When you call, mention priority code 1571-7002

Rating and Reviews: Galaxy Audio AS900 System

Designed for the novice, the Galaxy Audio AS900 is a simple, single-channel in-ear monitor system with a fixed-frequency transmitter and wireless receiver.

Overall

"THE BEST BOTTOM LINE SYSTEM HANDS DOWN ! DON'T START ANYWHERE ELSE !" submitted October 25, 2010

By a customer from tx.rr.com
Overall
Musical Background: 25 years as a vocalist/musician. 13 years as studio and live engineer.
Music Style: Metal, Rock, Country, Texas rhythm and blues
Sound: The quality of the buds is good enough to get you started until you buy better ones. But, they are not the worst either. Once I changed out to my M-Audio's the system is very awesome. Don't let the silence fool you between powering up the unit and sending a signal to it. They are dead silent until you feed a signal. So, start low and work your way up. No hums, No hisses, No squeals. Just great sound at a usable volume with plenty of headroom. Feature: It's a basic system that does exactly what it should do. Single frequency, so, no need to scan and sync anything. Only down is that it doesn't have a power led. So, once you turn it on and the AF leds light, everything looks the same as if it were off until you send a signal to it and see the AF led's dance. I am rating this as a 7 because in Stereo mode, it's not very good. But, in mono, you can use both inputs and adjust their volumes individually. When you get your system, unpack the transmitter base unit and set it to mono and just let it be. In stereo, the signal fades. Mono, nothing but strong signal and clean sound. But, it comes with the rack mounts and extension hardware to mount the antenna around front. I don't do it that way, but the option is nice. Ease of Use: Turn it on and adjust the volume on your pack. Doesn't get any easier than that. Quality: All metal Transmitter unit. Very hard plastic body pack. I am NOT afraid that any part of this system would break or break down. This is my first Galaxy Audio system and waited for this generation of systems before checking them out. I am very impressed and will probably stick with their brand in the future. I have 2 of these systems. 1 of each frequency available with multiple body packs. They replaced 1 Nady PEM 500 (uhf 16 channel)system with 2 packs. This system dogs the Nady in every way and is a single channel UHF system. The Nady had bad hum and hiss as well as easy interference. Not these units. Value: This system is worth more than the asking price. Do NOT think twice about buying it. You will not regret it. Manufacturer Support: I am not grading Galaxy Audio customer service, because, i have not had to use them. But, when receiving my 2 systems, 1 of them was missing some pieces. This 10 is for zZounds. As soon as i opened the unit and noticed missing parts, I called them. The gave me a RMA number, a UPS shipping label and instructions to send it out at no cost to me. As soon as I wrapped and shipped it and the tracking number was trackable, they Overnighted me a new system. I reported it on Wed.and had an upcoming show on Sat. I had my replacement on Fri. Kudos zZounds. You have solidified a future customer. This was my first purchase with them. Overall: I am grading this system on value and performance in it's class. I am a studio and a live sound engineer. I took a chance and replaced several wedge monitors with 2 complete systems and extra packs. My first show was 2 days after i go them and the band was very pleased with the change. As a sound man, I have no problem owning them and supplying them for bands that hire me. I honestly think they will last a very long time even in my business to where they get used a lot. They work with very little fuss. Turn them on and turn them up. That's all. No channel surfing and syncing. No worry about not being on the right channel. It just is. I have the 630 and the 659 mhz systems racked with a high end single channel 900mhz wireless mic system. No issues whatsoever. If you are pricing and are torn, do yourself a favor and pass up the Nady systems and just go with this one. Nady, you'll put up with. Galaxy Audio AS 900, you will LOVE.

"My name is May Palmer-The Queen of Ivory Soul (www.maypalmer.com) As a professional singer, with a big voice and talent, The Ga" submitted August 30, 2010

By a customer from frontier.com
Music Style: R&B, Soul, Blues & Jazz
Sound: My name is May Palmer-The Queen of Ivory Soul (www.maypalmer.com) As a professional singer, with a big voice and talent, The Galaxy Audio AS900K1 definitely "lives up to the hype!!" I purchased this unit recently after years of using a floor (wedge) monitor which was very loud and assaulting on others, if they were close to the stage in a smaller venue. I simply could not believe the affordabilty, ease of use and clarity the Galaxy Audio 900 AS900K1 gives!! I absolutely LOVE it! I just purchased an upgrade on the ear buds (the EB6 Singer Driver Earphone with case)although the original ones that came with the transmitter are good. Why didn't I do this sooner?? This system 'RAWKS!!!" Feature: I am happy with the system all around, including the ear buds. This is waaaaay better than the Galaxy 'Hot Spots' which I also had. Again, as a singer-this system keeps my voice 'in check' and never lets me get too loud. What a voice saver and a CROWD PLEASER at the same time! Ease of Use: Very east to modify sound to my personal specs. Quality: Very good. Value: YES!!! Manufacturer Support: Excellent
20 of 21 people (95.24%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great Bang For The Buck" submitted June 19, 2013

By Tod Moses in Thetford Center, VT
Musical Background: 30+ Year Pro
Music Style: Everything, but currently focused on hard edged blues rock and alt country
Sound: I purchased a more expensive set of ear buds to go with this, which I accidentally stepped on and broke at the end of the first set on the first gig. I kinda wish I had just stayed with these ear buds. They aren't great but they are acceptable by my standards and when I break them, I won't be out any real coin. I find the sound of the unit, through the better phones to be a little dull but I think that's intentional. With that dullness comes a lack of ice pick in the ears or mud. Just a nice pleasant midrange. Is it accurate? No but it is serviceable. Feature: I actually like the fixed frequency. It makes them a bit more idiot proof. And I love the fact that they come with their own rack mounting hardware. Ease of Use: Plug and Play Quality: Yes. I grew up around the plastics industry and I can tell that the molds and plastics used for the casing will go years of service. I had one of the first few years of the old Galaxy Hot Spot and used it for over a decade. Very good company to work with. Quality stuff Value: Super Value! You might want to upgrade the earbuds but give the stock units a fair trial first. Manufacturer Support: Haven't dealt with them The Wow Factor: Not much in this area. You plug em in and they work... Wow! Overall: I have used these for one gig and love them. Are they great sounding? No. Are they good sounding? Yes. Can you get anything close to this for anything close to this price? No. I rate them Five Stars because my expectations are metered to the price. Too often folks purchase the budget priced item and then expect to notch stuff.

"Great bang for the buck!" submitted November 4, 2012

By KK Curtis in Knoxvegas, TN
Overall
Musical Background: 32 yrs, professional, touring, gigging, session bassist,drummer and vocalist
Music Style: Rock, Country, Christian, Blues, Soul, Jazz, Fusion
Sound: Sound quality is very good, but as with any system, included buds suck! Get a decent set of dual drivers, run through an EQ and they sound as nice as any you will use. It does work well with any stylistic musical ques, and has plenty of useable headroom. Can be used in a MONO, or Stereo application. Feature: The simplicity is very useful in itself. The only problem one may encounter would be interference if there are more than one system running on close freqs, but that is with any system unless it has switchable freqs. Ease of Use: With my own Buds it is no problem. EQ is flat, but has no adjustment on the body pak for EQ, compression/hearing protection. But for this price what would you expect? I do recommend running through an EQ to dial in your desired sound. Quality: Galaxy products are getting better, and this item is made well. I have owned Shure systems, AT systems, AKG, and Sennheiser, but overall, this is a great buy for the money. No issues on reliablitiy yet. Looks good, and performs well. Value: Actually, overall is as good as many higher priced systems. What you lose in options, is not lost in sound quality, or performace. Manufacturer Support: no need yet. The Wow Factor: It has not "wowed" me per say, but I am very happy with the purchase, considering the price to performance evaluation, you can't beat it for functionality! Overall: Though this unit is a stripped down "plain jane" model, it works very well for it's designed use. Don't let the low price "sway" you to spend more for options you may not need!

"Awesome Product." submitted December 13, 2013

By Bauserman A in Zanesville, OH
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar and Vocals for the band Rejection of Me. 7 years of playing 2 years of touring.
Music Style: Hard Rock, Post grunge, Alternate Metal.
Overall: This is my first IEM system and I was skeptical with the quality due to the price, but honestly it is amazing. The difference is night and day. I used floor monitors for years ans this system blows any that I have used out of the park. I can't really compare this to other IEM systems but for my firsg system it is amazing. Even the stock ear buds are good quality in my opinion. It seems solid and I've taken it on the road and it has held up great show after show. My voice is never sore after the show and I love that wherever I go I have the same mix all the time. If this was stolen I would replace immediately.

"Good Partner" submitted May 29, 2011

By a customer from toriblackmusic.net
Musical Background: Active Musician. Songwriter. Performer
Music Style: Alternative
Sound: I think the sound quality from this product is awesome. I have no complains. Feature: I give the earphones a 7. Could have been a bit better but then again for standard earbuds they are great! Quality: Its plastic like every other system in america! but whatever is good as long as it does its job and it does Value: Its worth its price! Overall: This system was great but my AS-900R ear phone jack is already messed up.. I have to send it in to get fixed.. remember! you get what you pay for.. haha .. but besides that overall its a good lil starter! dont regret it.

"Galaxy Audio Wireless Personal Monitor" submitted December 26, 2013

By Frosty Frost in Kailua, HI
Overall
Musical Background: Playing 50 years. Bassist and vocalist. Play professional couple times a month and own a music school
Music Style: R n B and Blues
Overall: Our band, The Fat Cats, is an RnB, Blues band. We play blue mondays at the Hard Rock Cafe Waikiki about every 6 weeks. This is where I first used in-ear monitors. I purchased the Galaxy's and I couldn't be happier. I would recommend getting the in-ears molded to you ears, this makes a big difference with isolation and not worrying about them coming loose. I only use one in-ear and nothing in my other ear. I'm a singing bass player and really allows me to hear myself plus keeps the stage volume down.

"A great product at a great price!" submitted July 20, 2011

Musical Background: Pro. Active Musician, Recording Engineer
Music Style: Classic Rock, R&B, Funk, Pop & Country
Sound: I got upgraded ear buds and the sound with them is great The system is very stable and clear with no dropouts. Feature: Plug and (with a little adjusting) play. Ease of Use: Again: Plug and (with a little adjusting) play. Quality: Very good... but this is the first in ear system I've used so I can't really compair it to anything else. Value: Great price! Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed it. Overall: As long as the system works I'll own it. If it was lost or stolen I would replace it ASAP.

"Mostly excellent" submitted December 24, 2013

By David H in Asheville, NC
Overall
Musical Background: Play semi professionally, but looking to take ti to the next level.
Music Style: Celtic, old time, Quebecois, cajun, some contemporary.
Overall: I purchased this system to replace our floor monitors, but thus far it just hasn't done the job. The electronics of the package are excellent, light weight, clear reception, exactly what I was hoping for. But the earbuds were just horrendous. THere are only two of us and we use the same monitor mix so I bought two receivers. But neither of us could get the earplugs to stay in our ears - a pretty big problem on stage. Still I'm holding out hope that I'll be able to find a set of ear buds that will do the job.

"AS900" submitted July 18, 2014

By ERIC/LURCH SCHAAPVELD in HIAWATHA, IA
Musical Background: 2YRS SOUND TECH
Music Style: COUNTRY
Overall: GREAT RANGE QUIET NO LOUD POPPING LIKE OTHER IEM'S BEST VALUE OUT THERE IMHO.

"Works like I always thought IEMs should" submitted May 16, 2011

Musical Background: Pro Musician / Recording Engineer
Music Style: All
Quality: The included earbuds are not very good sounding or sturdy. Manufacturer Support: Have not needed support Overall: As long as it works I'll have it and use it, if it broke or was stolen I'd get another.

"Galaxy Audio AS-900" submitted July 21, 2014

Overall
Overall: This thing does the job. I prefer Shure products, but I just couldn't spend $400-$500 for in-ears. This is a good alternative for club, corporate and wedding gigs.

When you call, mention priority code 1571-7002. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976