When you call, mention priority code 1ZQ-C5MB

Rating and Reviews: Hartke HX410 HyDrive Cab

This cab's four aluminum/paper-hybrid cones give your bass tone that signature Hartke crispness in the highs and mids, along with fuzzy warmth in the lows.

"Hartke HyDrive 4x10" submitted November 3, 2008

By a customer from bucs.sheltonstate.edu
Musical Background: Active Musician, Studio Musician
Music Style: Alternative Rock
Sound: Just bought it a few weeks ago, traded my Genz-Benz 2x10 and Peavey 2x10. BLOWS THEM AWAY!!! Its got a fat low end, sounds great, and a crisp high end. Sounds much better than my Genz-Benz did and in my opinion Genz-Benz drowns Ampeg. Feature: Awesome looking cab, it only weighes 68 lbs. Can handle 1000 watts. Has a nice tone control on the back, and I love how its dual chambered, really beats on stage. Has speakon and 1/4" in. And is a much smaller 4x10 than it looks like, but sounds like a 6x10 or even 8. AND comes with casters, hartke's moving forward. Ease of Use: Plug it in and start playing. Quality: Looks great, feels sturdy, sounds increadible. Value: A bit pricey, but when you hear it you'll know its worth it. Dont wast your money on Ampeg, hartke will easily be the new standard if enough people hear this cab. Manufacturer Support: havent had to deal with them for this, but i owned a harke 2500 bass head,i had a power supply issue, they pretty much fixed it on the phone. The Wow Factor: I love the hybrid cones, half paper, half aluminum. Looks great, sounds better. Overall: I expect this to be the last cab I purchase for a long time, unless I get a Hartke Hydrive 15" to go under it and give it more low end.. like it needs it.
73 of 75 people (97.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

Hartke HX410 HyDrive Cab Customer Review submitted March 21, 2009

Musical Background: Actice Musician
Music Style: Jazz Funk Blues
Sound: I love the sound because you can play very technical and and get the low end you need as a bass player. Feature: There is a switch on the back that controls the high end, when on I feel like im playing through a studio monitor. Ease of Use: Plug and play Quality: This thing is built like a rock, really nice looking too. Overall: I dont plan to replace this cab.

"U gotta get this cab!" submitted March 25, 2009

Music Style: HARDCORE
Sound: I bought the HX410 about a month ago and it has over shot all my expectations. I powered it with a Hartke 7000 feeding it 240watts @ 8ohms and it kicks! I get fantastic punch and clarity playing all styles of music on my Ibanez Soundgear, though hardcore is my true love. With the EQ from my amp and my sansamp rbi I have heard the 410 produce all sorts of tones like it was made for each one. I don't use the tweeter, which has three settings if use on the back with the music I play but it sounds crystal when i've experimented with it. Did I mention this thing is loud!!! With only 240watts of the 1000watts it can take it sounds like a 1000watts goin through it. I just bought the HX115 to make a stack and get the deep low that the 410 was a bit shy of. The 410 and the 115 together are just meant to be! Now I get 350watts into each cab and its a monster. I have heard all the rigs out there, Ampeg always being my favorite and none of them have got anything on this Hydrive gear. The cabs are very light weight and look mean! A bit smaller than other cabs of the same enclosures but there is nothing small about the tone, punch and low end. You can't go wrong buyin this cab even if u don't have a big amp to push it but it will sound big! Feature: its a plug in and play cab just adjust the tweeter on the back. It comes w casters. Ease of Use: it couldn't get any easier ti use this cab. Quality: From how it feels I eexpect this cab to last a long time. Value: the best $600. I have spent on gear! Manufacturer Support: I have called Hartke a couple of times and i'm talkind to real people and getting answers very quick. The Wow Factor: This cab is brutal in all respects! Overall: I don't plan on getting sound out of any other cab ever again. If it would die on me I would buy another one with out hesitation!

"Awesome Bass Cabinet" submitted February 20, 2014

By Franklin Alexander in Cantonment, FL
Overall
Musical Background: ~28 Years of Bass Guitar Playin; both professionally and at home!
Music Style: My style of music ranges from rock, hip-hop, country, blues, Christian, electronic, chillwave ragtime, Balinese reggaeton
Overall: This cabinet has so much power and range capability that I bought another one to go with the one I had.....now imagin two in your stack.....that's 2000 watts of power output!!!

"Simply UNBELIEVABLE!!!" submitted April 20, 2014

By Dave Martin in Phoenix, AK
Overall
Musical Background: 27+ years playing. Primary Bass Player, Live, .
Music Style: Hard Rock, Heavy Metal,
Sound: AMAZING tone and sound quality. As I mentioned....pick up a Tech21 Sansamp Bass Driver DI and blow up the neighborhood. Feature: Killer speakers and what a snap in tone!!! Ease of Use: Very Easy Quality: Construction is Great (Compared to the ones from 80's)!!! Value: A little high in price but well worth it!! Manufacturer Support: I haven't needed them yet. The Wow Factor: Major WOW factor!! Overall: The best Bass tone I've had in 20+ years!!! Not to mention, enough power to ruin neighborhoods!! For a 410 cab this by far the best cabinet on the market. The price is KILLER too!!! You really get what you pay for. I matched it up with the Hydrive 115 in Mono Bridged with my LH1000 and "OH MY GOD".......UNREAL!!! If playing a small club the 410 is more than enough. A little bit of secret advise....Make sure you pick up a Tech21 Sansamp Bass Driver DI and listen to your tone go from KILLER to AMAAAAAAAAAAAAZING!!! You won't regret buying this cab!!! Hartke you RULE!!!!

"SICKKKKK CAB!" submitted April 19, 2010

Overall
Musical Background: active musician, 150+ shows a year.
Music Style: Punk/Hardcore/Death Metal
Sound: Great cabinet, lightweight, huge power handling. Feature: Plug and play, handles 1,000 watts, i love this cabinet! Ease of Use: plug and play. it's as simple as that. Quality: Seems indestructible, great power handling, solid cab all around. Value: low price compared to the power handling/etc. Manufacturer Support: The best customer support is not needing to call customer support. The Wow Factor: Amazing cabinet. i own two, i'm going to buy two more. Overall: Does everything i need and more. By far the best 410 cabinet on the market.

"Best Bass Cabinet on the Market!" submitted February 22, 2013

By a customer from iup.edu in lancaster, PA
Overall
Musical Background: Been a bass player sense age 7. Been playing in a band and doing shows in big venues for over 7 years
Music Style: Hard rock/heavy metal
Overall: I recently just purchased the Hartke Hydrive 4x10 and before I talk about this amazing rig I would like to talk about the people at ZZounds. When I ordered this cabinet I did not realize that it was on backorder. So I emailed the people here at ZZounds and within 10 minutes I had a response back from an actual person telling me why my purchase hadnt shipped . They were very polite and willing to do whatever it took to make the customer (me) happy. They told me the approximate date that they would be receiving more and the approximate date I would be receiving it. It shipped over a week earlier than what they said it would and even though it was on backorder I received the product just as fast as if it wasn't backordered. I really appreciated everything they did to make this a good experience for me Now let me talk about the rig. I have an Orange Terror 1000 watt bass head plugged in to my Hartke Hydrive 4x10. I can not even begin to describe how incredible the sound is coming out of this thing. its unbelievable. I have played through many top brand names like Ampeg and honestly there is no difference in sound between these rigs but a HUGE difference in price. There is so much versatility with this cab. On the back you can use the tweeter control switch to change how your bass sounds. if your doing country or something a little more upbeat, turn that switch on and you get an incredibly bright sound without taking away the low end. if you play hard rock or heavy metal, keep that switch off or move it to the left which lets allows the cab to have a tiny bit of that bright sound with a heck of a lot of low end. I play alot of five finger death punch and bullet for my valentine type songs and to be honest i player with the tweeter on all the time and it has an amazing sound no matter what you play. I will be returning soon to ZZounds to make my 4x10 and 8x10 by purchasing another one of these bad boys. I promise you that you will not be disappointed with this cabinet.

"Great sounding cabinet, watch out for the workmanship!" submitted October 24, 2011

Musical Background: Part time musician
Music Style: Rock/Alternative/Classic/Progressive
Sound: I had to replace my old transporter series cab, I tried out many cabinets in the past year or so, and I have to admit Im glad I went with the HyDrive...love the new horn. Quite simply the most versatile cab out there...it adapts well to the many styles I play... Feature: the high attenuation switch is awesome...you will hear the difference. Quality: Only pet peeve of the cabinet was the REAL bad quality in the vinyl cover...the back of the 1st unit that I ordered was literally 90% unglued...I returned it and the 2nd unit had almost the same issue...I kept it ...but @ this point Im seriously considering contacting Larry Hartke himself (I know a few close relatives of his) Manufacturer Support: Zzounds support is awesome...they promptly facilitated my return/replacement.

"Disappointing" submitted July 21, 2015

By Taylor Hansen in Winston-Salem, NC
Musical Background: Playing bass for 10 years
Music Style: Progressive rock/metal
Overall: After all the positive things I've read and heard about this cabinet, I purchased one to go with my new Hartke HA5500 head (which I'm also disappointed with). This cab looks nice, and seems well made. Apparently it's not that well made though. This thing rattles like crazy. The rattling is so loud and terrible that it's unusable. I tried tightening the speaker grill and the badges that are attached to the grill and it's a little better but not much. And I'm not sure if it's the HA5500 or this cabinet that's distorting at medium or higher volumes. The sound seems like it could be fairly good as long as you like a bright attack. For $700 I was expecting something pro level. I can't even use this live in my band. I reached out to Hartke for support and they completely ignored me. Now I've got this cab that's practically useless that I'm still making payments on.

"Man i do give advicen ri8 now yeah get up now and buy this is you are looking for tha cabinet to give you that smooth sound howe" submitted June 26, 2009

Overall
Sound: If you are looking for a machine that will abusolutely blow you up while playing you are looking at the right bass cab. This cab will give you the best smooth sound when you want to play thst mellow sound on you bass. if you are gonna go for slap and pop like i do well this will also give that high end sound Feature: Not too many features considering all you need is an input plug and a parrallel plug to use another cab with it. Parallel input (one in, one out), 4x10 subs dual chamber, one port for each chamber, my cab is a little old, so it has the handles that pop out, black carpet, metal grille, plastic corner covers, the works. Ease of Use: Its easy to use just plug n play Value: THe sound on the cabinet is worth tha cost man. what else can u expect great tone is equal to more cash Manufacturer Support: I dont think they will be any need for this The Wow Factor: the design of thios product is just mint oh I like tha speakers Overall: I've only been playing bass for 6 months, been a keyboardist all my life, but when I got the chance to audition for the band, I got a Fender jazz, and started learning the Jones parts. I even play Bass Pedals when I'm playing keyboards. (No left-hand bass here, I play authentic Jones) If the Hydrive 410 was stolen or lost, I'd call up Larry and have him get me another one ASAP! I played through the new Ampegs, SWR's, Peavey's, and size of the cab was a big issue, because I don't have an SUV. This cabinet weighs only 65 lbs! You can't beat it! And the castors are a big help. The only thing I can say is that I should have gotten a cover for the cabinet, just so when I'm putting it in and out of the band van. I'll probably wind up getting a flight case for it for extra protection.

When you call, mention priority code 1ZQ-C5MB. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976