When you call, mention priority code 12DK-MXTD

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez AS93 Artcore

With Super 58 pickups, this guitar can deliver just about any tone you need for any style of music. It features a semi-acoustic construction.

"A Quality Guitar At A Working Man's Price" submitted September 28, 2011

Musical Background: Worship Team, Writer, Teacher
Music Style: Worship, indie, rock, eclectic,
Sound: Nice, deep, rich sound! Can go from pearly clean to a tasty overdrive to a snarling beast and sound great in all modes. Sustains nicely. The only thing that could make it better would be to throw in a coil splitter to add some single coil sheen, but I'd rather keep it as is to maintain the incredible price. Very happy with the tone and character of this axe. Great job Ibanez! Feature: So many features for the price, especially visuals. Gold hardware, flame maple sunburst on all sides, binding even around the f-holes (even 3 grand PRS semi-hollows don't have binding on the f-holes), abalone inlays, pearl tuning pegs on gold posts, specially designed speed knobs that are easy to read and super accurate. The coil splitter would make it a 10, but as I said, I'd rather keep the price as is and simply add a splitter later. Ease of Use: I was amazed at how easy it is to play leads on this thing. I figured it would give me a nice wide neck for chording, which it does (very comfortable too!). But the soloing action was so fluid! Has a nice "weight" to it also. Feels solidly built, like a quality instrument, without being heavy - a very professional "feel" to it. Weighs just barely more than my PRS SE singlecut, which is actually a light guitar for a solid body. Quality: This thing screams quality. Whoever did the color stain should get a bonus this year. Wow. I can honestly say this is the most impressive guitar I've owned, even more than my former Les Paul Studio, (which was a ruby red, gold HW beauty). Everything on this Ibanez is tight, snug, and where it should be. Value: Are you kidding me? I'm still pinching myself. For me it wasn't a matter of getting a great deal, as much as being able to get it at all. The PRS USA semi-hollow arch top I dreamed of could never be obtained on my budget. This axe brought me all the features I wanted at a price that could make it a reality instead of a dream. And I love it. Manufacturer Support: Couldn't tell ya about Ibanez, but ZZounds was dynamite. Very impressed with their speed, flexibilty and pleasantness to deal with. The Wow Factor: They say ya should wait to buy until it talks to you. This thing did some smooooooth talkin'!! Pictures literally don't do this justice. No, I'm serious, you have to see this in person. This is the kind of gear that even your WIFE will tell you to buy! And it plays as good as it looks. Overall: Grateful that the Lord has blessed me with such a fine instrument. All praise to Him for His tender kindness and favor. Thank you Lord.

"This Ibanez is gorgeous & it ROCKS!!!" submitted September 26, 2008

Musical Background: Hobbyist/Active Musician
Music Style: Rock/Alternative/Blues
Sound: This is a nice guitar with good clean sound that rivals more expensive brands sound, playability and looks. I use a Digitech 350 multi-effect pedal with this beauty and it rocks! From clean soft jazz to sustain to die for ... this guitar is a great value for your buck. Feature: Easy to use controls ... the pickups are decent but will probably replace them eventually ... the frets are clean and the neck feels great from the very first time I played it. Ease of Use: Using my multi-effects Digitech 350 this guitar SCREAMS!!! No big learning curve with this guitar ... if you know the sound you are looking for this baby will do it! Quality: This is one gorgeous guitar that is well put together and beautifully done. No problem using this guitar on the road or in the studio or at home creating the music you love. The gold plate on the bridge shows a little wear after a short time used but hey ... it's still looking beautiful and the sound is incredible for this price range of guitars. I've played Gibson's 335's and Ep's Dot's and other higher priced semi-hollowbody guitars and this Ibanez will give them all a run for your money. The flamed maple is gorgeous, the inlays are well done and when people ask to try it out it's hard to get them to stop playing it ... great quality ... great price. Value: This is a great playing guitar and great value for your hard earned cash. Manufacturer Support: Never had to deal with them so wouldn't know
15 of 16 people (93.75%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Amazing guitar, unbelievable price" submitted November 24, 2012

By Bryan C in Slidell, LA
Overall
Musical Background: 20+ years of mainly bedroom playing but with some band jamming mixed in
Music Style: Rock and Blues and my own Drop D creations.
Overall: Semi-hollow and hollow body guitars were never my thing. I just didn't like the way they looked, they were too big and always seemed to be found in a jazz player's hands. Definitely not for me...or so I thought. The Ibanez looked just right, not too big or too small and the reviews I heard online convinced me the Artcore was worth a try. Unplugged, there is a big and semi-acoustic sound coming from the f holes which you would expect. It's hard to describe but adds a new color to the tonal palette. Plugged in to a tube amp there is a nice growl from the bridge pickup, but does clean up nicely on the neck when you roll back the volume. Blend the two pickups together...you know the drill. The Tone controls do what they're supposed to do and have a nice range available to the knobs. The neck is just right in my hands. A nice 12" radius that took no time to get used to from this Gibson Les Paul player. You know when you pick up a guitar, put the strap over your shoulder, strum and quickly realize you have a well made instrument? Same thing here. In short, this is a very well made guitar that would cost at least two to three times this price with another name on the headstock. For the price you are getting a heck of a bargain. Worth every penny. And the blue looks simply stunning. If you've ever wanted to try a semi-hollow guitar, now is your chance. I bet this will quickly become your favorite and definitely one you will keep for a life time.

"Great guitar for the money" submitted February 16, 2012

By Jim R in Monterey, CA
Musical Background: 40+ years
Music Style: Rock, County Rock, Blues
Overall: I am extremely impressed with the quality of this guitar. Workmanship, fit , and finish are excellent.I'm not overly impressed with the pickups and will be replacing them but they are okay. The pots audio taper could be better. Action is a tad high but the neck is adjusted correctly and the nut, although plastic, is properly set up.Neck is fast and comfortable and playability of this guitar is very good.In short, The basic guitar is an excellent starting point but can use a few improvements. If you have the extra money I recommend stepping up to the AS103 where you get better pickups (the Super 58's are much better), better hardware, and a hardshell case for about $260.00 more after figuring in the extra cost for a case for the AS93 (included on the 103 but extra cost on the 93).

"Decent guitar for the money" submitted January 28, 2010

By a customer from excite.com
Musical Background: guitarist
Music Style: blues rock
Sound: Sound is clean, the electronics are good, the pickups sound well balanced and the volume and tone controls have a smooth even tapering. The guitar weighs about 8 and a half pounds, the action out of the box was high and it needed an adjustment. The neck is perfectly straight. The bridge and stop tail hardware is heavy duty. The tuners could have been better but seem to stay in tune. Quality: No flaws, the neck is alright, it plays more like an acoustic than an electric. The action off the nut is very low, very nice. Overall: I also own the Ibanez Art 420 which I think I prefer to this semi hollow body.

When you call, mention priority code 12DK-MXTD. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976