When you call, mention priority code 208-LKD7

Rating and Reviews: Hartke HA5500C Bass Amp

The Hartke HA5500C offers classic bass tone. With vintage blackface aesthetics and a 10-band EQ, the HA5500C looks and sounds great.

"The Best Amp Out There!!!" submitted December 11, 2013

By claud j
Overall
Overall: I have had this amp head for 3 years now. I have the Hartke 410 XL and this combo sounds great. When I travel with this setup people ask me where did get you this. This amp has perform GREAT!!!

"Hartke Ha5500C" submitted July 19, 2015

By Jesse D in Grand Rapids, MI
Musical Background: Been playing bass for over 30 years
Music Style: I play ,metal,rock,classic rock,punk,funk,outlaw country. I have been in original touring bands,and hometown weekend warrior cov
Overall: This amp is the real deal!! I have always wanted a Hartke,but at that time ( early 90's ) They seemed to have problems with them ,so I bought an Ampeg SVT pro 3. I also have a Gallien Krueger RB800. Both tried and true amps. Well I just got this Hartke,and let me tell you something. This blows them all away!!!! I have used every bass amp you could think of and this has better tone,more options to dial in tones,plenty of headroom. I waited to get one,and it was worth the wait. I have heard nothing but great things about Hartke. Their quality is better,and they have been around for many years now. The only complaint I have is with the E.Q sliders. They seem a little fragile to me. I am careful with them. Other than that,you cannot find a better amp at a better price ,or even a higher price.

"IF YOU DON'T HAVE ONE, GET ONE!!!! YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!" submitted November 11, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: 5 years, Bass guitar, I play for my church and other churches.
Music Style: Christian/Gospel
Sound: Let me tell you!! This AMP is outstanding. AMPEG don't have anything on this. If VICTOR WOOTEN is using Hartke, that should tell you something. I got the Hartke 410 XL cabinet to. With the Hartke 5500 and the 410 XL, people at my Church turn heads when they hear the bottoms this amp puts out and the highs are GREAT!! Having a Ibanez 5 string Bass also plays it part. I LOVE IT.... Feature: I enjoy the having the EQ's on it and the A&B Compressions. Ease of Use: It took a little time to get it tune to my style of play, but once I got it there it is awesome!! Quality: Vrey well built. I take care of my equipment, but when I am playing I don't have time for AMPS to over heat and shut off, like I have seen some of Pevey stuff do at time when playing for hours straight in a concert. But this Hartke sticks out of te crowd. I once played in 3 church serivces back to back to back never shutting my AMP off. It seem like the more I played the more the Hartke Amp was asking for more.

"Hartke 5500C Bass Amp" submitted May 29, 2015

By Greg B in Conroe, TX
Music Style: Christian
Overall: I love the sound and features. Once you dial it in the power is clean and the sound is amazing! Zzounds did a great job on getting the amp to me in a very short time. I used the regular ground shipping, ordered on Sunday and it was delivered on Wednesday.

"I'm really disappointed" submitted July 21, 2015

By Taylor Hansen in Winston-Salem, NC
Musical Background: Been playing bass for about 10 years
Music Style: Prog metal/rock
Overall: I was in need of some new bass gear for the band I'm playing in. I did a lot of research and reading on the Hartke equipment. I listened to what Billy Sheehan, Victor Wooten, Rex Brown, and David Ellefson had to say. I heard Billy Sheehan live with the Winery Dogs and loved the sound he was getting with his Hartke rig. I decided on the 5500 over the HA1000 for the extra tonal options and I'm really disappointed in this thing, especially after all the positive things I've read and heard about it. I can't turn it up very loud at all without it getting distorted. The EQ sliders don't produce any noticeable effect unless they're all the way up or down. The volume levels it produces are disappointing. It rattles like crazy. The tube preamp and solid state preamp knobs sound almost identical to me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Maybe there's just something wrong with my particular amp. I reached out to Hartke for some help via their email system and they completely ignored me. And now I'm stuck with this amp that I'm making payments on and I can't even use it live. The HyDrive 4x10 cabinet that I paired it with is disappointing too. UGH.

Hartke HA5500C Bass Amp Customer Review submitted December 28, 2010

Music Style: Gosple
Sound: Man this AMP SOUNDS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now when I play in church people can now hear me much better and lows are awesome!! I am set for a very long time with this Amp. Feature: I wish it had some accessories like a cover or something. Ease of Use: It took a little getting use to, but the manual help gratly and I was able to play my guitar and tune it the way I like it. Overall: Great Amp.

"Kronosbass" submitted May 4, 2014

By igor ivackovic in glendale, NY
Music Style: Balkan etno folk
Overall: If I can leave 100 stars positive feedbacks I would. Perfect amp.

When you call, mention priority code 208-LKD7. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976
Shop with those who respect your privacy — we do. Copyright © 1996-2015, zZounds Music, LLC. Terms of use apply.