When you call, mention priority code 172N-0J56

Rating and Reviews: Gretsch CMT-E825 Drums

Immerse yourself in the physical beauty and sonic precision of a pro kit without ravaging your bank account.

"Great value for a fantastic kit" submitted January 16, 2014

By Hey Gee in Orlando, FL
Musical Background: 50 year playing drums
Music Style: Rock, Christian, Punk.
Overall: I have been playing drums for over 50 years and have bought 20 or so kits that range from $5000 to $200. These drums cost me $599 and I can honestly say they sound as good as a $1500 set of Starclassic's. The pictures do not do the kit justice, and I will skip all the technical bearing edge technical stuff (the heads do fit very well) and point out that they come out of the box with decent Evans Heads, better than decent mounting hardware, they are easy to tune, the snare is better than adequate, and overall they are a great buy for the money. The Mocha Fades are stunning. Great lacquer finish. I am thinking that Gretsch is coming out with a new design of this brand that will cost a lot more and they are trying to unload these "older" ones, this is the only reason that I can think of why they are so cheaply priced. These are a legitimate mid-range quality kit with amazing punch, power, quality and looks at a low end price. Get out the card and buy them, the price will never be better.

"Mas maple por favor! Maple it conjunto!" submitted April 11, 2011

Musical Background: Hobbyist/former professional recording artist
Music Style: Tejano/conjunto
Sound: The sound is great with these drums. I changed out the heads with some Evans ec2 and the kick with an emad batter head. The warm maple sound is an entirely different world when it comes to tone. I play tejano/conjunto music and these really hit the spot. I used to play a birch set but the intonation was difficult to keep and the pitch was too attacky for my liking. These really complement the genre of music I play. Quality: The cherry burst wood finish was more than what I expected. The pictures don't do justice for the actual product once you get it. I went out and bought cases for them as soon as I got them.

"Great Customer Service!!!!!!!!!!!!!" submitted August 23, 2012

By William B in Burbank, IL
Overall
Musical Background: I play the guitar.
Music Style: All sorts.
Overall: You can't breat the customer service, I was looking for a set of drums as a gift for my nephew, I shoppped all the major retailers and had a real bad experience with G***** C***** where I live so I browsed the web and found zZounds. I purchased a set of Gretsch Catlina Maple drums and can't say enough, I had a small problem with one of the toms and within 3 days I had the problem solved. These people are the real deal!!!!!!

"SO SO QUALITY GRETSCH CATALINA MAPLE INPORT FROM CHINA!!!!!!" submitted January 26, 2013

By MICHAEL A in COLUMBUS, OH
Musical Background: SEMI PRO YOUGER YEARS - RETIRED,JAM AT HOME WITH FRIENDS
Music Style: ROCK,COUNTY JAZZ AND BLUES
Overall: I JUST WANTED TO BUY THIS Gretsch CATALINA 7 PC. KIT TO BE SIMPLE AND I HATE TO SAY THE QUALITY IS NOT ALL THERE.. THE ONLY REASON THAT I DID NOT SEND IT BACK WAS THAT I HAD SENT A PDP CONCEPT SERIES KIT BACK 4 MONTHS AGO BE FOR I GOT THE GRETSCH BECAUSE OF MAJOR HEALTH PROBLEMS AND I JUMPED THE GUN THAT MY WORLD HAD COME TO A END --- WRONG MOVE TO MAKE! I GOT THE (7 PLY) CHERRY BURST FINISH AND LOVE IT. I CHANGED THE STOCK HEADS TO EVANS EC2 AND I CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT THE SOUND IS WONDERFUL..THE TOMS ARE RESONANT AND WARM AND A REALLY NICE BEARING EDGE. ONE BIB FACTOR THAT I REALLY LIKED WAS THE TOMS ARE EASY TO POSITION BECAUSE OF THE KIT TOM HOLDER. I DID NOT CARE FOR THE SNARE AS NOT ENOUGH CRACK FOR MY SITUATION AND TASTE. IT HAS 8 LUGS AND I LIKE 10 LUGS SNARE DRUM..IT WAS NOT A DEAL BREAKER AS I HAVE OTHER SNARE DRUMS. WHAT I AM UNHAPPY ABOUT IS THE 16X16 FLOOR TOM INSIDE SHELL HAS THE CHERRY BURST STAIN SMEAR LINE ABOUT 4 INCHES LONG. ALSO ONE OF THE BASS DRUM WOOD HOOPS IS (INSIDE)75% LIGHT WOOD FINISH AND 25% DARKER FINISH.???????? WHEN I WENT TO CHANGE THE HEADS ON THE 8X10 HIGH TOM I HAD TO FORCE THE HEAD FROM THE NICKLE CHROME HOOP AND ALSO FORCE TO PUT THE NEW HEAD USING THAT HOOP TO ME IT LOOKS LIKE THAT IT MAKE TO SMALL FOR THE DRUM. I AM STILL WAITING FOR THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT TO GET BACK TO ME AND ITS BEEN OVER 30 DAYS THE LAST THING THAT I WANT TO SAY IS THAT zZOUNDS ROCKS AND GOT THE BEST DEALS AND CUSTOMER SERVICE IS OUT STANDING I DO NOT LOOK ANY OTHER PLACE WHEN I NEED GEAR AND THE PAYMENT PLAN IS COOL TOO!

When you call, mention priority code 172N-0J56. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976