When you call, mention priority code 1ZZ-0R2H

Rating and Reviews: GrandMeister Amplifier

Control analog tone and on-board effects remotely from your iPad. Use the power soak mode to run at 36, 18, 5, 1 or even 0 watts for maximum tube breakup.

Overall

"The ultimate amp!" submitted August 5, 2016

By Phillip L in Barnesville, GA
Overall
Musical Background: 20 years of playing electric and acoustic.
Sound: As mentioned above, this amp will do anything and it will do it all very very well. Clean goes from perfectly clear and bell like through Fender twin, really amazing.Crunch is a tour of late 60's through late 70's Marshall tones. Anything you grew up listening to is on this channel. Lead, from late 70's rock to Metallica, it does it all. Having a Marshall voice it's great for hair metal, thrash, glam, etc. With the gain backed down it also provides a nice muscular classic rock tone.Ultra. Mesa inspired and THICK. Huge bottom end on this one, takes all of the fizz out of the lead channel and replaces it with a massive scooped sound which works for any kind of modern metal. I am constantly amazed at how great this amp sounds. Any guitar plugged in sounds great and anything I am in the mood to play can be done. There is a tone in here for everything. I am also amazed with just how well this amp fills the room with a 2x12. It sounds so much bigger than it actually is. Feature: There are so many features on this amp that I do not even know where to start! Let me start here, if you have ever used modeling, like a line6 pod you will be right at home. When you turn the knobs and save your preset the knob location is now saved to that preset. For example, say you set the knobs all at 6 and save the preset. After you've saved the preset you play around with it and now all knobs are at 10, when you click the button to go back to your preset the knobs will be on 6. Without actually moving, the knobs locations are remembered by the amp, so no matter where the knob actually is the sound you hear is of the knob being where you stored it. It may sound crazy or confusing but its really simple and is the greatest feature of this amp for someone who gigs.. How many times have you gotten to the show and had to fix your EQ because it got moved in transit to the venue? NEVER AGAIN! In addition to that, you have build in reverb. Very good reverb at that. There are effects, phaser, flanger, chorus, tremolo, delay. You can run 2 at a time plus the reverb, so you can make some EPIC tones with this thing or use them lightly for a truly massive tone.There is also a noise gate which works at the front and back of the amp, so it's like running 2 intelligent gates, very very useful. Built in H&K redbox DI. This allows you to connect an XLR cable to the back, hook into your D.I into a DAW and record direct from the amp. Or run into FOH and have your stage volume from the speaker cabinet and the room volume through the PA.Build in attenuation. This is my favorite for being a home player. The amp puts down 36 watts, but you can turn it down to 18, 5, 1, or none. So, you can have insane tone at 1 watt! You can truly crank it and still listen to the TV. One of the more useful features here is also the ability to run without a speaker cabinet. Most tube amps cannot be powered on with no speaker, this one however has an internal "dummy load" which means that you can show up to the gig, plug in an xlr cable and play your show without even having a speaker cabinet at all! It's also great for recording because you can sit it on the desk next to your computer, hook into the DAW and be completely silent while recording. It doesn't get better than that for apartment dwellers. Ease of Use: Very very simple to use once you learn what everything does. Be sure to read the manual and it will all make perfect sense. Quality: This head is made in China, that made me very nervous when I got it but after having it for a little while now I can say that I am not worried about that in the slightest anymore. I have been in the amp to replace tubes and everything is made to a very high standard. The workmanship is great and everything is solid. Value: Extremely great value. This amp does so much, direct recording, effects, power attenuation, 4 channels.. It's literally the only amp you will ever need to buy. Manufacturer Support: n/a The Wow Factor: To me it's extremely high. The blue light inside the amp through the clear front panel is enough WOW for most people but the real magic is when you start to play. This amp has so much going for it that I say WOW each time I play the thing.. It's just that great. I honestly wish H&K would make this amp in a full sized 100 watt package for live performance. But then again, why do they need to? This amp is MORE than capable of gigging and again with it's dummy load and direct out you don't even need a cabinet to play an arena gig. Jeff Waters of annihilator uses these for FESTIVAL shows. You can go to this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN13mFGqfDc that is me with my personal grandmeister to see just what this thing will do! Also, as always I must mention zZounds. I did not buy this amp from them since I traded for it used but I HAVE to say how awesome zZounds is. They have a great selection, answer the phone as soon as you call, have the BEST service anywhere and best of all they allow someone like me with not so good credit finance wonderful gear. zZounds is the best and I am truly grateful for them and their payment plans..THANK YOU zZOUNDS!! Overall: Let me start by explaining a little about myself. I've been playing for about 20 years now and I have been through many amps over that time. I've had a pure love/hate relationship with tube amps, I disliked the limited array of tones available from them, the prohibitive cost, and the massive size and weight. For a time I used modeling exclusively because as a gigging guitarist the flexibility of a modeling rig cannot be denied. When you can go from a beautiful sparkling clean to a nasty overdrive with a single button click it's hard to not be happy with that. And to do it with a single floor unit vs an entire rack of gear of half a stage of pedals is even better. I finally convinced myself to go with tube amps and I went through a few, the most useable being the Marshall JVM410H, it offered great flexibility and tone but weight nearly 70lbs! I stopped gigging and just became a home player and home recording artist. I had the Marshall JCM 800 2203x which is an absolutely wonderful and amazing amplifier in it's own right but it is extremely loud, far far too loud for home use. So, what was I to do? Marshall doesn't make a useful small tube amp, the DSL line leaves a lot to be desired. I tried modeling again, but after months of tubes I just couldn't go back. One day I was offered one of these awesome Hughes and Kettner amps in trade for my Marshall 2203. I was very hesitant but I watched some demos and decided to go for it. The Marshall was literally so loud that I hadn't even played in weeks because my wife and children just couldn't take it, even with the volume on 1. So, in the interest of actually being able to play the guitar at home I got the little grandmeister and I am extremely happy that I did. The grandmesiter amp is, in my opinion the ultimate amplifier. The clean channel is so beautiful, it can do bell like, spanky, chimey, it will do anything that you want it to do. Then add some reverb, delay, etc and it really comes to life, kick in the boost and you've got amazing late 60's silver/blackface tones. The crunch channel is pure Marshall goodness, when the gain is kept low it's very much like a JTM 45, bringing the gain up gets you into super lead range easily. You can go from AC/DC, Zep, Sabbath, you name it and this amp will do it. Again, kick in the boost, toss on some effects and you have an all in one solution for anything classic rock.The lead channel picks up where the 1959 SLP stops and the 2203 begins. Low gain gives a nice thick crunch sound, very late 70's type of tone. Going higher on the gain brings you though Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, etc. It will easily get into Metallica range, and then you still have the boost! Ultra, this one really sets the amp apart, it is Mesa Boogie voiced. Imagine having a dual rectifier in the same box as a JCM 800, a 1959SLP, and a JTM45, with a little silver face in there too.. That's what you get with this amp.

When you call, mention priority code 1ZZ-0R2H. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976