When you call, mention priority code 1559-GR7Z

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez AEF30

With a slimmer body and neck than most acoustics, this guitar is extremely comfortable, but still produces a great acoustic sound.

Overall

"Inform Justin Timberlake that this guitar took sexy back...." submitted August 14, 2007

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Musical Background: Minstrel
Music Style: Folk, rock, classical
Sound: This guitar sounds great. It has a warm, bright sound and good tonal distinction. I give it a 9 only because the bass is a little weak, probably due to the top being too stiff, and it is a little bit on the quiet side. Once you plug it in, though, those become non-issues, as both bass and volume can easily be adjusted. Feature: For the money, this is an amazingly well-built guitar. I love to look of the flamed maple top; it's definitely one of the most awesome looking woods out there. The all-maple body means that this guitar is pretty heavy for it's size, but also incredibly sturdy. The onboard electronics are great. A 9 here because the tuning machines are a little on the shoddy side; they have a lower-than-ideal gear ratio, I believe, and they occasionally feel a little sticky. I haven't had any major problems with them though. Ease of Use: The action is great! She buzzes a bit with hard strumming, but for fingerpicking this is an ideal instrument. The electronics are very simple as well, no difficulties there. Quality: A very sturdy instrument here. Looks awesome, the neck is straight, the bridge is solidly attached. I wouldn't take it on the road yet, because it still looks so shiny and new. Once I stop worrying about the finish getting dinged, I have no doubt that this guitar will stand up to whatever comes at it, short of a speeding 18-wheeler. Value: Definitely worth the money. I played about 50 guitars at various places before settling on this one, and few of them had better sound... fewer still could be the price! The Wow Factor: As I seem to keep reaffirming, this guitar is beautiful. Abalone rosette and mother-of-pearl on the headpiece, gold tuners, flamed maple. Somebody call Justin Timberlake and let him know that this guitar took sexy back. Overall: I'll be sticking with this guitar for as long as it holds up, and I expect that to be quite a long time. I might get a 12-string at some point, but I doubt this little number is going to be replaced.

"THIS IS ONE SWEET GUITAR!!" submitted May 4, 2006

By a customer from taconic.net
Musical Background: musician, engineer
Music Style: country, soft rock & folk
Sound: The sound of this guitar is incredible. It's bright yet warm with excellent mids and highs. Tight low end. The action is SUPERB. It plays like an electric guitar. The electronics are top of the line. Very clean, very quiet and the "sound shaping" feature is perfect. Unbelievable. Quality: The finish is gorgeous. The Antique Cherry Violin is absolutely beautiful! Solid construction. Value: It's worth at leat 3 times what it sells for. I have 3 Martins and I have to say I like the Ibanez better. Don't get me wrong. I love my Martins too but this guitar dollar for dollar gives you a lot more. It plays better too. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with support. Overall: I'll have this guitar forever. I'm not parting with it. I still have my Ibanez 12 string that I bought in 1980! Ibanez makes a great guitar.

"Surprisingly Good!" submitted July 12, 2008

By a customer from netzero.com
Musical Background: Hobbyist/Active Musician
Music Style: Folk and rock
Sound: The sound of the unamplified guitar is good. It doesn't project as much or have as much depth or volume as say a spruce top. However, amplified, the sound image was surprisingly good after some twiddling with the EQ dials. Feature: The built-in XLR input is great! The tuner is fairly accurate. The easily removable 9V battery holder for the preamp is an added convenience. The ~matched bookend flame maple top is pretty striking for the price. Unfortunately, it didn't include a case with the price. The strap button on the heel of the neck is also appreciated. Haven't played around too with the notch filter so can't say how effective it is. Ease of Use: Very user friendly. Quality: Excellent. Value: I own a D35 Martin, am J100xtra jumbo Gibson and a 30 year old D15M Guild with arched back and I have to say the quality of this guitar holds up well against them. Manufacturer Support: n/a The Wow Factor: My answer also considers that my 14 year old daughter for whom I purchased it, is completely satisfied. She had her sights on a lesser V series Ibanez but I couldn't bring myself up to paying $200 for a product which wasn't gratifying to play. I thought by getting her this guitar, it would be more encouraging to her in her efforts and helping her learn more easily. Anyway, if she decides that it isn't her cup of tea, guess who'll end up playing it? Overall: See above.

"I Love My Baby!" submitted July 25, 2012

By a customer from cox.net in Stafford, CT
Overall
Musical Background: 9 Years: harmonica, flute, Irish penny whistle, bagpipe chanter, guitar (want to learn violin and piano) I'm in a marching band
Music Style: Classic/Instrumental pieces, rock, Irish (jigs, reels, ballads), blues, country, Latin (mambo, flamenco, salsa, pop), and anythi
Sound: I love the mellow tones of the acoustic, mixed with the power of an electric. As a lead guitar, he responds excellently to fingerpicking, though hrad strumming is sometimes an issue (the bass strings buzz a little). Also, I find myself constantly retuning the guitar after serious playing. But overall, I'd give the sound a 9.5 out of ten! Feature: My favorite part about this guitar is its color. I'm a big "sunburst" kind of gal, and my Fender is the same style but with natural wood tones. I really, really love the blue though, and the shape of the guitar is perfect for my stature (petite, but with longish arms). My least favorite part is the built-in tuner- mine's all wonky. I mostly tune by ear, and when I used the tuner it says I'm three notes off. But since I use a piano to tune, it's pretty useless anyway. Ease of Use: This is by far my best guitar, acoustically speaking. I have small hands with long slender fingers, like a pianist, which aren't ideal for bar chords or long practices. However, the guitar's slender mahogany neck allows me to play for longer without hurting myself or having to overextend my fingers. Also, like I said before, the body fits perfectly in my arms and doesn't weight on my hips when I play, like the heavier electrics. Quality: The craftmanship on the body is remarkable- when I picked it up, it was older and had been used onstage by a local band. Other than having to replace the pick-up and tuner, it looked practically mint. This guitar's bound to last a long time, with regular maintenance. Value: The AEF30E is more than worth the price I got it for, which is much less than what is listed here since it was picked. But even at $400, it's going to be worth every penny. Manufacturer Support: Never dealt with Ibanez, since I've never had a problem. I went to Falcetti's for the repairs I needed initially, but I haven't had a problem since then. The Wow Factor: I love this guitar. I typically name my instruments to make them sound better, but this guy had a very exotic, sultry appeal to him- so I named him Xander (my electric fender is Duke, acoustic is Ray). Even if I was offered Gibson's Black Beauty, free of charge, I wouldn't give up my Ibanez. I'd rather save up the money. Overall: I love my AEF3OE, Xander. He's wonderful- 9.5 out of 10!

"Exceeded My Expectations" submitted May 24, 2013

By Dennis M in Derry, NH
Music Style: Rock and Country Blues
Overall: I bought this guitar to use in practices in tight quartes to spare a more expensive axe. Now I am so pleased with it that I will take it to gigs as well. It looks great... i bought the transparent hibiscus, which almost could be called cherry sunburst. The inlay and finish are great and the action and rosewood fingerboard make it very easy to play. The size is also very comfortable for me as I am used to acoustics. It is comparable to a Martin D-15, but with a cutaway.I am suspicious of the tuners and am keeping an eye on their performance, but can easily replace them with gold grovers if need be. It came with medium gauge strings which exerted too much pressure on the neck, causing the strings to go sharp. I replaced them immediately with a custom light gauge and it alleviated the problem.This guitar is truly worth the price, is working well, and is looking good doing it.

" Ibanez AEF30E Transarent Violet Sunburst" submitted January 5, 2014

Musical Background: Piano, Guitar
Music Style: Rock, RnB, Electronic
Overall: I had a vintage guitar from the 70s and although the sound was better, the playability was very difficult. When I finally got the AEF guitar I was surprised by how easy it was to play even with .12 gauge D'addario EXP strings! The difference was like night and day! The thinner depth and slimmer body shape makes it comfortable to play compared to a dreadnought. However due to the smaller shape and all laminate body there is less bass/low end. A positive is that the notes and chords are alot clearer. The finish is amazing front, back, and sides are all flame maple with a ebony bridge (not sure if true ebony or dyed). It's too bad the fretboard isn't made of ebony as well. Electronics works fine, built in tuner makes tuning alot easier. I don't have an acoustic amp so haven't try plugging it in yet. Shipping was also extremely fast, arrived in less than 5 days.

"BEST VALUE ON ACCOUSTIC/ELECTRIC IN THE U.S.A." submitted February 7, 2006

By a customer from carolina.rr.com
Music Style: Rock/Christian contemporary
Sound: I WILL SOON BE BUYING THIS GUITAR. I AM 50 YEARS OLD AND HAVE BEEN PLAYING FOR 34 YEARS. I HAVE OWNED MARTINS, TAYLORS, GUILD, ETC. FOR THE PRICE, THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE BEST ACCOUSTIC, ELECTRIC ON THE MARKET!! THE IBANEZ SYSTEM SOUNDS SO NATUARL. Feature: THE ON BOARD TUNER IS GREAT. THE SHAPE IS ALSO WONDERFUL. Quality: WELL MADE GUITAR. Value: ABSOLUTELY THE BEST FOR THE MONEY. The Wow Factor: I WOULD LOVE TO GET THE ORANGE SUNBURST, BUT CAN'T GET UNLESS I ORDER. I WILL SETTLE FOR THE BLACK OR MARINE SUNBURST. Overall: I WILL BE USING THIS GUITAR ON SUNDAY'S. I PLAY IN MY CHURCHES PRAISE BAND. THIS WILL ALLOW ME TO PLAY MY TAYLORE 710E ON SPECIAL OCCASIONS.

"A Beginner's Overview of the Ibanez AEF30E. " submitted June 23, 2011

Music Style: Country, Alternative
Sound: Beautiful instrument but sounds a bit tinny until plugged into my Roland Micro Cube amp then the bass rings out and the full-fledge range of its high and low notes are truly appreciated. Value: I rated this guitar a 10 due to its quality looks and sounds. It is a best value purchase for beginners or intermediate players looking for a a truly good investment. Manufacturer Support: Have not had any experience with the company that manufactures Ibanez, but from other reviews understand they are more than responsive with any issues that may arise. I have had no repairs since this is a recent purchase (May 2011). Overall: I expect this will be a long term relationship with a beautiful instrument and would consider replacing it with an indentical model if it ever became necessary.

"What id expect for the price" submitted October 3, 2012

By Jake M
Overall
Overall: First off with any new guitar, the truss rod is going to need some adjustment, After properly adjusting it, Low string fret buzzes around 2nd frets. Also seems to buzz on really heavy strumming. Such a shame on such nice sounding guitar On the upside it has a amazing finish, Vintage Violin, It looks like more of a sunburst in person but i still love it. On board tuner is accurate and a life safer. On board EQ has a wide range of tones. This guitar more emphasizes on the highs i think but can really muck out lows as well. It is well balanced with the EXP strings it came with. They are very crisp sounding, It holds tuning alright. Seems to go sharp when i leave it in the basement. Neck is slender. Unplugged its not very outgoing, So if your expecting (like me) a acou/electric like this one to sound warm and oozing tone you should look somewhere else. overall a nice sounding guitar for the price but would not buy it for its stand-alone acoustic abilities.

"Pro quality for a song" submitted August 10, 2008

Overall
Music Style: Whatever pays, but prefer classic rock, Zep, Beatles, Cream...
Sound: Played alone it is a bit off sounding, tonal characteristic don't match, a little to bright, plug it in however and it sounds great. And it is made to be plugged in, XLR and it is only a few inches deep, carved back or not you are not going to get a great tone unamplified. Feature: Nice tuners, hold tune forever. Ease of Use: It plays like a dream, the action is not quite on par with my Les Paul, but it is close, and I have not had this guitar set up yet! I also have fret buzz when I am playing very aggressively, most of it does not come through the amp and I am sure it will improve when I get it set up. I can also eliminate the buzz if I use proper technique. Quality: Flawless, absolutely gorgeous guitar that is built like a tank due to the maple used in it. I have the marine blue and everyone who sees it comments on how beautiful it is. The matched bookend top is way off, only a few of the bands line up, but the finish and translucent finish make up far that, and if they were perfect these guitars would be a grand plus. Value: I paid 300 for this guitar which came with a serious Levi gig bag. The guitar was brand new, not a scratch on it. Manufacturer Support: Poor, supposedly this thing has a built in tuner and I have no idea how to use it and can not find a manual online. If anyone knows how to use the tuner would you be so kind as to email me instructions? here is my address jonsmorris@hotmail.com The Wow Factor: Own it, it is a keeper. I have been playing forever and have gone through innumerable acoustics and this guitar is a match for any of them. Remember this a stage guitar, it is meant to played plugged in and loud, not strumming for your girlfriend on the couch, if you want that get a Yamaha in the same price range. Overall: This guitar fullfills all my needs, and will be my primary guitar as long as it lasts.

"Great Buy!" submitted September 27, 2005

Overall
Sound: It has an awesome bright sound,very full. Feature: Good electronics. Quality: Overall a very well made guitar.

"Ibanez AEF30E Acoustic-Electric Cutaway" submitted August 21, 2012

Overall
Overall: I like the lighter sounding tone of this Ibanez compared to my Fender acoustic. I love the built in tuner.

Ibanez AEF30 Customer Review submitted October 9, 2008

Musical Background: Home Studio Production
Music Style: Alot of stuff
Sound: The body is quite thin, just like the sound. Feature: The tuner was an awesome feature but after a year it stopped working. As did the 1/4 inch jack. But the xlr plug is great Ease of Use: If you're using light strings this guitar is going to sound tinny like a banjo. Also the body loves to scream about the frets, so fret sliding is really loud and troublesome and the fret buzz can be unbearable Quality: The finish is beautiful. Everything is breaking... Value: I expected so much more. Manufacturer Support: Never tried. The Wow Factor: The paint is gorgeous. Overall: When it all comes down to it, you want to sound good. This guitar isn't a bang for its buck and it isn't a bang on stage. It has beautiful make up on though.

Ibanez AEF30 Customer Review submitted March 19, 2005

Overall
Overall: love the shape and true sounds all around easy on the finger tips

When you call, mention priority code 1559-GR7Z. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976