When you call, mention priority code 209-85LW

Rating and Reviews: Hartke HX112 Bass Cab

Loaded with a 12" hybrid aluminum cone plus a 1" compression driver to help your bass cut through, this bass cab offers switchable 4-ohm/8-ohm impedance.

"Sweet little speaker that barks!" submitted November 25, 2011

By a customer from tampabay.rr.com
Overall
Musical Background: 40 years playing, in several bands/duo/single I play bass, guitar, uke and banjo.
Music Style: Rock and Roll, Singer Songwriter
Sound: This speaker blows out walls in small rooms. I paired it with a Gallien-Krueger mb200 and I walk into jams in one trip (the mb200 fits in a CD case and strap goes over my shoulder, or I can actually fit in my bass case). Everyone looks at it like this rig like it's a toy until they hear it. Then the crowd gathers and compliments start. For larger venues I use it with Hartke 210 and a Hartke HA4000 and it fills the room or outdoor concert. Probably will eventually get another and use the 210 in the practice hall. This is a great product with a well thought out design as far as the impedence options. Feature: The impedence options and like one of the reviewer said it is scarey that it's not recessed. But I'm in the process of getting a cover made. Hope that will help a little Ease of Use: I don't fiddle much with knobs since I have a pbass and Jack Casady for my 2 basses, they just sound good no matter what. Quality: Time will tell but it's solid for as light as it is. Value: I got at a local music store that I deal with a lot and they discounted almost 25%. That would be my recommendation if you can find one, but it's still a great at any price. Manufacturer Support: I wrote to them about where I could fine rack ears for my bass head and how much they were, they sent me a pair free of charge. Other than that I have not had to deal with them. The Wow Factor: I got it! Overall: pretty sure I would replace it.

"Soul Box!" submitted April 20, 2012

By Lester lammy Johnson in Indianapolis, IN
Overall
Musical Background: 35+ years bass4,5,6,upright......all de-tuned 1 whole step except 4,s and upright
Music Style: Gospel,R+B,Jazz,Blues,Theater(Show music)
Overall: I just want you to know that these are great little cabs that really deliver the goods. Very natural tone, portable(30lbs) high ouput for its size.They seem to work well with any style of music.The ajustable 4/8 ohm matching feature is very useful too.I am powering them(2) with a BBE B Max preamp into a Crown XLS 1000 power amp with excellent results.

"great bottom end companion for my Markbass!!" submitted February 24, 2011

By a customer from stauros.com
Music Style: prog rock
Sound: sounds beautiful- just as advertised: nice full low end without being boomy! I use it as an extension cab. for a Markbass CMD-121P combo... at 4 ohm the amp puts out 500 watts- time will tell how this cab. will handle it. Feature: like the on/off for the tweeter... could be recessed a bit to avoid damage during transport... ldon't need the impedence switch- a little concerned it might get mistakenly switched and burn my amp- will just have to be careful! Ease of Use: plug and play!! Quality: very well made... just got it- will give it a 10 if it holds up to use over time Value: good price Manufacturer Support: have not needed support The Wow Factor: very good looking, light, compact

"Diggin' It!" submitted November 8, 2012

By Doug Walker in San Diego, CA
Musical Background: Professional Bassist since 1999 - Upright & Electric
Music Style: jazz, bluegrass, folk, funk, world
Overall: First of all, I'm definitely digging it! I'm pretty convinced I made the right choice. There are a lot of factors to consider (taste, technique, bass, strings, amp head, etc.), and I did a lot of research on 1x12"s & 1x10"s which put the Hartke HX112 near the top of the list. Other similar cabs (on paper) to reach the top were Aguliar SL 112, EA Wizzy 12, GK Neo-112-II, & Markbass New York 121. At this point, you just gotta pick one! I was fortunate enough to order a "cosmetically blemished" item for a nice discount & unbeatable return policy. A side by side comparison with my GK MB150S really illustrates that "Wow Factor" - no contest. This cab is full & punchy, with great low-end. Love the switchable Ohms. Sounds great with upright bass, Schecter Stiletto 6-string, & Eastwood Classic 4 (semi-hollow body). Now using with Markbass Little Mark Tube 800. Hoping to get a 2nd HX112 to add for special occasions.CONS: This is a little knit-picky, but I wish the grill was black and/or less flashy. The built-in handle is sturdy, but slightly awkward to carry with one hand - not sure how that could be improved. Wish the tweeter attenuation was a dial, rather than a 3-way switch. Mine came from a batch where the plastic covering was coming unglued, hence the discount. However, this was confined to the back & is easy enough to correct - definitely worth the discount. I would encourage anyone to give the HX112 a shot, but I can't guarantee your happiness. It does color your sound, rather than having that transparent quality, but happen to like it. And it's a good crossover for acoustic & electric. Hopefully you can sample whats out there before investing your hard earned cash. Check out a full review here -- http://walkerofbass.com/gear/hartke-hx112/

"Sounded great … momentarily" submitted March 6, 2012

By Roland M in Princeville, IL
Musical Background: 26 years professional musician
Music Style: Rock, pop, dance, funk.
Overall: I ordered this cabinet because I wanted something lightweight, with big, transparent sound. At 30 pounds, and 300 watts, and a reasonably good sensitivity level, this really seemed like it would fit the bill. I use a GK Backline 600, So at 300 watts, 4 ohms, this cab was a perfect match to that head. I received the first 1, and when it showed up, it had the infamous HyDrive112 covering peel going on (already read that on TalkBass), and there was something damaged inside as it clunked when moved around. I exchanged it for the same item, and it showed up, also with a peeling covering, but no clunking. A quick phone call to ZZounds customer service assured me that because I had rehearsals and gigs to worry about, to go ahead and use the cabinet while they did a stock check to see if they had one in stock that wasn't peeling. So I took it to rehearsal with me, and plugged it into the GK. Sounded great, but then I noticed the smell of what was described by fellow bandmates as a "burning bandaid." And then, nothing. It sounded amazing, I will give it that. But I need a cabinet that will last more than a song and a half. After that, I decided to cancel my exchange order and just get a refund.Would I order one more? Well, I'm a forgiving guy, so I probably would give Larry's stuff another chance, his reputation as a stand-up guy being what it is, but right now I need a rig that will be reliable, and I don't have the luxury of playing UPS pattycake with anyone over this item. I found an older Acme Low B2 locally, and am using that instead, and frankly, it sounds just as good although it's a bit bigger and heavier. I will say this for ZZounds customer service, they followed through on what they said they would do, and were as helpful as possible, upgrading shipping.

"Hartke HX-12 Hydrive Bass Cabinets " submitted September 6, 2015

By HERBERT P in SHAKER HEIGHTS, OH
Musical Background: 40 YEARS AS A PREFESSIONAL PERFORMING MUSICIAN
Music Style: There are oiknly two types of musci, good and bad. I have been known to play them both, in ma ny different music styles.
Overall: I bought 2 of these cabinets. They sound great. However, having played a couple of gigs with them, I have 3 points of concern. 1. The cabinets do not have rubber feet on the side that will be placed onto the ground when you set them down, using the handle. If there is rain, snow, or dirt on the ground, it may get into the speaker. For this problem, I bought and installed 4-rubber feet on the ground side of the cabinets. 2. The impedence switch easily gets moved during setup. It is close to the cable connections, and not recessed. For this problem I have to check and double check the switch position before turning the amp on. 3. The tweeter/horn switch easily gets moved during setup. It is close to the cable connections, and not recessed. For this problem I have to check and double check the switch position before turning the amp on. Overall though, I am still very pleased with these cabinets with respect to price, performance, and portability .

"Hydrive 112" submitted September 23, 2013

By John Digue in Bridgeton, NJ
Musical Background: Playing for 32yrs. Bass. Cover band
Music Style: Rock classicrock country pop dance
Overall: Im in a cover band Kids dont bounce and love this cabinet so light to carry handles all bars we play.

"HX-12 Hydrive: An excellent choice. " submitted November 23, 2014

By Roderick M in Gloucester, MA
Overall
Musical Background: Pro, 45 years. Mostly bass.
Music Style: Rock, jazz, folk, blues, children's music, funk.
Overall: Stepping down from my Ampeg SVT-410HLF, I needed something that has great sound- quality and can punch through with a full band. My choice of cab also needed to match-up with my Little MarkIII amp. The cab also had to be significantly lighter than my Ampeg. Voila! HX-12 Hydrive is my solution. Bought it through zZounds, took it right to two shows without even trying it out. Plug-and-played. Am VERY satisfied. The adjustable ohm switch and the amount of Db-cut on the horn allows for a lot of sound flexibility. Also, the hybrid aluminum/paper speaker-cone gives an excellent balance of warmth and punch which supports my playing styles. ONE TRIP from the car: HX-12 in my right hand, Little Mark/cords/stand and strings in my back pack and my bass in my left hand. What's not to like?

"HX-12 Hydrive: An excellent choice. " submitted November 23, 2014

By Roderick M in Gloucester, MA
Overall
Musical Background: Pro, 45 years. Mostly bass.
Music Style: Rock, jazz, folk, blues, children's music, funk.
Overall: Stepping down from my Ampeg SVT-410HLF, I needed something that has great sound- quality and can punch through with a full band. My choice of cab also needed to match-up with my Little MarkIII amp. The cab also had to be significantly lighter than my Ampeg. Voila! HX-12 Hydrive is my solution. Bought it through Zzounds, took it right to two shows without even trying it out. Plug-and-played. Am VERY satisfied. The adjustable ohm switch and the amount of Db-cut on the horn allows for a lot of sound flexibility. Also, the hybrid aluminum/paper speaker-cone gives an excellent balance of warmth and punch which supports my playing styles. ONE TRIP from the car: HX-12 in my right hand, Little Mark/cords/stand and strings in my back pack and my bass in my left hand. What's not to like?

"GREAT PORTABILITY" submitted February 5, 2012

By Wayne G in Mission Viejo, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing bass for 43 years, play a little acoustic guitar, am a professional.
Music Style: Rock and roll.
Overall: Purchased 2 of these after reading that 1 may not quite do the job, that said, I found that, in my band anyway, 2 of these didn't do the job. If you take paper surface into consideration, there is only 24in. total between the 2 cabs, so I recommend using 4 of them to get a REALLY nice tone on stage. That gives you 48in. of paper surface which would equal a 4x10 cab, PLUS having 4 compression drivers to really cut through especially if you play with a pick and I power each pair with a 1500 watt power amp for clarity...they sound awesome! Rock on!

When you call, mention priority code 209-85LW. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976