When you call, mention priority code 1579-HDWS

Rating and Reviews: Hartke LH1000 Bass Head

Drive your bass rig with this 2x500-watt amp head. With a 12AX7 Class A tube preamp circuit, and XLR DI, Speakon and 1/4" outputs, it's ready for any gig.

"The Real Deal" submitted May 17, 2011

Musical Background: Pro
Music Style: Funk
Sound: Funk, warmth, punch, whatever adjective bass players use, it has it. Feature: LOVE the 3 band EQ..no one really knows what the 10 band eq does and if you do, no one else can pick it out so why bother? Only thing I wish it had was a pre-amp and master instead of just one. Ease of Use: Step 1: Push power Step 2: Play bass Quality: You wouldn't want to drop it on your foot. Value: Felt like I stole something Manufacturer Support: Larry is the best! The Wow Factor: Has more sex appeal than Hollie Berry during the early 2000's Overall: Don't even look at or care about other brands.

"Love Hurts!" submitted March 30, 2010

By a customer from rocketmail.com
Musical Background: Professional - its my living
Music Style: Modern Country, Rock
Sound: Provided great tone... before one of the amps crapped out on me.. I play through a Hartke 2x15 and a 4x10. Massive Sound! I'm a firm believer that great sound is more of a combination of wood and fingers.. Feature: One of the reasons I bought this was becuase it did not have "too many" knobs, too many bells and whistles. I like things simple. This head is simple "but" provides great tone. Ease of Use: So simple to set up. Power cord, 2 speaker cables or 1 speakon connection.. bass, mid, treble, boost.. simplicity at its best Quality: I have only had this head about 7 months and the right side amp crapped out on me. I have bragged to soo many people about this head, the simplicity, the tone, the massive amount of power it produces.. then one side quits working. I love the amp, hate this happened. If not for this, i would score it an 11 on a 10 scale Value: If I would not have had any problems so far, I would have asked them to put an "11" on this scale. I bought this as a blimish item from zzounds.. never did see a blemish.. lol.. only paid 359.00.. a steal!! Manufacturer Support: I'm going with a 4 here. One guy I spoke with at Samson sucked and another was more than helpful. Also, I live about 2 hours southwest of Memphis. The closest repair center that will acutally perform the warranty work for me is a 5 hour drive.. "one-way" or I can send it back but they have a a 4-6 week turnaround time on the warranty work. Soo not satisfied with this!!!! The Wow Factor: sexy, sleek, and heavy - I want it fixed and back on stage with me :(

"Awesome Power Bass Amp - Hartke LH1000" submitted October 18, 2012

By John H in Salina, KS
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing bass guitar for about 20 years. I have done live performances, but mostly jam with my band for fun.
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Southern Rock, Funk
Overall: This amp is very powerful, but still in a nice budget range. It has way more power than the Peavey Tour 700 I was using before it malfunctioned for the 2nd time. I am considering purchasing a 2nd one for my home studio.

"Perfect amphead for the gigging musician" submitted November 30, 2011

Musical Background: ive been playing bass for 9 years
Music Style: everything
Sound: This amphead is awesome. I play bass in a pop punk band and its got the sound I need. I jam to other styles of music. Funk, jazz, blues and metal its great for everything. Feature: It doesn't have as many features as the kilo but I still got a great tone from it Ease of Use: Its simple. A baby can use it Quality: Bulletproof. Seems like this thing will last forever Value: I usually say you get what you pay for but this head is cheap in price and the quality is great Manufacturer Support: Never had to deal with them Overall: If this product was lost or stolen I would upgrade to the kilo. They're both great amps

"Hartke, where have you been all my life?" submitted December 30, 2011

Musical Background: Professional Bassist with 15 years experience
Music Style: Punk, Rock, Metal, Country, Blues, Folk
Sound: If you're looking for a loud, warm, clear bass sound with lots of headroom then this is the Amp for you. I really love this amp. It sounds a lot like the old Bassman I was using, but when I turn it up it doesn't get fuzzy and distorted. It really has a great sound to it. Feature: I like the 3 Band EQ, no overthinking or messing with a bunch of slider switches. I pretty much just set it flat and adjust the volume. The limiter and Bright switches are pretty cool, but I personally don't use them. The two modes, Dual Parallel and Bridged are pretty cool too. I use a 4x10 and a 1x15 cabinet and the balance knob is a really cool feature too. Ease of Use: This thing is idiot proof. Four knobs and volume, just plug and play. Quality: I would definitely invest in a rack case for this amp, but other than that it is quite sturdy. I've dropped it(in the rack case) and had it knocked over, etc. and have had absolutely zero problems with it. I gig with this amp 2-4 times a month and it has yet to let me down. Value: For the money you cannot find a better amp. You're paying like $.50 a watt. Compare this amp to other tube preamp/solid state power amp style amps from guys like GK, Ampeg, and Mesa and this amp is a better buy for a much easier pricetag. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had to use customer support, but Larry Hartke himself has published his phone number on the talkbass forums a couple of times. You don't see anybody else doing that. Overall: I don't plan on buying another amp anytime soon, this amp does everything I need it to.
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

Hartke LH1000 Bass Head Customer Review submitted June 27, 2011

Musical Background: Band
Sound: This amplifier head is awesome easy to use and sounds amazing. Loud and super punchy, you can play any style, overall just a great amp. Ease of Use: Really easy to use Low mid and High Quality: Beautiful Value: Yes Manufacturer Support: NO The Wow Factor: I love it Overall: Simple but powerful and not that expensive amp love it

"Hartke LH1000" submitted February 16, 2010

Music Style: Classic rock, funk and jazz
Sound: I just got this unit before my last gig. It has plenty of power for my Ampeg SVT 410. Really sweet tone regardless if I'm using my active eq Peavey Cirrus or my fretless Jazz bass. Great sound, and a great deal Ease of Use: Just set it and forget it Quality: Very well made, bullet proof Value: Great value for the money The Wow Factor: Male Overall: This unit should last me for a while, powers my single and dual cab configs.

"Hartke LH1000 Bass Amplifier Head " submitted August 11, 2014

By russell l in Pittsburgh, PA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 30 years, have played in all sorts of bands. Heavy metal, alternative to dance pop. Play bass guitar and lead guitar
Music Style: Rock, hip hop, funk, metal
Overall: Purchased this unit to replace an older system I had. This unit is all I will ever need, it has the power to handle any size gig and it has a very clean sound, exactly what I have been looking for. Only have one volume knob sort of scared me at first, but this unit doesn't need a master volume to get it the sound I want. Using a older Line 6 Bass pro floor pedal in the effects loop, and two cabinets( 4x10 and a 15) at 1/3 volume bridged and I blown away byt the power and clean sound this amp offers.

"I'm a fan!" submitted May 6, 2014

By Andres V in Bellflower, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Ibanez SR and Spector Legend. Gig 2-3 nights a week for 4+ a night. Bass for 6+ years.
Music Style: NorteƱo, TexMex, Funk, Pop
Overall: I have been gigging with the LH1000 paired with a Hydrive 4x10. It's very solid and punchy tubed amp. Let the tubes warm up and after about 15 minutes of playing you'll hear this thing growl! I'm a fan!

"T-Bone" submitted October 18, 2013

By Charles Tottress in Owasso, OK
Overall
Musical Background: Iv been playing for 30 yrs,bass is the only instrument I play,I play with a smooth jazz band..also for my church
Music Style: R&B/Funk/Jazz/Gospel/Christian/
Overall: I've played many different amps and pre-amps before this one and now...Its the only amp I can be comfortable with. 1 yr. ago the circuit board fried,and I had to use a back up amp for 6 months (it was horrible).After the repairs the difference is crystal clear.This Hartke LH1000 Bass Head has the deeper tones for fat sounds...clean snaps for funky playing...and clean lows so that no sound gets lost during live performances. I recommend this head so much...that I bought another one just in case I fry the motherboard again.

"What I expected.. Simple and clean" submitted July 6, 2012

By Steve W in Thousand Islands, NY
Overall
Music Style: Reggae, Rock, Ska, Blues and funk.
Overall: When I first started bass I picked a Hartke 5000 but ended up trading it.. Through the years I experimented with others such as SWR, AMPEG and Fender.. Recently my AMPEG SVT with 3 prior repairs crapped out on me again.. I had a larger gig coming up with little money in my pocket.. I was searching through all the brands but the only one that made sense was this Hartke with a payment plan. $125.00 a month aka /$31.00 dollars a week for 4 months for 1000 Watts?!?! It really was an easy choice.. I feel like I've stolen this thing because this sound is better then any of the 1000 dollar amps I've tried and had in the past.. The only thing I've done to it was replace the pre amp tube even though it sounded terrific with the stock one I just wanted more warmth. I'm very pleased with this amp and with zzounds... Shipping was extremely fast here in the east coast.. I don't think I'll ever get another brand amp again...

"Hartke LH1000" submitted October 14, 2013

By ernie oskey in Islamorada, FL
Musical Background: 40 yrs
Music Style: Rock ,country, Clasic Rock
Overall: So far so good,I needed more power to run my Ampeg,6/10.I also wanted the vintage sound that the tube preamp,delivers.only complaint is that it is heavy.I wish it had a mute switch

"excellent amp....excellent price" submitted June 18, 2013

By Daniel Jeffries in 3092 county rd 37, AL
Musical Background: playing 23 years ...mainly at church in praise band
Music Style: Christian
Overall: Best amphead i have ever used. Very clear tone. Has just the featufes that i need. Nothing extra just what i need.

"Clean Power" submitted May 11, 2010

Music Style: Blues/rock
Sound: Noisless, Powerfull, Simple Feature: No usless dials and switches. Ease of Use: Set all tone strait up(5)and control the tone at the guitar (w/active p ups). Quality: Time will tell. Manufacturer Support: Heard it is V G The Wow Factor: What? get outa here *,* Overall: will have to play with it for a couple years to rate it. If it stays as is then V G

"Hartke LH1000 " submitted November 8, 2012

By paul f in davidson, NC
Overall
Overall: Powerful and simple.

"Big Boy Gear for a Simple Mans Pocket !" submitted November 2, 2009

Musical Background: bass player
Music Style: jazz,r&b,funk,classic rock,reagge
Sound: HARTKE LH 1000 is a home run hit with this amp, i just recieved it today 1 day early, packaged to arrive un hurt,and i must say that i am pleasently suprised,it`s built like a tank but not overly so, i rate it up there with the heavy hitters in the industry i`ve used a svt 4 pro all summer and that actually what i wanted i rolled the dice and chose this amp and i`m glad i did the tone is great the power is there to be about all you need unless your victor wooten, by the way he uses 2 on stage ! Feature: the only thing i`m missin is a compressor but i`m kind of glad it does`nt have to many bells and whistles, i believe the more parts or componets a unit has the more chances that something can go wrong ! Ease of Use: every new addition takes getting used to but i dont think this will take anyone that long it only has the 3 band equalizer a brite switch and the sweep for the cabs just get to know where the sweet spot is for you and what you are using i have a 4-10 cab and a 115 from a different company ! Quality: at this price with the quality it has i will probally just get another one just like it ! Value: the best value that i know, and i`ve played a bunch of different amps i`ve been looking all summer to find out which way i wanted to go Manufacturer Support: no, hopefully i wont, but if so i`ve heard that they are really good The Wow Factor: looks great ! i think the appeal should come from the music not the gears appearence i like it to have a clean look Overall: i just did my homework any took a chance and it worked out great so far

"Unleash it`s real potential" submitted September 17, 2011

Musical Background: Bass Player
Music Style: jazz,r&b,funk,classic rock,reagge
Sound: The only reason I gave it a 6 rating is that the tube that comes with it is bullet proof but not very musical at all change the tube and the sound Quality will improve ! I rate mine a 9 wait until the tube is out of warranty take it to an authorized tech and get it replaced and you will be amazed on the sound it really can produce !

When you call, mention priority code 1579-HDWS. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976