When you call, mention priority code 1771-XVK0

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez BTB775PB 5-String

This 5-string BTB-series bass features specially designed Bartolini Mk-2 pickups, neck-through construction, and the stunning looks of a boutique instrument.

""The Beast" out of the box!" submitted June 30, 2010

By a customer from att.com
Musical Background: Recording Artist/Movies/Concert Promoter
Music Style: Gospel
Sound: The sound is solid and crisp. I purchased the bass for my friend who is a national gospel recording artist. His peers were totally impressed with the "beast" effect of this bass. The clean sound fits very well with this genre of music. He tours and performs live with it, and it holds up under extreme conditions. The bass boost makes additional equipment obsolete. Feature: The bass boost makes additional equipment obsolete. Ease of Use: I purchased it the same day as his live show and he used it right out of the box with no fuss. Quality: Very solid product, definitely would recommend it. The finish catches the light and the charcoal brown color gets lots of compliments. Value: I think for the price it should've come with an Ibanez case, but I digress. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to use the company, except to register the bass at Ibanez.com and that process was simple. The Wow Factor: Oh yes, he was proud to receive so many compliments and in our industry he is one of the first to have this particular model. He's constantly holding it, wiping it down. I tried to remove a piece of clear film covering the pickups and got my hand spanked for daring to touch it :) Overall: He'll probably have this one for the long haul, but I'm already looking for his birthday present (another bass). It's good to have a variety/arsenal to choose from for different settings.

"Follow up to "on the fence"" submitted March 1, 2011

Overall
Music Style: Heavy and abusive (to the guitar), Christian Metal, Praise and Worship
Sound: I love the sound. This is a follow up to my previous post. I had the cracked bass in an earlier review. Zzounds replaced my defective bass in short order and the one I received was beautiful. It wasn't the charcoal/cherry one I received at first but an orange-ish curly maple topped beauty that I absolutely drool over every time I open the case. I will not try to baffle with BS by saying I have played $10,000 basses and this one sounds as good but I will tell you that this bass is worth every penny I paid for it. It sounds great and plays great...plenty of compliments saying that it looks great. Feature: No accessories, no case Ease of Use: It's a bass...if you can't get a good sound, play something else. Quality: The finish is flawless. I would give it a 10 but the fret edges are a little uneven...not a deal breaker in my book. Value: I have owned many Ibanez basses and have always been happy with their products. It is worth every penny I paid, then and now. Manufacturer Support: Like I stated earlier, the original one I received was badly cracked in the front of the pot cavity but Zzounds replaced it quickly with no problems and, more importantly, no attitude. Overall: I will supplement this with a nice Ampeg amp. If it were lost or stolen, I might buy it again. Unless I had a lot more and could get a MM.

"Hey, you on the fence, buy it you'll like it." submitted January 14, 2010

Overall
Musical Background: 25 years on and off, lately 7 years on as an active musician
Music Style: Love me some metal but play Praise and Worship and Christian metal
Sound: Overall a great sounding bass. Nice and crisp and loud. Has a great tone big bottom and nice clear highs. I was using a Boss ME50B pedal with my Peavey ACBXP 5 to get the thick bottom I like but with this bass, all I need it for is tuning, compression, and volume through my SWR amp. It sounds great without the pedal but I have it so I use it. It comes with Elixir strings but I am not a fan of coated strings so I will replace with DR High Beams. Feature: I'll give it an 8 because when you spend $900 on a guitar, it should come with a case. If mine had been shipped with a case, UPS would not have cracked it during shipping. Overall the knobs are useful and enables you to dial in a nice fat bottom-heavy sound or if you like to slap and pop, it'll give you what you want. I have owned 3 Ibanez basses and have not been let down yet. The finish looks great, although it is more of a cherry red than "charcoal brown", it is still beautiful and I really like the locking cord jack. Ease of Use: Easy to play but the neck takes some getting use to if you have short fingers. The neck is wider than my previous bass but I really like it because the strings are more comfortably spaced for me. Quality: The guitar is solid and heavy, get a comfortable strap. Cosmetically it looks beautiful (well except mine came with the knob cavity crushed in because it was handled roughly during shipping-see first comment). Having said that, though, it still worked and sounded great even with the damaged control cavity...a testament to how solidly built it is. Value: Yes Manufacturer Support: I have sent the damaged one back yesterday and am waiting on the replacement to ship. So far, no hassles from zZounds. They are easy to work with, I am just impatient The Wow Factor: Beautiful guitar, in the short time I had it, I received several complitments on the way it looks, felt, played, and sounded. I was not disappointed except for the shipping damage. Overall: This will likely be the last one I buy for a long time. Next up a larger amp! If this one were lost or stolen, I'd buy it again.
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 1771-XVK0. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976