When you call, mention priority code 1558-YKL3

Rating and Reviews: Hartke 5500 Bass Head

500 Watts of Pure Bass Muscle under the hood.

"Hartke 5500 Bass Amplifier" submitted April 20, 2004

Overall
Music Style: Electronic based rock with New Wave, Classic Rock, & Gothic influences.
Sound: To me, it is one of the best amps I've ever played though. Plently of volume and excellent tone, especially through my 2x15 cabinet. Feature: It has all I require. Set the EQ, hook up my chorus pedal, and I'm ready to go. Quality: It looks good and seems to be well built. Hopefully it won't crap put like my Ampeg did. Value: Like I said above, the best amp I've played through. I really like Hartke gear. Excellent value. Can't beat the price. The Wow Factor: I wish they had this amp years ago. Would have saved me a lot of grief. I think I will be using nothing but Hartke equipment from now on. Overall: Unless this amp dies a horrible death, or some jackass manages to steal it (not a wise decision on their part, trust me,) I don't see myself replace this.

"GREAT BASS AMP FOR THE MONEY" submitted July 9, 2008

Overall
Sound: Sounds loud and clean...you can get many different attractive sounds out of this amp...if ya don't like the sound then maybe it's your bass...low battery in active pick-ups will produce an unattractive distortion... Feature: It's got tons of features for $600 you can't go wrong Ease of Use: Very easy to use...dial in the sound and volume ya want and play.......it's not rocket science! Quality: I've had no problems with this amp so far (2 years) hoping it will last about 20 years... Value: I'm 42 and I've bought alot of equipment in 24 years or so...I think some makers of music equipment like Gibson, AMPEG, and many others Inflat there prices...You can say ya get what ya pay for...but some companies take advantage of this and some companies give alot of value for the Money... I think Hartke, Behringer, and Ibanez are companies that have been around for a long time, they build good equipment and there Not breaking the bank...They understand musicians at our level are poor MF's Manufacturer Support: have Not needed any help, so i don't know how to grade this one... I write a 5 but it could be better or worse The Wow Factor: I think this thing looks great Overall: I wanted an attractive, powerful, geat sounding bass amp for less than $1000 this is the one...I run it on a Hartke 2x12 cab.

"Great AMP, great value!" submitted September 6, 2005

Music Style: Everything, Bass Player
Sound: Produces a nice clean bass sound. I'm running a single 4x10 GK cab at 8 ohms (not using the full 500 watts). The tube preamp is very clean yet soft, the solid state is definitely more accurate, I ended up using a lot more tube sound with about 25% solid state mixed in. The EQ is awesome... You can really shape the sound to be as crisp as you want it... Feature: It has just enough features you would need in a bass amp. The tube/solid state mixing is a very nice addition. An inline compressor is always a plus, eq is nice, shelving eq's are great, plus send/returns on the back for your tuner, or other effects. 500 watts of clean power @ 4ohms (typical 2 cab setup, ex: 2 4x10 cabs give an 4 ohm load which will use the full 500 watts). Quality: It is a solid amp. The hard enclosure it comes in is very nice. You can remove the amp and rack mount it if you want. No loose parts... There IS as fan in the back of the amp which may run its course, but it easily accessible/replaceable if needed. The amp stay very cool (I typically play about 3 hours at a time, and the amp didn't produce much heat at all, that's saying a lot for a 500 watt bass amp). Value: Great value for the price! Compared to SWR, and Ampeg, this amp really holds its own and has a nice price to match. Manufacturer Support: The manual is great, and the website has copies of it if you lose it. I haven't dealt with the tech support. The Wow Factor: It's not the coolest looking amp ever made, the light up eq is a nice feature. Looks are my last concern. Overall: Great AMP! I plan on using it for many years. Great sound, nice easy user interface, great manual.

"VERY solid amp for the money!" submitted December 29, 2007

Overall
Sound: best sounding amp in its price range... tube preamp! 10 band EQ is VERY effective. It has a nice round punchy sound. Feature: 10 band EQ works GREAT, the solid state and tube preamp dials can really show off the power of the tube preamp. The built in compressor works without any problems. For its price range, these are great effective features in an amp. Ease of Use: It is very straightforward.. even for people who dont understand the inner workings of a bass amp. This amp is made for easy use. Quality: The case it comes in is very very solid and I feel that the amp is well protected. I would not worry much about physical damage, assuming the amp is taken care of. I have had no problems with the construction quality. Value: for the money.. this is some SERIOUS competition. The only other amp I would consider for this price is the Gk 700rb.. yet the GK lacks the 10 band EQ and tube preamp... I chose this head instead of GK. The Wow Factor: It isnt really a super appealing amp such as an ampeg SVT or a mesa 400+... In this price range, you will not find that kind of gear usually. More than anything it is a practical addition to my rig, but at the same time I do not feel the amp is unattractive. The light up EQ is probably the most visually pleasing aspect of it. Overall: If you are looking for an amp that will perform as well as one in this price range can achieve, and you seek a tube preamp, this is the amp for you. The fancy amps that cost twice as much as this one are better, but not so much better that I should want to pay twice as much for them.. I honestly feel this is one of the most, if not the most solid head in this price range, and I am very impressed by its features. I recommend this amp.

"Horrible support" submitted August 12, 2006

Overall
Sound: Sounds decent... won't blow your socks off. Feature: Good eq and compressor. Not very good overall design. Not easily mountable. Ease of Use: toning in your sound is very easy on the low and high pass + the eq, but it is far from what is capable by other top line heads. Quality: I had mine less than a year before it needed sent back for repairs. Value: good for the money (you get what you pay for!) Manufacturer Support: Took over 3 months! The Wow Factor: much cooler designs out there Overall: as soon as I get it back... it's gone.

"Aim higher" submitted April 26, 2005

Musical Background: active
Sound: Cheap, cheap, cheap Feature: lots of features to cover up poor sound Quality: made in China cheap! Wonder it works at all. Value: product is cheap. period. Manufacturer Support: Company is a joke to work with, They lie, mislead, and deny. nStay away from them. The Wow Factor: no i don't want it. I sold it and bought an Ampeg SVT. Overall: its gone....and so are the headachs

When you call, mention priority code 1558-YKL3. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976