When you call, mention priority code 15F2-Q4JW

Rating and Reviews: Hartke HA2500 Bass Head

The Hartke HA2500 is a great-sounding, affordable bass amp head. With 250 watts of power and a 10-band EQ, the Hartke HA2500 is a winner.

"Great amp for gigs." submitted November 22, 2006

Musical Background: Weekend Warrior
Music Style: Classic/Vintage Rock and Country
Sound: Full tonality with the entire bass guitar spectrum available to you. Feature: The equalizer is great. The option and blend between tube and solid state really sets this amp apart. Ease of Use: Very easy. I'd read the owner's manual once over, though. Some important little things in there that make a big difference. Quality: It is a smaller amp, so don't expect it to feel like a big ole Ampeg. This amp looks promising as far as longevity is concerned. Value: Excellent value. They tried to sell me on the 3500, but this thing is loud enough for most average size room rock and roll bar band gigs, excluding metal gigs, of course....in that case, you need to more power. We used it on a Roland electronic drum set outside, as well, and it had power to spare (vintage rock and roll). Manufacturer Support: This really should be N/A, as I have had no contact with support, but going for the benefit of the doubt here..... The Wow Factor: Actually, the cabinet looks better than the head. Overall: What I like most about this amp is that I'm fairly certain that I won't blow out one of the VX410 speakers.
36 of 38 people (94.74%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"BUY IT NOW" submitted October 9, 2009

Music Style: Metal, Hard Rock, Thrash
Sound: Got back with old band we are a metal band, I needed an amp so I went on a budget, bought this and it sounds amazing. I used to own the previous model of this amp and although its only 250 Watts this thing goes head to head with a Marshall full stack. I may upgrade the wattage as gigs get larger but the sound and versatilty of this amp for such a great price is outstanding. Feature: The active and passive imputs is just another great option as the graphic EQ lets you dial up just about any sound. Ease of Use: There are a lot of options so dialing in your sound can take awhile, owning this amp before I was pretty familiar with it so it didn't take me long, once you find your sound you will be a Hartke man for life. Quality: So far so good, rack ears could have been incorporated on the unit like the old one but no big deal. I have gigged with it and I play a very agressive style and it keeps up with me just fine. I have the Transporter Cab to and while light and feels week that thing is a tank as well. Value: if your on a budget as I am or if you have the money to spend Hartke is the way to go. I bought this amp to use because of my past experience with it, out of the box perfect and I bough the factory resealed option Got this head and a cabinint for 500 bucks, not bad at all, from when I was a beginner to being well experienced if have used this amp and will only change when I need more wattage... I am still goign to keep this one handy for the sound. Manufacturer Support: Never in the 10 plus years of owning a Hartke had I ever had a problem and I am pretty sure I never will. The Wow Factor: the old model of this looked better being all black. The color of this is somethign that just has to grow on you, maybe its just me but I thought 80's when I saw it. Sex Appeal? well I don't think its going to get me laid but playing it sure is a blast. Overall: If you want a great sounding amp with many professional features quit reading this and click buy now. This head kicks ass no matter what type of music you play. Like I said I don't plan on ever quitting on Hartke, I did once bought a more expensive Ampeg and played through a Hartke Cab.. Still like the Hartke better.

"Excellent value" submitted December 16, 2013

By Rod G in Peoria, AZ
Musical Background: 25 year professional
Music Style: REAL country.
Overall: I've been playing a weekly gig Thursday - Sunday and wanted an amp I could DI to the PA and run a small 2x10 for a stage monitor. This amp has given me all of the functionality I've needed and more, especially with the EQ and Tube Preamp. I'm very pleased.

"i plugged it in and had to look twice at the price tag!" submitted January 14, 2008

Music Style: Phycadelic/Rock/Atenative
Sound: Very unexpected volume and overall sound and tone for such a small price, it goes great with my Hartke VX410 i bought along with this head. Feature: Its definetly has everything you need to develope your unique sound, its got the 10-band EQ, solid and tube pre-amp and so much more. The only reason i gave it a 9 was for one small thing i felt it could have used which was simply a mute button. Ease of Use: Even though i have had no trouble with the controls, i gave it and 8 for someone who has had no experience using the EQ's and such. i erge you to read the users manual good. but if have experience the EQ and contour and all the other crazy gizmos you'll be just fine. Quality: TOUGH! first day i bought it, it fell out my car when i got home. it works perfect although i would suggest a rack case just for extra protection. Value: Simply cant be beat. its a steal great volume, tone and quality. Manufacturer Support: I heard they were great but i dont this ill have to use them The Wow Factor: I personaly think it looks pretty shnazzy with the speckle pait, and with all the controls infront its looks pro. Overall: simply awesome deal for its price i never thought it would hold up half as well as it did in terms of looks, sound and quality. Im forever a Harke bass player. love there amps, buy this you wont regret it.

"She was hittin and holding until she died." submitted June 9, 2008

By a customer from usatoday.com
Overall
Musical Background: Active Musician.
Music Style: R&B, Jazz, Go Go pocket beats
Sound: Damn good sound pushes my vx410 well which goes at 400 watts. Feature: I loved the features. The preamp selections for your sound shaping with the tube or solid state knobs you can mix the sound with that and have some fun. I love the low pass makes the 4x 10 cab sing. Ease of Use: totally just plug this in and play Quality: OK perhaps I got a amp that was built on a friday a long weekend heading into Friday. I treated this amp like it was a baby....One day while jamming to the Radio I had it up bout 5 had the EQ off and Im smelling smoke. CAPOOF.....she was gone..... :( Value: I dont know since it quit on me within the first 2 months I dont know. I only played it a handful of times and miss it cause my walls dont rattle anymore. I wish they hurry up and call me and say its done. Manufacturer Support: These guys took responsibility. I even lost the warranty cards but they told me all I needed was the bill of sale and IM str8. Gr8, so I have a service center less than 20 miles away so its going to be a happy ending. But I think I need the Hartke 3500 for more power my 4x 10 bass cab needed to be pushed a little more. The Wow Factor: I want more power, it looks tough but mine was anything but tough, it lived a pampered life and died still. Overall: This would be a 10 but it broke so its a 5. Its not a one because of the good support I got from zzounds and Hartke.

"MY OPINION OF THE 2500" submitted May 16, 2008

Musical Background: hobbyists
Music Style: Blues, jazz, classic rock !!
Sound: I hope Zzounds post this for me and others?? Overall: I like the review from the guy in Florida because I play alot of the same stuff!!!!! I got rid of three other combos (not hartke) due to weight not sound!! BUT , I like the tone of Hartke and for my budget and since I am not playing out currently I am using a 1400 for practice, With a 2/10 XL. I am looking to get another AND the 2500? I have been leary of the 2500 due to the lack of the TUBE but after reading these reviews it only solidifies my goals ( unless Hartke comes out with something better) So,,,,,, THANKS FLORIDA GUY FOR THE INPUT!!! And access your needs and you wont be disappointed!!! CALL ZzSOUNDS THEY ARE GREAT TO WORK WITH AND I WILL BE IN THE FUTURE FOR SURE!! ALSO, IF I GET A WINDFALL ITS THE 3500 FOR SURE,,, JUST TO ANNOY THE NEIGHBORS LOL HEHEHEHEHE! "my ratings are based on owning alot of diff hartke gear(I wish they would get away from all the plastic crap tho' because those of us who like them BUY THEM !!! GET THE HINT "HARTKE" time to wake up!!

"decent" submitted August 13, 2007

Overall
Sound: this amp does sound good. mess around with eq and compression you can get good sound with some good tone out of this amp. just one thing. IT IS NOT LOUD. not at all. you can turn of the eq or turn it all up but it then sounds like crap. every cab i played it through, including my own should have handled the 250 watts. no they all distort with eq off. just nmot loud enough for gigs. if you have a cab, but the head is too much power. this may be good for in home use, but who has the money for that? Feature: two speaker out, 10 band eq, solid state/tube modeling, they're good. wish it had better/ more handles though Ease of Use: tricky if you can't work the 10 band eq Quality: seems okay. they all come spotted up though, like funky paint, litterally right out of box Value: cheap but not loud Manufacturer Support: heard they're good The Wow Factor: kinda ugly if you ask me but what does appearance matter? Overall: ehh, can get good tone but not a loud piece of equiptment. i have a hartke b900 combo and its just as loud if not louder. and i was using cabs with the right ohms/watts

"Great value for the price!" submitted March 13, 2010

Music Style: Rock, Worship
Sound: I use it with a Hartke 410TP (Transporter) cabinet and I can get the sounds that I want quickly. I set the 10-band EQ in a "\" shape so I get the hardcore lows. Feature: It has a XLR line output and an effects loop. The line output level is controlled by the preamps, so I usually turn them down and turn the main level up. The only bad part is that the 2 buttons on the back controlling the ground lift and post/pre EQ for the line out are not labeled. Ease of Use: I can get almost any sound that I want in a few minutes. You shouldn't be playing bass if you can't use this amp. Quality: Feels solid to me. Value: You need a 4 Ohms cabinet to get the full 250 watts. It has more than enough EQ for me. Manufacturer Support: Hartke responded to my e-mails in a few days. The manual that came with the amp is not accurate about the features and connections of the back side, but it is only an inconvenience and not a problem. The Wow Factor: I like the way that it looks. I wish that the power LED was blue instead of red. Overall: It's loud enough for smaller bands and shows. I will never replace it until I need more power.

"Buy the 3500 instead!" submitted August 1, 2005

By a customer from downwithzzounds.com
Musical Background: hobby
Music Style: punk
Sound: It's not very loud.. good for 2x10 cabs... the tube emulation is not very tube like! Blah Feature: tube emulation is not the same as the old tube sound Quality: dont drop it... it seams light and cheep like a zoom pedal! Value: err your money is better spent on a Hartke 3500 for the same price from American Musical Supply.. it has real tube sound! Manufacturer Support: Samson tech is ok they take their time getting back to you! The Wow Factor: I want to sell it!

When you call, mention priority code 15F2-Q4JW. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976