When you call, mention priority code 203-DFNR

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez BTB675 Bass

Even loaded with the pro-features and style you want--Bartolini BH1 pickups, 35 in. scale, deep cutaways, etc--this Ibanez manages to still be affordable.

"Excellent bass" submitted May 8, 2012

By Adam Z
Musical Background: Been playing for 12 years
Music Style: Alternative Rock, Jazz, Fusion, Funk
Sound: I am a live sound and studio engineer, and have an ear for how instruments should sound in order to mix well and frequency content.To me, the sound is definetely in the boutique leage, and judging how good it sounds is beyond the quality debate and much more about taste.First of all, compared to most JB, which costs lots more, and actually most basses I hear, this bass is very rich sounding. I actually went through about 15 guitars in the strore and nothing compared, except a 3 times expensive JB, still the BTB was on top. All notes contains maj3,5th and octave harmonics, some to a very large extent. You can hear this when you open up and close the middle control. Most basses sounds dull compared to the BTB675.The EQ center frequnecies and bandwidths are very well designed- You can cut the mids (I think it's @ about 400Hz) and get a tight, refined tone that sits well in a recorded mix. Open it a bit more to cut through a busy live mix. I play with mids halfway cut to fully cut, depending if it's practice, recording, or rehearsal.For the way I like my sound, the bass center frequency could be tad higher (to be more punchy rather then bassy), but still it's used all the time.The treble control is fantastic and musical - having a wide bandwidth.The bass (and another BTB I tried, the 6 string version) has some peak at about 1.6-2kHz, whick can sound a bit honky but it mellows just to the spot after the strings break in for about 2 weeks, and funny enough, as you cut the mids, not the highs - which is what I do most of the time. This happens because the foundamental is actually in the 800Hz-1kHz range but it just doesn't sound right cutting there with a graphic EQ.The B string is super tight and I never avoid any note on it- in fact, I'll never go back to 4 string. Feature: Dual 9V batteries makes for a very strong output.The monorail bridge is beautiful.Dual truss rod- very important.Best designed stock EQ I came across.Neutrik locking jack is nice- and I connect my in ear headphone directly to the output jack and get a workable output for practice on both ears- usually this is not the case. Ease of Use: The string spacing could be smaller at the nut and maybe at the bridge. This is the only drawback of this bass.For me, it balances better then most basses when standing and yet even better then sitting (without the strap). Quality: The bass is so beautifully made, it's just stunning. Prepare for compliments.Could use a small fret job, but I play with a very low action and have high standards about it. Value: Fantastic value. Manufacturer Support: Didn't have to use it yet. The Wow Factor: It's the best bass I owned by a large margin. Overall: .
47 of 48 people (97.92%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Nice, mid priced bass." submitted June 8, 2010

By a customer from charter.net
Musical Background: 33+ years on bass, weekend gigger
Music Style: Classic Rock
Sound: The bass has very nice tone. I like a solid punch when dialed in with slight mid and high, lots of low. Not being a big fan of roundwounds, I replaced the factory Elixirs with La Bella flats. The active electronics and Bartolini pickups can get you any tone you desire. Feature: I'm used to simple Fender style tone and volume, so there's still a learning curve for me with more knobs to twist. Not a bad thing. Ease of Use: Turn the knobs and let your ear guide you. Again, totally different sound and setup with my Ampeg using this bass over a passive Fender. Quality: This is where I was a bit disappointed. There are two noticable flaws on the finish. One, right at the heel of the neck, appears to be a small knothole. It's patched (looks smeared), but a brown ugly blemish on an otherwise clean looking maple neck. The other is on the upper bout of the body. Not nearly as bad, but the instrument in my opinion should be sold as a second. I kept it, it sounds good and that's more important. However, for $800, QC should be better. The other issue is fretwork. From the 5th to 7th fret on the G, this thing buzzes if you dig in at all. THe rest of the neck is fine, just that one spot drives me to distraction. I'm taking it into a tech to see if it needs a fret or two dressed. Also, intonation wasn't bad out of the box, but I ran out of bridge on the low B. So it's quasi close on the B. Value: Compared to the vast selection out there with price points all over the map, I'd say it's a pro built bass that isn't at the $1000+ price point. Right now, I'm pretty happy with it. Will I stick with it or go back to Fenders, depending if I can get the intonation and fretwork up to par, perhaps. Manufacturer Support: Dunno, haven't used it. The Wow Factor: It's a very attractive looking bass, and quite comfortable to play. Not overly heavy, but not light either. Overall: Time will tell, but so far I'm enjoying it.
33 of 34 people (97.06%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"BEST BUY FOR YOUR BUCK!" submitted September 6, 2016

By Benjamin Plata-Garcia in New Orleans, LA
Musical Background: Trombone and Bass
Music Style: Praise & Worship, Country, Rock, Blues, R&B
Overall: This bass is the best bass I have played, without making an extreme purchase 1500+ or 3000+ custom bass.. If you are looking for something with an all around great sounds and feel this is the bass, I shopped and played all sorts of different basses, this ones sounds and feel is unbeatable. The thicker neck is great for larger hands, the pick ups have a sick sound, nice and low, just enough punch and it cuts through the mix! I wouldn't trade it for anything else on the site!

"BTB 675 5 String" submitted October 8, 2016

By Tom M in Brimfield, MA
Overall
Musical Background: I play in a rock band that gigs at local bars. Traben Array Limited and Music Man subray
Music Style: mostly rock covers tunes from 70's 80's 90's and a mix some current stuff.
Overall: Love this bass. First five string I have. It came set up perfectly right out of the box. I may change strings to GHS Boomers. The neck is just what I expected from an Ibanez, sleek and easy to handle. Great range of tone settings, bass boost really adds serious bass range. This is a rock solid bass and heavier than what I was used to playing. It certainly has the look and feel of a more custom made instrument than the standard factory produced - less expensive basses. Ok, it's not a Ken Smith, but it is a great value with some serious capability and more than meets my needs! Great look on stage as well! That never hurts.

"Bang for your buck" submitted October 17, 2011

Musical Background: expert
Music Style: Jazz/gospel
Sound: This bass is very diverse. Feature: Plenty of knobs so thwt you can get any tone you want Ease of Use: Lots of option here but worth it once you find your tone Quality: Finish was great i did notice one of the knobs were a little loose but other than that its very reliable and definitely gig ready. Value: Yes!!!!! The Wow Factor: Excelent Overall: I will keep this bass forever.

When you call, mention priority code 203-DFNR. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976