When you call, mention priority code 174T-4CNR

For delivery by New Year's Eve, order by 2pm EST Monday, Dec 29th with 2-day shipping.

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez AEB5E Bass

Try your hand at the acoustic-electric bass for a reasonable price. With a spruce top and mahogany back and sides, the Ibanez AEB5E resonates with warm lows.

"Very pleased" submitted July 20, 2013

By a customer from yahoo.com in Moab, UT
Overall
Musical Background: Bass for Steelbender 191, use Ibanez and BC Rich guitars, use TC Electronics and Fender Amps
Music Style: Hard Rock / Southern Rock / Alternative
Overall: I wanted an acoustic bass to play around with basically, not every song we write has use for one. however, the price was right. The Bass arrived about two days after I ordered it, it was packaged well, it sounds great with or without amp and everything seems to work, and it was practically in tune out of the box...I'm very pleased and may do a lot more acoustic stuff than originally planned.

"Interesting experience!" submitted May 16, 2012

By Anthony Yuro II in San Clemente, CA
Musical Background: Begginer
Music Style: Blues, Rock, Christian.
Overall: First, I ordered a factory second guitar to save money. When it arrived, the built in tuner did not work. I was bummed and called ZZZounds. Since it was a factor second, only thing they could do is refund my money. This sounds bad but - they were COMPLETELY willing to do so, ready to make it right the only way they could. Awesome customer service. Taking a step further, they gave me the number to Ibanez. They said, hey, factory second so no warranty. BUT - then they asked for the serial number. The second was due to finish, not electronics. New tuner arrived in my mail box in less than a week. Awesome customer service from Ibanez!Even with the problem, this was a great purchase, with outstanding customer service all around. Love my instrument. Love learning to play it. Appreciate everyone's help and attention.I will be a ZZZounds customer and Ibanez player for life!
17 of 18 people (94.44%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Really bad, then decent" submitted April 26, 2014

By Felix N in New Port Richey, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing over 40 years, some professionally, just a hobbie now.
Music Style: Rock, metal, funk, etc...
Sound: With better strings and correct set up it sounds OK. Mellow finger picking sound with a bit more bite using a pick. Doesn't project super well, but it does the job for practicing unplugged Feature: Pretty basic components and materials. Workmanship seems OK (at least the manufacturing of major parts). Ease of Use: If you're not experienced setting up or adjusting guitars, take it to a tech. Took quite a bit of set up to get a decent sound or even make it playable. Quality: Seems well made but would recommend better inspection before shipping the product. It was almost returned because of the poor set up when it was received. Value: Its an inexpensive bass so you kinda get what yo pay for, but it should at least be delivered in a playable condition (which mine was not). Manufacturer Support: Didn't have to deal with them so I can't comment. The Wow Factor: No real wow factor, just a decent sounding, inexpensive bass (after proper set up) Overall: The Bad: Out of the box, it was absolutely awful. The neck was bowed so badly, the strings were laying directly on the fret board. Literally unplayable. If you were a beginner or had no experience working on guitars or basses you would have boxed it up and returned it immediately (I almost did). Thought maybe the string tension had been relaxed for shipping, but nope... it was just that badly bowed. Luckily they included a truss rod adjustment tool (of which I have several), and was able to adjust the neck. Even with the adjustment, it had terrible fret buzz on every string (not quite unplayable but very close. Luckily (again) they included a taller saddle. So after replacing the original strings, adjusting the truss rod and replacing the saddle... I finally had a functioning instrument.The Good: as I mentioned, luckily they included a truss rod adjustment tool and an extra (taller) saddle (kudos to them for that), so after a complete set up it actually played and sounded decent. Not great, but good enough considering the low cost. The intonation was way off as well, but adjusting the neck and replacing the saddle helped considerably. Still not perfect, but not too bad.Overall the finish and hardware are pretty good and the onboard tuner is a nice plus (when plugged in) so it really ended up being a decent acoustic bass, for practicing, which was all I was really looking for. But, I would have thought someone from the factory would have noticed the badly bowed neck or at the very least checked the playability before shipping it. Had I been a first time buyer or novice it would have been shipped back and I would've been hugely disappointed. Not the impression a company like Ibanez wants for a first time buyer.

"Nice Bass" submitted August 17, 2011

Musical Background: Musician", "Recording
Music Style: Music You Make Rock
Sound: I had heard that a lot of Acoustic basses strings rattle and was a little worried about that, but this bass has a little rattle, but with good placement of the fingers on the frets and you can get a lot of the rattle(if any)out,for the money I realy like the bass Feature: not real crazey about having to have a cord plugged in to the input for the tuner to work, so I used a guitar end with out the cord, works great Ease of Use: easy to use and plays great Quality: seems to be made well, some of the frets close to the body are kind of scratchy on your fingers, could be the weather. Value: yes Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: good loking bass guitar Overall: I plan on keeping this bass for a long time
19 of 23 people (82.61%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Sweet sounds and great looks." submitted January 24, 2012

By dan downard in milwaukie, OR
Overall
Musical Background: Bass player for pleasure.
Music Style: blues, rock, country
Overall: Just recieved my AEB5E and I am very impressed. sounds great plugged and unplugged. A great addition to my guitar collection.

"It does what I want it to do at a great price." submitted November 29, 2011

By a customer from att.net
Musical Background: playing for 38 years
Music Style: county,blues, christin, faltpick
Sound: I got and caustic bass guitar with built in pickup. It sounds great. The caustic sounds great when I am just jamming at the house with my kids ... and it sounds great plugged in. Great price. The Wow Factor: I like the versatility of playing with caustic guitars and the ability to plug it in to a sound system when on stage. The Acustic base is a great guitar that a lot of people don't even know about.

When you call, mention priority code 174T-4CNR. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976