When you call, mention priority code 176T-CKHC

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez ART100 Artist

The Ibanez ART100 is a great looking, great sounding guitar. With a pair of Artcore pickups and sleek finishes, the Ibanez ART100 rocks.

"11 out of 10 on everything" submitted June 15, 2008

By a customer from isp2k.com
Musical Background: Active, 6 years
Music Style: everything but country and hip-hop
Sound: EXTREMELY VERSITAL! I'm in a Christian metal band and a worship band and there are no boundaries to the amount of tones you can get from this guitar. I have played almost every Ibanez guitar (accept for custom models)and the only guitar I think is more versital is the SA. The neck is very comfortable, maybe even more so than the wizards. If you are a metalhead who wants to hear how it sounds just listen to anything by As I Lay Dying after 2006 (An Ocean between Us has the most guitar). Very distinct tone, yet very expressive, articulate and seems to remind you of something that you've heard before and liked. I found that the perfect death metal tone is to pear it up with a Crate "Flexwave" or Krank "Revolution". Punk: Marshall MG; Acoustic: Crate "Flexwave" (great amp, I highly reccomend it); Blues: Peavey "Windsor". Peared w/ an EMG 81, it could just be the best guitar for metal in the WORLD. With Duncan SHPG-1 it could be greatest blues guitar in the world. BUY THIS GUITAR! Feature: Don't know, bought used (still greastest guitar I've ever played). Ease of Use: Dude, face it, the guitar is AMAZING! Quality: Beautiful finish. amazing sound from the day I got it (even though it was used) Manufacturer Support: ? The Wow Factor: The finish is superb and the inlay on the 12th fret complements is perfectly. but, going on just finish I would get an S prestige or maybe a '57 Gibson Les Paul goldtop Overall: I don't plan on ever selling it, in fact, I'm looking at buying another one.

"The ART100, Beautiful guitar for all levels." submitted December 16, 2011

Musical Background: 18years
Music Style: Rock, Blues
Sound: I am a Rock and Blues player that needed a work horse guitar to set aside my JS1000 (and others)for jigs and other times. I was not impressed with the pups that came with the guitar or the strings. I replaced the strings and the pups and WOW! The strings made a huge difference in the action and the the pickups I choose were right on the money for a really great sounding and playing guitar. Feature: The set neck design from Ibanez is amazing. With my new string and pickups, This guitar plays with the best guitars that I own and that says a lot. Ibanez really made a solid base with this guitar and it shows once you add a little nicer strings and electronics. Like I said before, I play this guitar now more than any of my guitars and that says a lot. For the money I have invested into this guitar it is still way less than half the cost of my cheapest guitar. Ease of Use: Like I said before, Replace the strings and another thing that helped, Oil the fret board. Action should be very sweet after the string change if its anywhere close to my setup and you will be off to effortlessly playing in no time. Quality: I was amazed at the workmanship of this guitar. I have the white model and it is stunning. I give all my guitars a wipe down after I play them so I have not seen a scratch on it sense I have owned it(2 months). I play pretty hard too. Value: Yes Manufacturer Support: The friendliness and support were great and I will for sure be purchasing my next guitar right here at my new home ZZounds! The Wow Factor: There is a great appeal from this guitar as far as the looks and neck through design and solid mahogany body. This is all very great for the price of the guitar because you can always upgrade. That and the guitar is Beautiful! Overall: I will play this guitar to the ground and it would replace it without a thought if something happened to it. It's and very valuable instrument for the money from any stand point. Beginner's and intermediate players should love it out of the box and pro players have the low price of a well build body and nuck through design that can be upgraded to the sound that is desired.

"Realistically 7 out of 10 is pretty good for a $300 guitar" submitted July 30, 2012

By Ron V in Nashville, TN
Musical Background: playing 40+ yrs Blues,Rock,Folk,Country
Sound: I give the humbucker sound a 7, because no matter how hard you try it ain't gonna growl like a high end Gibson without new pups Feature: Features are ok Ease of Use: with good processors you can achieve most any sound. Action is a little slow but acceptable for this price range Quality: Quality is top notch, very well made. No flaws, intonation right on. Value: Well worth the money, for what it is. Manufacturer Support: Haven't used em The Wow Factor: I have the gold edition and I get a lot of compliments Overall: A while back I had to choose between keeping my car or selling my $3k Les Paul. Well the car won. So I had to find a cheap guitar to play and keep recording. Well I settled on this Ibanez. It had the best feel,fit and action of the bunch I tried. So I bought it. I've had it about a year now, and can say it does the job fairly well. If you have the right processors you can get some really good sounds out of it. But the action is nothing like a high quality Gibson or Fender or Prs and it won't ever be. It is what it is. That's not to say it's not a good guitar, it is. It does stay in tune well and it's easy to play, its just not as smooth as butter like a high end ax would play. All in all I'm happy with my Art100. Someday I might put some hotter pups in it. But maybe not. I run mine through Reason and Pod Farm and can process it to sound like just about anything I want. Bottom line for $300 you can't go wrong. I've been playing for 40+ years and find this guitar very workable.

"Buy this guitar !!!!!!!!!!" submitted January 15, 2008

Musical Background: Hobbiest
Sound: Sound is pretty good, versitile,you can always upgrade pickups. Feature: whammy would be nice, I think it would be kind of weird with this style guitar though, Ease of Use: easey to play,and use. Quality: heavy because of the woods used,nice finnish,seems like a well built guitar.I always bring an extra guitar for gigging anyway. Value: yes The Wow Factor: Nice finnish,styling, easey to look at very simple and kleen Overall: Along time,I would buy another one. This guitar stays intune much better than my paul... If you like to do dive bombs forget it.It is amazing how this guitar compares to my paul. In my own opinion If you were to put the 81 and 85 emg pick ups in this, you would see "one of the best guitarist in the world" play this guitar on stage".
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Ibanez art100" submitted January 26, 2013

By glen G
Overall
Musical Background: about 25 years off and on.
Music Style: metal ,rock, classic rock, blues,country
Sound: It sounds sick.........yes you could upgrade the pups but why??Very versatile axe really. Feature: I think the features are great.Has everything you need and is simple and to the point.Love the finish.I have black but will be getting another in a different color. Ease of Use: It plays like a dream.I run it through a 100 watt 2x12 marshall tube and it screams.Clean or dirty. Quality: It is a TANK!! Value: My opinion this axe is worth much more than what it sells for.Ive played guitars 4 times the price of this one and really the sound was no better when you do some fine tuning on the amp. Manufacturer Support: Never had to. The Wow Factor: Its an all around great axe.Plays,looks and holds up extremely well. Overall: This thing kicks ass!I bought mine used for $200 and in mint shape.I play mostly metal and classic rock but this thing will adapt to almost anything.Just an all around wicked axe.Forget the bang for the buck this thing is a big boom for the buck.

"Ibanez ART100 This company sets the standard for quality !" submitted August 7, 2011

Music Style: Rock,Blues
Sound: This guitar really sounds good. The pickups are loud and have fantastic tone. Comes stock with D'Addario strings. Feature: No accessories. (a case would have been nice!) Ease of Use: Guitar needed to be set up. Strings were way too high off the fretboard. Professional set up cost me $50.00.....plan on it! Quality: Absolutely flawless finish. Hardware, neck ,body, etc, so far appear to be in perfect condition. Maybe I will upgrade the nut sometime in the future. Value: This guitar is definitely worth the price ! Manufacturer Support: No experience with customer support...hopefully this never changes. The Wow Factor: The cherry finish on this guitar gives it sex appeal, but I am just blown away by the feel of the neck and the tone it puts out! Overall: I plan on having this as my go to guitar for quite a while !

"Great for Christmas morning!" submitted September 14, 2011

By a customer from cmc.com
Musical Background: active Musician
Music Style: Christian Rock
Sound: I bought one of these 3 years ago for my 11 year old son's Christmas present and he was not disappointed one bit! They were a little cheaper then (but hey, so was everything else). The picture does not do the semi-clear Cherry finish justice at all! It really is a beautiful guitar and has held up well. Sound is good enough that my oldest son carries it for a back up on his gigs.

"The Ibanez ART100 is double the value of its price simply amazing guitar!" submitted November 30, 2011

Musical Background: 4 years playing for hobby and band
Music Style: alternative,rock
Sound: this guitar is everything an all around guitar player needs. you can play anything on this guitar unlike other. its a must have! Feature: simple design for fast everyday playing Ease of Use: its a 10 out of 10 for playability.. it just sounds smooth and clear no buzz at all.. the balance and shape is amazing its just a very good guitar to have! Quality: yes it is well built from the painting to the electronics! flawless it just capture my eyes from the very first time i saw it on the guitar store! i think it will last for a long long time depending on the owners care. Value: a lot cheaper but match the sound and quality of high priced guitars so its a worthy guitar for its price The Wow Factor: its appeal is just simply amazing! simple as it looks and very balanced to play! the paint job and shape its just irresistable! Overall: ill keep it! if i will buy another guitar ill buy the same one just with different color

"Get One of These!" submitted June 15, 2011

Musical Background: Personal Amusement
Music Style: Melodic and Musical.
Sound: Each instrument has it's own unique sound. This guitar sounds way better than it should for the price! Nice clear clean tones or down and dirty. All very much acceptable. Feature: No accessories. Ease of Use: Stays tuned and comfortably laid out controls. Quality: China Made. However, the chinese craftsmen are masters at what they do. This is a fine instrument. It should be several hundred dollars more. The fit and finish is quite nice. No flaws detected anywhere. Value: I can't imagine more guitar for this amount of money. I own 13 guitars. I have played for 44 years. This is a great instrument at most any price. Manufacturer Support: Never tried. I have never needed support. Looks like the need for support is not likely to happen. The Wow Factor: I own the white one. It is breathtakingly gorgeous. Overall: I collect guitars. I did not buy this as a collectible but I expect it to last for many many happy years.

"wd40" submitted November 4, 2012

By a customer from gmail.com in canonsburg, PA
Music Style: Rock,blues,metal
Overall: A players guitar.it sounds and plays like a guitar u would spend thousands on. Ibenez truly is a guitar company that understands not all of us can afford that les paul we dream about. Ive played guitars twice as much and seriously this is truly a guitar that will make u happy u cant afford a gibson or any other guitar that cost more then ur car lol

"Great guitar for any style of music." submitted October 30, 2011

Musical Background: Semi pro
Music Style: Metal, Rock, Southern Rock, Blues
Sound: This guitar has a great sound to it, although it is a little bit muddy, nothing to major, but could have better clarity. Easily fixed with a pickup upgrade. Aside from that, this thing rocks! Amazing sustain, and very powerful. Great guitar for metal, blues, rock, whatever. Feature: The features of this guitar are perfect for me, simply and to the point. It has all you need, and nothing you don't. Ease of Use: It's not rocket science, plug it in and wail! Simple rock solid bridge, tuners that actually keep the guitar in tune, and straight forward volume and tone controls. I returned an Epiphone Les Paul Standard that I could not get to stay in tune no matter what I did to it. This guitar is ten times better than the Epi. Quality: Great guitar, solidly built, holds it's tuning very well, even with stock strings. Plays very easy, and has a great sound. I have no concerns with this guitars durability, it's built like a tank. All electronics are quiet and the controls actually make a difference in sound when you use them. Had some surface scratches but other than that, the guitar was perfect. Value: $300.00 for a neck through screaming demon, it's a no brainer. Also at this price point, you can upgrade it to pro status and still not have a fortune invested in it. Manufacturer Support: I bought mine brand new, opened it up and the guitar had light scratches all over it, as if it had been played before. I contacted Zzounds, they made it right, I am very pleased. The Wow Factor: I love the design of this guitar. It has the Les Paul shape, but is about as thick as an SG, perfect. Very comfortable to hold and play, nice chunky neck, yet not to big. Overall: Overall, I am very happy with this guitar. I may be getting another one in a different color. I expect it will last me a lifetime. If it were stolen, I would replace it.

"GREAT GUITAR!" submitted December 5, 2007

Musical Background: Active Musician/Recording Engineer
Music Style: Metal/Blues
Sound: love this guitar Feature: all i wish was if it came with EMG 81 and 85 pickups...then it would be a perfect axe Ease of Use: amazing guitar to play Quality: it looked perfect when I pulled it out of the box.. Value: i would have paid way more than $300 for this quality! its a steal! The Wow Factor: first time I saw it..I had to have it Overall: great guitar

"GET THIS GUITAR! IT ROCKS!" submitted January 6, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: Solo Artist, Active.
Music Style: pop rock, emo, metal,acoustic
Sound: I would rate the sound 100! I can get any sound from coutry, to jazz, to punk, pop, emo, death metal, to rock'N'Roll. this guitar can do anyhting! the tone IS GREAT! you can get cristal clear tone. sound better than a Gibson Les Paul! Feature: 2 volume - master and just volume ---- and 1 tone. a 3 way pick up switch. the tuners on it ROCK! the Galibrator(spelled that wong sorry!) are probabley the best tuners on earth! the frets are great, not big buzzing, nice and clean. creat slim, and light weight body, lighter and slimmer than a Gibson SG. Ease of Use: plug it in and jam! as i said, its SUPER LIGHT,AND SLIM, so you can frakin' shred on this baby, or power chord your way through the frets, or chord you way to the blues! Quality: Because of its all mahogany wood, set in neck, and super slim neck, its a dream guitar. i slammed the head stock and NOT EVEN a dent in it;nor a scratch! Value: well worth it, i bought mine used, and it look new, no nicks in it, nothing all clean,and shiny. If i ever lost it on a gig, or some one stole it, i'd buy another maybe 2! Manufacturer Support: never delt with em' why would i even deal with them, Ibaez's proucts rocks! The Wow Factor: definatly get it if you want a PRO Les Paul, and cant afford those crappy Gibson Les pauls that cost thousands! its better than those Gibson, trust me! Overall: I'm buying myself another! porblyey buying 2 or 3 more!

"The best Les Paul copy on the market." submitted March 23, 2011

Musical Background: Guitarist
Music Style: Blues, Alternative, Guitarist, Drummer, Metal
Sound: This guitar is awesome. The sound is wicked with a big muff. Ceramic pickups get the job done but when playing clean it is a little harsh. It gets loud and sounds something like a Flying V but the sound still holds it own with fuzz and overdrive. Feature: Guitar just came with allen wrench. The knobs surely are good enough I would be asking for to much if it had a extra tone knob. Everything is intact. One inlay and position dots on the side is all you need it really makes you look like you know your way around and fret board and will actually make you focus more on the board. I love the 24.75 scale and 12 inch radius its really Les Paul without the price. Ease of Use: The sound you can get it from it for blues, its just great and from alternative to metal with the proper pedal or onboard effects it will sound amazing. Sunshine of your love and hideaway sound amazing with this guitar. The manual helps you set up the guitar if you need to but mines came perfect just with the exception of the G and B string slightly off with intonation. Feels like a Les Paul with out the extra bulk and twice as cheaper then a PRS SE and twice as cheaper. Quality: Made in China, feels like it is not believe me. I can say it will be reliable and if something break it deserved to so it can get upgrade. The picks sound good for now, I havent played with Ceramic since I had a Flying V and they sound good on this baby. They will surely be the first to go once I record something because some of my work is mostly fuzz orientated and with those pick ups I get additional punch. I would definitely get a back up for this on the road and wow the finish was flawless, the frets are little sharp but luthier will help me out with that it really isn't as noticeable as some of the MIM Fenders unless you slide your hand a real close and fast. Value: The value is great, a mahogany guitar with a set in neck for $300 come one not even a Squier, which have agathis wood, ewww. I think the price is great Im pretty sure if they remove the binding and a remove one of the volume knobs it will surely be worth around $270 but for $300 it is worth it with what it has but I think alnicos either II or V will do it even more justice. Not even epiphone for $300 or Gibson LP studios come with binded necks and body. Manufacturer Support: I havent dealt with Ibanez but I give a 10 to zzounds for price matching and offering as play as you pay service as I really wanted this guitar after trying it out a Guitar Center and I wasnt going to pay 320 plus sales tax to some guy who wants commission, I only had $100 to spend until my next check and zzounds help me out and I am set. The Wow Factor: I got the Gold one and it is nice and sparkly and it really has the same tone as my Gibson LP Standard, this guitar would of been killer with cream binding but the black says hey I'm not a Gibson but I am in the same league so try me, literally try me. Money is this economy no matter who says it isn't is wrong. This guitar is great for a starter even professional with the right upgrades. Overall: I will not sell this, right not It is my 4th guitar in the line and up after my Gibson LP Standard and Fender Road Worn 60's and 66 Jazzmaster. It is my Gibsons backup/practice once I get it some nice pickups later it will probably see some gig time.

"Nice price for a dual HB guitar." submitted April 11, 2011

Musical Background: Active guitarist
Music Style: Whatever I like
Sound: Nice balance between the humbuckers, and the tone controls actually do something. Feature: Sure do wish guitars came with cases, but I must be living back in the 50's to believe this would ever happen. Just a guitar, that was all I got. Ease of Use: It is a very good player, for the price. Only complaint is that the fret edges are a little rough. The weight is excellent - I expected it to be much lighter. Not quite Les Paul heavy, and not basswood light. Quality: Absolutely no complaints with Ibanez quality, I am a firm believer in what they do - 3rd one I've owned and again - price considered - it's an excellent value. Value: Worth what I paid and then some, it was a nice surprise when I plugged it in at home. I won't gig with it (I do not play out much any more - had enough bars already) but for recording, just a sweet deal. Manufacturer Support: NP. The Wow Factor: May not be for everyone, again, it isn't a Nashville custom shop or a Corona, but the price and the guitar, love this one. And for style points, the cherry finish, the inlay, it is a really nice looking instrument. Well done, Ibanez. Overall: I will keep this guitar.

"IBANEZ IS BAAAACK!!!!!" submitted May 3, 2009

Overall
Sound: Got mine new & the trans cherry finish is sizzling! The tones are great & the weight is extremely manageable! Great feel! Feature: none Ease of Use: the dual humbucker pickups are a perfect blend of deep rhythm & crispy lead you need to play any style. Quality: Agree with the rest, the quality is as good as my $1000 Fender, plus this is more versatile. Value: for the money you may never find a solid mahoganey with a set neck. Manufacturer Support: never called The Wow Factor: this guitar oozes sex appeal!

"Silver Axe attack jack & for 3 beans u will never go back(BEST deal u will find ANYWHERE)" submitted June 15, 2009

By a customer from optonline.net
Music Style: Rock,Blues
Sound: EXCELLENT Feature: For 3 beans this Guitar cannot be BEAT!! Ease of Use: I have not been able to put it down yet LOL Quality: EVERYTHING about this guitar is BEAUTIFUL the finish included. Very finely made guitar,will def add another Ibanez to my guitar collection!! Value: At 3 bills u could not do any BETTER,BUY THIS GUITAR u will not believe what a DEAL this baby is!! The Wow Factor: I bought the Silver one and it is Freaking AWESOME I cannot seem tp put it down,it just feels RIGHT DEF a real BEAUTY!! Overall: I will keep this one forever,just add another Ibanez or two to my ever growing collection LOL

"Great for guys who like to mod things." submitted March 24, 2010

Overall
Sound: The stock pickups aren't very good. Rather dull and lifeless. The neck pickup is muddy and the bridge is tinny. I have had the thing to two different setup guys and neither of them can get the intonation right. And they are both very skilled at what they do. So as a result it just never really sounds in tune. I could get into replacing the bridge and the pickups and all that kinda stuff to improve the guitar. But honestly I'm not sure I like the guitar well enough to bother. Feature: I would have marked this higher but the electronics (the pots and switches and so forth) all need to be replaced. Really the only thing on this guitar that's really worth much is the body. If your the kinda guy who like to modify guitars and Frankenstein your own creations, then this might be your monster. Ease of Use: Well since the intonation can't really be set right and it always sounds out of tune, it's not really that easy to use. Not to mention that the frets on mine needed some serious help. Quality: If I were a young teenager still learning, I would have been in love with this guitar. Until I learned to play well enough to be in a band. Then this guitar would have to go. But I'm not I'm a guy in my mid 30's and I've been playing in a band for nearly two decades. And therefore this guitar just wont due. Value: Well it was purchased to a backup and I can't even really use it for that. Not without spending a bunch more money to mod it. Manufacturer Support: Never had to deal with them The Wow Factor: It's a very nice looking guitar. I'll give it that. That's how I noticed it in the first place. I love the simplistic look. No fret markers no pick guard. Just the 12th fret deco. Very cool look. Overall: If I ever decide to take on a project and mod a guitar this would be my choice. But for an off the shelf use it as it is? Not really my cup of tea.

When you call, mention priority code 176T-CKHC. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976