When you call, mention priority code 1439-WJDC

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez AM93 Artcore

Perfect for smaller players, this electric guitar from Ibanez contains traditional semi-acoustic elements with a smaller size.

Overall

"The Ibanez AM93AYS Semi-Hollowbody is Off-the-Hook Amazing" submitted October 16, 2011

By a customer from chucke.com
Musical Background: Active Musician and Guitar Collector
Music Style: Rock and Blues
Sound: The sound of this guitar is great, thanks to the Custom 58 Ibanez pickups, the semi-hollow body, and excellent neck and fretwork. I use it mostly for blues, and it gets that great, full 335 sound in a smaller body size. Feature: The construction, fit, and setup of my guitar are perfect. The top and back have a burl-flame pattern that is off the hook. This guitar is as beautiful as it is well-built. There's nothing on this guitar that requires upgrading. Ease of Use: It's a two-humbucker guitar with a basic Gibson wiring pattern (two volume, two tone). You use it just like any other semi-hollow with a similar setup. But the guitar is so well made, the sounds that come out of it are fantastic. The neck is not too fat, not too slim. The fretwork is great. The only adjustment I made out of the box was to lower the action a bit by lowering the bridge. I didn't have to intonate the guitar or mess with the truss rod. Quality: I made this number lower not because my particular guitar is low quality (it is a 10 in my opinion) but I know other people who have ordered the same model and their flame patterns have been less spectacular than mine, and one had frets with sharp ends. I think Ibanez could benefit from a bit better quality control. I have read reviews from other buyers, though, who have gotten guitars just as good as mine. Value: I've shown this guitar to friends at the local blues jams, after they've heard me play it and heard how great it sounds, then I tell them I paid $550 for it and their jaws drop to the floor. Similar "American brand" guitars with the same body size sell for $3,000 and don't look as nice and can't possibly play or sound better. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had a support issue yet, but Ibanez in known for pretty good customer service. The Wow Factor: Like I said, mine is off-the-hook beautiful and a joy to play. I haven't brought another one of my guitars to the jams since I bought this one (and I have a lot of great guitars). Overall: This is now my #1 player guitar. I don't ever expect to sell it.

"Wow, what an eye opener and a sweet sound to boot" submitted August 12, 2013

By Glenn Baker in Chillicothe, MO
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing 60 years and this is my first Ibanez believe it or not and it is a keeper. I have owned or played the rest .
Music Style: Play good old country, rock-a-billy and rock-n-roll. No distortion just sweet music.
Overall: I just bought a new red Ibanez AM93 and what a beautiful semi hollow body guitar to look at. Very attractive quilted top, sides and body with full binding all the way around to cap things off. It set up easy with low action and fast fingering which is my cup of tea. The pickups read S 58 on the metal cover of the pickups and they give off a sweet mellow Gretsch-ish tone which sold me instantly on this gem. It's frets and finish are perfect and flawless, really a well done guitar despite being made in China. They sure made a beauty here. Could not be happier ! Thanks Ibanez !! Glenn

"Great sound" submitted September 17, 2012

By Sharleen L
Overall
Musical Background: Off and on for 10 years, recreationally.
Music Style: Blues
Overall: I've had this guitar a few months now and I love it. It sounded great right out of HHS box, tuned and ready to play. I use amp applications through my iPad and have no problems connecting. I am 5'2 so the smaller size is perfect for me. It looks beautiful and seems to be well crafted. No sharp edges or protruding frets. Smooth finish. I would definitely suggest this guitar to friends.

"A new Artcore model you don't want to miss out on!" submitted December 21, 2011

Music Style: classic rock, blues
Sound: The sound is great. Ibanez describes the pups as 'responsive' and I agree. It tunes and intonates great, due to the bridge and tailpiece. It sounds as good at the 14th fret as it does at the 3rd. A real joy to play. Upper fretboard is literally unlimited due to the double cutaway. All I can say is Kudos to Ibanez, and when are they going to make another new model ? Feature: Beautiful guitar with good workmanship. A little flaw in the binding, but this is a guitar under $600. You have to look real hard to find any cosmetic flaws. The other appointments (including the binding material itself) more than compensates for the almost boutique quality of this instrument. The quilt maple top back and sides are gorgeous. The binding is an imitation of the ivoroid type, most notably used on Hamer guitars. This may explain the lack of 'complete' perfection in its application. No complaints here. Ease of Use: Plays great, sounds great. The neck profile is near perfect. It differs slightly from the AG-TRD series (my AG-TRD has the perfect neck profile). This guitar is hard to put down once you start playing. Quality: See all the above. I am an Ibanez fan for the last 10 years since they introduced the Artcore models. Value: An American made counterpart would run you into at least $2000. I'm not saying the American made equivalent wouldn't be better, but nowhere near $1500 better. In my opinion, you cannot beat the Artcore series for value. Manufacturer Support: NA. Never had a problem with an Ibanez guitar. The Wow Factor: All of the above. Overall: I would replace it yesterday.
14 of 15 people (93.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Ibanez AM93 Ays" submitted March 24, 2012

By Chris L
Musical Background: 25 years of experience
Music Style: Jazz, rock, metal, fusion, blues
Sound: The sound is okay, I kept reading all the available reviews and how the pickups were great. My honest opinion is that they are okay but not enough detailed. The guitar could use upgraded pickups. I have tried numerous amps and configurations with it but its missing some tonal spectrum found on other guitars. Feature: The dual tone / volume controls la Gibson sure are nice to have and great to be able to blend both pickups for more versatile adjustments. Ease of Use: The guitar neck is thick but not wide so it is easy to play. Frets could be larger but that is just my personal taste. The action adjustment is a little limited as the neck cannot just be unbolted for further adjustments without taking it to an experienced luthier shop. The overall playability is just fine for the price of this guitar. Quality: The product is very well made. Excellent quality and value. The frets are not very tall so expect to change them if you play and gig a lot. Manufacturer Support: Had no issues so far so I can't comment on manufacturer support. I have owned Ibanez guitars for 25 years and they are extremely reliable. Overall: Great value

When you call, mention priority code 1439-WJDC. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976