When you call, mention priority code 15TX-K0Z2

Rating and Reviews: Ibanez AEB10E

The Ibanez AEB10E is a solid acoustic bass for a great value. With Fishman Sonicore pickups and a spruce top, the AEB10E sounds great amped or acoustic.

"This one delivers!" submitted April 22, 2005

By a customer from utmb.edu
Music Style: jazz, blues, folk
Sound: Bright solid tone without any low end loss. I play mainly jazz and folk and it provides a warm expressive sound unplugged for small acoustic sessions. Plugged in it is just as impressive. The Fisher SST pickups provide full range and there is no feedback. I tried a lot of different acoustic-electric basses before buying and this had the best sound for the dollar. Feature: The on-board tuner is a nice touch and easy to use. The use of AA batteries instead of nine volts is a big improvement. Quality: The fit and finish are good and wood selections really deliver in the tone. Value: Good sound, good features, beats out others in the same price category. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with service, but web site for Ibanez is very helpful. The Wow Factor: Black with nice mother of pearl inlay and binding. Overall: I was just looking for an acoutic electric bass to play unplugged with friends, but will probably be using this more than I originally planned. It is just that good.
55 of 56 people (98.21%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great Guitar...Great Price....Great Features.....Great SOUND!" submitted September 25, 2008

By a customer from suntrust.com
Musical Background: Performing Musician - Studio Musician
Music Style: Americana, Blues, Rock (Bass only)
Sound: Between the audio levels on the amp and then again on the guitar itself...there is diverse array of sounds you can achieve with this guitar. You can sound like a traditional electric....or acoustic as a stand-up. Acoustically....it's not very loud...but for back porch music...it's pretty good! (Get a cube amp.....at least.) Feature: The on-board tuner can identify any chromatic note thus making open tuning possible (not that I do). The phase button gives the sound a very deep resonance much like an electric bass. Ease of Use: This guitar is very user friendly - you can accomplish many sounds with the audio level adjustments. The action is low and the frets seem reasonably spaced around medium length. Quality: I'm hoping the tuner and phase buttons will withstand the constant contact, and I hope the plastic casing for the batteries do not break. All of these features seem a little flimsey. Value: So far, I believe it is a tremendous value for it's sound and abilities. Manufacturer Support: I didn't need to address Ibanez for support...but it wasn't easy finding a case for this. I had to order one on-line...which meant I had the guitar almost a week worried about transporting it without a hard case. zZounds had the best overall price, in stock and speedy delivery! The Wow Factor: Playing an acoustic/electric bass adds spice to our Americana band. One would think of 70's style folk music with all acoustic guitars...or even a mariachi band in the least....until you crank up the electric amps behind them! Overall: So far, I can't really see anything bad to say about it except some of the materials used for the on-board tuner, battery compartment, and audio levels. It is a very nice looking guitar...and MUCH Lighter than your traditional electric. It has a wide range of sound ability....without the cost and bothers of pedals.

"Buy This Bass!" submitted February 5, 2007

Music Style: Rock, Ska
Sound: Great sound, mellow and clear. Holds its own unplugged better than many higher-priced instruments. Plugged in, the high end is a little bit weaker than I'd like, but for the money, this bass is fantastic. Feature: On-board tuner and eq are great. I also like the fact that it uses AA batteries. Ease of Use: Great action right out of the box. I find it a little harder to play than my (Fender knockoff) electric, but not as much as I would have guessed. Quality: This is a really well-made instrument. It's solid, and you can tell they paid attention to the details. This bass is beautiful--I have the natural finish model, which is gorgeous. My only regret is that sometimes, I wish I'd opted for the black. Its high-gloss finish is really beautiful. Value: I played a lot of acoustic/electrics before I bought this one. The only better instruments were much, much more expensive. In its price range, nothing can touch this bass. Manufacturer Support: Don't know. Never had need for support The Wow Factor: I love this bass! Overall: I can't imagine looking to upgrade from this instrument; It's all I need and more.
17 of 18 people (94.44%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Sweet Bass guitar, any bassist would be proud to own!" submitted March 5, 2006

Overall
Feature: Built in tuner this acoustic/electric is awsome! Quality: Finish is BEAUTIFUL! But like all things black, you'll have to keep it wiped down or else those pesky fingerprints add up. Value: $350.00 for an acoustic/electric? Awsome price for an awsome guitar! The Wow Factor: The minute I saw this black beauty I had to have it!

Ibanez AEB10E Customer Review submitted May 10, 2009

Music Style: rock, country
Sound: The sound isn't bad, has some fret buzz. I'm putting Ernie Ball earthtones this week. Feature: Onboard tuner is a nice feature. It's probably my favorite thing about this bass. Ease of Use: The 32" scale makes this ideal for a first bass. Quality: The finish isn't bad, but could be better. Overall: I bought this while I'm deployed to Afganistan. I have two Michael Kelly acoustics at home (Dragonfly and Firefly.) I would reccomend the MK over this one. Though this one is easier to play with the shorter scale, the sound could be a little better. Honestly, for the price Michael Kelly is the way to go.

"Ibanez Acoustic Bass AEB10" submitted June 17, 2014

By John T in Roanoke, VA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing bass for 40+ years, currently practice with the trio weekly and play gigs once a month or so
Music Style: Bluegrass
Overall: I have been really happy with this bass, plays nice, sounds good, looks good, finish and quality of contruction is good. Neck is very slim and easy to play. One of the strings that came on mine was busted and I replaced them with a set of Earnie Balls which sound good and after breaking in they stay in tune fairly well. The pickup and controls are easy to use as is the tuner. Unplugged it is great to be able to pick up by yourself for a few minutes or to take on vacation, etc. Playing with my bluegrass band I definately have to plug it in, but we practice with a small PA and the acoustic guitars, etc. plugged in. The sound pklugged in is very big and full. I got it in the dark violin sunburst which I think is very pretty.

"Oh yes. Supreme." submitted May 9, 2005

Overall
Music Style: AlterNative, old Rock.
Sound: It is loud in comparison to the Fenders (and other brands) of the same price. You probably won't be loud enough to knock women's clothing off, but I don't think you could beat the sound for the price: the lows are warm, and the highs are sweet. Feature: It's got Fishman pickups, a nice EQ/pre-amp (mine has a tuner in it)... I don't think there's more I could ask, really. Quality: The bass itself is beautiful and well-constructed. The tuners are solid, the neck is solid, the body is solid, everything is _solid_. The inlays and black gloss are sexy, quite frankly. I don't really like the plastic that the EQ's panel and knobs are made of, but you can't have everything, and that seems to be a fishman trademark anyways. Value: 500 seems a bit high, but considering it's of considerable quality in comparison to others in the price range and lesser, its very much worth the 350 that's listed here at this store. It's a good alternative to the ovations, if you're on a budget. Manufacturer Support: N/A, but I've heard good things. The Wow Factor: YES. I bought this thing so I could make it emanate it's delicious aural love with my artisan-esque fingertips under the gaze of moonlight! It is both practical and luscious. Yes. I said luscious. If you have a problem with it, take it up with my manager. Overall: Here's the deal. I bought this baby as my first bass. Okay, I know what many of you are thinking: "What the hell is his problem? You're supposed to buy a squier or something as your first bass -- this guy is breaking the fundamental rules of metal \m/!!" That's definitely what every guitarist and bassist told me when I talked to them about it: "It's a waste of money! You can't hear it over other instruments! It's way too expensive! It's just not metal." Here I am, thinking that opinions could be helpful. To hell with that, and to hell with the nay-sayers! I like the sound of acoustic, I like the idea of acoustic, and I like a challenge. They say that playing the acoustic guitar makes you better on the electric. I believe this still holds up for the bass. I don't regret buying this thing in the least. I'm immensely happy that I did. It's attractive, solid, sounds great... nearly all that I could want from it.

"AEB10E Ibanez Bass Guitar worth the price." submitted April 17, 2011

Musical Background: musical hobbyist
Music Style: classical/bluegrass
Sound: Really good sound out of the guitar, for the price. The low E string is a bit twangy, but overall it's expressive and has good volume. Feature: Built in tuner, not too easy to get into the green light for perfect tune, always seems to be sharp or flat slightly. Ease of Use: The guitar easy to use, manual was fine. Right out of the box it's playable. Quality: The bass guitar very well made for the price range. No flaws or imperfections. Very well put together. Value: It's a great value for its price. Manufacturer Support: Have not needed any service from the makers. The Wow Factor: I play violin, upright bass, cello, etc., and the dark violin sunburst color of the bass guitar instantly attracted me. Overall: I don't think I will get anything else. It's what I wanted in a bass guitar.

"Best Acoustic Bass Ever" submitted December 13, 2006

Overall
Sound: Sounds awesome unplugged or plugged into an amp got great highs awesome lows Feature: got a good built in eq u can have total control of the sound from it Ease of Use: im used to electrics and i had no trouble pickin this up and jammin on it Quality: good sturdy Value: best acoustic bass for the money The Wow Factor: looks cool love the black Overall: This is deffently the best for the price and u cant go wrong buying it

"Great Bass for a doublebass player!" submitted February 9, 2011

Music Style: Jazz and Classical
Sound: It's great..I was looking for an acoutic bass guitar that I could relax and play in the evening..since I am a double bass player. I put D addario nylon tapewound. It's really spectacular. Feature: ok

"Pretty good except for the sharp frets" submitted April 4, 2009

By a customer from jammin1.net
Musical Background: Active Bassist
Music Style: Rock, Punk, Metal,
Sound: The sound is pretty good. I haven't played it through an amp very much, but it holds its own unplugged for living-room jams. Feature: The built-In tuner is pretty convenient. This is a lower-priced bass, so I don't know what other 'features' anyone could expect. Ease of Use: I would have given this a 7 if it wasn't for the razor-sharp frets (see quality section). Other than that, this thing plays pretty good. Quality: Made in China. The edges of eight of the frets are very sharp. I've cut my fingers doing slides. Maybe this problem is unique to my bass, but there is no way that anyone inspecting this at the factory could not have known about this. I can fix this with a file, but you shouldn't have to... I have the flat natural finish model, and when it was new there some blotches of overspray on the back of the neck that felt pretty rough. But it smoothed out after a couple weeks of use. Value: I don't know much about other items, nobody stocks acoustic basses at the local music stores. But I think this one is reasonably priced. Manufacturer Support: I'm not going to spend the money to ship this to their support location so they can fix what should have never left the factory in the first place. It is cheaper for me to fix it than the cost of shipping. The Wow Factor: Cheap acoustic basses are not very sexy Overall: Again, my only real complaint is the fret issue, otherwise I would give this a 7. I think you would have to pay a whole lot more to get something better than this. I bought it mainly to use for living-room jams or to practice on when I'm away from my rig, and it works great for that. If you make money playing an acoustic bass, you probably should spend a lot more.

When you call, mention priority code 15TX-K0Z2. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976