When you call, mention priority code 1ZS-N7VC

Rating and Reviews: Hofner HVS-CLBLO Verythin

Based on the 1960 Hofner Verythin, this updated semi-hollowbody offers the same look, super-comfortable lightweight body and classic tone as the original.

"Total tone-amazing sound and good quality" submitted December 13, 2015

By Steve R in Franklin, TN
Musical Background: pro, all sytyles
Music Style: country, rocks, blues, jazz
Overall: I love this guitar. The Bigsby works great, sound is airy, guitar is light and plays like a champ. I get a lot of compliments on this guitar. I bought the blue version and have had it since July, 15

"Beautiful tone" submitted March 30, 2016

By Darrell C in Oklahoma city, OK
Musical Background: Have been playing for 50 yrs. guitar & bass
Music Style: Blues & middle of the road . Played motel gigs on the road .
Overall: This guitar is awesome stays in tune plays like a dream . Has great tone & is excellent looking guitar . I have bought many guitars & amps from zZounds & they are a great company to do business with . They have great communication & the easy payment plan works great for me .

"Handmade German Guitar!!!!" submitted June 28, 2016

By Chuck Watson in New York , NY
Overall
Overall: Beautiful guitar built by hand, quality electronics. Plays amazingly!

"Worth every dollar!" submitted December 25, 2015

By Neal G in Boston, MA
Musical Background: profesh
Music Style: rock, blues, jazz and jam band
Overall: This is a great guitar. Worth every dollar! The pickups are warm and woody, the guitar is light and set-up like a dream out of the box. If you are looking for a semi try these. Bigsby works great too and looks stunning!

"Very Nice Guitar With One Defect" submitted December 28, 2015

By Jim Fleming in gretna, NE
Musical Background: Semi-Professional
Music Style: Dance music, R&B old school, country, folk...
Overall: These "Verythiin" models are very nice. I purchased a red blemish for a good price so it is hard to complain, but the 3-way toggle switch on mine does not work. The first thing i noticed is what that is was misaligned (not up and down), and when i tried to move it to a new position it made a loud click. It has no center position, only back and forth, but the pickup selection does not change, both are on. I do not plan on returning it, that seems dramatic, but i will see if i can get a replacement switch or repair under warranty. This model is not the CT model, which is made completely in China. This is of the higher tier which include the classic, special, and custom. I also own a custom and love it. These are described as 'Made in Germany', or 'Finished in Germany'. I suspect they are Chines made and finished in Germany with some German parts. They do have some 'Germany' stamped parts. These sound nice and airy, considering they are thinner than a 335. The pickups are on the cleaner side, and have a unique quality, which again, I really enjoy. They can get plenty of sustain though when paired with a good amplifier. Out of the box it needed some adjustment, which is to be expected. I have set the action low, but have not had to adjust the intonation, which has been the case on both of my VT models. The hardware is solid, with a Schaller tuners and a genuine Bigsby on this one, I need to grease the nut a bit when i change strings, but first impressions are that it holds it't tuning well with whammy use. Overall at this price it is a very good deal. For some reason the blue model is not discounted presently. If they ever blow them out I may buy one. I am not sure why these are reduced, but I imagine sales are weak. Although I heard that the Chinese VT model is doing well for Hofner. It is a more popular brand in Europe. A far as my purchase being a blemished, I can see no cosmetic flaws in it, only the case was cracked open on the bottom near the head-stock end. But for the deep additional discount that is fair. Anyway, if you are looking for an affordable alternative to a 335, or something a little different, you might try a Hofner Verythin. Also, to zZounds credit, they refunded my Fed-Ex 2-day shipping when the guitar did not arrive in 2-days (it came today after 4 business days). They seem like really good people to deal with. I did give manufacture support 3 stars because i heard Hofner USA is dicey. But I have not talked to them yet. Cheers.

"Very Nice Guitar With One Defect" submitted December 29, 2015

By Jim Fleming in gretna, NE
Musical Background: Semi-Professional
Music Style: Dance music, R&B old school, country, folk...
Overall: These "Verythin" models are very nice. I purchased a red blemish for a good price so it is hard to complain, but the 3-way toggle switch on mine does not work. The first thing i noticed is what that is was misaligned (not up and down), and when i tried to move it to a new position it made a loud click. It has no center position, only back and forth, but the pickup selection does not change, both are on. I do not plan on returning it, that seems dramatic, but i will see if i can get a replacement switch or repair under warranty. This model is not the CT model, which is made completely in China. This is of the higher tier which include the classic, special, and custom. I also own a custom and love it. These are described as 'Made in Germany', or 'Finished in Germany'. I suspect they are Chinese made and finished in Germany with some German parts. They do have some 'Germany' stamped parts. These sound nice and airy, considering they are thinner than a 335. The pickups are on the cleaner side, and have a unique quality, which again, I really enjoy. They can get plenty of sustain though when paired with a good amplifier. Out of the box it needed some adjustment, which is to be expected. I have set the action low, but have not had to adjust the intonation, which has been the case on both of my VT models. The hardware is solid, with a Schaller tuners and a genuine Bigsby on this one, I need to grease the nut a bit when i change strings, but first impressions are that it holds it't tuning well with whammy use. Overall at this price it is a very good deal. For some reason the blue model is not discounted presently. If they ever blow them out I may buy one. I am not sure why these are reduced, but I imagine sales are weak. Although I heard that the Chinese VT model is doing well for Hofner. It is a more popular brand in Europe. A far as my purchase being a blemished, I can see no cosmetic flaws in it, only the case was cracked open on the bottom near the head-stock end. But for the deep additional discount that is fair. Anyway, if you are looking for an affordable alternative to a 335, or something a little different, you might try a Hofner Verythin. Also, to zZounds credit, they refunded my Fed-Ex 2-day shipping when the guitar did not arrive in 2-days (it came today after 4 business days). They seem like really good people to deal with. I did give manufacture support 3 stars because i heard Hofner USA is dicey. But I have not talked to them yet. Cheers.

"Updated Review" submitted April 18, 2015

By Mario C in Walnut, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Played over 30 years. Play out often. Write and record often.
Music Style: Indy Rock, Indy Pop, Folk-Rock, Indy Folk, World Music
Overall: Updated review for my Red Hofner Verythin guitar. The results of the professional setup are: Guitar is defective; bridge misplaced when installed – too far back. Intonation cannot be adjusted properly without major bridge replacement. The guitar is not suitable for playing, certainly not professionally and/or recording. Regarding the customer service at Hofner, after I wrote an email to Hofner main office in Germany, I was contacted by another rep in the LA area. He was very accommodating and did all he could to help out, considering my first experience in contacting Hofner, USA, which was a dismal failure (some people just should not be in the position to speak with customers). He offered me a choice of new, not yet introduced Hofner semi-hollow body guitars, and despite the generous and accommodating offers, I am still leary of purchasing any more Chinese guitars. The Verythin line is made in China. I’ve had other issues with Chinese guitars and this time it was the last time. I’m now sticking to American, Japanese or Mexican manufactures, they seem to have much better quality control. Perhaps my guitar “fell through the cracks,” I really don’t know. Zzounds has been very good at handling my return, confirming that not only would they pay for the shipment back to the warehouse, but reimburse me for the setup fee and kick in a few extra bucks for my troubles. Now that’s cool. As soon as my refund is processed I’ll be purchasing another guitar from zZounds. They are a good company. I’ve purchased four guitars from them, recording equipment, and other great stuff. I’ll continue to purchase from zZounds. Thanks!

"Received it Yesterday" submitted April 3, 2015

By Mario C in Walnut, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing 30+ years. I play out about once a month. Write and record original music.
Music Style: Rock, IndieFolk, Alt, World, Experimental
Overall: I just received this guitar yesterday. I considered for a long time between the Ibanez AR153 and the Hofner Verythin Red. I opened the box and saw an awesome black case, "Hofner" on the front, opened the case, pulled out the guitar and then tried to play it. It was horrible. I understand that it's best to have your new guitar setup, but usually it can be played until it's setup. Not this one. At this point it's not playable at all, and I don't know if it's damaged or defective, or if it's in need of a MAJOR setup. The neck is bowed and the strings are way high from the fret board. I can't even play a simple chord pattern. It's entirely unplayable. I will learn in the next few days if it's defective or in need of a major (and I can imagine, costly) setup by a pro. I've purchased dozens of guitars in my lifetime, I've played over 30 years, I play out at least once a month, and I consider my self a pretty good guitarist. I'm no Van Halen, but I know how to play. I will follow up this review as soon as I hear from the pros at the local guitar shop (not a chain store, a privately owned small pro shop). If they can handle the setup, as bad as it is now, I'll pay the extra cash. If they deem the guitar damaged or defective, I'll be returning it to zZounds. Though the rep from zZounds said I would have to pay for the shipping out of pocket, even if it's defective, I'm going to make sure they understand, it's not cool requiring the customer to pay for returning defective merchandise. I've purchased many items from zZounds, 3 other guitars, recording equipment, etc. I've also contacted via email, Hofner. I've not heard back from them yet.

When you call, mention priority code 1ZS-N7VC. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976