When you call, mention priority code 15ZB-M901

Rating and Reviews: Hofner Icon Bass

The Hofner Icon Bass allows players to get that woody Beatle bass sound at a great price. The Icon Bass features vintage-style pickups for vintage tone.

"Awsome bass,great depth and clarity!" submitted May 17, 2011

Musical Background: Bassist-40 plus years
Music Style: all styles
Sound: The Hofner Icon has amazing depth and clarity.After a set up, It's easy to play.It has good sustain.It sounds exacly like Paul's bass.I would not hesitate to play it live or record with it.I've played it thru a Carvin 1000 watt head at 2 ohms per side using 4 cabs at 2-18",1-15",and 2-12" and it sounds awsome! It also sounds great thru my small practice system. The bridge isn't adjustment friendly,but you can get it close and it sounds fine. I plan to install a Hofner bridge. The stock strings sound great, but I plan to buy La Bella strings. It is an amazing bass,and I would buy another. Feature: The Hofner Icon comes with an allen wrench for adjusting the truss rod. The neck is thin and easy to play and I have big hands. It's light and comfortable.It has a great deep and clear acoustical sound.The finish is glossy and the color is a brown/rustyelloworange.It looks great. Ease of Use: The Hofner Icon is very cmfortable and easy to play Quality: The Hofner Icons being made right now have improved in quality. The finish is great looking, the hardware is snug,no rattles. I belive the Icon is road worthy and will last. Value: The hofner Icon is well worth your money. I would buy another one. The Wow Factor: Everything about the Hofner Icon is pleasing. It's very nice to look at. I spent about an hour just looking at it.It's agreat addition to my musical tools. Overall: I plan to keep my Hofner Icon the rest of mt life,and at some point I might buy the Contemporary model.

"Real or copy, you decide." submitted April 11, 2008

By a customer from verizon.net
Music Style: Pop, blues, rock
Sound: The sound of the Hofner is very full and throaty,a great hollowbody sound. I play it through a 30w amp and it sounds terrific. Very warm and Beatley. The bass also has great natural sustain. Play with a pick or without you won't be dissapointed. Feature: The bass came with a wrench and a cord but no paperwork about the guitar at all. Ease of Use: the bass is comfortable to play and the controls take a minute to get used to, but fairly easy. Quality: I was very pleased when I unwrapped it and found such a well made quality bass. The finish was beautiful, above expectations. The nut backed off on the jack but an easy repair. Value: The price of the bass was comparable to others, but I felt it was a better product for the money. The Wow Factor: Anybody who knows of Paul McCartney will recognize this bass right away and find it very appealing to the eye. Overall: I plan on keeping this bass in my collection for a long time, it's a staple for Beatle music.
21 of 22 people (95.45%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Sweet and affordable Replica of McCartney's Bass" submitted July 9, 2011

Music Style: Blues, Classical Rock, Rockabilly, Alternative
Sound: It has a nice rich, deep tone, with great setting thru the stitches. I have some minor fret buzz to take care of, but other than that, I see no complaints. The sounds are crisp, deep and clear. I am replacing the strings to better ones today, altho if Zzounds carried them I would like to have gotten some LeBella Deep Voice Beatle bass strings. Feature: The Hofner Bass came with a decent case, which did have some marks upon opening, so I know it will protect my bass. It did during shipping. It also came with a cable, altho it is just a beginner cable. Ease of Use: I think this is where this bass really shines. I am a guitar player, and wanting to learn more bass riffs. Upon picking this bass up, I was impressed how light it was - no more shoulder strain. Also, since I don't have the longest fingers, the neck is a treat! The neck is remarkably thin and easy to work. Someone that really knows a bass would be all over this fretboard with ease. I hope to soon be there. Quality: I find absolutely no flaws in mine. All parts are well fitted, and the finish is beautiful. The Sunburst finish is beautiful, and I see no scratches in the clearcote. This bass looks stunning sitting next to my other guitars - I am proud to show it to friends. Value: I love the Beatles, as well as many other pop bands of the 1960's and 1970's. That made me consider this bass. The fact that it sounds so nice, is so easy to play, and is light on my shoulder are bonuses, making this a sound buying choice. I would highly recommend, especially at this price. A friend that is more into the heavier metal sounds said he wanted to try those sounds using this bass! Manufacturer Support: I haven't needed support, so I cannot penalize the company by rating it low here. The Wow Factor: This bass will be noticed by all. It is beautiful! Overall: I am glad to own this bass. If it were stolen, I may consider upgrading, but as long as it works, I plan to keep it. I would eventually like to get a Ibanez bass as a supplement, but not replacement.
15 of 16 people (93.75%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Hofner Beatle Bass, only one.." submitted January 12, 2011

Musical Background: Musician, play out
Music Style: ROCK BASS
Sound: I have been playing bass for many years and all my guitars have been Fender but this Hofner is great sounding with a rich deep low and nice highs. Has many different sounds from using the switches and amp. I would change the strings to a nice flatwound but would not change another thing. Feature: Came with a neck adjust tool and cord, would like to see a booklet or info on the making of this nice guitar. Ease of Use: After many years with a Fender bass, this Hofner is light and short and very easy to play with great sound. Quality: This looks to be a very well made bass, the crome was all great looking, had a very nice rosewood neck with very nice finished frets, the finish of the Hofner was fantastic looking with no nick's or dings or rubs. This bass looks and will be a very reliable road bass. All parts are very nice and looks like time was taken to make this bass with very nice workmanship. Value: This is a fantastic playing, looking, sounding Hofner bass with a great hardshell case fot 400 bucks, what more do ya want??????? Manufacturer Support: Dont know as it works great... The Wow Factor: This is a FANTASTIC looking very well made HOFNER BEATLE bass, it is like art work with it curves and finish. A one of a kind and I have alwayd wanted one and am very happy, what more to say..BUy yourself one. Overall: I will always keep the Hofner art work. If you want a Beatle bass, then but the original Hofner and not a copy. If I ever lost this great bass, I would find another quick.
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"For the price it is an extremely good piece of equipement." submitted March 8, 2011

Musical Background: Hobbyist Musician
Music Style: All kinds
Sound: For a short scale Hofner bass, this is the best gift I have ever received from me dad. The sound and the instrument itself is great. Feature: The bass came with case and wire. Just wished that the case was in a better shape but that was settled with Zzounds. Ease of Use: The settings are pretty easy to use. Quality: Haven't tried it on the road yet Value: Yes Manufacturer Support: The service was great. They were easy to reach and we came to an agreement easily about the damaged case. The only thing that surprised me is they didn't know what gage strings were used on this kind of base and suggested to call the company directly. Selling the product this should be information to be found in computer The Wow Factor: Have the violin type Hofner bass for a good affordable price is great. It also brings a different sound to my set up. Overall: I am satisfy with this product and would replace it with the same one if it was stolen. Having a short scale Hohner bass, which has a completely different sound, gives me a chance to use it for different styles.

Hofner Icon Bass Customer Review submitted February 5, 2008

Overall
Sound: The sound is great and it has a really warm tone. Ease of Use: It sounds great with about any setup and is extremely easy to find your own sound Quality: the quality is great and it has always been a great bass

When you call, mention priority code 15ZB-M901. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976