,000 or more. Manufacturer Support: A few other companies have sent me parts for free. Ibanez hasn't... (on my previous bass). The Wow Factor: She's beautiful...
18 of 19 people (94.74%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Stuning Bass by Ibanez" submitted October 14, 2012

By Erick P in Pico Rivera, CA
Musical Background: I've been playing bass for 15 years
Music Style: I am the bass player at my church.
Overall: This Bass is not only amazing to look at but it also sounds incredible. I have receive a lot of compliments about how great this bass is. Ibanez makes great basses and this one is one of their best. I did a lot of research before i bought this bass and this one is the best bass for your money.

Ibanez BTB776PB 6-String Customer Review submitted November 2, 2011

Music Style: Gospel
Sound: the sound on this bass is awesome the mk-2 bartolini pick ups gives a versatile sound for what ever you looking for you will find that sound. Feature: the features are excellent!!!!!!!! Ease of Use: this bass is very easy to used coming from a 4 string to a 5 string and now a 6 string, at first i thought a 6 string will be difficult i said the same thing about a 5 string but my confidence kick in. Quality: the quality of this bass looks very expensive identical to a mtd kz-5 the maple burl and the rosewood fretboard are well put together. Value: this bass is really priced under for the quality. Manufacturer Support: the support is excellent, a little heavy, but easy to handle.

"Ibanez BTB776PB 6 string bass" submitted August 24, 2014

By Derrick Parker in Douglasville, GA
Musical Background: 15yrs on bass
Music Style: Gospel ,R&B, Smooth Jazz
Overall: This is a great sounding bass it has deep lows that really growl mid and high end for a nice grooving sound i also have the Ibanez 206 Gio 6 string bass but the BTB776PB is in a class of its own this bass will run circles around other bass guitars

"unbelievable instrument" submitted August 20, 2012

By a customer from yahoo.com in los angeles, CA
Musical Background: 30 years, bass, and profesional
Music Style: Jazz fusion
Overall: Unbelievable instrument and Unbelievable price, i have a lot of top different basses I recommend it 100%, good instrument

"Highly recommended" submitted May 22, 2010

Music Style: Jazz, Funk, Blues
Sound: This bass sounds huge. The Bartolinis pick up every thing. The lows are thick and the highs cut without being too twangy. Feature: Aside from the two Barts and the EQ, I think the locking input jack is very nice. I have a tendency to step on my own cords and this makes that a non-issue. Ease of Use: A six string is never an easy jump. I went from four to six overnight, and it was rough. That aside, you have to really experiment with the EQ to get the tones you want. The 3-band gets much more sensitive when not in the "5" or central position. It is also a very top-heavy bass, carry with caution. Quality: You would never guess it was made in a far east shop, that's for sure. Like all basses, it will need a proper setup right about of the box. I recommend tightening the knobs with an Allan wrench, they tend to get loose. This may be because I use them so much, and sometimes rapidly for volume swelling effects. The finish is absolutely stunning. I think if this was made in America, it would cost closer to 3 grand. Value: Ibanez has always been excellent with bang for your buck. This is my third Ibanez bass, never disappointed. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with them. The Wow Factor: I get comments about it even from non-musicians. Ladies in particular seem attracted to the aesthetic value of it. Overall: I would buy it again in a heartbeat. I will buy other basses, of course, but this one is my main vehicle for now.

"Nice Bass-BUT" submitted April 16, 2014

By Ken H in Sahuarita, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: Playing 51 years, Rythm Lead and Bass. Currently playing with a Christian Contemporary Group
Music Style: Christian, smooth Jazz
Overall: Thought I would try a 6 String Bass, the Ibanez was a very nice Bass, nice finish, nothing wrong with Bass but the problem to me was the neck was too wide. Maybe for someone with a longer reach might have an easier time playing it. Wish I could have kept it because it was a very nice bass. Returned the Bass, zZounds refunded money. Thank you zZounds for the great service. That's why I am a returning customer, never had any problem with you guy's. Thanks again.

"Crushing disappointment from a supposed top notch manufacturer." submitted September 5, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Former A&M recording artist turned weekend warrior.
Music Style: Everything. You have to be able to cover what the session requires.
Sound: It's sounds nice. It isn't making me say "I'm replacing all my other basses with Ibanez products." It has it's own voice in the arsenal and it's pleasing to my ear. But it isn't making me sit and play whole notes in awe of the tone. Feature: I like active basses and it's nice to have a three band eq. The locking jack is also something I think a lot of people will like. A 35" scale and two octave fretboard are also things to be applauded on this bass. If only they weren't diminished by the shoddy craftsmanship. Ease of Use: Considering it buzzes like crazy and probably needs a fret job right out of the box I'm not giving out a lot of stars for this category. Too much work and expense before I can use it. A three from the American judge. Quality: Let's begin by listing the numerous problems with my particular 776. There is a large crack in the finish down the side of the fretboard. It runs from the third to the tenth fret. I expect A LOT more from a $1000 instrument. I understand a real bass like a Fodera is $10,000 but really, a crack in the finish?! Did anyone inspect this before they sent it to me? And a crack in the finish running down the side of the FRETBOARD speaks to serious neck problems. Methinks I have purchased a dog. The bass is almost unplayable. The buzzing, Man!!! The first fret is unusable. It's like playing bass sitar. The neck is dead straight and the bass is buzzing like crazy! Useless in it's current state. Fine, you say, raise the action, put some bow in the neck. I didn't but a $1000 Ibanez to have it play like a $100 Samick. I have a $100 Samick and it doesn't play very well at all. I wanted a bass with low action. I think at the $1000 price point I should expect an instrument with great action. Maybe I'm wrong. It's been a while since I bought a bass; but I don't think so. This thing weighs a ton. I'm ok with that. I'm a big guy and I like big, heavy basses with giant necks. Not sure everyone is going to like that though. If you're short and have small hands this is NOT this instrument for you. Get a prestige. The wood. The photos show a beautiful dark line of wood between the top and the body. A beautiful accent piece that really brings something to the looks of the bass. This is not an easy thing to pull off and speaks to great craftsmanship. Not one mine. Dull spotty line that looks like it was drawn on with marker. Sigh. Another disappointment. Value: For $1000 dollars I expect something that doesn't put me in mind of a Fender Squire. The craftsmanship was shoddy, the sound was average and convenience factor was abysmal considering I now have to box it up and send it back. Just really disappointing. Manufacturer Support: I gave a five because I haven't spoken to Ibanez or zZounds yet. I'm sure they'll be helpful and say send it back and we'll make it right. But I spent $1000 and now I have to send it back and that just doesn't make me giddy with joy. If the first one was bad the next one probably isn't going to be much better. I mean if this was their idea of an instrument that was OK to ship then I'm not holding out hope for a big quality increase in the next one they send me. The first one took ten days to get here. So now it will be ten days to ship back then ten days to get the next one... I like to walk into a store and say "That's the one!" and take it home. 30 days to get a proper working bass just doesn't do it for me. Especially when the reason it took so long is the first one was junk. It occurs to me I have no idea how to reach Ibanez. After all the time I spent on their website I don't remember a noticeable "Contact Us because your bass sucks" link. Hmmmm, something else to think about. I'll bet I'm going to have to contact zZounds who will only be able to take the bass back and send me a new one. LOVE to get hold of Ibanez and see what they have to say. Honestly, they should be ashamed of themselves. The Wow Factor: Well, I bought it so it obviously had some sex appeal. Hindsight is 20/20. Overall: Overall it's a poor playing Japanese bass with cracks in the finish that doesn't sound any better than anything else I own. If someone tried to sell it to me at a flea market for $500 I'd probably pass on it.

When you call, mention priority code 172J-3PCS. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976