When you call, mention priority code 16J4-16QG

Rating and Reviews: Hartke HSB545 Strings

These light gauge strings are incredibly responsive and durable, meaning you'll always get a bright and present sound even under the wear of continual use.

"Cant beat the performance at the price" submitted January 21, 2008

Musical Background: semi-pro, most-of-the-time musician
Music Style: hard rock, funk, slap bass
Sound: I play hard rock and funk bass onstage 3 to 4 times a week, not including practices. I change strings about every 2 to 3 weeks. I play hard with both fingerstyle and a pick and i expect strings to maintain bright punchy tone and timbre for at least a couple weeks before going mellow and whumpy. I have several basses with different pickup configurations, however, my main bass is a peavey dynabass with active eq. i run thru a boss me-6b. Ive also experimented with boiling these strings, and that gives them another couple days of good tone. Feature: These strings are nickel wound and polished well, theres not much finger drag, and they dont chew your fingertips up. they also dont have much finger-squeek. Ease of Use: These strings last me about 3 weeks tops (your mileage may vary) before the sound looses its brightness. they're easy to install as most strings are, and i slip a little graphite under the nut just to keep tuning from drifting. Quality: Ive been using these strings for at least 2 years, ive ordered at least a couple dozen sets. theyve been consistent in quality and price compared to other lower cost brands. I play hard (enough to get strings to bounce out of the nut) but have yet to break one. Value: Cant beat the price. the hartke strings are the same price as house-brand strings from another online marketer, but these sound brighter and last much longer. Manufacturer Support: Ive never dealt directly with Hartke, however I once mistakenly ordered extra-light-gage strings instead of light-gage and called zzounds and they changed my order with no problems. ZZounds has excellent customer service, answered on the first ring in english. The Wow Factor: These strings are where sound starts. you cant cover up cruddy strings with expensive gear. Overall: It took a lot of expensive experimenting with other brands to find this one, especially since i have so many basses to string up. I can easily use up a 3 pack set in a month, so I need strings that are economical yet balanced in high sound quality.

"Best value and sound" submitted June 19, 2009

By a customer from verizon.net
Musical Background: active musian
Music Style: you name it I've had to play it
Sound: I just bought my first 5 string after not having one for 15 years and needed a new set of strings. I shopped everywhere trying to find a bargain and found it here. These strings, for me, are right up there in sound and playability with any more expensive sets you can find. I've played just about every brand of string over my 25 years of playing trying to find the right combo of value and quality. Feature: The scale length is perfect for my 35 inch scale. I like the colored ball at the bridge end of the string. I don't have too much trouble telling them apart, but, for newbies it's a nice feature. Ease of Use: I didn't have to modify my EQ at all to suit these strings. Quality: These strings are the best deal I've found. The quality is far beyond what my expectations were. These to my ears sound alot like the Ken Smith stainless steel strings I used to play. At least with these I won't be needing a fret job every 6 months. I play hard and these have kept up great.

"Hartke HSB 545 Light Bass Strings - Good value!" submitted March 20, 2005

Music Style: Modern Rock
Sound: This is my first set of Hartke HSB 545 light strings. I find they sound great on my Godin BG5. The B sounds very crisp and fat, all the strings sound even. I had issues with my famous brand strings that where on it previous. There where inconsistencies - I found the A & D strings where not as pernounced (flat) as the other strings not long after they where installed. These Hartke strings definetly sound strong and consistent with good attack, tone and clarity. Feature: N/C Quality: So far the quality has been very good. Time will tell how they hold their tone and strength - I have not broken one yet (I broke 2 from my previous brand within 2 weeks). I do change my strings but I like to get the most out of each set. Value: Excellent value - I paid a total of $29.84 (with shipping) for 3 sets. This combined with good sounding strings is a fine deal! Manufacturer Support: N/C The Wow Factor: N/C Overall: I would recommend anyone to try these strings. For me they are working out very well and are a great deal to boot! I will buy them again.

"Junk" submitted August 2, 2013

By Jason N in Alexander, AR
Overall
Musical Background: Playing bass for 20 years.
Overall: The other reviews on here are either sales people or people who are tone deaf. These strings are garbage. I put them on my 5 string and the dead strings I took off sounded better. Dead out of the package and rough as hell. They feel like they are grinding your skin off and you can see the unevenness in the strings wounding. Have fret buzz like crazy from the unevenness and the uneven tension even has the neck bowed forward now. Insane how crappy they are made. Spend a few dollars more and buy a real set of strings.

"Junk" submitted August 1, 2013

By Jason N in Alexander, AR
Overall
Musical Background: Playing bass for 20 years.

When you call, mention priority code 16J4-16QG. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976