When you call, mention priority code 1407-8CDL

Rating and Reviews: HAZ Mu-Tron III+ Envelope

The HAZ Mu-Tron III+ offers players the famous envelope filter sound. With plenty of snap and wah, the HAZ Mu-Tron III+ sounds great.

"Grease Box" submitted June 27, 2013

By Scott M in Bayfield, WI
Musical Background: Working bassist for thirty-plus years
Music Style: Reggae, funk, rock, jazz
Overall: The Mu-Tron III+ is slippery and greezy and loaded with the funk! It is built well so it stands up to the rigors of a gigging musician. To my ears there is little to no difference in the sounds of the vintage pedal and the newer one. Too, the newer pedal costs much less than the original, which means something to most of us. If there is a downside, it is the amount of real estate it takes up on a pedalboard. Small price to pay in the big picture. As a working bassist I feel like I have found the Holy Grail of envelope filters! I highly recommend this box.

"Mutron III+" submitted September 3, 2004

By a customer from portugalmail.pt
Musical Background: Active Hobbyist for the last 10 Years
Music Style: Alternative Rock, Funk
Sound: Out of this world Feature: Instruction Manual Easy to use Quality: Very well built, this machine is bullet proof. Value: Well is not cheap, but is really a good buy. Manufacturer Support: So far so good The Wow Factor: I had to wait 7 years to buy one, cause in Europe is kind of hard to find one, I Bought mine in London, and it looks amazing in my pedal board, I think I'm the only one who as one in a 100 Km raid, Eh! Eh! Eh! Overall: I will never sell it, I bought just for my self (the guys in my band don't let me use it as much as I wanted to), I like a lot, bands like Parliament, Funkadelic, P-Funk and all the late 60's and 70's Funk, so I'll never replace it.
11 of 14 people (78.57%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"THIS IS NOT A REAL MU-TRON III. IT IS A FAKE REISSUE IN A MU-TRON HOUSING!" submitted May 2, 2013

By Mike Beigel in Encinitas, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Musician, MIT EE-MUSIC GRAD, DESIGNER OF THE Musitronics MU-TRON III, 1972
Music Style: Blues, rock, electronic, experimental
Overall: Using circuitry that was tried and discarded by the inventor of the REAL Musitronics Mu-Tron III, this un-authorized "re-issue" has copied the outside design, unethically obtained the trademark, and mis-represented that musicians like Stevie Wonder and Bootsie Collins used this product to make their original famous hits. This product did not exist! when that music was made.So, combining deception upon deception, this fraudulently marketed product will have younger musicians convinced that is is the real thing. It is not, and it should be clearly stated that it is NOT NOT NOT the original product! It is a PHONY and it does NOT sound as good as the original by any means.

"Great tone from the starship Enterprise bridge to your pedalboard." submitted March 3, 2010

Overall
Sound: Great tone for both vintage wah fans and for those looking to experiment. Excellent, vowel-like wahs, screaming highs, feedback-provoking lows, it's all here! Feature: This product has enough features and controls to allow you to tailor your own perfect tone, while still keeping it simple. It will take some experimentation, but your favorite wah sound is in there. And the expressiveness is the best - use a really clean picking technique and each note will have a percussive wah sound, even with super fast runs, or else run the notes together more, and the filter will stay open as if you were keeping the toe down on a conventional wah pedal. Ease of Use: There are only a few controls here, it's not too complicated, but it does everything you need. Quality: It's built like a tank. Value: This costs not much more than those boutique quality conventional wahs or the competition's auto wahs, and it sounds and plays at least as good as any of them. Manufacturer Support: Don't know yet. The Wow Factor: It was good enough for Stevie Wonder on "Innervisions", Bootsy helped make it famous (or vice versa), etc, etc, what more do you need. It's one of the sexiest pedals ever made. I like the retro look - it really looks like something you'd see on the bridge of the original starship Enterprise. It also reminds me of the old Minimoog, with those rocker switches and primary colors. Overall: I think this will take care of my wah needs for quite some time to come.

"HAZ Mu-Tron III+" submitted September 13, 2012

By David B in Jensen Beach, FL
Music Style: Rock to Metal
Overall: I'm a big fan of 311 guitarist Tim Mahoney and he uses a original vintage Mu-Tron on songs like; Beyond The Grey Sky, Amber, Champaign and many more. I was worried the reissue wouldn't achieve his results. Well, it nails it and I love this pedal. I also use my MXR DC Brick's 18v outlet and it works great, quiet too. Its built like a tank and zZounds's pay as you play makes it that much easier. If you're not familiar with this pedal or what i can achieve, then look up the song by 311 "Beyond The Grey Sky" and listen to the Mu-Tron in all its glory and thank me later.

"IT IS A FRAUDULENT RIPOFF OF REAL MU-TRON III" submitted May 30, 2013

By Mike M in Encinitas, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Designed the real Mu-Tron III (2 patents) in 1972, co-founder of Musitronics
Music Style: Blues, folk, rock, funk
Overall: It's a pity that this phony product has gotten this far. Making false claims of being "the ORIGINAL" and not using the original mu-tron mojo, Dupes the young and hard-of-hearing by its false claims. I made the original design and can tell you that everything about this design was simply stolen (the package) or just WRONG (the circuit). By an ex employee of Musitronics with no ethics.

"All hail the 'Boot-tron'. Funkify yo' vibe. Funk is it's own reward." submitted January 22, 2006

Overall
Sound: The best for that Bootzilla, underwater, ultra-wet, funk tone. I always refer to it as the 'Boot-tron'. It is just super smooth and quiet. Feature: It would be cool for other users (Bootsy) to include their settings, for the effect, in the product literature. Quality: It's sturdy. It's made of heavy sheet metal. What more do you need? Value: The price is certainly competitive compared to similar products. You get what you pay for. Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: I have used many effects over the years. I have done away with all of them, with the exception of the Mutron III, Big Muff Pi, and Bass Micro-synth. Overall: I have owned it for years. I doubt I will be getting rid of it any time soon.

"HAZ Mu-Tron III+" submitted September 13, 2012

By David B in Jensen Beach, FL
Music Style: Rock to Metal

When you call, mention priority code 1407-8CDL. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976