When you call, mention priority code 14XG-ZQWL

Rating and Reviews: Hercules DJ Console Rmx

Need more than just an audio interface? The Hercules DJ Console Rmx Pro is a top-tier DJ-centered audio interface and controller with DJ software included.

"Great Value overall." submitted August 3, 2011

Musical Background: Working DJ, musician
Music Style: All styles
Sound: Overall a good entry level controller with great features. Built in USB sound card, 2 deck mixing, headphone out mic in, 4 outs and 4 ins. The extra inputs are great for adding 2 addtional sources like CD players. Feature: Included is a great gig bag. Ease of Use: Very easy to set up and use. I did not use the included DJ software but rather tested it with Traktor LE and Traktor Pro. With Traktor LE I was set up and running in 5 minutes mixing 2 decks. With Traktor Pro it took a couple hours to map the controller to my style. The mappings can be downloaded from many sites around the net. Quality: This thing is sturdy. Every button feels tough and every knob is solid. The jogs are the best I have seen in this price range. Value: All things considered if you need to mix 2 decks only this is a solid controller. You do have the option of bringing in other sources with extra inputs. Manufacturer Support: Web support was easy to use to get the updated drivers and mapping files. The Wow Factor: This is an attractive controller. Overall: For the price this is an excellent controller. Mixing 2 decks is easy and the sound card is outstanding. You can map 99% of the controls to any function you want making it easy to set up as your own. What is missing in the standard config. A filter control for each deck. Effects control. Seperate hot que or loop functions. All of this can be mapped however. Would I gig with this controller? I would but I might bring a seperate sample player and looper if it was Dubstep ect. The extra inputs allows for this. Would I use this controller to learn with? Absolutely.
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Best bang for your buck!" submitted February 23, 2012

By Henry U
Overall
Musical Background: dj'ign for 9 years.
Music Style: house, hip-hop, spanish
Overall: have had this unit for almost 3 years now, and I use it for a party bus which I sometimes work on with Traktor Scratch pro 2. works amazing. is solid, and has withstood the test of time. however, with most USB controller, ground loops are a problem because of the laptops, but that is solved with a DI BOX. JUST BUY THE HERCULES RMX, YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT

"Rugged mixer with interface that will excite any music crowd" submitted April 18, 2011

Musical Background: DJ
Music Style: All
Sound: Hercules DJ Console Rmx Interface: A perfect mixer without an abundance of un-needed gadgets. I have used it daily now for the past month and find it user-friendly. The only downsound is the Virtual DJ software; it is the limited one and provides only the basic effects. Still, if you are not trying to "over-mix" (DJs sometimes believe if they are mixing "something - placing effects everywhere, then they are not DJing - thats Ridiculous), this software is good. The mixer itself has an interface included, but requires monitors rather that computer or bookshelf speakers, if it is only for home use. Again, a great mixer with everything needed to put on a good show. Feature: It has enough effects to put on a solid show. Ease of Use: You must get monitors for speakers with individual connections for mixer to sound its best. Quality: Heavy duty and buttons, slides, and toggle are built solid. Value: Again, outside of the limited software, the mixer is good. Manufacturer Support: Not had a problem yet. The Wow Factor: It meets anyone's needs unless you must mix more than the music playing, adding an excessive amounts of samplings, effects, etc... Overall: Would buy it again
13 of 16 people (81.25%) found this review helpful. Did you?

Hercules DJ Console Rmx Customer Review submitted May 13, 2008

Overall
Sound: vol sliders are very sensitive and at times can be bother some but that seemed to be only at home and plugged in through the RCA outputs the 1/4 seemes to work alot better Feature: would of gave it a 10 if it had an external power supply. But getting a carrying bag with it was a big plus used it the 2nd night I had it for toting it to the club Ease of Use: with the bundled version od vdj this thing was cake upgraded to the full version best dj software right up there with traktor Quality: Solid case and dials the sliders could use improvement Value: for an out of the box ready to play item this is great for the home studio and club as well great intregration Manufacturer Support: have not had any probs yet The Wow Factor: it is oh so shiny sexy Overall: until it breaks or i die?.?
87 of 117 people (74.36%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"The Hercules looks strong, but its "muscles" lack power." submitted June 15, 2009

By a customer from kukui.com
Musical Background: Professional DJ and entertainer
Music Style: Rock, nightclub, Latin, country
Sound: I have a lot of volume inconsistencies with this device. The left player went completely out one night at a gig and I had to run off the right player only. The left side was just giving this light, tinny sound, with no fullness in both the speakers and the headphones cue. My suspicion is that the lack of an external power supply (it runs completely off USB power) caused there to be amp problems running both sounds simultaneously. Also, sometimes when I make slight corrections with the volume, the sound will weaken significantly. Another touch to the volume sliders, and the sound will kick back in suddenly, and I'll have to lower the volume again. I believe this could have all been corrected if this sound device only had its own power supply. I am going to try running it off of an externally powered USB hub instead of the laptop's power, and I hope that will fix the problems I've been having. Feature: I love the carrying case, but honestly for "pro" gear I would have preferred to get the rack-mount kit instead. I guess I'll have to order that separately. The carrying case would have been better if it were big enough to also hold a laptop. As it is, it just holds the console, so you have to carry two bags, and probably a third if you bring an external harddrive (and possibly an externally powered USB hub. It ends up being a whole mess of wires to hook up, when I would prefer to rig everything into a solid, one-drop rack case. Ease of Use: There's nothing to learn at all. If you need the instruction booklet even once, there's probably something wrong with your brain and you shouldn't be doing this sort of thing. I would suggest downloading the latest drivers, instead of using the disc, though. And probably better get the full version of Virtual DJ or a competing DJ software instead of the lite version this comes with. This is only barely adequate software out of the box. Quality: The hardware is solid, especially for the price, which is the main reason I chose it. With a few tweaks on the software and power sides, it definitely gets the job done. Cueing up tracks is a cinch, it's got its own mic input, and it is very easy to bring to a backyard party at your friend's house or whatever. The reliability that I demand, as a professional DJ for over 13 years, is still lacking. I would still bring a dual CD deck and a couple books of discs to any paid gig, just in case. Value: If your budget is tight, and you don't really need a lot, this will do the trick. If you play two to three nights a week, to a packed house, you probably should consider this a lower-end, temporary solution. For the money, though, you can't beat it. Manufacturer Support: Haven't really needed support, other than what I can get downloading the latest drivers and reading the FAQ on the website. The thing works, sure, it just doesn't supply its own power. No support on weekends, though, which is interesting because most DJs work on weekends and that's when we need tech help the most. The Wow Factor: The shiny metal is pretty, the construction is solid, the sliders are smooth... there's not much to criticize with the look of the product. Looks good, serves a great function, and fulfills a lot of needs. Overall: This will get the job done, and is a thousand times better than using DJ software on its own with no controller, but when you get serious, you'll want something more reliable, with its own power supply, and is rack-mountable without a separate kit.
40 of 55 people (72.73%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"The Hercules RMX is the most addictive dj controller that has ever been made. People are telling me to go to rehab to get away f" submitted February 25, 2010

Musical Background: DJ, Producer, Promoter
Music Style: Progressive Trance
Ease of Use: I think that the RMX has great sound. It is very easy to use as well. I also own a DDM4000 and Numark TTX decks and this controller works well with both! I could not have asked for more. Quality: The RMX was built to last. I am a mother of two young girls and they are always being rough with it because they want to be like their mom too and learn to be a dj. The RMX has been wonderful and I would not want any other controller. The only one small issue I have ran across is if the controller is not completely flat on a surphace, the jog wheel does not want to work. Value: I have been nothing but amazed by this company. I will continue to purchase all of my dj equipment from this website. Prices are great, and I did have my equipment within a matter of days! Manufacturer Support: I have not needed any service yet. The Wow Factor: I would like the RMX to have a face plate that is pink, so when I go to gigs, it would match my computer, headphones, hair, clothes, etc. but other than that it is great! Its tiny just like me so I can take it anywhere. I am addicted to the RMX and never want to leave it alone. Overall: I will be happy for as long as I can dj

"It's cool and to-the-point" submitted January 8, 2009

Musical Background: Dj/Producer
Music Style: Breakbeat
Sound: I have been a DJ since 1989 and have owned 1200s, CDJs, and now this thing. I will say this. It is perfect for mixing if that's all you need to do. If you are looking for something to scratch with, I'm afraid you may be disappointed. The built-in sound is not the best, but it does the job. Unless you are a super sound engineer with incredible sense of hearing ... this thing should do you justice. Especially for under 300 bucks. The thing i love the most is I don't have to burn 100 of CDs anymore and I didn't have to fork out 800 bucks for serato.
20 of 31 people (64.52%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Look further and try out a lot of other units before you buy." submitted June 6, 2011

Musical Background: Professional
Music Style: Top40, Dance, Hip-Hop, Rock
Sound: Music sounded a little tinny and the eq's are touchy. The version of Virtual Dj that came with the unit did not work and that might have had something to do with it. Feature: Tons of features, anything you would need. Some people might want fancy effects but I just like things to work and to work well and all the features it did have seemed to work fine. Ease of Use: Setting up could have been easier. The 4 outputs were a bit confusing because there's two sets of outputs for 3/4 and the 1/4inch jacks weren't line-outs which made things confusing and limited the use of the unit. Once again if the software that came with it worked that might have made things easier. Quality: Buttons have a cheap feel and only a few of them light up. The play/cue function doesn't work as well as other units and the jog-wheels did not feel very solid. I felt like if I were to use them too aggressively they would snap off. Even the cheaper Numark controllers which feel like toys have a more solid jog-wheel feel. The steel top is nice but pointless. The eq knobs don't have any weight to them. Overally not nearly the quality I would expect in the 3-400 price range. Value: I still gave this unit a 7 on value because it has potential to be a very solid unit with the right software and setup. Manufacturer Support: The company has very limited hours of operation and at 6pm when I got the unit up and running and found out I was sent a copy of the software which did not work, I was left high and dry. Using a forum to handle customer issues is not how I want to deal with a problem. I expect to be able to call a company and speak to a real person and have a real answer as to the issue. The Wow Factor: It looks good. Overall: Just not really impressed overall and I think someone who has used higher end controllers would feel the same way.

"Good Starting Controller" submitted January 16, 2012

By Omar Lopez in Gainesville, GA
Overall
Overall: This was my first controller I have ever bought and it has served me well! Great to start out with if you want to learn. For the price, I think it is good. It doesn't have everything like the other high end controllers do but with this you will learn what you really want in a controller and know what you want on your next upgrade. But something to always remember is that it isn't the gear that makes you a good DJ but how you use the gear. :)

When you call, mention priority code 14XG-ZQWL. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976