When you call, mention priority code 1573-XJDP

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez AS103 Artcore

The Ibanez AS103 Artcore Custom has great semi-hollow looks and sound. With a flamed Maple top and a pair of Custom 58 pickups, the AS103 will turn heads.

"The poor mans ES 335" submitted January 13, 2008

By a customer from centurytel.net
Music Style: Blues, Rock, Country
Sound: I love the sound of the custom 58 pups..very versitile from warm and mellow jazz to screaming rock and anything in between. Feature: I will only deduct 1 point in this area.I could have given a 10 if it had come with a set of Gotoh 510 tuners.Fit and finish are perfect and the frets are finished as good as any that I have ever seen. Quality: As I said before absolutely perfect fit and finish Value: I can honestly say that I would have paid twice the sale price and still would have considered it a bargain Manufacturer Support: Have had no need yet,so cannot comment. The Wow Factor: I guess all guitar players consider beautiful guitars sexy and this baby is extremely beautiful. Overall: If lost or stolen I would most certainly run not walk to buy another one

"You won't be unhappy." submitted July 15, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: on and off band member, hobby
Music Style: Met-alt-blu-rock
Sound: Out of the box this guitar impressed. First, after shipping it was in near perfect tune. Nice acoustic sound. I won't say that it's better than more expensive models, but it could give many a fair competition. Amped the sound is clear thru the 58s. Nice range of sounds. Fantastic thru a muff dist. Surprisingly holds up with full metal dist. Sweet and singing thru flanger. I put on 13s for a deeper sound and it did not disapoint. Feature: This is the real bonus for the buck. I expected, like other asian made models I've had/played to be unimpressed with the fit and finish. I returned an ESP LTD for just that reason in the past. I was thrilled to receive a guitar at this price that looked so good down to the smallest detail and felt so solid. Frets, inlays, binding all just as should be. No last minute fixes. Finish a heavy gloss over vineer, but I've seen this screwed up before. Nice and even. Controls solid and smooth. I fully expected the pickguard to be plastic with decal wood grain slapped on. Nope, wood to it's core. Tuners look cool with the mother of pearl design, but will have to see how they hold up. Ease of Use: Again sound wise a winner. Playing is smooth even with the 13s. Not a shredder, but it's not meant to be. The body shape is comfortable to sit with and it hangs well from a strap. Quality: This is a 10 when considering the price and what can be spent on much inferior products. I'd love a John Scofield model and have played a couple gibsons that I would rate higher, but when you realize that they cost 2-3 times as much, this can't be beat. Value: See above. Manufacturer Support: No idea. The Wow Factor: I wanted a decent sounding, decent looking semi-hollowbody for a fair price. I got a great sounding elegant looking guitar for 100-200 less than I had to spend. Overall: I have some break-in time to go thru and will truly road test fully, but I foresee this guitar staying prety much stock. I will do the straplock thing. If at some point it seems needed I would go with locking tuners. I may upgrade the pick-ups, but right now that seems unlikely.
33 of 34 people (97.06%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Get one! You will NOT be dissapointed!" submitted December 28, 2010

Music Style: Blues, Rock, Metal
Sound: Mmmm... nice tone. It sounds amazing folks. These pickups are awesome. Enough said. Feature: As you plausibly already have read, this guitar is the flagship of the Artcore Ibanez series. Gorgeous maple body and maple/walnut set-in neck construction producing warm tone and punch, nice touch with the wood control knobs and matching pickguard, semi-hollow body for feedback resistance and excellent sustain, strong and stable 5-pc maple/walnut necks which is the result of extra neck treatments and finishing, and it comes with a decent hardshell case. All true folks! Ease of Use: This guitar is easy to get used to and plays like a dream. I did not have to do anything to this guitar from the moment that I got it, not even changing the strings or the action. Quality: The guitar came flawless and perfect. As soon as I opened the case, I went Wow!!! my eyes just popped open! and a big smile!. Just go to your local guitar store and see one for yourself. I will baby this guitar until my late years folks. Value: Are you kidding... this guitar is worth twice its buying price. I am just very happy that I am the proud and lucky owner of this beauty, not only sounds awesome (warm tone) but it looks so sexy! Complete package, what more can you ask for? Manufacturer Support: I have not had to deal with Ibanez Support for this guitar yet. The Wow Factor: Just play it and look at it. Let your ears and eyes be the judge. Your call! I own this baby already... Ha. Overall: I plan to play this guitar until death do us apart. If damaged\lost\stolen for whatever reason, I would buy it again. I chose this guitar over the other brands because of its tone, playability, and looks. Fits perfectly in my musical tastes. Thanks Ibanez!

"One sweet picker!" submitted June 16, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: playing 40 years.Songwriter.
Music Style: Country mainly but do like oldies rock and blues,Jazz styles too.
Sound: Sweet mellow tones,but perfectly capable of hard driving Rock sounds.Very versatile axe and worth twice the sale price in my opinion. Feature: Comes with a nice hardshell case .I like the strings that came with this wonderful guitar but will probably put some Ernie Ball heavy/skinny strings that seem to work well for most of my guitars and the style i play which is country/blues. Ease of Use: Fast low action and slick smooth fingerboard makes this axe a real treat to play! Quality: Mine came perfectly set up and i have absolutely no complaints at all with quality control or craftsmanship.Excellent work and attention to details. Value: Couldn't find a better guitar even at two or three times the price.I can't imagine anyone not being totally satisfied. Manufacturer Support: No need so far so i will pass on a rating.I am sure though the folks at Ibanez must be supportive to their customers since they apparently take guitar building very serious. The Wow Factor: This beautiful guitar is very desirable and i would be proud to take her to meet my folks:) Overall: If this one was lost or stolen,i would beat it as fast as my feets would take me to find and buy another.

"Great semi-hollow, a pro axe." submitted June 21, 2011

By a customer from excite.com
Musical Background: guitarist
Music Style: blues rock jazz
Sound: Sounds great, the pickups are similar to Gibson '57 classic pups. The neck is a 1950's style, fat and rounded. Finely polished frets. Not too heavy on the weight side. The case is very nice with alligator texture on the outside. For jazz, blues or even rock this guitar rules.

"A keeper" submitted December 7, 2011

Overall
Sound: Sounds awesome through my Mesa Single with higher treble and prescense settings; kinda like a 70's raw distortion without the fuzz. Lacks gain, but this isn't what this guitar is made for. The rhythm is awesome. For lead guitar and muscle I have a Strat Feature: Tuning lugs are good but not great, some difficulty tuning with new strings. Took the guitar to my tecch and he made a slight neck adjustment and now much better. Ease of Use: The neck and playability are excellent. Can get really good sound through all my amps - Mesa, Marshall TSL100 and Orange Holy Terror. Super nice clean sound through the Mesa with excellent with Boss Chorus Quality: Feels solid and has not let me down yet. Again not overly impressed with the tuners Value: I paid 735 total Canadian with the case brand new (I found a good sale). I have the one that is tan colors with the picture of maps/globes on the front. In the back you can see where the maple is spalted (beautiful) I like the Bubinga touch on the neck. For what I paid I don't think I could have found a better semi for the price. Manufacturer Support: No The Wow Factor: Appeal is a ten of ten Overall: I'm not likely to sell it or upgrade even though I have done this with other guitars i.e Epiphone acoustic to $6000.00 Breedlove and/or low end BC Rich to American Standard Strat. I think I'll keep this one as I love the rhythm sound.

"A Real ES 335 Killer!" submitted April 2, 2012

By Michael M in Afton, VA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitars, dobros and steels for 50 years.
Music Style: Blues; rock; country.
Overall: Beautiful flamed maple top, back and sides; very nice abolone/pearl inlay on quality rosewood fretboard; fret ends are rolled nicely and play like a dream; pickups are very articulate fat sounding on the neck and biting on the bridge; real wood pickguard; cool rosewood volume/tone knobs; stinky case...oh well you can't have everything. Price was great as a blemish. A+ condition.

"This is my first Ibanez guitar and I am very happy with it." submitted September 13, 2011

Music Style: varied
Sound: The pickups are great and the guitar has a wide range of tone adjustment. Feature: Nice hardshell case. Ease of Use: The neck is great - very easy to play ("like butter"). Quality: Mine had one small defect (tone pot). Otherwise, the fit and finish are great. Value: Great guitar for the price! Manufacturer Support: Have not used. Overall: I expect to play this guitar the rest of my life. It is awesome.

Ibanez AS103 Artcore Customer Review submitted December 28, 2010

Music Style: Jazz
Sound: The Ibanez AS103 Artcore sounds AWESOME plugged in. fully functional, super sweet! Just what I wanted for jazz.

"I can get (satisfaction)." submitted December 15, 2010

Musical Background: Musician
Music Style: Powerpop, Rock
Sound: Deep distorsion sounds. Nice cleans. Fantastic with Chorus, Flanger stuff. Feature: Beautiful. Golden fade out with use. Ease of Use: Really low action. Amazing frets. Stays in tune. Quality: I thought that being made in China would not be very good, but I was wrong. Value: It's twice as good than it is worth. The Wow Factor: Sexiest guitar market. Beautiful white wood tones. Overall: If the product were lost or stolen I'd RUN to get another.

"A Very Big Disappointment" submitted August 26, 2008

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Musical Background: 45 Years
Music Style: Blues and Country
Sound: It sounded no better than other semi-hollowbody guitars that cost way less. Ease of Use: The guitar came with such a bad buzz that I couldn't tell. Quality: The instrument was obviously made at a breakneck pace, probably by new employees. The intonation was way off. The pickups were looser than they should have been. The only reason I would take it on the road is if I were hoping it would get stolen. Value: No Manufacturer Support: I could have called technical support if I would have stayed home from work anc called them during their short business hours.

When you call, mention priority code 1573-XJDP. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976