When you call, mention priority code 12D6-G1C0

Rating and Reviews: Hammond XK-3c Organ

With the VASE III sound engine, 96 digital adjustable tone-wheels and a dual-tube preamp, the XK-3c is Hammond's best Pro-Series organ ever.

"The Best B3 Clone" submitted February 1, 2009

Music Style: Jazz, classic rock
Sound: The XK3c, in my opinion is as close to a B3/C3/A100 you're going to get without the hugh expense of the real thing. To me it sounds the same if not better than the orignal 'B'. I'm playing through a bass amp but would recommend a Leslie or motion sound amp to make it pure. Feature: The XK3c comes with zero extras. If you want the extras you're going to pay. the lower manual is way too expensive for a MIDI plug in. if you start assmebling the 'kit' the price soon escalates to B3 status. Ease of Use: The XK3c is extremely easy to use. Everything is right there. If you know the B3 you'll know the XK3c. The big plus is, you can customize the sound to any genre you're playing. Every feature can be tweaked to your tastes. The overdrive feature of the tubes is unique and produces a 70s Deep Puple sound. This keyboard is very easy to play. Quality: The XK3c is very well made. It gives you the feeling of an very expensive piece. Nothing plastic feeling about this keyboard. It does have a little to it, 40 pounds which to me only adds to it's well made feel. fit and finish are great. It is very road worthy. I would recommend a hard case to protect it in travel. I thought a keyboard lid would be a nice touch.Plus it would help to protect the controls and keys. I would have to say this will stand the test of time. Value: I think this product is worth the price. as long as you don't keep adding kit parts. the stand, foot pedals, lower manual all add up to a big price tag. if your thoughts are to add everything think about an original Hammond. Manufacturer Support: I have not had any problems or questions, so I can't comment on the warranty/service or dealings with the company. The Wow Factor: The XK3c has everything the B3 has except for the daunting size. the keyboard feel is great. it's a great stand alone organ or an addition to other keyboards. The waterfall keys give you the action/feel of the orginal B3. Overall: I can't imagine replacing this keyboard for anything else. if you want the Hammond B3 sound this is it. If my XK3c were lost or stolen, I would buy another in a heart beat. It's like having a B3 but only 40 pounds and 47 inches, instead of the original's 450 pounds. I wish the XK3c came with at least a volume pedal. The leslie switch is located close to where most of us had the 1/2 moon switch. Having said that I would suggest getting a foot switch to switch from the slow and fast Leslie. You're hands will be busy enough making drawbar changes not to mention playing.
88 of 89 people (98.88%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"ASTONISHING SOUNDS AND GLORIOUS VOICE ORGAN." submitted December 29, 2010

By a customer from CHARTER.NET
Musical Background: ORGANIST
Music Style: GOSPEL
Sound: WELL WHAT CAN WE SAY? HAMMOND IS A HAMMOND, ITS ALWAYS HAS A BEAUTIFUL UNIQUE SOUNDS, THIS IS MY DREAMED ORGAN, THOUGHT ITS A ONE UPPER MANUAL IT SOUNDS LIKE YOUR PLAYING A FULL ORGAN. THE SOUNDS IS SO AMAZING,THIS DEFINITELY HELPED ME ACHIEVED THE SOUNDS THAT IM LOOKING FOR. THE TONEWHEEL GENERATOR MADE THIS PRODUCT SO UNIQUE, YOU CAN CREATE THOUSANDS OF SOUNDS BY USING THE DRAWBAR FIRST THEN ADD VIBRATO, REVERB AND CHORUS AND YOU WILL GET AN EXTRAORDINARY SOUNDS YOU CANNOT BELIEVE. I WISH IT HAS EXTRA VOICE FEATURE TO MAKE IT SUPER ORGAN. Feature: THE PRODUCT INCLUDE POWER CORD, THE MOST USEFUL FEATURES IS THE DRAWBAR SOUNDS, YOU CAN ACTUALLY PRODUCE THOUSANDS OF SOUNDS JUST BY ADJUSTING THE DRAWBAR, THE TONE-WHEEL SOUND IS SO AMAZING, THE KEYBOARD OPERATES LIKE THE VINTAGE MODEL ORGAN, IT HAS A VACUUM TUBE PREAMPLIFIER W/2 DIFFERENT TUBES, THE DIGITAL LESLIE AND VIBRATO EFFECTS HELPS TO MAKE THE SOUNDS RICHER. THERES ALSO EQUALIZER AND TONE CONTROL SO YOU CAN FINE THE TONAL ADJUSTMENTS. IT HAS THE LESLIE SPEAKER SOCKET AND THIS KEYBOARD CAN BE EXPANDED BY USE OF EXTERNAL MIDI PRODUCTS. YOU CAN ALSO USE A COMPACT FLASH CARD SO YOU CAN SAVE YOUR DATA AND VARIOUS PARAMETER FILES. Ease of Use: IF YOURE FAMILIAR TO USE THE B3 AND C3 ORGAN, THEN IT REQUIRES NO EFFORT, BUT AS TO MUSIC ENTHUSIAST, THIS ORGAN IS SO PRETTY EASY TO USE, THE MANUAL WILL GUIDE YOU STEP BY STEP AS TO HOW TO USE THE MANY FEATURES OF THE ORGAN, YOU CAN EASILY ADJUST IT ACCORDING TO YOUR TASTE. THE XK3C IS SO ADVANCE THAT YOU CAN HOOK IT UP TO COMPUTER AND OTHER MIDI INSTRUMENTS SO YOU CAN CREATE A VARIETY OF SOUNDS. Quality: THIS ORGAN IS FINELY CRAFTED AND THE BODY AND FINISHING PAINT IS SO SMOOTH. YOU MAY WANT TO BUY A TRAVELING CASE BECAUSE THIS ORGAN IS SO BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT AND YOU DONT WANNA WANT IT TO HAVE A DENT OR SCRATCHES JUST INCASE YOUR USING IT FOR TRAVELLING PERFORMANCE. AS FOR THE QUALITY, HAMMOND IS SO DURABLE AND IT WILL LAST FOR MORE YEARS TO COME. BECAUSE IM USING HAMMOND ORGAN XB-3M AT THE CHURCH AND UNTIL NOW IT WORKS PERFECTLY FINE. Value: THIS PRODUCT IS WORTH THE PRICE, OFCOURSE ITS HAMMOND AND YOU REALLY HAVE TO INVEST IF YOU WANNA ATTAIN A HIGH STANDARD SOUND. I MAINLY USE IT AS A PERSONAL USE ONLY ORGAN BUT IM TIRED OF USING REGULAR KEYBOARD AND ITS TIME FOR ME TO REALLY HAVE A NICE UNIQUE SOUND AND THIS PRODUCT I CHOSE AFTER SOME STUDY AND THINKING. I ALREADY BOUGHT PEDAL BOARD, AND EXPRESSION PEDAL FOR THIS UNIT AND WOULD DEFINITELY BUY THE LOWER MANUAL SOMETIME THIS YEAR TO COME. Manufacturer Support: I HAVENT TRIED CONTACTING CUSTOMER SUPPORT YET............ The Wow Factor: I WOULD RATE IT 10 AND PROBABLY MORE THAN 10....IM REALLY A FAN OF HAMMOND ORGAN BECAUSE OF ITS CREDIBILITY OF UNIQUE GLORIOUS SOUNDS. THIS IS THE MUSIC INTRUMENTS THAT ALL MUSICIANS SHOULD HAVE IN THEIR INVENTORY. THIS IS DEFINITELY BEYOND FOR PRACTICAL USE ONLY. THE COLOR IS SO NICE AND THE WAY IT WAS MADE IS SO BEAUTIFUL. I ALWAYS FEEL GOOD EVERYTIME I PLAY MUSIC WITH THIS ORGAN. Overall: I WOULD DEFINITELY USED IT AND BUY A NEW ONE IF THIS ONES RETIRED. I WILL ALWAYS GET A HAMMOND WHEN IT COMES TO ORGAN. I JUST HOPE THAT THIS MODEL HAS EXTRA VOICE FEATURE JUST LIKE THE FULL ORGAN (XB-3M & XC-3M) HAS. OTHER THAN THAT THIS UNIT STANDS ABOVE ALL. IT REALLY HELPED ME ACHIEVED MY MUSICAL GOALS. JUST INCASE I NEED TO BUY A NEW ORGAN I WOULD DEFINITELY BUY AGAIN THIS MODEL OR MUCH NEWER MODEL OF THIS IF THERES A NEW MODEL.

"If you are not thrilled at the prospect of lugging around a B-3, this is the one." submitted December 15, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: 45 years. Multi-instrumental hobbyist.
Music Style: Eclectic
Sound: The sound quality is superb. Feature: Most useful feature- the comprehensive owner's manual explaining all the features and connections Least useful feature- the steepness of the learning curve for the novice created by the plethora of features Ease of Use: Great sound, a delight to play, but the learning curve could be daunting for those unfamiliar with this level of feature complexity in an organ. Thank goodness for the substantial owner's manual. Quality: I have relied upon reviews and the long-standing reputation of Hammond to expect the highest quality and most reliable product available in the industry. I expect this XK3c to last a lifetime and interface seamlessly with a Leslie 3300. Value: I expect to pay more for the best. Manufacturer Support: I have not had to deal with the manufacturer. At this level of quality and price point, I wouldn't expect to. The Wow Factor: The appeal of this product is that it is supposed to be the closest thing to a B-3 in a portable. Overall: I expect this product to last a lifetime.

Hammond XK-3c Organ Customer Review submitted August 15, 2010

By a customer from netscape.net
Musical Background: semi-pro
Music Style: Danny Federici/Springsteen style
Sound: Best of the B-3 clones I've heard so far. Feature: Wish I had the foot pedals - they're almost a third of the organ price. Ease of Use: I've read B-3 books and bought a B-3 DVD and even though they work a lot with the double tiered keys, they've still helped me understand the parameters of the XK-3C, but I was completely new to the pro keyboard experience. Quality: The worst aspect is that it's still 40 pounds, though I shouldn't be complaining with the original weighing in at 450. It's just that I have to be real careful with the cloth case and carry it with two hands. Maybe if I was a real pro and could afford the hard shell case with wheels, that might solve things, but for now, like the pedals, it's too expensive for me to get. I've had a Casio that I beat on for 30 years, so I EXPECT the XK-3c to last as long - longer than I should be around. Value: For me it was pricey - had to use my da's life insurance policy, but if I can ever get beyond middling on it, it will have been worth it. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with the company, so I guess that's a good thing. I'm satisfied with my purchase so far. The Wow Factor: The top shelf is well made and nostalgic, but when I'm at this price level, I want function over form and that it has. Overall: If I can afford the pedals, I'll supplement it. I can't figure I'll ever replace it unless I come into some money and install a classic B-3 in a home studio, but that's dreaming. I'm impressed enough with it not to want anything more.

"Hammond Xk-3c" submitted September 23, 2009

Musical Background: Professional Musician, Producer
Music Style: Jazz, Hip-Hop, Blues, R&B, Rock, Gospel
Sound: I've played Nord (excellent) and Roland VK (nice) but nothing sounds like a Hammond but a Hammond. Feature: Drawbars. What a concept! Ease of Use: Programable, reverse keys presets. Quality: I have pounded on my XK-3 since it was first introduced with no need for repairs other than screws coming loose from all my travels. The only reason I have the XK3c is because the former was stolen. Value: You get what you pay for. Manufacturer Support: Hammond Suzuki. Haven't had to communicate with them yet. That's a good thing, right? The Wow Factor: This is the Bently of portable organs. Overall: Like I said, I only have the XK-3c because my XK-3 was stolen. Go figure.
14 of 17 people (82.35%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 12D6-G1C0. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976