When you call, mention priority code 171J-ZWQW

Rating and Reviews: Hartke VX115 Bass Cab

Characterized by an aggressive attack and a full-bodied bottom end, the VX115 exemplifies the Hartke sound.

"Great Cabinet" submitted April 14, 2009

Music Style: Rock, Country
Sound: This cabinet has been a great cabinet for me. I power it with a Hartke 4000 400w head. I`ve had this cabinet since 2003. Feature: It is a decent 15 inch speaker. I use this cabinet by its self or with my VX410 cabinet. Needs castors if you do alot of gigging with it but its pretty light. Ease of Use: It is a very versitile cabinet. Just plug your head in and play. Not a big cab but it has great sound. Quality: Its a great looking cabinet. The carpet gives it a great look but the carpet isnt very rugged. Very dependable for me so far. I mostly play it with my VX410 cab and played gigs almost every weekend for 5 years. Value: Hartke VX115 cabinets are worth what you pay thats for sure. I play country, and Rock it rocks for me. Manufacturer Support: Blew the speaker after about a year after i got it and got a free replacement from the place i got it from with no problems. The Wow Factor: I think all of the Harkte cabinets are great looking for the price. Overall: For the price its a steal if you are just starting out like i was when i bought my rig. I have the Hartke VX410 cab, the VX115 cab and its powered by a Hartke 4000 400w head and still have it today.

"This cab is not for serious bassists!!" submitted April 4, 2007

Overall
Musical Background: working bassist with a day job.
Music Style: Classic Rock, Oldies, Country, whatever the venue wants
Sound: This Cab sounds OK, if you totally underpower it at less than 100 Watts RMS, 8 ohm. I tried it as an extension for a guitar amp, and that sounded a little better at higher freqs. For use in real live gigs, where more bass volume is necessary, this thing blats and crackles like a sheep frying bacon. So, save up a few more bucks for and SWR or a Fender. Feature: I bought this because I believed it was the lightest 300W bass cab around, only to discover it is only rated 150W RMS, and the tweeter blew at 175W. Ease of Use: Low volumes are all this thing will handle. If you approach max rating, it "airs" out quickly and distorts horribly. Quality: The cabinet seems pretty sturdy, but is way lighter than other similiar cabs, and the speakers totally suck! If you can get one cheap enough to re-speaker it, tweeter too, it may be worth the money, otherwise, keep saving. Value: Comparitively inexpensive, but not worth it in the long haul. Manufacturer Support: I voided my warranty by replacing the junk paper cone with a heavier duty after market driver, and left the horn out, as a port. So I don't know how well I would have been treated by hartke. The Wow Factor: Looks cool, sounds poor. Overall: I am already saving up for its final replacement. An SWR Working Pro 115.
15 of 17 people (88.24%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Buyers beware, read this before you purchase this cabinet!" submitted February 16, 2006

Overall
Sound: At first, I thought the sound was fine when I was practicing in the basement. However, when I went to rehearsal, this whimpy bass cabinet just couln't handle it. Problem #1. I ended up having to replace the speaker because it blew. Mind you, I do not play that loud. I had my Hartke 3500 up to around 2.5 or 3. The volume wasn't the problem. The problem was this piece of crap had a 15" speaker in it on printed on the magnet it clearly stated 150watt. This was the first thing that totally pissed me off. Then I realized the tweeter was blown too. Guess what? this thing had 75"watt printed on the back of the tweeter magnet. I ended up replacing the Hartke 15" speaker with this kick but 15" (not a Hartke)with a 120 oz. magnet. Now THIS is the sound I was looking for. It totally kicks. My advise to all you bass players, spend a little extra and get a REAL cabinet. Feature: N/A Quality: The cabinet is light weight and built well. However, the sound and the speaker quality is the WORST! Value: I ended up replacing the crappy 15" speaker for a serious 15" speaker that cost me $180 plus labor. Manufacturer Support: Spend wisely and buy another bass cabinet. The Wow Factor: Sex appeal? Okaaay...Um, the cabinet LOOKS really nice but, the quality SUCKS! Overall: I've already moved on. I hope there aren't too many people that made the same mistake that I have. I hope to have a few people reconsider buying one of these crappy cabinets. If you do decide to take the plunge, ask the sales person to open up the cabinet and show you the speaker and tweeter. If he/she doesn't don't buy it! Run!!! Quickly!! Seriously, what the heck kinda crappy speakers are they using for these cabinets? I was told by my sales person just like the description of this product, it can handle 300-350watts.. SO WRONG!!!

"You can buy something better" submitted March 5, 2004

Music Style: Rock, balads, gospel and everything else
Sound: Good sound but you have to be careful because it not handle good power. Feature: It's look good. Quality: In the past in had one of this and I used it with my hartke 4000 head(only 220 Watts at 8 ohm) and it's blow up. So when my friend on the store chek the speaker and the horn, this two things was totaly dead. We saw than the 300watts is not RSM. It is only program. So I had to change for a Hartke VX410 and 7 months later, I have a similar problem with this one. Hartke VX series has great sound, but if you want plenty of power go for the XL series or look for the SWR cabs. Value: Good price but with a little more money you can buy something better.

When you call, mention priority code 171J-ZWQW. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976