When you call, mention priority code 20G-5649

Rating and Reviews: Gretsch CM1E826 Catalina

Its 7-ply maple shells with 30-degree bearing edges give the Gretsch CM1E826 Catalina Maple shell kit a warm, vibrant sound with lightning-fast response.

"Gretsch Catalina Maples are the Bomb!" submitted February 2, 2015

By Wade N in Jefferson, GA
Overall
Musical Background: Professional drummer with 35 years of playing experience.
Music Style: Rock, country or whatever the gig calls for.
Overall: First of all, let me say that ordering this kit from zZounds was a breeze and the payment plan is perfect for me. I ordered this kit (with the Walnut Glaze finish. Beautiful!) from them on a Friday and it arrived at my front door the next Tuesday afternoon. I had previously ordered this kit from another company because they were selling it for $100 less, but after waiting a month and a half with no sign it would ever show up, I finally wised up and ordered from these guys. As far as the drums themselves are concerned, I couldn't be happier! They look incredible but, more importantly, they sound even better. The tone off of the toms was great once I got the top and bottom heads tuned the way I like them and the bass drum is indescribably good. Such a magnificent, low "THUMP!" to it with very little effort. I just tuned it low, put a Kickport in the front (don't know that that was necessary, but it's what I did) and taped a 3"x5" patch of felt on the batter head to take a little of the resonance off and it sounds absolutely killer! I read a previous review that says the 8" tom is useless, but I disagree. It's more of an accent drum, but I've used it as part of the whole kit for 3 gigs now so far and have really enjoyed having that extra "color" to work with. The snare is very good, but possibly my least favorite part of the kit. I have been working on adjusting the head tensions on it though and have been happier since then, so perhaps I just need to put a little more work into it to get the sound that I want out of it. That's a small complaint though and, overall, I would say this kit from this company is a fantastic purchase. I am loving that great Gretsch sound and look forward to years of fun playing these babies!

"Gretsch Catalina maple shell kit" submitted September 25, 2014

By martin j in frazee, MN
Musical Background: singer- drummer, weekend shows,40+ years
Music Style: classic rock,blues,country
Overall: I bought the Gretsch Catalina club jazz kit from zZounds 2 years ago,and was so happy with the sound and service I recently bought the Catalina maple kit. The bigger kit is great for larger stages,and the maple tone is awesome.I got the blue sparkle and the finish is great under the lights. The free 8 inch tom really cracks!

"Happy Gretsch customer" submitted March 9, 2015

By Rick Shady in Milwaukee, WI
Overall
Musical Background: I started taking drum lessons in 1964 when I was 14 and have been playing off and on ever since.
Music Style: Primarily rock, but also blues and some R&B. I have had one E set and this is my 3rd acoustical set since "64".
Overall: Decided that I wanted to go back to acoustic so I bought this shell kit upon selling the E-kit that I had for about 6 years. Picked this 7 piece set up on SPECIAL for $595.00 and added a Sabian ride, 3 crashes , 14" HH's and double base pedals all for about a grand. What a steal! Extremely happy with the sound, quality, and looks of this set.

"Gretsch Catalina" submitted May 19, 2016

By Casey A in Laconia, NH
Musical Background: Have been playing in multiple bands for the last 8 years
Music Style: Rock, Christian, jazz
Overall: This is my first brand new drum set I have ever purchased. Have been drumming for about 11 years now, just always purchased used. This is an absolutely awesome kit. Great sounds, after a little bit of tuning and tweaking it sounds perfect. Good resonance, great looks, and have no complaints! And the play as you pay option is awesome. Got the whole kit, cymbals, and hardware shipped to my house in one and a half days! If you were thinking about purchasing this kit from zZounds then don't wait any longer!!!

"Gretch Catalina Maple " submitted September 20, 2015

By Alexis Salazar in The Colony, TX
Musical Background: 7 years, drums, guitar and bass, sing, choir, jam at home
Music Style: rock, metal ,post- hardcore, death core blues metal core
Overall: WOW! This Drum set is awesome, from the detail put into it, and the finish all the way to the sound it puts out, I will be using this set for as long as it will let me.

"Greschedule Catalina Drum Kit" submitted January 22, 2015

By John McGowan in Morris, PA
Musical Background: Drums Vibes
Music Style: Varied
Overall: Beautiful set fantastic sounding coupled with Sabian cymbals and DR Hardware Aqua blue sparkle really pops

"Gretsch Catalina Maple 7 piece" submitted May 4, 2014

By Tom C in South Daytona, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing music for 45 years, sax, piano, drums, at home and professionally.
Music Style: Rock, jazz, blues, symphonic, concert
Overall: Very happy with the Catalina Maple drum kit, quality product, great payment plan, fast delivery, exactly what I wanted.

"drums" submitted September 13, 2014

By eric waldrup in RED BANK, TN
Musical Background: been playing in bands since 87
Music Style: all metal punk and rock check out we are all or nothin.com
Overall: i bought this kit 2 weeks ago it sounds great the bass drum is un real the killer tone it gives i just put one small clothe in it and it sounds studio ready the 8 in tom is nothing to use really thats why its free but the kit is killer sounding i have played on birch for 23 yrs and now really love the maple sound!!!

"Great Maple Custom Drumset" submitted June 23, 2015

By Alexi M in Reading, PA
Overall
Musical Background: I played Drums ever since i was about 14 years old . Im 36 now eventhough i took a long break. i mainly play in church
Music Style: I Mainly play cristian music but can play just about any beat trown at me. This Drum Set was recomended by a friend so i took hi
Overall: I love this Set I was looking for a set of drums i called up a friend who is a professional drummer he recommended me this Kit. I'm glad I listened to him.

When you call, mention priority code 20G-5649. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976